More perk drops on MotD?!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that in the later rounds brutus drops a max ammo more often than anything else

So many times he spawned while we were out of ammo and had to kill him with claymores and tomahawks, and we were stoked because he would give us max ammo and the slaughter could continue

Funny... I've never had a single perk drop on MOTD... I've had drops but not perk drops....

:lol:

But yeah, I think it has either something to do with the coding of:

A: the drops in the cells,

B: the drops brutus drops

C: The fact you can't get drops on the bridge (other then the first)

D: doing bits of the Easter egg, such as spork, retriever, or plane steps may effect drops as well,

E: A radio drop must spawn once the codes are put in

Has anyone seen one zombie drop two drops? It's happened to me a couple of times.

Yeah, only once and it was two Max Ammos;

bPniPVuxv04

I've heard it has happened for people in other maps, even back in Black Ops... but I've also heard a lot of people saying it has happened in this map, which makes me think it is more common in MotD. It would make sense if the likelihood of drops was increased in this map in some way.

I've seen a power up inside another definitely in BO2 before, but I always assumed it was just from killing so many at once that two zombies would drop an item too close to each other. I can't even make sense of a zombie dropping two power ups :shock: . At least we know it's not a persistent upgrade.

I've seen a power up inside another definitely in BO2 before, but I always assumed it was just from killing so many at once that two zombies would drop an item too close to each other. I can't even make sense of a zombie dropping two power ups :shock: . At least we know it's not a persistent upgrade.

My guess is (as someone else said in another thread, I believe) that it's some kind of glitch in how the game calculates drop probability. Under certain circumstances it probably somehow increases drop probability to 200% or something. What those circumstances could be, however, is anyone's guess.

My guess is (as someone else said in another thread, I believe) that it's some kind of glitch in how the game calculates drop probability. Under certain circumstances it probably somehow increases drop probability to 200% or something. What those circumstances could be, however, is anyone's guess.

Think I figured the "Two drops from one zombie" issue out. From reading around, it seems the game calculates drops based on a behind-the-scenes point system (unrelated to your in-game points), BUT there's also a 2% chance of getting a drop at any time that is unrelated to that calculation. So I think what is happening is that you've reached the prerequisite amount of points needed to get a drop AND got lucky enough to get that 2% chance of a drop at the same time. Hence, both drops from a single zombie. The odds of it happening are pretty slim, but still possible (obviously).

Maybe that 2% drop chance was raised to 4 or 5% in Mob, which would not only increase your overall drop amounts, but the likelihood of getting two at once.