Der Riese is still the best map

Hello everyone,this should have probably gone in the classic map section but i wanted as many to see it as possible.I own a ps3 and have all bo1 and classic(not waw)maps as well as all bo2 maps with the exception of die rise and well i love all zombies i would have to say that the infamous Der Riese is STILL the best zombies map.Why do i think this?well here are my reasons.

*It was The first map to have teleporters

*First major easter egg

*massive amounts of easter eggs

*big but not to big and zombies dont respawn mid round if ur far from them

*dog rounds

*original 4 so no perk debate except possibly mule kick vs double tap

*great wall weapons theres the stg,thomson,double barrel,betties,type 100,fg42,etc.

*bowie knife

*mid round dogs

*pack a punch is not to dificult to access and stays open(unlike shangri-la)

*original 4

*monkey bombs in waw and blops

*wunderwaffe

*the catwalk

*droping through to the tunnel

*good traps

*no annoying gimmicks

*overall very fun map to play,not to hard not to easy but chaotic

Now what do you all think? :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bo version was fairly bad.

If we were talking waw, I could understand.

Der Riese will always be fondly remembered.

While playing Die Rise, for the first time since waw, it had that zombie feel with 4 people holding an area down, something that rarely happened in bo maps.

I liked the bo zombies (besides the meh reprints and moon), but they didn't feel like the waw maps.

Tranzit is like a bigger shi, and Die Rise gives me that Der Riese feeling.

WaW version hands down.

Considering you only have the BO1 version classic maps, you missed the PPSH.

Possibly my favourite gun in all of Zombies. Give me Mustang & Sally coupled with a PPSH, those were fun games. Though you could swap out the M&S for a DG2/3 or a Ray Gun.

Such a beast of a gun, if I pulled it out of the box in my first few spins, I knew I was in for a good game.

Why the didn't include it in the Classic Maps pack is beyond me?

Plus all the mysteries of Der Riese, a storyline haven. So many things to make you wonder what was going on. And what have we go it BO2? Nothing.... No hidden story at all.

WaW version hands down.

Agreed. There's nothing better than upgrading the PPSH into The Reaper, buying double tap, spraying into a horde of zombies on the catwalk, and completely freezing your console because it can't handle the fire rate.

Good times.

WaW version hands down.

Possibly my favourite gun in all of Zombies. Give me Mustang & Sally coupled with a PPSH, those were fun games. Though you could swap out the M&S for a DG2/3 or a Ray Gun.

Such a beast of a gun, if I pulled it out of the box in my first few spins, I knew I was in for a good game.

Why the didn't include it in the Classic Maps pack is beyond me?

Plus all the mysteries of Der Riese, a storyline haven. So many things to make you wonder what was going on. And what have we go it BO2? Nothing.... No hidden story at all.

No m+s, just 'the holy pistol' remember?

And if you papd it with no other gun it gave you a free 1911.

Ah, good times camping the flytrap hallway until 30+ and then doing a tp dash because we weren't good at running 4 trains at once. Man, that was the stuff.

I think Die Rise is the best zombie map so far.

New bosses which are actually somewhat challenging, the map encourages team work but gives a perk for when playing with randoms.

Best wonder weapon ever created, DT2 and PDW.

Both an easy kiting area for solo and some fairly challenging but very exciting ones.

Moving elevators require some careful planning for perk runs, but who's who negates the need for this somewhat.

More buildables but actually in places that don't requires hours or running around to get.

Sure it's a bit glitchy, but the patches should solve most of these problems eventually.

Can't get enough of Die Rise. Kino used to be my favourite, but this has surely taken it's place now.

I loved Der Riese! (although I've never player Ascension, COTD & Shangri-La) Was one of my favorites, as others have said it had a good mix in difficulty which I liked a lot. It also introduced a lot of new concepts within zombies (such as the teles) & overall was a great layout.

Personally I'm looking forward to Die Rise next week, hoping it is what I want from this map, just tough and gives a real survival concept to zombies unlike many of the other maps IMO...

WaW version hands down.

No m+s, just 'the holy pistol' remember?

And if you papd it with no other gun it gave you a free 1911.

Ah, good times camping the flytrap hallway until 30+ and then doing a tp dash because we weren't good at running 4 trains at once. Man, that was the stuff.

Argh, it had been a few years since I'd played WaW Der Riese. I derped out there. So I fired up both WaW & BO1 versions tonight to take some screenshots. First thing I did was PaP the Colt M1911. I forgot, it's only a single gun PaP'd, not a dual wield.

The Colt M1911 turns into the C-3000 b1at-ch35 (b*atches) & I start shooting 'nades. You had me worried 83457 as I thought I had lost too many brain cells in the last few years :lol:

So next thing was to hit the box & what do you know, I get the Browning (which I forgot to mention in my first post) first spin. So i sit on the cat walk & didnt move until i ran out of ammo. Back to the box I go, trying to get the sniper for my screenshots. After a few spins, up pops the DG2. Grouped some hoardes, then shoot with the DG2, now I'm just reminiscing.

I'm still trying to get the sniper, typical, can never get the gun I want yet I always get a sniper when I don't want to. Then, up comes the PPSH! Oh Boy! So it's back to the catwalk where I don't move for another few rounds & keep getting max ammos which keeps me going for a while. Just standing there, lining them up for headshots. Points Galore.

Then it's time to PaP this baby. I forgot that it was called 'The Reaper' so thanks for saying that 83457. Back to the catwalk again. Man, the sound of that thing PaP'd & using a full clip at once, I didn't even have Double Tap & it just eats the bullets.

I had so much fun playing Der Riese again, even though i was messing around just trying to get enough points to hit the box & get a sniper for some screenshots. It turned into a 26 round game in about 40 mins. This is what I really liked about WaW Der Riese, all the Perk machines are there without having to get lucky with where they spawn (SNN) & you can have a real quick fun game. The Introduction of the Pack-a-Punch was one of the coolest additions to Zombies, once again - Der Riese.

Camping on the catwalk is not how I used to play it, but it was so much fun using 'The Reaper' & the C-3000 biatches until I went down when a zombie kept hitting me even though I threw a monkey about 5 seconds before. It was that much fun I only had Jugg & Speed Cola for perks & 45000 points unspent.

I first got right into Zombies when Shi No Numa came out & made a couple of mid 30 rounds there, I suppose that was my Zombie Schooling, so Der Riese wasn't the first map I ever played. I just like the quick, fast & relatively easy set-up games, kind of like BO2 Town Survival. COTD is another of my favourites for that reason aswell. Die Rise is definatly one of these typical fun, fast yet challenging maps too.

To the OP, you should buy WaW just for the Original Guns that weren't included in BO1. Sorry about the monster post but I had a freaking fun time tonight playing Der Riese.