Hello again and A Question

Kinda just wanted to say hi to everyone again.

Also I did some research while we were all on hiatus waiting for the site.

I was over at PlayTheGameCentral. Really nice community too. But it seems their thinking is a little...skewered. Some members believe that Ben has all the correct answers and knows the storyline best. Now I have nothing against this but I want to hear what some of you may have to say.

I believe that there is an open storyline. It is open to the simplest of theories and the hardcore stuff no one ever thinks of.

What do you all think? Is it an open story or is there a set premise?

P.S. A quick shout out to Abel. Saw you at playthegame forums. Hope to see ya round :D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben is self idoled almost to the point of schrizafrinia....

He beleives whatever he says is fact and that anyone who does not agree to every last detail is an idiot...

He isn't that bright eather, talking down about the zombies storyline to the zombies comunity...

He says he knows things, but the fact of the mater is, he doesn't.... He had an inside guy for MOTD because he was apart of the campagin team that made the map... Anything he says that isn't about MOTD is his THEORY, GUESS, or opinion...

He also sees ANY type of attention as a good thing to him, so it's best just to leave him be and let his popularity die out quickly as possible, he did not earn it, he does not deserve it, but because he got map info, he is all of a sudden a zombies guru...

Some of his better moments:

I feel that juggernog is basicly cheating and makes the game too easy...

The zombies storyline is shit.... It's so shit I've stopped carring about it... (Then how do you know it's still shit?) But MOTD is essentially the best map we're going to get... Ever....

If you don't like shangri la... Its because you're shit at it.... (Fairly certain some round 50+ ers will testify that shangri la was not the best map)

So once again, just let him die... And I highly recommend you close this thread....

• Administrators

Let's avoid the discussion about anything Benn or PTG related. We've already seen enough criticism, and there should not be anymore on here. Focus on the second question, please.

I believe that everything is already set in stone. Treyarch has the concept already played out, but loves to throw a few curveballs based on the things we take notice on. You can create all the ideas and theories you want, but I can promise you that none of them may come to light until the far future. They love to inject a few minor details to toy with our heads that they find interesting. If the community constantly pushes for something (ex. return of the O3), then they will definitely taunt us with the possibility of such an event occurring later down the line.

It's like playing World at War back in 2010 and saying "gosh, they ought to make a prison map" and then see Alcatraz Island three years later as you tell everyone how you predicted it. You didn't foresee it coming because it was only a wild idea that just happened to be implemented.

I agree with Infest lithium in that the concept of any game has to be somewhat set in stone, that being said with any story (be it in a Book, Song, Movie, Videogame ect.) It is always up for interpretation in the motives and the intentions of the writers.

What I can see as a business plan is that they probably have the Beginning and Ending Drawn out and using community feedback they can fill in or change the gaps I.E map ideas, perks ect.

Oh, and hey AlphaOmega :)

Well, anyone who thinks they are undoubtedly 100% correct and impossible to be wrong is obviously in the wrong.

But that being said, I think of the story as being open-ended to interpretation. But at the end of the day, character A went from point 1 to point 2 to meet character B from time alpha to time beta. How that happened is up to our interpretation. But somewhere out there is a definitive answer of what happened. It's like science. Our job is to determine the truth. Theories emerge. Some are supported. Some discarded. New ones take the place of old ones sometimes. Some, like e=mc^2, stick around. The whole goal is to understand the Zombies universe, and that can't be done unless we understand that SOMETHING happened.

I believe it's both. Treyarch does have a good grasp on many things that are going to happen in the future of zombies, but a good portion of it is community based.

For example, the NAV cards. Since TranZit's fits into Die Rise's table, but not vice versa, this appears to be part of a larger easter egg that can be completed with future DLC. What will that be? We don't know, but we can guess that Treyarch does.

Recently, though, Vahn tweeted out asking what the fans wanted for the future of the "new crew". He retweeted three responses, all of which said "bring back the old characters". Treyarch seemed to be edging away from the story of the O4, but because of community demand we may see them return.

Another example is in the BO1 DLC. Because of the Golden Rod in CotD and the focusing stone in Shang, the team obviously knew that Richtofen had a plan. However, they decided during development of the last map pack to change the location from Paris to the Moon. I mean, that's kind of a big difference. Perfect example of how some details are set in stone, but others are interchangeable.

Pretty sure theyre making it up as they go. Wouldnt be hard, lots of room for interpretation...tons of places to leave things open for speculation. Write half a story and leave out parts so we fill them in with our own imaginations.

yea ive always thought they were making it up as they go, i dont think they have it all laid out.

I think that the biggest thing the Zombies team does with maps is:

-Find a good location relating to various conspiracies. (E.X. Area 51, the Moon, Shangri La, Der Riese.)

-Put clues in the maps relating to those conspiracies. (The Henge at Der Riese, A 51 teleporter.)

-Put more random conspiracies in, and push the idea that they may relate. (E.X. The Vril Ya and controlling the Zombies.)

-Give us objects that do something, but we don't know what yet. (Golden Rod, NAVcards.)

-Let us guess what all it means, take the most epic guesses, save them for future maps, and repeat.

I honestly think 3arc has some guidelines they go by that have been planned, but a lot of it is from us. They may know the Beginning, Climax, and Resolution of the zombies story, but we fill in the Rising and Falling Action.

I think that the biggest thing the Zombies team does with maps is:

-Find a good location relating to various conspiracies. (E.X. Area 51, the Moon, Shangri La, Der Riese.)

-Put clues in the maps relating to those conspiracies. (The Henge at Der Riese, A 51 teleporter.)

-Put more random conspiracies in, and push the idea that they may relate. (E.X. The Vril Ya and controlling the Zombies.)

-Give us objects that do something, but we don't know what yet. (Golden Rod, NAVcards.)

-Let us guess what all it means, take the most epic guesses, save them for future maps, and repeat.

I honestly think 3arc has some guidelines they go by that have been planned, but a lot of it is from us. They may know the Beginning, Climax, and Resolution of the zombies story, but we fill in the Rising and Falling Action.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TRUTH! i agree with ya man i bet they could even take thigns from our theories.