Wobbling PaP - Shared Mountain Theory (NML & Shangri-La)

GRILL

• Administrators

Hm, good find bagel!

But what catches me off guard is the reason why the Pack-a-Punch machine doesn't wobble in Town Survival. Everything is standstill; yet you say that it should wobble? I know that in Tranzit, the machine itself lights up from being charged with some much electricity and it does a little shake animation. That's a good indicator how that particular Pack-a-Punch machine goes into motion.

The problem is, we don't have that same reason for No Man's Land. Upon starting the match, it wobbles as if it just got there the same time that we did. Electricity has already been there, so it's not like it magically turned on when we arrived.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good theory, but every pap wobbles when the power is turned on. If you don't believe me play town or tranzit and turn the power on standing next to pap or look at pack a punch when town starts. It you can emp pack a punch and wait for it to turn on. Great theory, but pap always wobbles

It's a good theory, but every pap wobbles when the power is turned on. If you don't believe me play town or tranzit and turn the power on standing next to pap or look at pack a punch when town starts. It you can emp pack a punch and wait for it to turn on. Great theory, but pap always wobbles

Even if what you are saying is true, I know for a fact Der Riese's Pack-A-Punch does not. Just wanted to mention that.

Are you sure? Every PaP before Black Ops II, barring Der Riese and Moon, was not seen close up until later in the game. There would be no way of telling if the other machines would wobble when the player spawned.

The machine in Town could wobble because it's on flowing lava, and the one in TranZit could wobble because it was just built, or because it wasn't professionally built. Moon's, however, doesn't fit any of those reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Although this is a very good theory there are many problems holding this theory down. For one. How could an entire mountain range, jungle and constant water source be simply "moved" from one location to another. It's just not possible. Yes I understand that the storyline is full of rule breaking of physics but you simply can not move an entire mountain range without there being problems. And yes I say mountain range because its not just one mountain. It's many. Secondly the river/reservoir . How is it still flowing after it has been moved away from its original water source. And then there is our trapped friends Brock and Gary. The radio logs state that they have traversed miles through dense jungle to reach the temple. How could the jungle around Shangri La be moved. It's hundreds if not thousands of square miles big. My last argument is that of the zombies themselves. How would they move the entire mountain range, jungle, river, and temple without being attacked by the zombies that inhabit the dark tunnels in Shangri La. This theory seems very far fetched as there are just to many problems with it. Don't get me wrong it's a great idea. It's just impossible.

haha thanks Experience, it's always good to get feedback. If you take a look at page 1, you'll see that myself and MMX had some very in-depth discussions regarding how possible this all is. Many of the things you touched on were included in our conversations.

My last argument is that of the zombies themselves. How would they move the entire mountain range, jungle, river, and temple without being attacked by the zombies that inhabit the dark tunnels in Shangri La.

The zombies are being controlled by Samantha, who is exclusively sending them after Richtofen. The history of the COD Zombie's version of Shangri-La is still up to debate IMO - but this is how I sum it up:

- Shangri-La is connected to the hollow earth theory, and the civilization of the Vrill-ya. It is located in Central West Asia.

- the Vrill-ya and the people of Shangri-La lived alongside each other. The villagers mined unradiated 115 for the Vrill-Ya, and the Vrill-Ya in turn gave the villagers enlightenment, along with positive attributes associated with unradiated 115.

- Once all the 115 was mined, the site was to be completely moved. The Vrill-Ya used their technology to make the Shangri-La temple and surrounding area somewhat of a flying Vimana, it was always meant to travel through time & space.

- Richtofen & Maxis completed the first truly working teleporter (and by truly working, I mean - it could teleport someone farther then behind the next wall). Richtofen was the test subject, and he was teleported from Der Riese all the way to the cavern under what would be Griffen station on the moon (there was oxygen somehow stored in the cavern).

- This is the same cavern that housed the MPD, and upon touching the pyramid - Richtofen would never be the same. It bestowed another presence into his brain, an alien, demonic presence. This presence knew exactly where it needed to go, and what it needed to do.

- Possessed Richtofen (as he is from now) then was able to use the MPD to transport himself to Shangri-La, and this is where my own interpretation starts to really kick in. The entity inside of Richtofen is basically related to the Vrill-Ya somehow. Whether it was an exiled member of their community, or just perhaps just an alien with a common lineage - EITHER WAY, it wants revenge. It visited Shangri-La to essentially tell all the other Vrill-Ya that they are doomed, and he'll be coming back with an army.

- Several days later, Richtofen strolls back into Der Riese as if nothing happened. From here, there is no radio catalogued evidence that Richtofen returned to Shangri-La - but for the sake of this theory, he did return with 115 weapons and completely eradicated the Vrill-Ya. He then enslaved the villager workforce, and upon forcing them to keep mining 115 - he also had them radiate it (which in turn is what led to them all dying out). Unradiated 115 = potential positive properties, radiated 115 = more powerful but cancerous.

*this is when my theory happens*

So, the zombies aren't there until the 04 was there. Which would make Shangri-La perfectly explorable until the O4 were teleported there, and Sam started re-animating the corpses.

haha thanks Experience, it's always good to get feedback. If you take a look at page 1, you'll see that myself and MMX had some very in-depth discussions regarding how possible this all is. Many of the things you touched on were included in our conversations.

My last argument is that of the zombies themselves. How would they move the entire mountain range, jungle, river, and temple without being attacked by the zombies that inhabit the dark tunnels in Shangri La.

The zombies are being controlled by Samantha, who is exclusively sending them after Richtofen. The history of the COD Zombie's version of Shangri-La is still up to debate IMO - but this is how I sum it up:

- Shangri-La is connected to the hollow earth theory, and the civilization of the Vrill-ya. It is located in Central West Asia.

- the Vrill-ya and the people of Shangri-La lived alongside each other. The villagers mined unradiated 115 for the Vrill-Ya, and the Vrill-Ya in turn gave the villagers enlightenment, along with positive attributes associated with unradiated 115.

- Once all the 115 was mined, the site was to be completely moved. The Vrill-Ya used their technology to make the Shangri-La temple and surrounding area somewhat of a flying Vimana, it was always meant to travel through time & space.

- Richtofen & Maxis completed the first truly working teleporter (and by truly working, I mean - it could teleport someone farther then behind the next wall). Richtofen was the test subject, and he was teleported from Der Riese all the way to the cavern under what would be Griffen station on the moon (there was oxygen somehow stored in the cavern).

- This is the same cavern that housed the MPD, and upon touching the pyramid - Richtofen would never be the same. It bestowed another presence into his brain, an alien, demonic presence. This presence knew exactly where it needed to go, and what it needed to do.

- Possessed Richtofen (as he is from now) then was able to use the MPD to transport himself to Shangri-La, and this is where my own interpretation starts to really kick in. The entity inside of Richtofen is basically related to the Vrill-Ya somehow. Whether it was an exiled member of their community, or just perhaps just an alien with a common lineage - EITHER WAY, it wants revenge. It visited Shangri-La to essentially tell all the other Vrill-Ya that they are doomed, and he'll be coming back with an army.

- Several days later, Richtofen strolls back into Der Riese as if nothing happened. From here, there is no radio catalogued evidence that Richtofen returned to Shangri-La - but for the sake of this theory, he did return with 115 weapons and completely eradicated the Vrill-Ya. He then enslaved the villager workforce, and upon forcing them to keep mining 115 - he also had them radiate it (which in turn is what led to them all dying out). Unradiated 115 = potential positive properties, radiated 115 = more powerful but cancerous.

*this is when my theory happens*

So, the zombies aren't there until the 04 was there. Which would make Shangri-La perfectly explorable until the O4 were teleported there, and Sam started re-animating the corpses.

Hmmm. You make a strong argument but I'm still not entirely convinced that Shangri La was moved to Nevada. I believe it is located in the Himalayas. Maybe the O4 found an abandoned MDT and used it to teleport to the Nevada base in NML. I assume Richthofen knew about the MDT at Groome Lake and knew it would take him to the Moon. Good work anyway on this thread. You brought up some interesting ideas. :D

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I definitely believe there is something false about the Shangri-La we play in. Between the Satanic insignias and Brock specifically saying the "architecture is NOT what [he] had expected" and it being an "interpretation of" something he didn't mention.

• 6 months later...