Scorestreaks ruin good games

Alright I'm not entirely against scorestreaks as they can be really fun but it's obvious that they ruin any competitive game. You have those people like me that just play for fun and when scorestreaks come....they come. But then you have those try-hards that go only for the scorestreak by camping means or whatever they need to do to get them. Then you get killed by their loadstar, vtol warship, and the swarm the entire game. We could have a close domination with a score of 150-150 and then the they activate their score streaks then it's GAME OVER. It really sucks the fun out of the multiplayer in my opinion. I'm not that good where I get high score streaks everygame, I'll tell ya, but it's very annoying when the so called "good" players get all their kills from scorestreaks. I understand they earned them but once they do there's no way to fight back and once you can, it's too late. Damn Call of Duty.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I understand your frustration, but point streaks/kill streaks have always been apart of COD. It's just a part of the game. I'd recommend you find another game to play if you dispise them this much lol. And is tere not a game mode where you can turn point streaks off? (I forget how hardcore works)

Hey, we could always go back to the MW2 days of having a Nuke end games 10 minutes early lol.

• Moderators

Yea I know it's always been a part of a CoD. I just come from FPS games where you actually had to win by shooting your gun at every player.

Those games are "boring" to most people though and/or are frustrating to them because such games actually require skill.

But I agree. Killstreaks should have never been introduced.

they should add a classic cod style gametype like in another cod i forget which one.....but they only had UAV, i guess it would be either stealth chopper or drone, and mortars but since there is none it would have to be lightning strike. so im guessing it would be 4-5 kills for UAV 6-8 for lightning and 10-12 for drone or stealth chopper cause they are kinda OP

Funny thing is they don't have to camp. I ran around with a shield and got 5 uavs in a row(only had uav) an only gotten 3 kills with the shield. I find it nice but a little over powered. I'll take the mw2 shield instead though for this reason.

Off topic: Funny thing when I come in a door with the shield a camper freaked out and chuck all his lethal and tact's. No effect since I had tact mask + flak. Then he gets out of his camping spot an run into my teammate. Are campers the afraid of the shield. I like the idea :twisted: .

On topic: Any way its not as bad as mw3 with special and support.

Yeah score streaks/kill streaks have gotten out control starting with MW2. It takes the emphasis away from gun on gun and promotes camping / less aggressive play.

I would prefer if they re-adopted the 3-5-7 streaks from cod 4. They were a nice balance to being benefiting you for good play but not to the extent that they can actually win games for you (which they can now).

Unfortunately, I dont think they can change back without confronting the ghost/assassin problem head on.

The only reason no one used uav jammer in cod 4 was because you lost stopping power.

If you want competitive play without the camping kill streakers all the time, play some league play. They banned all the uav type streaks and mostly people tend to run hellstorm/lighting/sentry gun. They can be useful to get the spawn you want or something similar but really won't be the reason you win or lose.

Yeah score streaks/kill streaks have gotten out control starting with MW2. It takes the emphasis away from gun on gun and promotes camping / less aggressive play.

I would prefer if they re-adopted the 3-5-7 streaks from cod 4. They were a nice balance to being benefiting you for good play but not to the extent that they can actually win games for you (which they can now).

Unfortunately, I dont think they can change back without confronting the ghost/assassin problem head on.

The only reason no one used uav jammer in cod 4 was because you lost stopping power.

If you want competitive play without the camping kill streakers all the time, play some league play. They banned all the uav type streaks and mostly people tend to run hellstorm/lighting/sentry gun. They can be useful to get the spawn you want or something similar but really won't be the reason you win or lose.

Yeah you are right playing league play. Plus you really don't have to level up form the beginning but worry about placement. I love the uav jammer + jammer equipment since it threw people off your trail. I wished they re-done or add a few new perks that would help with this crysis. I mean an ac130 and loadstar are digging into me but the swarm ticked my nerves. The swarm is to powerful as a nuke. I rather have the warship an dogs last then this score streak.

Funny thing is they don't have to camp. I ran around with a shield and got 5 uavs in a row(only had uav) an only gotten 3 kills with the shield. I find it nice but a little over powered. I'll take the mw2 shield instead though for this reason.

Lol, this reminded me of a video they added to the CoD Twitter page a couple days ago...

l_viuSZqJyo

+1

Am I the only one who remember barebones? I don't think it's in BOII though is it? It allowed you to play a straight-up game with only a primary gun. No equipment, perks, killstreaks, attachments, or secondaries. That seems like a good mode for OP.

That's what it's called! I think that was the mode I was thinking of earlier EJ. It would definitely be a perfect gamemode for the OP. I haven't played BO2 MP in around 3 months so I don't really recall, but I'm guessing they removed the mode?

Barebones sounds fun but not many would be on it for PC. There's so many different gamemodes that all the players are spread out leaving a little players in each one. (Except TDM of course) Treyarch needs to rethink what they're doing. Anyway back on the scorestreaks topic, I play and ignore it them. When they come I go "oh cool a scorestreak" but I don't play and make the scorestreak my primary goal to win. Unlike some players, it's ridiculous. lol

Haha I understand your frustration, but point streaks/kill streaks have always been apart of COD. It's just a part of the game. I'd recommend you find another game to play if you dispise them this much lol. And is tere not a game mode where you can turn point streaks off? (I forget how hardcore works)

Hey, we could always go back to the MW2 days of having a Nuke end games 10 minutes early lol.

idk if BO2 has this, but past cod games have usually had a "barebones" playlist, with either no scorestreaks, or set score streaks for everybody like UAV, care package, air strike or simething at 3,5,7 kills

point is though, regardless of tactics, if you get that much score without dying, you deserve the advantage of the score streak. if you dont want them ruining the game, kill them :)

Kill them? They hide back behind their team with the hardline perk so they get them even faster. I mean it only takes likes 7-10 kills in a row (or less depending on gamemode) for a good scorestreak. :roll: It's not difficult at all. I did this and go 3 orbital vsats, a vtol warships, loadstar, or whatever the shit that it's called. Easy win for us. :/

• 1 month later...

Yeah scorestreaks do tend to be problematic. I have adopted the following guidelines and I haven't been bothered by OP scorestreaks in quite a while now :D

1) I only play 'normal' pubs in a party. Usually at least 3 people (more for ground war). By normal I mean DOM/DEMO/HP/HQ/GW. Now at least we are raining down the op streaks and ruining everyones day. No more 20-5 and hear "enemy orbital VSAT incoming"!

2) If I'm alone or with one other. I pretty much stick to champions league or pubs SnD. Champions league is probably the best thing about this game and it's awesome to get put on teams with others who communicate and are also at the same skill level. The best part...This happens pretty much every game! The only downside is when teammates back out early. Even 3 on 4 is nearly impossible to win on this game (HP especially).

That being said if anyone wants to team up in league hit me up. I'm platinum but play (actually) solo almost 100% of the time. If I had two others to rank up with, I'm sure we could hit masters.

gt: baldage (xbox 360)