ZFFS: Give me your Fog Horn! (Clear Debris Sound)(Updated)

KeredNomrah69

Edit: Old post that I'm continuously updating as new things are found, the sound heard from the following post is the "Clear Debris" sound when activated and not in fact a fog horn (thank you Werqhorse).

Currently in Tranzit there is no known sites where you can clear any type of debris. However, there is two ways in which to activate the sound file in this game mode. These two locations are the Farm House T.V. and the Bus Gun - B23R. Both activation sites can only be done once in the game and after completed cannot be reactivated or reset in any manner.

The Farm House T.V. serves a lot of purposes. After activating power you can hear several audio recordings of groups or individuals and there personal experience. There is even one from Maxis himself and others that seem to be hearing Richtofen or other voices as well. Click this link here for a youtube video with some of the recordings. Before listening to the audio however there is the act of manipulating the T.V. itself. This can be done whether the power is on or off and gets more interesting as its broken down.

When first activating the T.V. an electrical current is heard. This sound reminds me of electricity surging between two posts much like this sound here but repeatedly done. If you let go to early you will not hear anything and you will have to start over again. After waiting for a while (10 to 20 seconds) let go and you will hear a strange "Schunk" sound. I myself have never heard this sound before, if anyone has please let me know and I will update accordingly. One friends speculation was that of a door sliding shut or possibly a locking mechanism to an object you can no longer use.

This is followed immediately by the "Clear Debris" sound. The steps above can be done for any length of time. You can hold the button down for as long as you wish and the sounds will not activate till you let go of it.

The Bus Gun - B23R is a little easier to activate. Simply walk up to the weapon located on the ceiling of the bus interior and purchase the gun. The "Clear Debris" sound is only activated the first time you purchase the gun. If anyone else has already purchased it then you will not be able to do it a second time without joining a new game. The sound comes directly from the weapon location and cannot be heard if to far away from it.

TheKingOfToast has provided video of the actual purchase and activation of the sound. (You can see him in the TV reflection!)

kB7XBl2iQf0

I am on the look out for any other sites that can be used to make the same sound. In my research I have discovered a few things that I feel have warranted my attention so I thought I would share this with you.

As stated before both sites can only be done once per game.
    Farm House T.V. can be held indefinitely (post your record so others will know)
    Sound intensifies as you activate the locations regardless of the order you choose.

The act of being able to hold down the T.V. is suspicious to me. Even more so the fact of another sound going off after holding it down too long intrigues me, then you throw in the "Clear Debris" sound and I'm hooked. Any theories or suggestions on using this function is helpful as I will test out any random theory. I've had others try the powerline gate at the Prototype and also the power house locked door for the PaP activation.

I encourage anyone that plays to try it out and if everyone is running around at the end of a round then stop by farm and have a few people try things out in other locations at the same time. Also if you hear any of these sounds on another map that we haven't identified then post up what you know so we can include it in here.

-KeredNomrah69

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the gun on the bus and noticed no foghorn sound while buying it.

I also tried activating the TV foghorn with the power on and off. I heard no foghorn and i heard no transmission.

Is there any sound files that have the foghorn noise? Or what about sound files with this so called transmission?

I made sure there were no other sounds going on while doing what you said, so that couldn't of been the problem.

Guys,

I back up anything I say. I have gameplay, audio files, other peoples gameplay, and extensive research is done into all that I do. If I say its a fact I will have the associated evidence to prove it. I actually do have the audio file up on the net for the foghorn but not really sure if its ok to link the audio file or not since its not really advertising and is like sharing an image?

http://www.zombiefactfinders.com/foghorn.MP3

The audio file I'm about to go redo because I want a cleaner audio file and I would like it longer to hear the rest of the game instead of just that one incident.

#1. The tv. To properly activate it your going to have to turn your tv up really high. When you are on the tv in the bottom downstairs living room right inside of the front door you simply press and hold x or circle depending on your platform. When you start holding you will here a VERY VERY faint buzzing/zapping sound that will repeatedly continue till it stops. You must continue holding it down for a period after the noise stops and then let go to hear it activate. It takes a while so get someone to hold a final zombie before you try it out.

#2. The bus. The foghorn will activate only once. When someone else buys it then it will activate then and not for you (not sure if that matters, highly doubt it). Its that simple, I hear it everytime. Just run out on Round 1, get in the bus when theres no screaming zombies and buy the gun.

*Note* Tried purchasing the gun while going through the tunnel and could not hear it inside. Again I played and instead bought it at the Diner and could hear it, in theater mode the sound originates from above the bus and gets quieter the further away you are from it.

If you guys didnt know there is a lot of random sounds and noises that are very very quiet in this game. I always suggest playing with the highest comfortable volume level possible because they don't want you to hear it, but they have to put it in to show they have "feasible" steps in there Easter Egg.

-KeredNomrah69

listening to the audio file, thats no fog horn, just the bog standard audio file used whenever purchasing a wall gun for the 1st time. Which has been used through most of the franchise.

Go buy the sticky grenade in town and listen there, the exact same sound.

Or go play a round of Kino der toten on BO 1 and buy the olympia, eact same sound.

listening to the audio file, thats no fog horn, just the bog standard audio file used whenever purchasing a wall gun for the 1st time. Which has been used through most of the franchise.

Go buy the sticky grenade in town and listen there, the exact same sound.

Or go play a round of Kino der toten on BO 1 and buy the olympia, eact same sound.

The new file will be uploaded within the hour so hopefully the volume of your speakers will allow you to hear it this time more clearly.

I love the fact that you are referencing ways in which the fog horn has worked in the past games but I would hope before posting you would test out your theory before hand. If you have different results then me then please repost and PM me so I can get some type of gameplay or maybe even play with you.

Heres my results of testing out your theories.

-Purchased the m14 no foghorn

-Purchased the olympia no foghorn

I even went extreme with it and also purchased the colt and mp5 as well. all with no foghorn and when I went back on the bus I purchased the bus gun and it went off. I also stopped into town and bought the semtex but all I heard was the church bell. I'll do another run as well with other ways of doing it to make sure and I encourage you to try as well.

-KeredNomrah69

I think OP is getting sounds confused here. As far as I know the sound for activating the Farm T.V. is actually the sound for "clear debris" in previous maps. If possible go back to Call of the Dead and listen close, The sound from the actual foghorn is much different then the "clear debris" sound. amiright?

I think OP is getting sounds confused here. As far as I know the sound for activating the Farm T.V. is actually the sound for "clear debris" in previous maps. If possible go back to Call of the Dead and listen close, The sound from the actual foghorn is much different then the "clear debris" sound. amiright?

You're right.

I agree with the deduction. I myself have never played call of the dead. Anytime the sound was activated in tranzit others referred to it as the foghorn and after more research I found that Call of the dead also had a foghorn like sound. After I saw the post about the clearing debris sound I went online to research for audio clips and found this one of the original foghorn for Call of the Dead.

http://www.zombiefactfinders.com/CotdFoghorn.MP3

Also I found some walkthrough vids which actually made the clearing debris sound and it is similiar to the foghorn but it is a lower pitch and the new tranzit sound more resembles the clear debris one.

Before all of this I redid the audio for a better clip(I hope). The problem is I'm currently running off a voice recorder for the iphone to send to my email to convert on my comp and then upload the mp3. The quality is crap but I needed function over the best as it will take time to get the setup for better clips.

http://www.zombiefactfinders.com/tranzi ... rchase.MP3

http://www.zombiefactfinders.com/tranzi ... vation.MP3

Either way I'm not asking what sound it actually is, I just want to know if anyone has heard it anywhere else or what there theories are on it. I will also in the next couple of hours do a gameplay for the tv audio from activation through all of the audio it has to offer. eventually I will have all the quotes listed because in them are broken messages that describe I think certain things that need to be done for more unlocks.

-KeredNomrah69

going to go get kicked off the bus now lol. Buy a gun, any wall gun but the bus and you wont hear it. Be the first to buy the bus gun, you'll hear it. Proven and done over and over 10 times now always the same result with multiple groups who all confirm the same results. I need some type of video from a phone or anything showing you purchased the wall gun besides the bus and got that sound or add me on xbox and we can go do a play through and we can show and tell for eachother lol.

-KeredNomrah69

Wall gun Purchase

bza_vPImTvs

B23R Purchase

kB7XBl2iQf0

Clear Derbris

0T4m_jv8Ozg

My theory is that it is the sound of Magic. The wall guns are consistent with the time frame of the 60's whereas the B23R is quite futuristic (although I believe it is a 1911 variant) therefore making magic the only way it could be there. Also, he debris makes the same noise and it is taken away "magically" as well.

Mmm here's a stretch but it makes some sense to it. In Call of the Dead it is the clear debris sound, from the video look on nuketown you have it is clear debris....wouldn't it make sense that if its the same sound they always use then it clears some type of debris somewhere? Actually better yet I have a co-theory because my original thought is that the activation actually speeds up the bus. As we all know sometimes the bus flies around and sometimes it doesn't. I meant to test it last game but ran out of time and I have to leave for a bit.

What could this mean? Possibly that with the sound you have now made the bus a "clear debris" vehicle since it goes faster. I also believe the front piece only kills zombies as a fancy side effect because if you slap one on of course it kills zombies, the true purpose for the front part of the bus hasn't been discovered yet.

I'm going to make a new thread something titled along the lines of "Controlling the bus". We all know it can skip stops, shut down, kick you off and all sorts of speeds etc etc. We need to have others share there experience because this is the only way to figure it out in a feasible amount of time.

The tv part is a little more baffling though. It can be explained as it requiring you to progress the story line along before the debris can be cleared i.e. you speed up the bus, listen to the recordings, do something pertaining to the recording and maybe activate another clear debris sound and either after enough or certain events it continues on to what its suppose to really do.

Hello!

I'm gonna post my thoughts on the foghorn noise you hear.

I also a few games now (random games) i hear either a loud church bell or a horn or something go off.

Me and my buddy were actually kidding around and came with a great idea that I'm gonna try very shortly lol.

When the beam hits the mystery box were gonna turbine EMP it and see if it shoots back to the tower making it unstable and causing the corn field to start on fire.

Just tossing my random ideas out there lol.

But yes i hear a bell or something go off thinking maybe its like a fire truck?

That's what i get in my head.....

ALSO I have a video now to show people you need to be quick, but i did it in solo sadly.....

You can crouch and sneak around the entire first area and kill the zombies ONLY COMING FROM THE WINDOWS.

You will not wake the other zombies up the rest of the game as far as i know...

I've sat around there walking around to see if something was different and no after about 3 minutes i hopped on the bus to see if the bus horn would wake them up....IT DID NOT. Until i arrived under the tunnel the zombies that were in the bus station (4) Just vanished and the round started......odd right?

WEll i wish i had a 2nd player to try that with so they could take off while i stayed there or vice versa but anywho yeah i thought those were a few odds and ends,and useing the jet gun to go up in the air is not only stupidly fun but maybe it means something.

:lol:

Hello!

I'm gonna post my thoughts on the foghorn noise you hear.

You didn't post anything that has to do with the foghorn or anything we are talking about besides a church bell/fire truck sound which isn't the sound we've posted over and over about. If you hear the sound that's been shown in the vids and links above please post about it .

There is a church which rings its bell, you would hear it in the town and its located in the shortcut to town between the diner and the farm.

I've heard this, but I hadn't noticed it until I was in theater. I no clipped and went farther into the corn fields and saw two, what looked to be water tanks. The alarm was coming from them, also on the first wrecked semi on the left entering the tunnel. They're strange for sure, and I don't know if it's relevant but when I noticed it, it was the game after the match that I had done the ee

• 1 month later...

Just a small update I thought I would share with everyone.

#1. The sound of the "Clear Debris" progresses in loudness regardless of which one you activate first, I.E. doing one then the other makes the second activating volume level increase.

#2. You are able to hold down the button on the tv for as long as you like. 10 minutes was the record for me. When you start an electrical current is heard surging. Immediately after letting go a "Schunck" type sound is heard (hard to describe), followed then by the "Clear Debris" sound.

Speculation: It seems VERY odd to me that you are able to hold the button down on the TV for as long as you want. This could in fact be a part of something bigger like a possible step of staying in place for 2 minutes (moon EE). I see no reason why this TV would have this function unless you physically have to do something on the map while the person is holding down the button.

The fact that you can do this once, only once, per game encourages this for me. There is no redo's or resetting this function without starting a new game. I have currently ran twice with a full crew of people investigating while I stood at the TV but the truth is its near impossible to search everything. If your in a game and everyone is running around try doing it and have some people test out anything that pops into your head, worth a shot in my opinion.

My theory is that it is the sound of Magic. The wall guns are consistent with the time frame of the 60's whereas the B23R is quite futuristic (although I believe it is a 1911 variant) therefore making magic the only way it could be there. Also, he debris makes the same noise and it is taken away "magically" as well.

I might be wrong but I think the farm shotgun is also futuristic but when buying it, no debris sound.

So it's really specific to the b23r

The fact that you can do this once, only once, per game encourages this for me. There is no redo's or resetting this function without starting a new game. I have currently ran twice with a full crew of people investigating while I stood at the TV but the truth is its near impossible to search everything. If your in a game and everyone is running around try doing it and have some people test out anything that pops into your head, worth a shot in my opinion.

Also I tried activating the tv in easy local and it wouldnt work but I still heard the b23r Debris sound and both worked online

hey good find man!

a couple things i thought of while reading this...

when samuel buys the BE2R he'll say "hello darkness, my only friend.."

not sure what he means by darkness?

the bus driver also has a quote, "clear the road ahead and move up to first class"

this could be synomonus with the BE2R and the sound of clearing debris when purchasing it...

just speculating