Don't Build The Table

Junior

I been doing and re-doing the easter egg for a while now and what i figured out is that the "Nav Card Table" is not necessary in order to complete the first part of the easter egg. Richtofen's easter egg does not require the table. I simply shoot the Jet Gun into the air into the "Obelisk" which is the tower. You where never instructed to build the table so why do people keep building it? Just because the youtube users that show a step by step but doesn't mean that they are right. Jimmy said that the order plays a big part and people are starting the easter egg the wrong way, by building the table. I just had to come on here and post my thoughts and experiences. My thoughts on the right steps are as follow and i incourage everyone to try this out.

1. Finish either side of easter egg without building the table.

2. Complete the Turterary Node by placing three Turbines at "Diner, Bus Depot, Closest To The Power" Lamp Posts. If your doing Maxis Side.

3. Than build the table. "I haven't got this far since the table saves to our profile and since we keep messing up, we have to keep making new accounts or new people to retry".

4. Max will than instruct you to find a nav card.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

as far as i know the navcard quote comes from richtofen not maxis. built the table for a friend earlier i was sam and got the quote upon completion.

_uBfSJMz_I4

At 1:50, Maxis confronts the player about the completing of the table (the control mechanism) and asks for you to seek the NavCard to be inserted into the reader. Of course, the table's completing is not necessary to complete to Achievement; however, it does not mean that it is not needed for the Easter Egg itself.

At 1:50, Maxis confronts the player about the completing of the table (the control mechanism) and asks for you to seek the NavCard to be inserted into the reader. Of course, the table's completing is not necessary to complete to Achievement; however, it does not mean that it is not needed for the Easter Egg itself.

How long have we been finding and trying Easter Eggs? Years, right? So we should all know, that these things must be done in the correct order..

Perhaps the young man is right, maybe this is why we are all missing the next step. Maxis never tells us to build the table, because we've already done it. He never tells us to seek out the card because we've all already got it. Therefor, he never tells us what to DO with the card because there is no catalyst to do so.

I'm very aware that all the audio has been ripped, LONG ago, but I'm not one to read those threads.. kind of like skipping to the end of a great book to see if your favorite character dies.. So I do not know if there is anymore dialogue for Maxis after that.. Though, I'm sure if there was, this EE would be smashed by now..

Just a thought.. Maybe we're all just getting the steps wrong..

• Administrators

I never said that the table is not for the Easter Egg. I believe you may have confused my words. An Achievement and Easter Egg are two complete separate things; especially in zombies. The Achievements have always been signified as the official completion of the Easter Eggs. In Black Ops II, however, we can apparently skip through one or two steps and still get the achievement. That NavCard is the key to completing it. As of the moment, we have met a certain quota to completing the Easter Egg, and will soon be fully finished once we [supposedly] return to the map.

"We share so much with nothing to others, as the seal of secrecy - which, together with what's underneath."

That's a very rough translation of what he said.

As a German, I would translate it that way: We like to share nothing more to others than the seal of discretion - including what is underneath it.

"teilen = theilen", he misspelled that btw.

However I wanna say yeah, the first youtube vid that leads to the achievement is considered to be true and copied over and over. Therefore, if the first EE guide is wrong, all YT guides will be wrong. For example on Moon, people were told that they have to do it step by step, like 1->2->3->4->5. But you did not have to it step by step. You could start with step 3 or step 1, or do it simultaneously. All what had to be done before step 5 was like 1->2 and 3->4. But what you did first was not playing a role (e.g. if you first QED the ball, or do the color play in the end, does not matter. Or if you do the plates->computer-hack stuff or the digger-ball stuff or the colorgame-hacking stuff first, absolutely plays no role). But everybody thought, it must be done in a certain order.

Once wrote a nice thread about it, wait maybe I still have the pic ;) No, even got deleted on tinypic, but here was the thread:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 72&t=17222

So, thanks, nice to know the table is not needed.

Tom852

As a German, I would translate it that way: We like to share nothing more to others than the seal of discretion - including what is underneath it.

"teilen = theilen", he misspelled that btw.

This is the first clue I've ever read and actually thought it might mean something. Lithium, Tac, EJ, DB4DH, what do you guys make of this?

• Administrators

I'm not sure if it's on topic of zombies or just out of pure randomness (though I'm willing to bet my money it has to do with the zombie community). From how I see it, it seems like another approach of saying "We aren't going to give any additional info more than we are allowed to, including anything that is not even secret."

Basically, they won't be answering any of our questions of any zombie-related matter nor will they give us further information. More of a context to remain silent and keep us guessing things. I guess they got tired of us complaining when they didn't assist us, yet became angry at them for giving us nothing but riddles and confusing tweets. If this is the approach, I honestly don't blame them. Let the us, the community, figure out things for ourselves. Even if that means going insane when we arrive at multiple yet short dead-ends.

I'm not sure if it's on topic of zombies or just out of pure randomness (though I'm willing to bet my money it has to do with the zombie community). From how I see it, it seems like another approach of saying "We aren't going to give any additional info more than we are allowed to, including anything that is not even secret."

Basically, they won't be answering any of our questions of any zombie-related matter nor will they give us further information. More of a context to remain silent and keep us guessing things. I guess they got tired of us complaining when they didn't assist us, yet became angry at them for giving us nothing but riddles and confusing tweets. If this is the approach, I honestly don't blame them. Let the us, the community, figure out things for ourselves. Even if that means going insane when we arrive at multiple yet short dead-ends.

Love it. Any differing opinions?

I've finished both Easter eggs without the table being finished. I'm glad some of you see what I'm trying to get across here. Hopefully we can get some people on here trying this. Just don't build the table and finish either Easter egg. Than try new things in order to get the table to be functional. The dev's will not help us and never will. They don't get amused by us not completing the EE but they are inticipating anxiously until someone does. They took two years finishing this game and people expecting them to give the EE to them on a silver platter is insulting to there hard work.

This is what Maxis says when you build the Nav Card Station.

"You have constructed a Control Mechanism but to program the Computer, you will need an Application Nav Card. You will have to seek it out then return here and Activate the Spire. To save Mankind.

I find one thing odd. If he was referring to the Nav Card we found in Green Run, wouldn't he say "The" instead of "An". It bet that there is more than one, but so far, there is only one Card in Green Run.

Also, it's obvious by his quote whatthe Nav Card Station is for. It activates the Spire. Same thing for the Obelisk if you powered the tower for Richtofen.

I'm pretty sure that there are more towers, one per Map I bet.

Man, I was saying since 2 weeks after the game came out that we probably didn't need to build the table for Richtofen's side of the EE, but all I got was people arguing with me and saying things like "Every video on youtube says to build the table. It HAS to be built." and "You need the meteor on the table to heat up with the jet gun!!"

Glad everyone's finally realizing I was right.

Feel free to disagree with me.. But i bet the building of the table is fine. Whenever.

By going on that maxis quote above, if anything...we'd have to come back to the nav card table at the end of the last dlc they offer.

Something tells me theyre not going to let us 'save the world' in the first, second, or third dlc's. Thats silly.

My guess is that the last dlc will connect the nav card table to the story.

Either that, or it will connect to Die Rise, but i doubt it.

I been doing and re-doing the easter egg for a while now and what i figured out is that the "Nav Card Table" is not necessary in order to complete the first part of the easter egg. Richtofen's easter egg does not require the table. I simply shoot the Jet Gun into the air into the "Obelisk" which is the tower. You where never instructed to build the table so why do people keep building it? Just because the youtube users that show a step by step but doesn't mean that they are right. Jimmy said that the order plays a big part and people are starting the easter egg the wrong way, by building the table. I just had to come on here and post my thoughts and experiences. My thoughts on the right steps are as follow and i incourage everyone to try this out.

1. Finish either side of easter egg without building the table.

2. Complete the Turterary Node by placing three Turbines at "Diner, Bus Depot, Closest To The Power" Lamp Posts. If your doing Maxis Side.

3. Than build the table. "I haven't got this far since the table saves to our profile and since we keep messing up, we have to keep making new accounts or new people to retry".

4. Max will than instruct you to find a nav card.

I dont work for 3ARC but I know for certain that they would'nt put anything into the game that impaired our ability to do the EE especially with something that may in fact be part of the EE (eventually or otherwise) that we will need.

I dont know for sure but I feel like this is moving further away from any real solution that may or may not be out there. It just feels like you are over examining the ordering of the EE in the same way that other people tend to over examine small details of the game that have no hard significance. Not trying to shoot you down just sayin that it seems more likely everyday that our quest is temporarily over. The DLC is coming out with just the appropriate amount of time for the vets and the newbs to get it done, and they prob know...in fact i do know, that they KNOW we are ready to move on and are "stuck" seemingly. IT is all part of the game of cat and mouse that they play to lure us in, snag us, and reel us in and keep collecting their money. just my opinion.

I dont work for 3ARC but I know for certain that they would'nt put anything into the game that impaired our ability to do the EE especially with something that may in fact be part of the EE (eventually or otherwise) that we will need.

I dont know for sure but I feel like this is moving further away from any real solution that may or may not be out there. It just feels like you are over examining the ordering of the EE in the same way that other people tend to over examine small details of the game that have no hard significance. Not trying to shoot you down just sayin that it seems more likely everyday that our quest is temporarily over. The DLC is coming out with just the appropriate amount of time for the vets and the newbs to get it done, and they prob know...in fact i do know, that they KNOW we are ready to move on and are "stuck" seemingly. IT is all part of the game of cat and mouse that they play to lure us in, snag us, and reel us in and keep collecting their money. just my opinion.

+1

+1

I think the both of your guys have it right. I would also have to concur.

I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Maxis said "An" Application Nav Card. If there was only one, the one we found so far. He would of said "The" Application Nav Card.

I believe there are more, one per Map to be released.

I also believe there are more than one "Tower" and also more than one Nav Card Station.

Listen to the Transmission from the TV, pay close attention to the ones that have the word "Spire" in them.