Who's Who

MysteryMachineX

Hey guys, if anyone is reading this. Who's Who, the new Perk, interested me. So I did some tests with it.

As many of you know, when you have Who's Who and go down, a doppelgänger of yourself spawns nearby after a few-second delay. He has only a M1911 and Knife. You can then use him to revive yourself, and your original self keeps the other Perks.

But there were many questions I had with this mechanic. So I did some tests. Here is what I learned:

- If you go down, another player can revive either you or your doppelgänger.

- If your doppelgänger is revived, you can still try to revive yourself before you bleed out.

- If your doppelgänger buys Who's Who, your original body dies immediately.

- Your doppelgänger can buy Perks and guns, but they don't carry over to your body upon revival.

- If you wait too long to revive your original body, your doppelgänger will become the new you.

- If a teammate revives your original body, your doppelgänger goes away.

- If you fall off a building, it is possible for your doppelgänger to respawn to a nearby ledge.

- If your doppelgänger bought stuff and then revived you, all your points are refunded.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry if this is the wrong place for this... i just didn't see the point in making a thread :? lol

but doesnt russman die in the opening video... what you said regarding the doppelganger becoming the new you, made me think of one of his quote's from green run " You messed with the wrong russman!"

maybe the russman we know is just a doppelganger... just speculating....

@Tasty Applesauce: Perhaps.

@83457: I hope so too. You're welcome.

@Sandwich: Honestly, I don't know. I'll let you know if I find out.

@jinro: It's okay. :) I don't think that's the case. The doppelgänger is only around for a short time. It only appears just before death. And I don't think Russman would've known about it. Just seems unlikely.

Also guys, I have some disappointing news. Who's Who has a major glitch:

Sometimes after reviving yourself with Who's Who, or having someone revive you, some of your buttons simply will not work anymore. One time I found I could not Knife. One time I found I could not lay down my Claymore or Buildable. One time I found I could not throw Grenades or switch Weapons. It is game-breaking.

Also guys, I have some disappointing news. Who's Who has a major glitch:

Sometimes after reviving yourself with Who's Who, or having someone revive you, some of your buttons simply will not work anymore. One time I found I could not Knife. One time I found I could not lay down my Claymore or Buildable. One time I found I could not throw Grenades or switch Weapons. It is game-breaking.

I was wondering about that. I briefly considered it being a side-effect of the almost over powered nature of the perk, but I don't think it would be unless that was only a temporary effect, it is, as you said, game-breaking. Too much so to be intended. I hope it is a glitch and gets patched out ASAP.

• Administrators

I haven't experienced any of the said side-effects from using the Who's Who perk, but I hope I don't come across them. I'll agree - the perk is absolutely wonderful and really gives the player a second chance to fight for their lives or begin anew (hehe, see what I did there?). It's great if you feel uncomfortable relying on other teammates due to the formation of each level and tower, yet it doesn't make it extremely easy to have unlimited lives.

There is one minor glitch I came across while using it: the good ol' infinite Who's Who mode. I'm not sure what exactly triggered it, but apparently my original body was on top of an elevator when I was downed by a zombie. I went into WW mode, only to discover that it was too late to save my original self because it was about to be squished against the ceiling. Usually, the game would automatically place you back in regular form, but with whatever you've obtained in the perk mode. This instance, however, kept the same colorful scheme and I was seeing light distortion throughout the whole game as if I were still using Who's Who.

It was very exciting, but I went down 10 minutes later due to the Steam Tramp. :?

I know we all think Who's Who is a part of the EE. I'm wondering if it will play a bigger role conceptually though.

When you go down with WW, your's spirit/clone is walking around. You see the world in a different way, with magical things glowing (like the teddy bear).

I believe you are in the Aether, where Maxis and Richtofen are. This concept will play into the meaning of the EE and the story line!

I can add a couple of things. Death in certain locations, will create the doppelganger, but he will be your new character, with just the knife and pistols. Getting squashed on a lift, dying will travelling on a lift both create this.

If you have QR perma perk I'm pretty certain in solo you can revive yourself faster. That's from watching JLoves2Game video.

Can't confirm falls but it seems irrecoverable deaths in the lift work that way.

Edit - some new notes, it is incredibly glitchy when you revive the who's who of someone. Just had a game where on 27 or so, my friend only had one gun, and could not knife. I hope they fix stuff like that, because glitch free it is almost too overpowered. With a good team and monkeys, plus the the perk in the right location, games could almost be infinite.

Oh and on the round before, a guy as who's who, fell off. After that, even when spectating it was constantly saying who's who to him, and he said the spectating screen was strange.