WHere are all the idea threads?

Recently, sense Origins, or possibly MOTD was released, Ive noticed a SERIOUS decline in members using the "future zombies" section of CODzF, which Is a great shame, I love to read map ideas and predictions... What happened to those? It appears only myself and She3aproject are the only ones making any idea maps right now.... :(

So my question is: When should I start seeing the return of new map ideas? It's only the second week into ghosts and I don't see what should be a large board of potential Ideas and routes for trayarch to take.... From what I saw after the moon release last era everyone and their brother had ideas about vrill, doomsday, teleportation, rifts, energy signatures, you NAME it. Now it's just kinda... pfffft.... Any reason why?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

When you have a lackluster ending like Origins', it throws off a great deal of people who don't even know where to begin anymore. The ideas are limitless, but at least with Moon you had several templates to go off of whereas Origins leaves you at a dead end because...well, there really isn't anything to imagine other than something non-cannon.

• Administrators

When you have a lackluster ending like Origins', it throws off a great deal of people who don't even know where to begin anymore. The ideas are limitless, but at least with Moon you had several templates to go off of whereas Origins leaves you at a dead end because...well, there really isn't anything to imagine other than something non-cannon.

Festo, pretty much hit the nail on the head. After the events on Origins anything we would have would be nothing short of a guess. The only thing that was really left to go on was run of the mill child Samantha and sirens. Which has already been discussed a few times. So basically we are at the point where anything we write would be fanfic and should be posted under stories.

So my thoughts are that the theories will return when Treyarch releases a tidbit of info (it could be a partial image of Richtofen's sock. You know we'll go wild.). Or people get stir crazy from all the What's your favorite Wonder gun threads and the creativity is revived. So if you two are driving it now, more power to you. If other members in the forum are like me however, I like like theorizing from factual information which we currently have pretty much none. Which isn't by any means the right way. Do you think I saw Tranzit coming? lol So keep up the great map ideas and don't let others lack of threads discourage you.

I agree that there is a lack of idea threads, but IMO it has been that way since BO2 launched. This was several months after I joined the site, and I remember that even after TranZit & Die Rise came out - I was still making threads about Operation Paperclip, Shangri-La Mountains, and other "old" topics.

The problem lies mostly with the way that they made the "story" in Black Ops 2.

In Black Ops 1, the zombies storyline was cryptic - but at the same time gave you a nod as to where you were going next. You had the "Golden Key", the Focusing Stone, and the Vril Device following you through maps. You slowly grew wary of Richtofen thanks to audio cues. When the end came, it was THE end that fans had hoped for. Sam & Richtofen swapping bodies, playing in outer space, blowing up the earth, but then you returned to earth via Area 51 portal annnndd... is this earth? is it just a graphical glitch? Insanity. Literally leaves you at the biggest possible cliffhanger.

In Black Ops 2, the zombies storyline we'd come to know from BO1 was all but non-existent. Instead, we get a multiple narrative/multiple outcome storyline set in a whole different timeline seemingly ages after the events of Moon (which we never really get an answer to). More questions are given then answers. Each map is more confounding then the next, and on top of that - a lackluster cast of "less than hero's" who are literally just doing what they are told. Richtofen had a plan in BO1, does any mortal being have a plan in BO2? We STILL don't know!!! As far as I could tell, no one in the N4 knew what the f*** they were doing - they were questioning it the whole time. The Flesh, the Rift, the Nav Cards - it never. added. up.

But then, we were given ORIGINS. With ORIGINS, we learned that element 115 rips things through time and space, & in it's most pure form is bright blue. We learned that the O4 were normal once, but that's not all we learned. We learned that the O4 have much more history than we could have ever thought.

Festo, pretty much hit the nail on the head. After the events on Origins anything we would have would be nothing short of a guess. The only thing that was really left to go on was run of the mill child Samantha and sirens. Which has already been discussed a few times. So basically we are at the point where anything we write would be fanfic and should be posted under stories.

LACKLUSTER?

NOTHING SHORT OF A GUESS?

The problem is, you guys are taking Treyarch's bait. They want you to think that it was all a game, and that the ending is the "end all" explanation. You are taking the most blatant obvious thing, and using that as the sole determining factor. You MUST LOOK DEEPER.

Why are there statues of the O4 in a room that has been sealed for centuries - long before their birth?

In the statues, why are the O4 wearing clothing with the same symbol as the generator/Agarthan (as MMX proposed) zombies?

Why is the picture a drawn image of the O4 sporting the generator/Agarthan zombies symbol clothing again? And why are they holding up staffs in front of a shocked crowd who are clothed in robes? What is that shining city in the back left? Why does it say "first" in Latin? Why Latin? Why does Richtofen STILL have the MotD blood vial?

What we have, my friends, is a gold mine of questions and futures. The ending is far from lackluster, and in terms of "guessing" - we are going back, back, back. Farther back then we've ever been. We will learn why the O4 have gigantic statues, and what they did to achieve such an eternal honor. I'm working on a thread called "There and Back Again: An Agarthan Story", and I'm going to cover all this in detail.

• Administrators

My dear Grilliam, I meant lackluster as "we have pretty much nowhere left to go that gives us open questions like Black ops did". You pretty much put a sock in my mouth, so thanks for reminding us about the underlying statues of the ancients. I pretty much forgot about those. :lol:

As far as anything beyond that goes, I still wish we'd have more insight on things like The Flesh or the Tranzit Conspiracy or...just more like BO did before.

My dear Grilliam, I meant lackluster as "we have pretty much nowhere left to go that gives us open questions like Black ops did". You pretty much put a sock in my mouth, so thanks for reminding us about the underlying statues of the ancients. I pretty much forgot about those. :lol:

As far as anything beyond that goes, I still wish we'd have more insight on things like The Flesh or the Tranzit Conspiracy or...just more like BO did before.

Ah sorry didn't mean to do sock-to-mouth.

One last question - why are the O4's statues holding swords, and not staffs? I really hope it means we're going medieval.

Well done Grill. Although I think Infest's point still has merit (incorrect merit, that is). Regardless of the accuracy of the statements about Origins, the statements are still made. You and I know them not be true, but not everyone sees that (unfortunately). And that may have drawn them away. On the contrary, though, I must also admit that idea threads were never really consistent with any sort of pattern.

Btw, Grill, remember the placement of the statues. The staffs' positions are right in front of them, in front of the swords. The statue may carry a sword, but the pedestal in front of the statue symbolizes what their "sword" is, a staff. Now the pedestals we see are just replicas, but in all likelihood the sentiment could hold true for the originals that were once there.

where is the idea threads? its simple really,WE OWN THEM!!! :twisted:

anyways we may see more soon.

hey murder i always wanted to ask you something. could samatha been actually from the era medival? like samatha was running from the templar knights because she was a noble girl not wanting to do something like marry someone she hates the person shes marrying? then shes finds the crazy place,somehow gets trapped in agartha,and when the templars arrive,she warns them of the things to come? because she can see the future(well part of it) and she realizes the danger. then zombies come and kill the templars after they build the site. she tries to warn maxis,even claiming to be her own daughter. he fails to heed the warning and so she makes the o4 do it. thus the world is saved(for now).

this is off topic yes,but i am so darn curious about what you think about this.

where is the idea threads? its simple really,WE OWN THEM!!! :twisted:

anyways we may see more soon.

hey murder i always wanted to ask you something. could samatha been actually from the era medival? like samatha was running from the templar knights because she was a noble girl not wanting to do something like marry someone she hates the person shes marrying? then shes finds the crazy place,somehow gets trapped in agartha,and when the templars arrive,she warns them of the things to come? because she can see the future(well part of it) and she realizes the danger. then zombies come and kill the templars after they build the site. she tries to warn maxis,even claiming to be her own daughter. he fails to heed the warning and so she makes the o4 do it. thus the world is saved(for now).

this is off topic yes,but i am so darn curious about what you think about this.

Sorry, but I don't see that as a current possibility with what we have now. That could possibly be true if Treyarch put something that indicated that, but from what we know Samantha was at one point a German little girl, child of Dr. Maxis in the '40's. That much is pretty much rock-solid. The only way she could ever be in medieval times is as something other than her true human little girl self, such as a deity, ethereal being, or Richtofen. But, we have no record of her even being around anytime earlier than 1918.