No love for Hardcore players?

Undead

As a Hardened edition owner, I'm sure I can speak for everyone else that purchased one when I say we got ripped off, but the one thing I've noticed thoughout the entire CoD series is the lack of modes in Hardcore, especially Blops 2.

I purely play Hardcore. Not only in the CoD series, but any game that offers such modes. In Blops 2, there's what? 4 modes? TDM, S&D, CTF and Kill Confirmed. Where's HQ or Domination? Where's HC Moshpit? CoD would be a lot more entertaining if there were equal choices for both modes. So the problem? I have Nuketown 2025 and have NEVER played it. (except or 2x weekend) Which, is another thing, where's my HC Nuketown 2025 playlist?

I've come to enjoy the CoD series multiplayer less and less with the miniscule amount of diversity for HC modes.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I agree with you on this one. I love Hardcore intensely, and it's a shame that Core receives a large quantity of modes yet we only have those four. The setup is simple - remove the HUD, decrease health/increase damage output, no radar w/o scorestreaks. Is it that difficult to manage the same for other modes?

Maybe Treyarch is really trying to limit the amount of modes to avoid workarounds in ranking up quicker. Looks like they didn't cover the rat hole on that one.

i agree as well, the clan i used to be in was all hardcore and i like HC mode a lot. i hate/loathe core games, shouldn't take that many bullets to kill a player. if i get first shot on you I should win.

HC kind of ruined me for core, a lot of the time i get the drop/first shot but never follow through and end up getting taken out lol.

Maybe Treyarch is really trying to limit the amount of modes to avoid workarounds in ranking up quicker. Looks like they didn't cover the rat hole on that one.

Only I problem I see with people doing that is using the tac insertions to boost. Wanna solve that problem? Take out the tac insertions. Those are nothing but a nuisance anyways.

Pshh... f*ck that. XD It bothers me to hold still for very long. I'm ALWAYS moving. Funny thing is most people automatically assume if the person WASN'T moving, they must have been camping. I like it when it has that tactical feel to it. Camping to me is when the person flatout sets up junk and doesn't even move, ever.

Pshh... f*ck that. XD It bothers me to hold still for very long. I'm ALWAYS moving. Funny thing is most people automatically assume if the person WASN'T moving, they must have been camping. I like it when it has that tactical feel to it. Camping to me is when the person flatout sets up junk and doesn't even move, ever.

I knew that would get to a true HC player :lol: .

I was joking of course. I'm not a HC player myself but have thought for a long time that hardcore players get shafted in COD. It always feels like an after thought to me, while the game feels built around core. This is the reason why I think you see horrible balancing issues in HC a lot of the time. They usually take their sweet time fixing these things too.

Lack of playlists is probably attributed to a smaller player base. Again I feel like sometimes they do things without thinking. No good reason to not include demo or dom.

I'm sorry that you are treated like a second class citizen but I doubt they will change anytime soon.

man do I hear you.

Hardcore is where it's at, I'm so glad they have HC Kill Confirmed - but I'd love domination, HQ, hell anything.

What it really comes down to is server space and money. I remember when Drop Zone* was yanked from the MW3 playlist, it took them a little while to get it back on because they literally had to create space. I'm not exactly sure how it works - but there are a finite amount of playlists. To add in one would be to take out another.

I also remember reading a Vahn quote in which he said that they would be monitoring which playlists received the most activity, and which didn't. Whether or not this will AMOUNT to any change is beyond me.

*speaking of Drop Zone, man I wish they'd add it in. Hardpoint is a'ight - but I miss the care packages, it was a really great concept. Also getting 20 points per second really helps ye olde scoree.

Seriously, all they have to do is add a Hardcore Moshpit. It shouldn't be that difficult.

And I agree, Drop Zone was boss. Getting mad killstreaks like no one's business.

well hopefully they will get rid of the nuketown moshpit playlist now that it's available for everyone. this will free up some space, and who knows? perhaps we'll get some sweet HC lovin'.

... I'd love some drop zone lovin' - but I doubt we'll see that until COD '13.

Speaking of which - did y'all hear the rumour that the next COD will be developed by Neversoft? If that's the case, maybe we will be able to play guitars and skateboard while shooting people.

Speaking of which - did y'all hear the rumour that the next COD will be developed by Neversoft? If that's the case, maybe we will be able to play guitars and skateboard while shooting people.

Cod multiplayer is pretty much on it's last leg, so it doesn't surprise me that they would be trying anything to keep the dollars rolling in.

They either need to recreate the excitement and quality that cod 4 created (which I don't see happening) or pack the shop up. Soon people will stop blindly giving activision their money for the same exact thing each year.

Sorry for going offtopic.

Sorry for going offtopic.

no apologies needed - I'm the one who brought us off topic! lol. but I'll see your "off topic" and raise you an "on topic" :mrgreen: :

They either need to recreate the excitement and quality that cod 4 created.

Remember how many hardcore game modes were in WaW? At least 6.

MOAR HAHHHD COOORR-AH!

I'm not sure what the whole deal is behind actually making servers and new game modes, but it would be nice if they at least did trial modes so often where they added a new mode for BOTH core and hardcore and see what the feedback is. If it's popular, it stays and so on. Because I know there are always at least one or two modes that are rarely used compared to the others.

I stay away from HC because it's a Camper's paradise and I have always been a Run & Gun player.

I loathe campers and will actively seek them out if I find one. Another great thing about Core is the kill cam, so if I am killed by a camper, his spot is immediately known to me and I can get the revenge medal.

Run & Gun is just where it's at. There's nothing more exhilirating than getting into a firefight, running around someone, lining them in your sights, waiting for them to turn and fire, then go prone and unload in their chest. Good luck getting that feeling camped inside some window with claymores or bettys behind you.

I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about when it comes to campers-galore. I play HC modes 100% of the time and while yes, they are more hesitant to run around constantly, they aren't always just setting up a tent and claiming that section of the map the entire time either. Not to mention, the maps are all structured to have more than one entry way to everywhere so camping doesn't really do a whole lot if that's all you plan on doing anyways. Also, when you are shot or killed even, the camera still automatically jerks towards the attacker, so if you pay attention, you'll know right where they are without knowing EXACTLY how they killed you from their POV.

Too true.

I'd go as far to say there are more campers in Core then there are in Hardcore.

I'm a run and gunner by trade, and that's why I love playing Hardcore - PEOPLE DO NOT EXPECT THE RUN AND GUNNER. The key is to move without fear, to take cover where ever you can, and to LEARN from your deaths/mistakes.

Undead was not lying about the camera jerking towards the direction of the enemy fire that brought you down. Use that to your advantage. If you can't CLEARLY see the enemy in the open - go by logic (i.e. "oh okay, he must have shot through that window")

If you are getting killed by someone camping, consider not traveling the same way you have been. Many people get into a "pack mentality" mode and stay with the group, go the ways they know. WRONG. Go the road less traveled. Be a lone wolf. Move. Camp a bit. Move. Camp a bit. The key is restraint, and a little bit of balls. Get a gun with Quick Draw and ADS often. Get used to ADS every time you go around a corner, it'll save your life.

Once you've found that you can "go the road less traveled", consider your enemy that is in the pack mentality. Consider the obvious spots. Press start to look at your map, are your teammates there? No? Well then it's the enemy.

You don't need a mini map, you don't need killcams, you don't need to get 5-9 hit markers - you just need to learn the damn map. People are habits of repetition, exploit that.

I find the best strategy to maximize kills and limit downs is a mobile camping strategy.

Don't run the whole map. Instead, just run between two buildings back and forth, find cover, engage your enemies when they come to you. It's kind of like being a spider. Build a web and wait for your prey to get entangled. Just patrol the small section of the map and when enemies approach, find good cover or a good ambush point and attack.

I don't worry about k/d, myself, so I like to run the whole map and have fun. I get agitated at campers because they just sit in one spot and ADS the whole match. That takes the fun out of running the whole map. The fun comes when you run around the corner and there's an enemy. The ensuing firefight becomes a battle of skill to out maneuver your enemy, be the quicker to draw, and/or have better accuracy.

I find that in close-quarters, hip fire usually always wins these fire fights, so the smarts to not ADS in such a fire fight wins. Also neat tricks are to go prone and make them miss. Perhaps it's safer to ADS around corners, but that takes the fun of a suprising encounter out of it, to me.

I find the best strategy to maximize kills and limit downs is a mobile camping strategy.

Don't run the whole map. Instead, just run between two buildings back and forth, find cover, engage your enemies when they come to you. It's kind of like being a spider. Build a web and wait for your prey to get entangled. Just patrol the small section of the map and when enemies approach, find good cover or a good ambush point and attack.

This is the true nature for HC. The only problem is how open the map is like Yeman, Raid, and only the middle part of downturn.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah Vahn said that Nuketown 2025 would be making it's way into playlists EVENTUALLY.

One can only hope that this means there will be some sort of playlist update, I'd love for them to put Drop Zone in (but I highly doubt they will), and I'd love for some more hardcore game modes.

It better be damn well soon... I techically had the map before most people and have hardly had the chance to play it. I'm also stubborn enough that I'm not going to change what I'm used to because they haven't bothered to open up the maps availablity to all modes yet...