Official Perk-A-Cola info for newcomers

It has come to my attention that (at least to my knowledge) the forum doesn't have a topic all about Perk-A-Cola's and information on them. I may be wrong, but if not then this is my official Perk-A-Cola page for discussion on the subject. I will be adding all new Perk-A-Cola's and their effects whenever they are released, as well as stating the price, location and effect of all perk's present and future. So, let's begin:

Juggernog

Price: 2500 points.

Veruckt- German side, near the dentists chair and across from a possible mystery box spawn location.

Shi-No Numa- Will spawn randomly whenever a hut is opened.

Der Riese- Upstairs from the room with the Trench Gun, around the corner from the bouncing betty.

Kino Der Toten- In the area only accessible after the power is turned on, next to the Bowie Knife.

Five- Next to the doors to the Pack-A-Punch machine, down the stairs from the first elevator accessible to the player.

Ascension- Open the doors downstairs in the spawn room, go up to the floor upstairs, Juggernog is in the little 'room' near the stairs. If you hit the other staircase in that room, you've gone too far.

Call Of The Dead- Jump onto the boat, and open up downstairs. There should be a small pool of water (near a Pack-A-Punch spawn), and Juggernog is up the stairs there. Alternatively, head to the back of the boat and purchase the door somewhat near the Semtex grenades.

Shangri-La- Will spawn randomly above ground, swapping positions with Speed Cola.

Moon- Spawns on Earth, will change with Speed Cola on each visit so if you want/need it, make sure Speed Cola was there on your LAST visit.

TranZit- In the in the Town where there is NOT a workbench. This is the same spawn when playing Survival or Grief on Town. If playing Survival or Grief on Farm, Juggernog spawns on the top floor of the house there.

Die Rise- Will spawn in one of the elevators in the building where the power switch is.

Mob Of The Dead- Outside near the docks, next to a set of gates that lead to the Citadel Tunnels.

Effects

Juggernog is one of the original 4 Perk-A-Cola machines in the game. The user will be able to sustain double the damage compared to someone not using this perk. So instead of taking 2 hits to go down, the player will take 4. For this reason, many people find this the most important perk in the game, and decide to buy this first.

Speed Cola

Price: 3000 points.

Veruckt- In the room 2 doors away from power, on the German side.

Der Riese- Located just outside the alley where power is, near the FG-42 off the wall.

Kino Der Toten- In the room next to the dressing room, in the far corner near a turret and mystery box spawn.

Five- In the hallway towards the first elevator to the left.

Ascension- At the back of the map from spawn, near the Sickle in a building leading towards it.

Call Of The Dead- Down the ice slide, just before the sickle.

Shangri-La- Will spawn randomly above ground, swapping position with Juggernog.

Moon- Spawns on Earth, will change with Juggernog on each visit so if you want/need it, make sure Juggernog was there on your LAST visit.

TranZit- In the diner, second stop on the bus. Spawns on the first floor of the house on Farm and inside the Bank on Town, both Survival and Grief.

Die Rise- Spawns randomly in an elevator in the building you spawn in.

Mob Of The Dead- In the Warden's Office, at the back.

Effects

Speed Cola is another original Perk-A-Cola, and takes the same effect as Sleight of Hand from online. It increases reload speed to allow you to top up faster. This is especially helpful with most Wunderweapons and LMG's, which normally have long reload times. It can greatly speed up the time taken to reload these weapons and make them usable again.

Double Tap

Price: 2000 points.

Veruckt- Upstairs from the German side's spawn, near the MP-40.

Der Riese- Just before the drop down to power, on the opposite building to Juggernog.

Kino Der Toten- Outside in the aleyway, near the AK-74u.

Five- Right outside the first elevator, on your right.

Call Of The Dead- Quite well hidden. On the way to power, at the front of the boat. A barrier needs to be removed first.

Shangri-La- Spawns randomly underground.

Moon- In the labs, straight in front of you when you first enter.

TranZit- At the farm, in the barnhouse. Has the same spawn for Grief and Survival there.

Die Rise- Spawns randomly in one of the elevators in the building where power is.

Mob Of The Dead- Near the entrance to the Citadel Tunnels from the Cell Block.

Effects

When Double Tap Root Beer is purchased, the player will be able to fire bullets at twice the speed. This means Zombies will go down easier but you'll run out of ammo faster. Is very good on weapons with slow rate of fire like the RPK or the RPD. Also, on Black Ops 2 ONLY, the perk is called Double Tap 2.0 and whilst still retaining it's increased rate of fire (albeit a little slower now), it makes the weapon fire two shots with every one bullet fired. This means weapons like LMG's, SMG's and Shotguns in particular recieve a great buff in power from the extra bullets fired, but also bolt-action and pump-action speeds are increased, so Bolt-Action Rfiles benefit from it too. Finally, it affects the throwing speed and equipment placing speed, meaning claymores and grenades can be planted/thrown faster.

Quick Revive

Price: 1500 points (Online, WaW, BO1 and BO2), 500 (Solo, BO1 and BO2).

Veruckt- In the Marine side's spawn.

Der Riese- Near the Bowie Knife and a teleporter, in a small building close-by.

Kino Der Toten- In the spawn room, on the right.

Five- In the spawn room, in a small hallway to the right (or left) of where you spawn.

Ascension- In the spawn room, near the downstairs door.

Call Of The Dead- In the spawn area, on an island of snow after the water in the spawn.

Shangri-La- In the spawn area, straight behind you.

Moon- Once teleported to the Moon, Quick Revive will be right behind you.

TranZit- In the spawn (Bus Depot). Spawns in the building with a mystery box spawn in it on Town (Survival and Grief) and just outside the Barn on Farm (Survival and Grief).

Die Rise- Through the purchasable doors from spawn, in a working elevator.

Effects

The final of the original 4 Perk-A-Cola's. This perk has different effects dependant on whether you are online or playing solo. If online, the revive time will be halved and players can revive their downed comrades quickly. In Solo however, if downed the player will draw Mustang and Sally's whilst reviving themselves. In Solo, the zombies walk away whilst you are downed. In WaW, this doesn't happen, and the perk is useless on Solo.

PhD Flopper

Cost: 2000 points.

Ascension- Near a Lunar Lander that's next to the MP5K, up a flight of stairs and hidden within a small room.

Call Of The Dead- In the abandoned building near the Lighthouse, where one of the rocks for the music easter egg is found.

Moon- In the biodome, at the very back, across from the mystery box spawn.

(Grief) Cell Block- In what is the starting room for Mob Of The Dead, at the back inbetween the two barriers.

Effects

PhD Flopper is arguably one of the most useful perks. It negates all splash damage from explosions, including the Ray Gun's backsplash. Also, if diving to prone from a height that would normally cause damage to the player, then a mini-nuke is created instead. This 'mini-nuke' is extremely powerful, capable of killing in one hit up until round 20. The perk also negates all fall damage.

Stamin-Up

Ascension- Next to a mystery box spawn near the AK-74u

Call Of The Dead- At the back of the map, after a mystery box spawn and a lake of water in what appears to be an abandoned boathouse at the back of the map. Near the Stakeout.

Shangri-La- Spawms randomly underground.

Moon- In Tunnel 11, about halfway through.

TranZit- In the building across from Juggernog (not the Bank). Spawns just outside and around the corner if playing Survival or Grief on Town.

Effects

This perk allows the player to sprint longer and faster. This is really helpful if needing to escape hordes often is part of your survival, or a lot of running is required. Especially helpful on TranZit as it is a very large map.

Deadshot Daiquri

Price: 1500 points (PS3 and Xbox 360 versions), 1000 points (PC version).

Call Of The Dead- At the top of the lighthouse, before the zipline to the broken boat.

Moon- On the top floor in the labs, before the door to the biodome.

Mob Of The Dead- In the Infirmary, next to the staircase leading to the roof.

Effects

With this perk, zooming in with aim assist aims straight for the head automatically (on the PC version there is no aim assist, hence the cut price for the perk). It also reduces weapon recoil and negates idle sway when looking down a sniper scope.

Mule Kick

Price: 4000 points.

Nacht Der Untoten- In the spawn room, next to the M1A1 Carbine. The ONLY perk in this map.

Veruckt-

Shi-No Numa- In the spawn room, on the wall opposite.

Der Riese- In the garage-area, near a mystery box spawn and the Double Barrelled Shotgun.

Kino Der Toten- Room between spawn and the area with Speed Cola. Upstairs door must be purchased.

Five- In the room after the first elevator down, on the bottom floor.

Ascension- In the room beneath Speed Cola, across from a mystery box spawn.

Call Of The Dead-

Shangri-La- In the waterfall area.

Moon- Outside, near the AK-74u and a mystery box spawn.

Die Rise- In a random elevator in the building where the power switch is.

(Grief) Cell Block- Like Flopper is in the Spawn Room for Mob Of The Dead, but is at the opposite end.

Effects

Allows the player to carry and use a third weapon. Extremely useful if the player has the wonder weapon and the Ray Gun and wants an LMG to be even more overpowered. Please note, this perk is NOT available on WaW, only on the BO1 remodelling of those maps.

Tombstone Soda

TranZit- In the room just after leaving the area with power switch. In Survival, it's just before the mystery box spawn with Double Tap nearby. Not available on Solo.

Effects

If the player is downed, then they may instead hold X/ Square/ F and opt to not feed themsleves to the zombies. When this is done, a Gravestone powerup will appear that only the downed player can retrieve. Once the next round begins, the player simply had to retrieve their Gravestone and they will recieve all their weapon and perks back (minus Tombstone Soda). Helpful if the player had their preffered/ an ideal setup before death.

Who's Who

Die Rise: Will spawn in a random elevator in the building you spawn in.

Effects

When downed, this perk allows the player to respawn as a doppleganger- a clone of themselves. Zombies will still see you, but your main goal now is to reach your downed self and revive yourself. If you or another teammate succeeds, then you will return with all your perks as well as your weapon (minus Who's Who) and be able to purchase the perk again (provided there's enough space for an extra perk). If you fail, then one of two things will happen: you may go down, meaning that both the original you and your clone must be revived now, or you can opt to play as your clone. The original you will die out but you can play as the clone instead, although you will only have a pistol and 2 grenades (wepaons and perks can still be purchased). Very helpful if the player doesn't want to rely on terrible teammates to revive themselves upon death.

Electric Cherry

Price : 2000 points

Mob Of The Dead: Leave the spawn room through the right door, head all the way upstairs till you hit a door worth 2000 points. Through that door and on the left should be this perk.

Effects

When reloading any weapon, this perk will emit an electric charge, killing any zombies nearby. This can be very helpful if trapped in a corner as you will likely clear some/all of the zombies in your path. Combine this with Speed Cola and it can be especially deadly as you will have finished reloading faster and can kill any zombies still alive after the shock.

Okay, that's every Perk-A-Cola released so far for now. This took a very long time for me to do so I hope that it's not already been done, and apologise if it is. Remember, this is a guide aimed more at newcomers, however i'm sure some of you may not know some of the facts here. Feel free to tell me if i've made any mistakes or if there's something i've missed about a perk and i'll be sure to edit it. Also, use this topic as a discussion about current perks, cancelled perks or maybe future perks we could get.

I hope this has helped people (and more so hasn't already been done)!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, we needed this for the information seekers and newbies.

2 things: 1. At least half of the Der Riese players open the thompson side, maybe a dual description depending on side opened. If some newbie opened the trenchgun side while the other side is open, that would suck. Just a thought. I play either way, but would always recommend opening thompson as it is generally easier.

2. Double tap root beer is incorrect and ignores that in bo2, it is double tap 2.

Iirc (check these 'facts' of mine before posting, but) dt makes your gun fire at 1.6x. Dt2 makes it fire 2 bullets per bullet, essentially doubling the rate of fire while consuming the same amount of ammo. Dt consumed ammo faster...

Thanks for posting and reading.

Thanks man, i've spent a good hour and a half or so slaving over this so I hope they do haha :) I hope to god someone's not going to comment on here saying something like "I've already done this, here's the link:" because j'd be pretty devestated!

I don't think anyone's actually done this. This is about the closest thing to it.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=17310

I think you're good, though. Nice job. :)

Iirc (check these 'facts' of mine before posting, but) dt makes your gun fire at 1.6x. Dt2 makes it fire 2 bullets per bullet, essentially doubling the rate of fire while consuming the same amount of ammo. Dt consumed ammo faster...

Double-Tap Root Beer increases rate of fire by 33%. It also increases bolt-action speed, pump-action speed, grenade-throwing speed, and equipment-placing speed by 50%.

Double-Tap Root Beer II increases rate of fire by 20%. It also increases bolt-action speed, pump-action speed, grenade-throwing speed, and equipment-placing speed by 50%. It has an additional effect of splitting each bullet in two when using bullet-based weaponry, effectively doubling the damage you give.

Double-Tap Root Beer was good. Double-Tap Root Beer II is great.

EDIT: Fixed some errors in some of the titles and edited Double Tap Root Beer to include info on the 2.0 version present in BO2.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Be sure to point out anything else I may have missed, or inform me if anything new is discovered about Who's Who (I don't think so, but you never know)!

• 1 month later...

So, as i'm sure many of you are aware by now, Mob of the Dead was officially announced today with a trailer from Treyarch and looks EPIC. I'll be sure to update this page with any new Perk-A-Cola's that come out and maybe even include some features on this new 'purgatory' system as it is likely to be an aid to players too like the Perks?

• 2 weeks later...

Now updated to include Electric Cherry. I'll try and update the locations of PhD Flopper and Mule Kick in Cell Block Grief once I actually go on it, but it likely won't be until the weekend as I have a Spanish speaking exam on Friday and doubt i'll have time to do it before then but i'll try.

• Administrators

Mob of the Dead

Juggernog - Right after heading outside through the tunnels, open the gate and it is on the right-hand side upon opening it.

Speed Cola - Inside the Warden's office, in the far back next to the window.

Double Tap II - After heading down from the shower room, go past the center pillar (with the two body bags) and make a right at the far end corridor. It will be on the right side.

Deadshot Daiquiri - In the infirmary, go past the Helldog symbol and make a right. There should be a small, loneroom with the perk machine on the right side of the wall.

Mob of the Dead

Juggernog - Right after heading outside through the tunnels, open the gate and it is on the right-hand side upon opening it.

Speed Cola - Inside the Warden's office, in the far back next to the window.

Double Tap II - After heading down from the shower room, go past the center pillar (with the two body bags) and make a right at the far end corridor. It will be on the right side.

Deadshot Daiquiri - In the infirmary, go past the Helldog symbol and make a right. There should be a small, loneroom with the perk machine on the right side of the wall.

God forgot to add the perk locations for this map. I will add them tommorow when I have a free moment, thanks for the information Infest.