Reasons to Why Marlton is Missing

Greer

As we saw in the revolution reveal trailer Marlton was not featured(unless he was the zombie but this theory debunks that). So as we know Marlton was in the bunker at Nuketown and then he somehow got to Green Run(not nessisarily in that order). But from then on he doesn't seem to be present(so far). Okay lets get to the theory, which is based on two different quotes. Marlton says two quotes about being 'Banished' when he is in the nuketown bunker and some people say he says it in Green Run too but i'm not convinced. Now if he was 'banished' then that would make sense why he is not present in the trailer for die rise. If Marlton says these quotes in Green Run too that means that the other 3 had a vote about Marlton staying with them or not and it would've went to majority vote with Samuel and Russman voting against him staying and Misty voting for him staying but making her vote null since the other two voted against him. But then that makes me wonder why Marlton talks about this at Nuketown too. Personally, i think that Marlton, with all his knowledge travelled in time to Nuketown, knowing there was a fallout shelter that would protect him from the zombies and the nukes from moon. Even though there are theories of Marlton taking the Nuketown bus to wherever that would be impossible due to the fact he was at Green Run first in this theory. I don't believe this theory is correct, but it seems like it could be possible but feel free to prove me wrong

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...if Marlton were to time-travel back to Nuketown pre-nuclear fallout, an MDT would needed to be present in Nuketown allowing him to teleport there. And a large amount of Element 115 to overload the calibration and send him back or forward in time.

I honestly think that people are looking into this too much. It's likely that at the time Treyarch was capturing footage for the trailer, there were only 3 developers playing. Also, keep in mind this was hardly a zombie trailer: it was only a teaser, merely a glimpse of what is to come in. I'm sure that we will get a full-length Die Rise trailer WITH Marlton in it soon. And in the Tranzit reveal trailer, Russman was hardly even shown!

It's a good theory, but I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing our nerdy friend return in Die Rise. But if we don't, then I encourage you to pm me a gloating victory speech! :lol:

My thoughts exactly... Way too complicated and over thought time travel basis... In my image of this game, no one ever time travels back in time... Only forward...

Anyways, that's not even a trailer...! No... That is a SNEEK PEAK if anything! Would you use a 6 min conversation to advertise your new map pack? Certainly not... I suspect an actual trailer may be released some time before jan 29th... ;)

Perhaps this could be a prequel, previous to Nuketown Zombies. Explaining the story and such. If so, who would be the fourth character? A CDC agent perhaps?

Die Rise could not be a prequel to Nuketown Zombies because in the sneak peek the zombies eyes are blue. This would mean that Die Rise takes place after Richtofen takes control back in Moon which takes place the exact same time as Nuketown Zombies. It has to take place after Nuketown Zombies.

I think that people are just looking way too much into this. Like many people have stated before, there was probably only three developers playing at the time they recorded. I guarantee you that Marlton will be back in Die Rise. If he isn't well then you can gloat all you want after.

Well...if Marlton were to time-travel back to Nuketown pre-nuclear fallout, an MDT would needed to be present in Nuketown allowing him to teleport there. And a large amount of Element 115 to overload the calibration and send him back or forward in time.

I honestly think that people are looking into this too much. It's likely that at the time Treyarch was capturing footage for the trailer, there were only 3 developers playing. Also, keep in mind this was hardly a zombie trailer: it was only a teaser, merely a glimpse of what is to come in. I'm sure that we will get a full-length Die Rise trailer WITH Marlton in it soon. And in the Tranzit reveal trailer, Russman was hardly even shown!

It's a good theory, but I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing our nerdy friend return in Die Rise. But if we don't, then I encourage you to pm me a gloating victory speech! :lol:

if he returns, i will never play die rise again. I have a victory speech in a note document ready to copy and paste into a pm sent to you

I forgot to add the part that the MDT would most likely be destroyed in the nuclear blast but MDT's aren't the only way of time travel. We haven't seen other ways yet but Marlton doesn't seem to have any connection to group 935 who made the MDTs. I know that there is an MDT in no man's land which is in area 51 which is in america so americans would need to make it but if the real life rumours about area 51 are true then the stuff in there doesn't need to be in the U.S.A.

My thoughts exactly... Way too complicated and over thought time travel basis... In my image of this game, no one ever time travels back in time... Only forward...

Anyways, that's not even a trailer...! No... That is a SNEEK PEAK if anything! Would you use a 6 min conversation to advertise your new map pack? Certainly not... I suspect an actual trailer may be released some time before jan 29th... ;)

Agreed: people are taking this sneak peek a little too far! I'm almost positive a trailer showcasing Rise will be out next week, I mean, Treyarch does love Trailer Tuesdays! :lol:

Agreed: people are taking this sneak peek a little too far! I'm almost positive a trailer showcasing Rise will be out next week, I mean, Treyarch does love Trailer Tuesdays! :lol:

And I say again: I'm still hope-in for a watch it Wednesday, and a tricked ya Thursday, and a "forgot this " Friday, Sorry bout that Saturday, Special sunday, or a matinee Monday....

They also didn't show Russman in the Tranzit Greenrun trailer, and that map had a conspiracy based around Russman. Marlton will probably (90%) show up in Die Rise. Pattern, maybe?

whos this?

hey, its Russman!

"They also didn't show Russman in the Tranzit Greenrun trailer.."

Don't rush through reading.

They also didn't show Russman in the Tranzit Greenrun trailer, and that map had a conspiracy based around Russman. Marlton will probably (90%) show up in Die Rise. Pattern, maybe?

whos this?

hey, its Russman!

"They also didn't show Russman in the Tranzit Greenrun trailer.."

Don't rush through reading.

But Rusman was in the Green Run trailer.

And this isn't the full zombies only trailer.

Sorry, I'm new. I don't know if this has been posted but I have a theory for Die Rise.

Marlton wasn't banished from the crew. He wasn't banished at all. I can't remember where he worked at, but he found out about the zombies and tried to tell everyone. They gave him the week off because they thought he needed rest. This is what he refers to as "banished." This week gave Marlton time to prepare for the zombies.

Now, my theory about Die Rise. I believe this is about the time Richtofen's Grand Scheme is taking place at Moon. Hence the meteors. If this is true, Marlton is in the bunker at Nuketown at this time. Since he is in the bunker, and the 4 original characters are at Moon. The fourth character in Die Rise, will either be someone that we don't know, or there will not be one. Russman and Misty knew each other before Green Run, so this may be where they met. I think that these maps are going back in time.

Sorry, I'm new. I don't know if this has been posted but I have a theory for Die Rise.

Marlton wasn't banished from the crew. He wasn't banished at all. I can't remember where he worked at, but he found out about the zombies and tried to tell everyone. They gave him the week off because they thought he needed rest. This is what he refers to as "banished." This week gave Marlton time to prepare for the zombies.

Now, my theory about Die Rise. I believe this is about the time Richtofen's Grand Scheme is taking place at Moon. Hence the meteors. If this is true, Marlton is in the bunker at Nuketown at this time. Since he is in the bunker, and the 4 original characters are at Moon. The fourth character in Die Rise, will either be someone that we don't know, or there will not be one. Russman and Misty knew each other before Green Run, so this may be where they met. I think that these maps are going back in time.

The zombies eyes are blue, that means the die rise map takes place after the events of nuketown and moon... Meaning that its more then probable that die rise is held after green run....

I beleive when they release the final dlc there will be ahem "three all new zombie's survival maps, nuketown zombies, and the all new zombies epic: ---" in the 3 survival maps I would think would happen before or durring the events of moon, each telling the story of a different character... We know marelton's now we just need a map to tell how russman, misty, and Samule survived...

We need to move on past green run... We can just put all our dlc eggs in this one time period basket... It is a waste of a tranzit map to tell a story that can be told by a survival map!

I really should think before posting, eh? I 100% forgot that marlton had some job that gave him a week off which he classed as banished

And I say again: I'm still hope-in for a watch it Wednesday, and a tricked ya Thursday, and a "forgot this " Friday, Sorry bout that Saturday, Special sunday, or a matinee Monday....

Sadly Treyarch usually refrains from launching any kind of advertising campaign on the weekend, and since we have MLK day on Monday, I assume we'll be getting our trailer the 22nd.

Okay, I'm not going to waist my time reading every long post in this topic to see if anyone had said what I'm about to say.

ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID!?

1st of all, I wouldn't call THAT a trailer. All it was is a "Behind The Scenes" video and it talked briefly about all the maps. They didn't show a lot of in-game footage of Die Rise, and so I wouldn't use this as your one and only evidence to base your Theory.

Finaly, as mentioned above, there isn't enough footage and not enough of it to show all the characters. Just because we didn't see Marlton with the others in this tiny scenes doesn't mean he isn't in the Game.

Sorry for sounding like a Dick, but dammit I'm tired of these wild theories.

I forgot to add the part that the MDT would most likely be destroyed in the nuclear blast but MDT's aren't the only way of time travel. We haven't seen other ways yet but Marlton doesn't seem to have any connection to group 935 who made the MDTs. I know that there is an MDT in no man's land which is in area 51 which is in america so americans would need to make it but if the real life rumours about area 51 are true then the stuff in there doesn't need to be in the U.S.A.

Go back and look at the Der Riese radio transcripts: Maxis states that 115 was present at the Nevada Base (Area 51), so it explains how a Group 935-looking MDT was built there. Also, if we haven't found "other" ways of time-traveling in Zombies, what makes you think there are other ways at all?