My 3 step guide to surviving in Co-op

NinjaNick

This guide was made by me and The Envy clan

1. Plan where you are going.

If you and your teamates are playing tell them where to go and what you think you should do, otherwise you will fail.

2. Location,location,location

Think of names for places so if you are separated they will know where you are to go help.

3. ALWAYS STAY TOGETHER!

You don't want to know how many times we have failed because we all went seperate ways, never go somewhere alone!

That is my simple 3 step guide, hope you enjoyed!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if your all together on round 40 what do you do? camp? run 4 trains in one area?

it is inevitable in later rounds you will have to split up to survive.

in die rise though, when moving about the map, it is a good idea to travel in 2's in case someone misses a jump or something.

I stick with my teammates at times but sticking together at high rounds will most times get you killed. Training zombies solo in one area while your teammates try to do the same in another is the best way to get to high rounds.

Traditionally, this is usually the safest way of hitting high rounds. This will also slow down spawns though. So quicker (hence more dangerous) is to both train in the same area as long as it's big enough. An example would be both training in front of the lighthouse in COTD. Or sharing the stage in Kino. (I wouldn't really put the biodome in here as it's big enough for 8 players to train at the same time :lol: )

In TranZit and Die Rise, if you are going to split up you really need to either be in range of reviving your teammate (and I would suggest having a revive plan in place) or be good at utilizing the special self-revive perk (tombstone or who's who). TranZit kind of sucks for this as it puts all the pressure on the surviving teammate to clutch the round, the alternative of having to re-perk isn't that great either.

Another way of surviving high rounds in the same area as your teammate would be to use the color ranking to your advantage. If white is running a train blue can usually camp a corner (as long as it's not near a spawn point) with little to no zombies interference.

This is pretty safe and fast as blue helps kill the spawn quicker and is there for reviving if white gets downed.

My tranzit plan, if i could find 3 more players, always centers around tunnel. and emps and/or monkeys are a must have. two people can be in tunnel, one at diner and one at bus depot. this can be done with 3 people or 2 people also.

with 4 people the two people in tunnel have one on each side, the tunnel is kind of symmetrical, and if a guy goes down in tunnel the other can revive him. If a guy goes down in bus depot the guy in tunnel closest can revive him. I'm about 95% positive this can be done but haven't done it on that side. I am 100% sure that you can race from the m16 all the way to diner and revive the guy as long as you leave as soon as he goes down. the emp is better because it can be cooked and thrown faster but monkeys are still good.

and on die rise, two people can be in buddha room (with one guy sitting up top and the guy on bottom running trains) and one in the original box and one in the hole in the ceiling area.

I reached round 48 with 2 random guys on a public match. How? By splitting up. After the first few rounds, one of us went to the Buddha room, another ran a train in the MP5 floor (I think) and I ran the China Cafe room.

Splitting up and running trains > sitting in a corner together. Every single time.

The best spot to run a train near a buddy is the room with a hole in the floor (upside down building) and the room underneath it, most likely. I've tried it before with some success.

In the end, your best bet is to split up. Camping in a spot only lasts so long because (1) the zombies become too strong to kill as fast as they spawn and (2) you run out of ammo faster if you don't take them out in groups. Not to mention you're more likely to all go down at the same time if you're all in the same place. I've seen this happen so many times with random people and I'm usually the last one left because I rarely decide to sit in the corner camping. I get out of there and run trains even if I get less kills than they do.

When hybrid camping/kiting, remember this: zombies love the host the most. They will run past others to get the host, if split up, host sees the most action usually, depending on certain load areas.

So make sure that a great kiter is host.