The Challenge Thread

Boom115

I have a new challenge.

Dharma's Care Package

Here is what you need.

+Aistrikes

+Ull's arrow

+Boomhilda

+All 4 perks of your choice or(Jugg/stamin-up/QR and Speed preferred)

Challenge is to get the above class as fast as you can. That is earliest possible round. Why that setup? This is an ideal setup for high round and is completely based on the scavenging done by you while it is snowing. Airstrikes are always challenging unless you have the punch at early round. Having Boomhilda means activating all generators and using your money in clever way.

My record is round 11. Here is a picture.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUVzxeiCIAA_kV3.jpg:large

I'll try and upload a video from theater mode.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I have a new challenge. Here is what you need.

Dharma's Care Package

Aistrikes

Ull's arrow

Boomhilda

All 4 perks (Jugg/stamin-up/QR and Speed in that order)

Challenge is to get the above class as fast as you can. That is earliest possible round. Why that setup? This is an ideal setup for high round and is completely based on the scavenging done by you while it is snowing. Airstrikes are always challenging unless you have the punch at early round. Having Boomhilda means activating all generators and using your money in clever way.

My record is round 11. Here is a picture.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUVzxeiCIAA_kV3.jpg:large

I'll try and upload a video from theater mode.

The only thing I would change is defining specific perks.

Here's why:

[*:1kogu3m1]I never run with quick revive. I feel like it's a safety net and I'm way less cautious when using it.
    [*:1kogu3m1]Depending where you run you might not consider Stamina or speed cola a staple to your set up.
    [*:1kogu3m1]Also if you are using ray gun you might want PHD.
    I think four perks yes, allow the choice. Make the Double Reward a restricted as a first four.

-Boom

• Administrators

Yes I originally did not put any restriction on perks. So I won't mind.

My reason for those perks is because that IS the ideal setup for high round game. But since this is just a challenge, it is totally up to you.

But I am completely okay with any 4 perks. I will edit it.

I will agree with you there. I think not using QR is what prevents me from hitting the really high rounds. Speed Just does not seem to be an issue for me when training.

Jugg- A Must

Double Tap- A double must

Mule Kick- Meh, maybe if its free or from the wunderfizz. (I've gotten caught way too many time with the third empty weapon)

Stamina-up- I feel like i'm fast enough even with the mud. Definitely beneficial in Co-op.

Dead Shot- I'm already a crack shot, but it's nice when im feeling lazy.

PHD-Meh, good for camping with the Porter's.

Speed-Cola- Essential for camping, doesnt seem the important when training.

Anyway off topic, I'll add in your challenge. Thanks for your ideas and participation!

Gave the Dig Weapons Challenge a go to get someone on the board. Got to round 29. Only proof I have is the theater recording, but it is nearly 2 hours long (and no one wants to sit through that!) so here are a few highlights from the game:

Pack-a-Punching the Mauser, Round 7

First Down Round 10 (like an absolute BOSS)

Receiving Golden Helmet Round 12

First (and only) Found Perk Pile Round 12

Pack-a-Punch'd R870 Round 16

Second Down Round 19

Opting for Electric Cherry over Double Tap 2.0 Round 19 (This is also known as "being stupid" :P )

Digging Up an AK74u Round 21

From 74u to 74fu2 Round 21

Out of Ammo, Swapped for Another R870 Round 27

...and Trading that for a Ballista Round 28

Packing Some Punch with the Ballista Round 28

Third Down Round 29 (Stupid Panzer...)

Final Down Round 29 (Immediately followed down #3)

Final Scoreboard: 1134 kills, 4 downs, Proof of staves or Maxis Drone not being built

Sorry for the long post, didn't have any other way to show proof :P I have the whole gameplay on my CoD TV if anyone wants to make good and sure ;) (GT: The Twirp)

I realize 29 ain't exactly a high round, but I took shortcuts that caused me to go down (my second down was by two zombies I was saving at the end of the round...........), so I'll definitely be trying to get to a much higher round soon :lol:

Here's my challenge for the crazy place: Nacht der verruckte ort;

Must be in the crazy place by end of round 5.

No perks.

May only buy wall weapons in crazy place.

May use whatever you managed to bring with you.

You may not leave the crazy place.

Standard challenge: no walls.

Master challenge: take crystal/drop walls.

• Administrators

Gave the Dig Weapons Challenge a go to get someone on the board. Got to round 29. Only proof I have is the theater recording, but it is nearly 2 hours long (and no one wants to sit through that!) so here are a few highlights from the game:

Pack-a-Punching the Mauser, Round 7

First Down Round 10 (like an absolute BOSS)

Receiving Golden Helmet Round 12

First (and only) Found Perk Pile Round 12

Pack-a-Punch'd R870 Round 16

Second Down Round 19

Opting for Electric Cherry over Double Tap 2.0 Round 19 (This is also known as "being stupid" :P )

Digging Up an AK74u Round 21

From 74u to 74fu2 Round 21

Out of Ammo, Swapped for Another R870 Round 27

...and Trading that for a Ballista Round 28

Packing Some Punch with the Ballista Round 28

Third Down Round 29 (Stupid Panzer...)

Final Down Round 29 (Immediately followed down #3)

Final Scoreboard: 1134 kills, 4 downs, Proof of staves or Maxis Drone not being built

Sorry for the long post, didn't have any other way to show proof :P I have the whole gameplay on my CoD TV if anyone wants to make good and sure ;) (GT: The Twirp)

I realize 29 ain't exactly a high round, but I took shortcuts that caused me to go down (my second down was by two zombies I was saving at the end of the round...........), so I'll definitely be trying to get to a much higher round soon :lol:

I had a good laugh at your play by play, nice run! If you need any other challenges verified just add me gt boombyeyeah88, I don't mind running through your theater

• Administrators

No perks.

Version 1: no walls.

Version 2: take crystal/drop walls.

Is the sheild allowed and can you leave at any point?

I had a good laugh at your play by play, nice run! If you need any other challenges verified just add me gt boombyeyeah88, I don't mind running through your theater

Yeah, a bit overkill I know but it was actually kind of fun putting all that together, I don't know why :lol:

Also, completed the Bro Fist challenge by Round 9 (only two pictures this time!)

Ended with 164 kills, can post a scoreboard picture if needed

Gonna post the only pic I have of me packing on round 6...i was just about to do 50 solo on origins when I got signed out of Xbox live for no reason and it ended my game...round 24, no downs...2 ultimate staves...perfectly set up for a 50+ solo. My blood pressure is giving me a headache as I type this.

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/1623/27gz.jpg

Link to picture, I play on a crappy tv and took pic with my phone. It doesnt beat way's best but I feel it came close :)

• Administrators

Gonna post the only pic I have of me packing on round 6...i was just about to do 50 solo on origins when I got signed out of Xbox live for no reason and it ended my game...round 24, no downs...2 ultimate staves...perfectly set up for a 50+ solo. My blood pressure is giving me a headache as I type this.

Yesterday when the server went down? I was running solo on round 38 and got kicked. So yeah I'm taking a day off.

No perks.

Standard challenge: no walls.

Master challenge: take crystal/drop walls.

Is the sheild allowed and can you leave at any point?

Yes to shield, maxis drone, any dug up items that you can acquire by round 5. May only buy wall weapons in the crazy place.

No to leaving, perks, non-crazy place wall weapons. Obv no staves.

Tried my crazy place challenge without walls.

Fairly easy until the guns stop killing.

I died stupidly on 25: took shield (on back until 20?), maxis drone (it cleared round 16 by itself), Mauser (empty), m1216 (empty).

Bought: stg 44 and ak74 (fairly useless, at least Mauser gave better run speed).

Basically ran counter-clockwise loop which included red staff area, killed by red staff area (to know where drops would always be).

Zombie blood should be avoided as it scrambles the zombies that you had neatly pooled up.

Round 25. 807 kills. 384 head shots. 155k+ points (this is an interesting way to generate a lot of points).

Game won't show in theater, but 25 should be easily beatable anyway from what i just saw.

If you use this method and then choose to leave to do other stuff, be way of the mech guy waiting when you get out. I don't know if they stack up every 5 rounds or not, but when i went in the wind tunnel (different game than this) and later came out, he was waiting at the to for me. Maybe leaving through the lightning tunnel would be a better strategy.

Happy gaming!

Edit: the funny bit is that this is easier than the real game. This reminds me of when Buried came out: i built the buildables and used them to get to 32 without any credited kills, which put me on top of my friends leaderboards without much effort (i since did 64 and quit, running a circle around town instead). So if your having trouble getting past 20, (or 8, ha!) Try this to get to at least 20 with ease.

• Administrators

I just ran the Dig only challenge I had three upgraded guns and six perks on round nineteen. All set up for a high round run; and then went down like an idiot trying to get my 7th perk mound in the fire tunnel. Moral of the story: don't let greed get the best of you and always have an exit strategy. But hey, I still made the leaderboard. ;)

Tried my crazy place challenge without walls.

Fairly easy until the guns stop killing.

I died stupidly on 25: took shield (on back until 20?), maxis drone (it cleared round 16 by itself), Mauser (empty), m1216 (empty).

Bought: stg 44 and ak74 (fairly useless, at least Mauser gave better run speed).

Basically ran counter-clockwise loop which included red staff area, killed by red staff area (to know where drops would always be).

Zombie blood should be avoided as it scrambles the zombies that you had neatly pooled up.

Round 25. 807 kills. 384 head shots. 155k+ points (this is an interesting way to generate a lot of points).

Game won't show in theater, but 25 should be easily beatable anyway from what i just saw.

If you use this method and then choose to leave to do other stuff, be way of the mech guy waiting when you get out. I don't know if they stack up every 5 rounds or not, but when i went in the wind tunnel (different game than this) and later came out, he was waiting at the to for me. Maybe leaving through the lightning tunnel would be a better strategy.

Happy gaming!

Edit: the funny bit is that this is easier than the real game. This reminds me of when Buried came out: i built the buildables and used them to get to 32 without any credited kills, which put me on top of my friends leaderboards without much effort (i since did 64 and quit, running a circle around town instead). So if your having trouble getting past 20, (or 8, ha!) Try this to get to at least 20 with ease.

Good stuff let me get the whole thing in order, and I'll add it to the list.

Yesterday when the server went down? I was running solo on round 38 and got kicked. So yeah I'm taking a day off.

That's why I always play local is i'm going solo. Having the game end prematurely sets me off pretty bad.

Managed to PaP by round 6. I was extremely frustrated, as I possibly could have gotten one on round 4 (ROUND 4!), but got down by a zombie that snuck up behind me :( I got unbelievably lucky with the drops in that round 4 game, nearly constant double points as well as one or two end of the round nukes, one with double points, and digging up mauser ammo several times. Why did it have to be ruined? :cry:

Anywho, my sob story is over. Here is my round 6 proof, and I shall aim for 4 or 5 another day :D

Fast-a-Punch challenge

17480 points, 112 kills, 41 headshots.

Hey dudes, sorry for the double post, but I have beaten my Dig Weapons Only record :P

Got to Round 40 today, here is my proof (only 4 pictures this time, tried to cut back!):

Grabbing the DSR-50, and never letting go! Round 2

Using up the last little bit of ammo I had Round 40

Downing twice in a row and ending the game :( Round 40

Final Scoreboard: 2492 kills, 2 downs, 1 revive, 1082 headshots (thank you, Deadshot Daiquiri!)

No staves, no Maxis drone, no wall weapons.

ONLYUSEmeSHOVEL :lol:

I definitely want to try the dig challenge. I love digging up a dsr.

I assume that it's okay to use the start pistol, despite it not getting dug up?

Edit: How about a no-gun challenge? You want to be hard-core? No start pistol, no dug weapons, no wall weapons, no maxis mc.

Shield, knife, fists, drone, staves, grenades (semtex), all acceptable.

Standard challenge: build a staff if you can, get to 20+.

Master challenge: No staves. Get phd and use it in the crazy place. Get to 20+.