Why Alcatraz is happening :: Doctor Who :: ALL 100% FACT.

So, I've seen many theories on why the rift is here, and why the zombies are there.

So, I wanna tell you guys why the rift was created, and why the zombies are there... If it's anything the Doctor Who hasn't told me.

Doctor Who

In a Episode of Doctor Who, Rose Tylor went to visit her Dad in the past (Stay with me here!). But she asked to see the point where he Died.

Rose never met her dad, and for some bizarre reason this is the point she wanted to see her dad... ok.

Anyway, she watched him get ran over by a car, and he watched him die. She then said, let me see it again Doctor. So she hides out of sight and waits for her Dad to cross the road. (You following?)

When he started to cross the road, Rose jumped out and got her Dad out of the say of the moving car, letting him live.

(When shit hit the fan)

So now the rift is broken, because something that happened in time has been changed.

The Doctor can no longer use his time machine and they are trapped there.

Now, the car that was going to run over her Dad keeps on appearing and disappearing in the same spot each time, going round and round on a loop (you following?) and it doesn't stop.

Because the rift is broken, these creatures with red eyes appear, as they are there to fix the rift. They basically want to kill Rose Tylers Dad, because with him alive, shit is going down.

You know that these creatures are controlled by Satan as everyone has to run into the Church for safety, and because of this the creatures can not attack them.

Near the end of the episode, Rose's Dad runs out of the church and in front of the on-going loop of the car. He Dies in that spot. The creatures then disappear and they and the car keeps on driving.

-------------------------------------------------

Now, that may have mind-freaked you guys. But I will just say the basics.

1. Rose broke history.

2. Rift broke.

3. Creatures with red eyes come to fix it.

4. The car that was supposed to kill Rose's Dad, kept going on a loop.

5. The creatures were Satanic, and did not attack the church.

6. Rose's Dad jumped in-front of the car.

7. Shit got fixed.

^ That my friends is basically the exact same stuff that is happened on MOTD.

1. The 4 men re-wrote history because they killed the guard. Letting all 4 prisoners escape.

2. Rift broke.

3. Creatures with red eyes appeared in the prison to fix the problem.

4. The 4 men are now stuck in a loop until they fix the problem.

5. The creatures are Satanic, as we can see with many, many clues around the map.

6. 3 Members of the crew died, Al escaped.

7. History was re-written HOWEVER, the final out-come of the 3 men dying of electric chair still happened. So then stuff got fixed.

--------

How the story ends, is what matters.

Dr Who always says, time can be re-written. It's just the outcome that needs to stay the same. The story said that the 3 men, died of electric chair on New years eve. Which they did. However, since the rift was broke when they arrived dead on the bridge, History was the same, but then they could revive themselves. Then the 3 men still needed to die, however, Al could escape as that was only 1 little part of the story that he died, and that could be re-written, and it was.

So when Al and the Zombies (remember, they want to fix the rift. And at this point, killing the 3 men is the only way to do that, so they go for them and leave Al alone) kill the 3 men, the cycle is stopped, the rift is fixed and time keeps going.

Now, if you need me to explain that ^ lump of mess, I can. Just ask me!

But I hope this helps you guys!

~ Ryan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of it more like this:

What was supposed to happen:

-The escape plan was supposed to fail. Al would be murdered for this. However, he would not be sent to hell. He hadn't been that bad of a person.

-Sal, Finn, and Billy would be killed by Electric Chair and sent to Hell.

-Fergusson would survive to tell the story.

BUT, somehow, the outcome was altered. Someone had to go back in time and make the plan work by having Fergusson get murdered.

How it changed:

-As soon as Fergusson was murdered, shit hit the fan. The outcome was altered by him not living to tell his story, and Sal, Finn, and Billy not being sent to Hell. So, Fergusson's corpse is "Satanized" and he becomes a red eyed creature. Other red eyed creatures appear as well.

-Weasel still wouldn't be sent to hell. He was honestly sorry for his sins. So, Lucifer gave Weasel a purgatory of sorts. He allowed Weasel to keep his memory every time he died and was resurrected. He had the chance to make progress.

-Sal, Finn, and Billy, however, still were condemned to Hell. For this, their memories are wiped every time they die, making it hard to make progress.

How it's fixed:

-Once everyone is at the Golden Gate, Lucifer allows Weasel a chance to break their cycle and ultimately send Sal, Finn, and Billy to Hell. That's the reason we have this rift, and this honestly would benefit both Weasel and Lucifer. While the condemned 3 are evading the creatures, Weasel kills them, and the red eyed creatures disappear. The debt is paid. Satan now has the souls he needs. The reason Weasel was allowed to survive is because he didn't belong in Hell.

So, this leaves us with one final question. Who or what went back in time to alter the outcome of the original failed escape plan?

Ugh the bit int your post about the Doctor Who monsters was painful. Their eyes glowed GOLD, and the reason that they couldn't get into the church wasn't because they were satanic; they couldn't get into the church simply because it was an old building with a firm history. When Rose Tyler comes into physical contact with her infant self, the time paradox worsens, and the monster become powerful enough to get into the church.

/rant

Sorry, I just got into Doctor Who and literally watched that episode no more than 3 weeks ago

On the flip side, this is still a very intriguing way to look at it (whether the monsters/zombies be satanic or not).

I'm not sure how I feel about them having broken a rift in time though. It seems like there can only be 1 past and 1 present, but many futures. If the 4 killed the guard, it was merely 1 of those possible futures, and should have just become the real past. It was 'Fate' so to speak. I don't understand how any of their actions could have broken any sort of time rift, or changed what was supposed to happen...

• Administrators

I never did understand Doctor Who. Maybe it's because I'm not into those kind of things, but people in Southern California eat it up like it's cake (yes, that was an indirect insult to the types of people in my area). Thank you for simplifying the scenario for me, friendo. :)

It's a very interesting connection. I had a feeling this was definitely the case. MMX had mentioned in his Trilogy a few weeks ago that the cycle did begin when the M4 altered the history of their actions a.k.a. "kill" Ferguson.

I agree with bagel's explanation of allowing Al to live. It would make sense for everyone to die in order to mend the rift, but the problem lies in the crew constantly dying with an indifferent ending to their purgatory. Al was meant to live in order to break that cycle.

I agree with bagel also. One thing about going back in time, the rift is never mended. Even if the cycle is broken and Al survives, there is still a rift. We see it in the Die Rise opening scene, years after Alcatraz. And who helped Richtofen and the others develop the time machine, perhaps Al himself?

this is a great explanation of what is happenning on MoTD.... i believe that this is true and yeah i agree with you on the part that the only thing that can change is the outcome of the situation but everything stays the same....thats why in all my games where we did the EE i killed all the people as weasel or get weasel to kill all the people.....breaking the cycle is the only way!