Your favorite maps

We have so many zombie maps, and it seems that each map brings something new to the table, something interesting, a new staple and a favorite, or something that the players absolutely hate, and makes them turn away from that map. We all got our favorites, one way or another, so post here which ones are your best ever zombie maps, and why. I couldn't see another topic like this one, so here it goes:

Here are mine

5th place-Kino der toten(call of duty:black ops)

This was a mind blow to me and to many WAW veterans at the time, and the very reason i bought BO in the first(along with FIVE). It transitioned you into a familiar setting, everything from der riese was there, while completely redoing the weapon system, and making the map more open then ever. It was included with the game, so everybody who bought black ops could play it at no extra charge. It is still the most played BO map today, owing mostly to that, but also to it's high replayability value.

4) Shi no Numa(call of duty world at war zombies ios)

It may seem strange that a mobile zombies map is here, but since 2009 it was my only zombies game, so i only had those 4 first map to play for 2 years until moon came out and i got BO with all zombie maps. Shi no numa was one of my favourites, sure you could go higher on der riese with the pack a punch, but it gets boring after a while. What i love about shi no numa is it's always diffrent. A small feature like making all perks appear at random is enough to keep a zombie map a while longer. Also, it combined the best of 2 generations of zombies, which made me love it even more. Nothing but mystery box weapons, which make later rounds a pain, a good one, but with perks, traps, a wunderwaffle and new:hellhounds. SNN being the most open of four also made it an instant classic for me. And i can play it anywhere, anytime.

3) Nuketown(call of duty:black ops II)

Nuketown was my new kino. We all remember the hype before tranzit became ours, and when we finally got BOII, we played zombies hyped as hell. I played lots of moon beforehand, to get a feel for the further story, and replayed all maps in order to further it up. Exit moon, enter nuketown. Athmosphere killed me. I played this before green run, and i made a right choice. I got instant feeling unlike any other when playing zombies. All other maps took place on already destroyed sites, with us doing the "clean up job". Nuketown was the shit hitting the fan: nukes being used all over the earth to keep the zombie menace at bay, agents in hazmat suits trying to desperately eliminate all hostiles not knowing what they are dealing with, agents that have fallen killed again, and all of this on a favorite mp map from BO. It created an image what the last minutes of planet earth as we know it looked like, knowing what will happen at game over from the voice from the tv. This made the map for me, along with what made shi no numa great. Random games, tight, yet open map, now with pap at cost of wunderwaffe. This made a great tranzition to tranzit, and made me feel better about spending 20$ on a single zombies map, because it was completely worth it. 

2) Verrückt(call of duty:black ops)

As you can imagine, playing my well known maps on on the big screen with more fluid multiplayer was a blast. Add some new weapons to the box to keep things fresh, ect small things. They were remakes if the first 4 maps. But verrückt stuck out to me. SNN and DR were not much of a remake as much as the same maps with diffrent box weapons. Nacht and verrückt were diffrent from today's zombies: today we see zombies as a franchise, and big confusing story and easter eggs are something that is expected. The first two maps were just zombies, nothing more. A side mode for an afternoon, everything changed when SNN came out and actually added in a backstory and characters. Verrückt was amazing After i played for the first time, playing nothing but nacht. It kept the same style, but made so many additions, like making faceless marines talk, perks, ect to flesh out the map. That's why it feels like it was truly redone for BO, to put it simply it feels like an actual zombie map for our modern standards. I played all maps after die rise, but this one was the most replayable. It combined all new and old so perfectly, giving it an insane replayability. 

1) Nacht Der Untonten(call of duty world at war:zombies ios)

I said ios zombies were my first love, i wasn't kidding. Before i went to a (boring) vacation to europe i got a whole bunch of free ios games beforehand. One of them caught my eye:call of duty zombies-demo. I only played Cod2-4 so it was interesting, and one boring night tried it. I was hooked like it was heroin. Only the first three rounds being playable before restart and buy screen, and more points given at start to dick around made me play over, and over, and over again, all together putting in about as much time as some here on tranzit during the first week it was out. It seems like i tried out every combination, exploited everything. And it never.became.boring. I loved the idea of ww2 cod being fused with a zombie apocalypse scenario, and a nifty plasma pistol added, reminded me of fallout(my favorite childhood franchise), not only with weaponry but also a random idea and solid overall execution. In case you don't know, fallout is a post apocalyptic 60's style rpg, in which you see the future, but seen as it would be in the eyes of people in the 60's, so it has the great communist nuclear threat before the end of the world, clunky robots, laser guns, radiation making mutants ect, and you saw that universe after it was blown to hell, 70-200 years after, in a mad max like setting, if mad max had mutants and power armor and lasers, ect. That was my first reaction to cod zombies before even killing my first zombie, and getting the ray gun only intensified it. What else is there to say? I bought the full game first thing i got back, and playing it now, never lost its charm. It's really a no brainer it's still my favorite map even with maps taking place on moon and in open world envirments. 

This was probobly TL:DR but i couldn't cut it any shorter. I would like to hear your favorite maps and why

Close runner-ups:

6) ascencion(ios)

7) Die rise(BO2)

8) Tranzit(BO2)

9) Dead ops arcade(BO)

10) Nacht ter untonten(WAw)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game, although I lost count how many of these I have done.

Anyways, here they are.

1. Five. My first and favorite map. Played briefly a few of the other maps prior to this but never loved like this. Great historical theatre, great balance of team work and skills. This was not Ascension where you could ignore your team. You are forced to cooperate with them. Perfect example? Many great starts ruined, I mean RUINED by stupid randoms with their mistakes. Not easy enough to lose interest, not impossible to walk away satisfied.

2. Camping with close friends on Five. Whether holding the elevator or the PAP room, I can always sense the brotherhood fighting along your favorites guys. There are no goals, there is no tomorrow, there can't be any fears. We clutch our weapons and connect our hearts to survive for the next round. I live for their safety, they live for mine. Camping with friends on Five takes this game to another level.

3. Challenges on Five. May it be the first room challenge or the MPL challenge, I have had my share of success and failure. Much like camping, the satisfaction comes from keeping everyone alive and into the next round. No one cares about stats, no one cares about yesterday. Just you, your gun, and your friends, holding the fort.

4. Solo on Five. There are times I just want to play alone. There are moments I need by myself. Five is perfect for that. The way I play in the first 15 rounds are execution heavy. M14 and knife, then Bowie, then power and jug, then mp5k and knife, then Mustang Sally for the thief. I force myself to play perfect, whenever I hit a slump.

5. Any other game that others want to do. I do not enjoy other maps/games/challenges/easter egg hunt as much as I enjoy my first four choices, but a good change of pace.

Great game, I had fun playing.

5. Kino, the first map that really got me into zombies as I only really got the chance to play Nacht on WaW before it came out, I didn't even know of shi no numa or verrukt when I started playing Black Ops haha.

4. Five, love this map, it was quite an interesting change from the zombies that I was used to and a lot more challenging but way more fun if you had a team of friends or people with mics, also holds my favorite Wonder Weapon to date :D

3. Ascension, this map is what made me so interested in the zombie storyline. Immediately after finding out about it from youtube and then later NGT's channel I got right into trying it out, telling everyone I knew and it was just awesome to have a crazy sidequest in the game. A lot of people hate on it because its such an easy level and it really is but on a fun factor if you wanna have a good old time with some buddies and screw around this is the map, grab yourself some PhD and flop off everything haha.

2. Die Rise, so far I'm loving this level. It was hard at first and its still buggy and there's going to be a lot of things that can happen to cause you to rage but its unlike any other zombies map out there and there's a lot of fun to be had.

1. Moon, I laughed so hard when I first played around with the low gravity, zombies flying through the air all ragdoll upon death, seeing how well/ far you could dolphin dive, when you turned the gravity off in the dome and flew around haha. Craziest EE and most fun to date, truly an awesome end to Black Ops 1 zombies in my opinion.

Honorable Mention: Nuketown Zombies, love the whole atmosphere to this map and I think they did a wonderful job with it. Its one of the best maps if your looking for a good fast paced game of zombies.

I love them all but the meh reprints and moon, which I only like.

Some faves in no particular order:

Tranzit: bo built up to this. Waw was (mostly) aimed at hold down survival. I remember how odd I was running solo around the map. Once Shi No Numa came out, people began to kite zombies eventually. Bo was aimed at running solo or multiple solo runs, while others camped. Tranzit took the limited 4 man runs of bo and just made a 4 people play solo together map. Foggies are annoying, but bank, gk, fridge and an excellent wall gun that came for you all made it blow bo out of the water. Excellently thought out special weapon: it sucks, but has infinite kill potential (always kills regardless of round afaik), infinite ammo. Not needed until at least the late 20s when you may run out of ammo. But it kills on round 80.

Die Rise: the first time since waw (or arguably "five"), there was a map for 4 man camp games or solo runs. I found several decent spots to hold down with friends, from too easy to too hard is up to you. Silly wondergun makes game super easy, but amusing.

Der Riese (waw): this was the first of the new zombie maps in a way. SNN created a new way to play, dr brought so much change and did a great job of it. 4 man camp or solo run it, like a mini Die Rise. Funniest zombie magnets.

Shi No Numa (waw): reasons stated above by others. Easiest box gun glitching, dogs, random perks, solo runs 'easily' over 100. 4 man camp to solo runs are quite doable.

"Five": most similar to an older map of the bleak oops maps. In other words not super freaking easy. Most bo maps 'difficulty' was based on how badly bo was programmed, not actual skill required, this was the exception (well, it was still badly programmed of course, but also had actual difficulty beyond 'died to treyglitcharch again'). Hard to solo, hard to camp with people unfamiliar with it. Glitchy annoying teleporters sucked. Best solo was only 34...

Well, there is five faves, but I need to add: Ascension: worst start room in my opinion, penultimate easiest map after solo snn. Cool environment to run around. It is too easy, but I just loved it and still do.

Others thoughts:

Ndu got us hooked with its simplicity and charm. Replayability drops quickly.

Zombie verruckt: took us to the 4 perk system, gave us every gun in the box, moving box, power switch, traps, even split the group if 3-4. It was a great stepping stone from ndu. Alternate pths/camp spots. Starting alone was one of two sides, essentially two maps in one.

Kino der toten: extremely easy, lacking, boring map. That coupled with the bad version of the bowie knife and bo's seemingly infinite programming bugs made this less than hoped for, still loved in its time, just not that good.

Call of the dead: another great one. Hard start, extremely easy long game for solo. Huge, lots of options for opening. Two ww's and the watered down wunderwaffe itself. Amusing character change.

Shangri-la: this is probably the next hardest after "five", but not very hard. Beautiful to play on, but overall unexciting map.

Moon: nml! Ha! And ...um crap, with extra crap sauce. I don't know whether the glitches or the design sucked more. Easy if you survive the bugs or play 3-4 people. Solo and 2 man were usually just screwed by bugs. Totally anticlimatic. I feel they learned how 'over the top' only works if it is enjoyable, but moon and 'enjoyable' clearly live far from each other. Cool looking? I guess. Ugh.

Bo reprints were amusing, but the waw originals were so much better in every way that I can think of.

My 2 cents worth, happy gaming!

Imma do worst and best, if thats okay. Best (my opinion):

1. Ascension. I liked the multiple train spots and abracadavre is my favorite zombies song (you can tell by my sig :D ). Song goes perfect in that map and might just be my favorite map yet.

2.Green run TranZit. Huge challenging map. The denizens are a challenge of getting through the fog, the Avogadro always comes outta nowhere and freaks me and my friend out, and it's a huge map! Love this map maybe forever.

3.CotD. Huge map a little challenging with George and a great song. Makes it a little more fun to know that you are playing as celeberities. CotD will always be in the top ten.

4.Der Riese. Awesome map with the first kinda big easter egg in it. Lots of camping spots and that map will always be a reccomended map by me.

5.Moon. Liked the low gravity but it was a bit glitchy. The zombienaut was a pain and was freaky when it started running at me backwards. This map was okay and so was the easter egg, but it barely made the top 5.

Now for the maps I didn't like:

1. Shi No Numa. I liked the song and the fact that it was the first map with the wonder waffe, but the random perks was a pain in the points and so was the open space. Only has a limitted amount of space to run trains but I liked some of it's creepy features. Like the crying/singing lady in the doctors quarters, the voice in the phone that plays the hidden song, and the awesome zombie laugh in the doctors quarters.

2. Nacht Der Untoten. The original map that started it all. It barely beat Shi No Numa. Why this map? It's originallity and the toughness.

3."five". there was only one training spot, the teleporters were random and you have a guy that takes your guns unless you have a badass gun and kill him first. annoyed at this map.

4.Verruckt. It was hard to have to come up with a strategy after all of the doors were open. They make it seem so easy in the trailers but in this one, it was a pain. but it was a good map for the "HOLY SH*T" moments.

5.Shangri-la. Good map, but you'd have to have a map loop startegy just to survive. EE was too hard and the tunnels were too tight. But I love the song, Shrieker, Napalm, and the fact that you are in freaking demonic paradise. Barely lost to moon.

I did'nt include Die Rise or Nuketown because I haven't played them yet. I'm pretty sure that Die Rise is gonna knock down one of the top five best though. Don't know about Nuketown though.

1) Nacht Der Untonten(call of duty world at war:zombies ios)

I said ios zombies were my first love, i wasn't kidding. Before i went to a (boring) vacation to europe i got a whole bunch of free ios games beforehand. One of them caught my eye:call of duty zombies-demo.

That's hilarious. I also had my very first zombie slaying in the ios version. At the time though when I purchased it I was completely appalled for the fact of there was a glitch where you actually had to PAY for barriers. This was my first game so I thought that was standard practice. Needless to say spending all your money on barriers makes for horrible play and didn't really enjoy it. Fast forward to a couple of months later and I played Kino Der Toten on xbox and decided it wasn't that bad but the people showing me it had no idea about easter eggs and pretty much just camped in the first couple of sections.

If anyone is in here reminiscing about old maps and you want to play I'm going through all of the maps over the next couple of weeks/months as I've just purchased the whole set but haven't had the chance to get through them all. I pretty much want to do a marathon of maps from the beginning while doing all of there easter eggs, after that I'll be able to post up my top 5 ;)

1. moon I'm a storyline easter egg kinda guy

2. Call of the Dead awesome map, had zipline flinger wunderwaff flopper it had it all scavenger favorite ww to date

3. five underrated map, difficult learning curve

4. kino first map I raped trains!!!!

5. any map with the wunderwaff

honerable mentions: just figured I'd post some of my favorite custom maps too for WaW players

1. nazi_zombie_ali

2. yotes lair

3. project_x

4. panic center

5. zombie rich

if you like custom maps I would seriously suggest playing those if you havnt :)

1. Verruckt

The manly man's Zombies map.

The tight corridors force you to play smart and not foolish.

I love the element of chance: you can either spawn next to Quick Revive (which is useless in WaW solo, OR you can spawn next to the almighty Juggernog.)

The super fast sprinter Zombies in this map also make it a even greater challenge!

2. Five

Another manly map. The tight spaces in the starting room are great for some expert looping, and the War Room is my favorite place to loop in any Zombies map!

Plus, the Thief is a nice touch, because if I manage to kill him and get my weapon back, I go all Tank Dempsey and yell: HEY! ZOMBITCH! NO DICE! Hehe

3. Shi No Numa

The classic Zombies map. A little on the easy side for veterans of Zombies, but I digress.

You can employ almost any Zombies strategy you can think of here. Plus it's great for Solo!

4. Ascension

Okay, okay. I know, this is a super easy map.

BUT

I love it because I like to see how far I can get with just a single weapon.

It's great for warming up with each of your favorite points weapons, and it's a blast in Co-Op!

5. Der Riese

I've played this map to death in Solo. Not really familiar with it in Co-Op.

I had to include it because it's the first map I ever posted a high round on (52 solo)

and the fact that it just fits as a Zombies placeholder.

MAPS I DESPISE:

Shangri-La

Well not really the map itself, it's a nice challenge for Solo.

The EE makes me want to punch infants.

Call of the Dead

Again not the map layout itself, I just see it as George being a largely undignified annoyance.