The Voices - Stulinger - Theory

Blitz

Whats going on Fellow Zombie Conspiricists?

So, its taken me awhile and careful analysis on the voices we've been hearing in Stu's head. As many of you all know, we can clearly hear Ricky, when it comes to the EE portion of the voices.

Keep in mind the Intro Video and the EE voices are not the ones I am talking about. Its the random, garbled voices we hear while playing as Stu.

First off, many of the theories out there go on the lines of: "Oh, its just Richtofen because he's weak" or "Its the unidentified entity from the loading intro" or my favorite "STU'S BECOMING A ZOMBIE!!!!!!!!! OMG NO WAIZ!"

This theory has nothing to do with any of those.

People think the voices are completely random. They're not. The voices only trigger when you KILL A ZOMBIE.

People think the voices make no sense, not completely true. While most of it is completely garbled gibberish, there are a few words/phrases that stick out if you listen closely.

"Help..... me.... Heeellllpp me"

"Kill me.... Kiiilllll me"

".....Leave...."

"....Hell..."

"....Pain..."

"...Why?...Why?..."

"....the pain...."

"...evil...EVIL..."

There are also a few instances where I could hear other words, but couldn't make them out completely.

The fact that the quotes are not completely random and based off of what they say leads me to my theory.

:idea: THE ZOMBIES ARE COMMUNICATING WITH STULINGER! :idea:

All the facts point towards this:

1. Stulinger has 115 in his system, thus Richtofen can communicate with him.

2. Richtofen has control over the zombies due to the 115 within them.

3. Stulinger isn't dead so he has free will against Richtofen.

So, the supporting argument is.

Due to the fact that Zombies still have their "Souls" and souls are used to fuel the "Aether", when ever you are killing the zombies you are hearing their souls/thoughts being released on their journey too or entering Aether.

Aether is a wonderful place if you are inside, but now if you are being used to "Fuel" it. It could be eternal agony, thus the quotes of "Hell", "Help me", and "Kill me" are heard.

It is completely plausible that Stu hears the zombies, because if 115 is used to communicate between Richtofen -> Stulinger and Richtofen -> Zombies, then why couldn't Stu speak/listen to the zombies?

All just an idea.

Tell me what you all think.

Blitz out!

UPDATES:

So, as of right now, the only two time the voices can be heard is after one is killed and when they seem to be "Focusing" their thoughts.

Taklok will do more testing on the Zombie's thought Focus for confirmation.

I have confirmed that killing the zombies triggers the voices. I was running a train of 4 for a few minutes, then killed them slowly one by one.

-When I killed them they were Headshots, haven't tried it with body shots yet. Maybe Headshots may have something to do with it also.- Update: Body Shots Trigger the Voices also. - Knifing/Galvakuckles triggers the voices. -

No voices when they were chasing me but 2 of the 4 triggered the voices after being killed.

-Also, the "Jumping-Jacks" triggered the voices upon killing them with the Trample Steam during the "Boss Round"-

All my research on the voices has been done in Solo, so there isn't any external influences. By the way, its a pain to get Stu as your character, I had to restart 7 times to get him. :lol:

-Anything Edited/Updated will be Noted in Blue-

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice theory. I don't think the part about the voices triggering ONLY when a zombie is killed is right though. I think it's safe to say the voices don't happen when the are zombies around. At least for me, that has been the case. Here is something I HAVE observed though.

Everyone know the animations zombies have where they hold their head, as if they have a headache? I noticed a zombie going through this animation AS one of the voices was triggered.

Just something interesting I thought I should add.

Nice theory. I don't think the part about the voices triggering ONLY when a zombie is killed is right though. I think it's safe to say the voices don't happen when the are zombies around. At least for me, that has been the case. Here is something I HAVE observed though.

Everyone know the animations zombies have where they hold their head, as if they have a headache? I noticed a zombie going through this animation AS one of the voices was triggered.

Just something interesting I thought I should add.

Appreciate your input! :D

I have to also noticed them grabbing towards their heads, mainly when they are behind the barricades.

Although, I have never noticed the voices other than when I kill one. I will definitely keep my ears open and see if I notice that too.

-Were you playing solo or co-op when you heard the voices during the other instances?-

That instance when I first noticed it was in co-op, but there were only two zombies, both being held behind the barricades by me. I can investigate this a bit more later today/ this week though.

So, as of right now, the only two time the voices can be heard is after one is killed and when they seem to be "Focusing" their thoughts.

I have confirmed that killing the zombies triggers the voices. I was running a train of 4 for a few minutes, then killed them slowly one by one.

-When I killed them they were Headshots, haven't tried it with body shots yet. Maybe Headshots may have something to do with it also.-

No voices when they were chasing me but 2 of the 4 triggered the voices after being killed.

-Also, the "Jumping-Jacks" triggered the voices upon killing them with the Trample Steam during the "Boss Round"-

All my research on the voices has been done in Solo, so there isn't any external influences. By the way, its a pain to get Stu as your character, I had to restart 7 times to get him. :lol:

Interesting. I'm honestly surprised and a bit disappointed of all of CoDZ for not actually looking into what triggers this in detail before now.

I was surprised also. I looked for anything relating to this, and all I found were theories of what they were. Now, maybe if someone before me figured out what triggered them, then we may have found out the mystery way before now.

I think I'm going to cry. We may have a story breaking theory here, but all people seem to care about now is what weapons the best, why isn't this glitch fixed, or my favorite "Where do you use the Sliquifier?"

Can't figure out the story without a discussion, come on guys! Help me out here!

I need more instances, but I am fairly sure the voices always mutter the same groans just before the jumper rounds.

I started to figure this, and it happened the next two times that they came. However, need more empirical evidence.

Edit: this has not held up under scrutiny. It was just coincidence.

• Administrators

What may even further bolster this theory is that you only hear the voices when zombies are around. If you are playing with other players in you're in a separate building (as Stuhlinger) from the last zombie, you will not hear any of these noises. But the fact that killing zombies triggers the voices is very, very intriguing.

Is it to say that Samuel has some connection with the zombies? Like you said, their souls are released upon killing them (since they are nothing but a ghost in a shell). The 115 may have to do more with this since none of the other three survivors are experiencing the same conditions, yet we have come to the conclusion that Stuhlinger was an integral part of The Flesh cult.

Could he be slowly becoming a zombie? Possibly. Could he control the zombies in the future with this newfound connection? Possibly. All we know now is that he is experiencing a connection unlike Richtofen, who actually heard strange voices telling him what to do in order to come into the Aether and control the zombies.

Good research and experiment here, friendo! You may have just set the puzzle pieces on the table.

Fine work here.

Could also be a case of Samuel hearing Richtofen when in close contact to zombies, because they are being controlled by him, and with Stulinger being infected with 115, due to having either ate zombies due to hunger, and lack of food in the world, or having previously been a zombie, as some have suggested, then it gives him the ability to hear Richtofen through them.

Interesting find.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is what I have been looking for for days. I even looked on youtube and found only 2 videos about this topic :x (cant provide links because I'm on Xbox). Some people think that one of the quotes is "I....cant...BREATHE", hinting that the next map is somewhere where there is a shortage or lack of oxygen; i.e. Moon or an underwater-map. I think that if we can decipher what the voices are saying we may be able to see what's next to come. As far as triggering the voices I think they come at random times. I just started solo with Stu and I heard the voices with my starting 500 points. Keep it up guys this topic is all that I will focus on for now :)

I feel like the garbled voice we hear in the Intro of Die Rise is in fact Richtophen because right before we hear him scream, "Accept your fate, begin anew," you can hear the voice say something that sounds like that right before Richtophen says it. But Stu also admits that he hears at least two voices and I still don't know what or who the other voice belongs to...

IDEA! IDEA!

Okay, so, we know Richtofen heard voices. We know (according to the radios on moon) that he started hearing them after he touched the Vril Device (The Pyramid).

So, he had this connection to the aether, the voices of the zombies telling him what to do to gain control. Little did the souls of the aether realize how much of a psycho Richtofen really is. They wanted him in control, but regretted it almost instantly.

Now, Samuel, because he ate 115 infused flesh (or whatever happened), can hear Richtofen and apparently, the voices of the zombies souls being tortured (not on purpose) by Richtofen's caustic presence.

Remember that the zombies sometimes cry out, "Sam!"? Well, we know that this was because the zombies were being controlled by Samantha. But now they're not.

And they're still crying, "Sam!"

Maybe they're begging for someone else to control them. Give them relief. Someone else who can hear them. Samuel.

Comment with your thoughts!

• Administrators

It's not a bad window to look from actually. I don't necessarily think that zombies were talking to Richtofen prior to him being in the Aether, but rather the dark entity that resides within the MPD. This sinister force desired for him to enter the Aether mainly as a puppet. With Richtofen in control, this entity can use him to their advantage.

For was reasons or evidence found, I wouldn't know. All that we know is that a dark entity lies inside the MPD according to Samantha's quote on Moon. This could be the same voice that communicates with Stuhlinger throughout the game (not intro). If not, it could just simply be the anguish of zombies as they are killed off during the match.

• Administrators

With me I tend to also hear the voices when I am on my own on a 4 player game. Eg when I play I go straight for an94 after first door but everyone else goes to trample steam. I almost always hear them then. Sorry if this goes against everything you've been saying.

It doesn't really go against anything that has been said. When you play as Samuel, you're the only one who can hear those voices. When zombies are killed off, you'll hear the moans and cries more and more. Some have even said that just being around a zombie can have the same effect.

Excellent job on putting this all together guys. The only thing that bugs me about this is that whenever you start a game in Great Leap Forward, regardless of what you do, you will hear the voices go off shortly after Maxis finished speaking. Anytime after that I hear it while killing zombies. I just tested it on Easy and Original, twice for both, and heard it every time. I avoided the zombies, didn't get swiped, didn't fire my weapon, didn't buy anything, didn't sprint, crouch, go to prone, nothing except walk around. I waited a minute after that to see if it would come back, but it didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys we are not concerned about what will happen to samuel. The real question is WHO is the voice belonging to, WHAT is he/she warning Samuel about, WHERE is the voice coming from, and WHY/HOW is the voice bothering Stu other than other playable/nonplayable characters infected by 115 :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I like Edward but I refuse to belive that he is capable of overpowering a top demon that made him piss his pants upon their 1st encounter during the 1st human teleportation. Though time will tell :).

Now my recent idea goes something like this: IF, AND ONLY IF the avagadro = afterlife and maxis really captured the essence of that poor soul, THEN maybe the soul of the avagadro is what we are hearing crying for help in die rise. Question is who is the avagadro? Is it the Weasel :o ? He liiiiied......HE LIIIEEEEED!!!

Treyarch needs to mend the rift between this story of theirs....