Time Inconsistencies?

JMDogg

While watching the trailer, you'll notice that Maxis looks very old. Too old, in fact, to not be a crippling old man in Black Ops 1 and 2.

You also see that there are Zombies while in the tomb (cough cough) that are wearing armor of the Knight's Templar.

Also in The Tomb are German soldiers holding what looks to be STG 44s. STGs were not around until World War 2 if I remember correctly.

The Robot makes no goddamn sense at all for this time period. It would have made more sense for it to be put in a TranZit 4 map.

Something else to notice is that the Zombies in The Tomb have bluish/ purple eyes, while the Zombies above ground have yellowish/ orange eyes.

Thoughts? Did I miss any other inconsistencies?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeo and Maxis both are oddballs in the age department... in Taks case, he fought in the battle of mukden (do I have that right?) in 1905, so he would be in his 30s minimum. He could pull off being like 57 later on, though. I've seen people around that age who have the same sort of aged face without grey hair.

In Maxis's case, he is an old fart to begin with. I'm interested to see how he plays out. The others I don't believe would time travel, but he could well be the only one (thus explaining why he might not be in the map).

As for the other inconsistencies... lol. Expect the eyes and maybe the robots to be answered, but weapons are always in inconsistent time periods in zombies. One explanation is that some of them could have been developed early by 935.

Maxis may be old, but that doesn't mean his wife is....wink wink.

It's the beard, man. Even when you're 80 you still get all the chicks, because dat beard.

LOL, but It's possible though. I mean he did have this idea that Sophia was attracted to him but could of been all in his head so naturally he had a thing for young girls.....Okay not that young, say in early 20's

It's the beard, man. Even when you're 80 you still get all the chicks, because dat beard.

LOL, but It's possible though. I mean he did have this idea that Sophia was attracted to him but could of been all in his head so naturally he had a thing for young girls.....Okay not that young, say in early 20's

Yeah yeah, early 20s makes sense.

Maxis is minimum 50 it looks like in the picture, unless his hair is blond. It's not unthinkable that he was a father in his 60s, but just seems so unlikely. And even if he was 50, he'd be 77 by 1945. That really seems a stretch to me in that era.

Richtofen criticized Maxis for wasting time with her. So it seems apparent that she did in fact like him back. We were never given an age for her. Most people just assume a young female secretary to be in her 20's. To be honest, that's how I've always imagined Sophia. I don't want to imagine her dating a really old man nor her to be a really old woman herself. : /

I feel like the Maxis Junior/Senior thing doesn't make sense in some ways. I mean, what would be the real purpose of a second Maxis? He'd just die right away and serve little purpose. In which case, they showed us a picture of an unimportant character versus one that has served a purpose almost since the beginning.

On the plus side, I've found the perfect actor for him if they ever made a movie

I'm seriously wondering if they based Maxis off Jeff Bridges in iron man... or Esbern in skyrim.

Alternate timelines explain the earlier dates for the German weapons, Maxis, and the Tunguska meteor. Now all we need is an explanation for the giant robot, the diesel drones, the air battle, how Samantha is the announcer, and how it makes any sense that this is where the story began.

I was talking to someone about this earlier and I realised the only inconsistency about Maxis is Samantha. I believe that Samantha is actually a Vryl-Ya so...

Also people are saying that maxis will be 80 or so in Der Riese. He's not alive in Der Riese though so he requires no age .

It's also completely plausable that Sophia and Samantha's Mother could fall for an older gentlemen. Especially Sophia, because she sees how passionate Maxis is about his work.

I was talking to someone about this earlier and I realised the only inconsistency about Maxis is Samantha. I believe that Samantha is actually a Vryl-Ya so...

Also people are saying that maxis will be 80 or so in Der Riese. He's not alive in Der Riese though so he requires no age .

It's also completely plausable that Sophia and Samantha's Mother could fall for an older gentlemen. Especially Sophia, because she sees how passionate Maxis is about his work.

He was alive a few months prior to Der Riese. So technically, he'd be liked 80 or 90 in Verruckt.

He was alive a few months prior to Der Riese. So technically, he'd be liked 80 or 90 in Verruckt.

Oh was he, I didn't know. Even still, I see no problem with this, he does sound relatively old in the radios and such. well to me at least.

Just because he is old don't mean the Plumbing is out of order...Think about it. We don't know who Samantha's mother is or how old she was when she gave Birth to her. Hell, we don't really know how exactly Old Samantha was when she entered the Pyramid.

Actually the CIA reported she was 6 to 10 at the time of the Pyramid in 1945.

-Now all we need is an explanation for the giant robot, the diesel drones, the air battle,how Samantha is the announcer-

I'm not sure if she is the Announcer. We can be dealing with a whole new one, if we were to follow the Trailer, the outbreak started when they breached the wall. The Knight/s have Blue/Purple Eyes.

So perhaps the Announcer is someone who stumbled on the site way before 935 did.

As for the Weapons like the MP40 and STG being in the Game way before their creation, I can only assume that these are Prototypes and not fully ready for Distribution.

Actually the CIA reported she was 6 to 10 at the time of the Pyramid in 1945.

That's interesting to know but not really helpful seeing as we don't know a thing about Samantha's mom.

Side Note: If your looking to replace the ??? on your sig. Might I suggest Templar's?