Nacht Der Untoten area could be a facade...

ninezerowill

My theory is that they were getting things from Der Riese during the Massacre at Der Riese. They grabbed Element 115, which we know to have electrical properties, and it may have downed the plane. If not that, then perhaps Element 115 from the battlefield it was flying over disrupted it all. Point is, the plane crashed with four U.S. Marines inside of it, the "why" is what I don't understand. Why it crashed is a mystery, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to Element 115.

One thing I had considered was if the Americans had built the place in an attempt to get an understanding. I mean they said that their Soviet allies were at Nacht, so they built a replica. All of these are me just throwing out ideas, by the way, I'm not stating any of these as fact. Feel free to rip them to shreds, as that will get us steps closer to finding the truth.

Very good theory. Maybe the 4 marines were actually returning from Der Reise like you stated. Someone on board the plane mis-handled the 115, became infected, and somehow managed to down the plane, leaving the 4 to fight him off and scramble out of the wreckage to safety inside the building in Nacht.

I sincerely hope 3arc releases some sort of official storyline for Zombies when they finally decide to end the phenomenom that we've all come to love and obsess over.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think BDU in Green Run is the same building. One who looks closely can see upstairs and there is no door leading to the room right above the Mystery Box room.

Another reason I don't think this is the Real NDU is because of Treyarch History. They use to use other things from Campaing and DLC's Maps to create Zombie Maps.

That Same building is also in a Campaign & Multiplayer Map, but with some alterations Also the location for those two Map's were in Japan, not Germany.

Der Riese was built using "Nightfire" the Map featured in the Second DLC.

The Building in Verruckt was seen in a Campaign Mission as well in a Multiplayer Map.

So simply, its not the actual Building. I do think something can be done here but not until after the First DLC is released.

Id just like point out NDU, Verruckt and Der riese were all german maps, while shi no numa was japanese for "the swamp" and featured japanese zombies, i believe my point about treyarch officially stating NDU was the second outbreak is relevant to the fact nazi zombies always had a story mode and it wasnt just thrown together last minute in verruckt > onwards, for example heres just one possibility and i could produce many others all that carry weight

The team lead by tank dempsey were sent to verruckt to extract peter, however the outbreak already happened, that team managed to escape the asylum with part of the element 115 power generator room and managed to get to an airfield for extraction, element 115 then interfered with the electronics (proved via black ops terminal files) and said plane crashed. Team survived only to be wiped out by zombies at NDU, hence why we no longer play as them

1. Verruckt first official outbreak due to experimenting with element 115 sending everyone crazy

2. Team sent in to extract peter who was working there at the time (however he already escaped to Shi no numa)

3. Team escape in a plane (NDU was based off the w@w map airfield) only to crash at NDU possibly on take off

4. Team died at NDU the second outbreak

5. We then end up playing the frightful four in shi no numa and thus the story evolves

Now just because der riese description says this is where it all began, could be taken any number of ways, much like every piece of info we have on zombies, everything is up for debate and nothing is ever truely 100%

I like where you guys are going with all this. There could be many reasons why Nacht is in Green Run. One of the MANY reasons COULD be to show us how much zombies have grown. A map inside a map. They could have fit all the WaW maps in Green Run. Probably even most of the BO maps too. So I see it as Treyarch saying "look guys, this map is huge. Now you can compare the size of Green Run to a previous map."

I like where you guys are going with all this. There could be many reasons why Nacht is in Green Run. One of the MANY reasons COULD be to show us how much zombies have grown. A map inside a map. They could have fit all the WaW maps in Green Run. Probably even most of the BO maps too. So I see it as Treyarch saying "look guys, this map is huge. Now you can compare the size of Green Run to a previous map."

Wow, that is actually a good legit theory. Here, have a cookie.

Joking aside, your probably right. The Map originally had no exit to the outside and clearly you can really see how far they've came.

But still, there is a chance more can happen here, but not until the DLC's start coming in.

Id just like point out NDU, Verruckt and Der riese were all german maps

No. We know that Verruckt and Der Reise are in Germany, but there isn't enough to conclude that Nacht is exactly in Germany... Just because there are NAZI zombies, doesn't mean that it couldn't be located elsewhere. Perhaps the zombies are nazi POWs that were experimented on.

I'm not completely sold that NDU takes place in Germany. I mean, what the fudge are American Marines doing fighting NAZI zombies? The Marines never encounter the nazis in the campaign, only the japanese.

Maybe the zombie outbreak started in America, seeing as US Marines never encountered the nazis in the campaign. Hell, now that I think about it...

Maybe the PLANE ITSELF was carrying a shipment of nazi POWs, one turned zombie mid flight because of 115 exposure, infected the rest of the POWs, and the zombies caused the crash in the first place... Holy shit I just blew my own mind.

Maybe all the American Zombies in "Five" were actually Soviet insurgents that were all going to kill JFK but then turned into Zombies?

Possible? Yes. Very far fetched? Yes.

Nacht der Untoten means Night of the Undead in GERMAN. It is filled with Nazis. It makes the best sense, story-wise, to be situated right next to Verruckt. It is in Germany.

Maybe all the American Zombies in "Five" were actually Soviet insurgents that were all going to kill JFK but then turned into Zombies?

Possible? Yes. Very far fetched? Yes.

Nacht der Untoten means Night of the Undead in GERMAN. It is filled with Nazis. It makes the best sense, story-wise, to be situated right next to Verruckt. It is in Germany.

You again Murder? We seem to be locking horns all over the forums lol

I humbly agree to disagree. While the name of the map is indeed German. I still can't help shake the feeling 3arc is trying to fool us by including the EXACT same building in Green Run.

Maybe the corn fields sprouted up around Nacht after the events of NDU in WaW and the zombie blood helped grow the corn that is now surrounding the building... Far fetched? Yes. Possible? Yes

Maybe the zombie blood in the corn acted as a slow acting virus to turn all the former residents/workers of Green Run into zombies. Far fetched? Yes. Possible? Yes.

Maybe the zombie outbreak started in America, seeing as US Marines never encountered the nazis in the campaign. Hell, now that I think about it...

Maybe the PLANE ITSELF was carrying a shipment of nazi POWs, one turned zombie mid flight because of 115 exposure, infected the rest of the POWs, and the zombies caused the crash in the first place... Holy shit I just blew my own mind.

Hahaha....don't you love when you blow your own mind and an awesome link comes together in your head!!!!

I've written something similar in other NDU threads.

That the crashed Plane was in fact part of Operation Paperclip in which the US brought back Nazi Scientists to help with Nuclear Development at the Hanford Site (thats my short Version)

Hahaha....don't you love when you blow your own mind and an awesome link comes together in your head!!!!

I've written something similar in other NDU threads.

That the crashed Plane was in fact part of Operation Paperclip in which the US brought back Nazi Scientists to help with Nuclear Development at the Hanford Site (thats my short Version)

Yes it's awesome LOL

Hmmm.. I should read into your theory more, but I started this thread to get people talking about Nacht again. It's a very simple map, but still shrouded in mystery story-wise, it's inclusion in Green Run blew my mind

I still can't help shake the feeling 3arc is trying to fool us by including the EXACT same building in Green Run.

But it's not the same exact building. In fact, there are many, many differences. Vehicles. Explosive barrels. Nazis. Radio. Collapsed roof. Fencing. Etc.

Barrels - already exploded

Vehicles - driven off or used by nameless marines to escape

Nazis - possibly experimented-on POWs

Radio - destroyed in the first onslaught of zombies

Collapsed roof - destroyed from all the random gun fire

Fencing - destroyed by the zombies?

all these are possible

I still can't help shake the feeling 3arc is trying to fool us by including the EXACT same building in Green Run.

But it's not the same exact building. In fact, there are many, many differences. Vehicles. Explosive barrels. Nazis. Radio. Collapsed roof. Fencing. Etc.

Barrels - already exploded

Vehicles - driven off or used by nameless marines to escape

Nazis - possibly experimented-on POWs

Radio - destroyed in the first onslaught of zombies

Collapsed roof - destroyed from all the random gun fire

Fencing - destroyed by the zombies?

all these are possible

And... a bunch of people in '60's vehicles decided to camp there?

Not the point I was making tac, I should of been more specific

Nacht deer untoten is German (name)

Verruckt is German

Shi no numa is Japanese

Der revise is German

Kino is German (and was supposed to be a w@w map)

The original maps from world at war all had names in the respective language they were based at, it wasn't until blood that Nazi zombies became just zombies so a counter argument for that is neither here nor there.

I do agree a lot is unclear where NDU is concerned, for a start how could there be zombies with no element 115 around (further backing up the proof there was something on the plane)

And although pinnaz has got a good theory tbh I dismissed that idea long ago as it was proved most scientists died from Der rise when Richthofen activated the shield, Richthofen also dealt with peter and hyena so those two are out of the question as well.

The question you need to ask is how america had its own source of element 115 to begin with, or why Americans redesigned a ray gun from a certain Japanese blueprints, all the more relevant in the next map

• Administrators

That was my bad TFG, I misinterpreted.

And although pinnaz has got a good theory tbh I dismissed that idea long ago as it was proved most scientists died from Der rise when Richthofen activated the shield, Richthofen also dealt with peter and hyena so those two are out of the question as well.

Well many of the German scientists escaped up the Elbe River, including Steiner and about a half dozen others. We aren't sure what happened to Harvey Yena because he's only mentioned twice and they don't hint anything towards his future. We have a better idea for Peter McKay though, as Richtofen says he tricked him.

The question you need to ask is how america had its own source of element 115 to begin with, or why Americans redesigned a ray gun from a certain Japanese blueprints, all the more relevant in the next map

They got their Element 115 from the Chicora Meteor Event in Pennsylvania, as referenced on the walls in Verruckt, which state the exact time and day of the meteor. As for the Ray Gun, they did it to gain superiority. They wanted the super weapons, which is why there's the Winters Howl, Teleporter base, Death Machine, and Thundergun in the labs of FIVE.

I have not played cod 5 in a while, but isnt there roads outside of Nacht (more like dug up dirt but its similar) that share the same shape as tranzit? And why is there a massive bridge behind nacht on tranzit, but it was a radi tower on waw?

I didn't notice the roads before, good observation!

Didn't know there was a bridge behind Nacht either... I've been too busy poking around the cornfields to notice anything else...

If there is a Mod reading this, please consider giving this thread a sticky. I feel like it's really gotten people's juices flowing again about how Nacht is connected, and I want to figure out why Nacht is so shrouded in mystery STILL.

Well many of the German scientists escaped up the Elbe River, including Steiner and about a half dozen others. We aren't sure what happened to Harvey Yena because he's only mentioned twice and they don't hint anything towards his future. We have a better idea for Peter McKay though, as Richtofen says he tricked him.[/qoute]

Thats a good point, stiener did escape and although he is linked to nova6 theres no proof he was a member of group 935 as far as i can remember? Which adds to the point all the scientists at der riese were all sworn to kill themselves incase of attack via cyanide pills (the only ones not included that didnt die at the der riese outbreak were those loyal to richtofen on the moon base, but as we know they met the same fate)

They got their Element 115 from the Chicora Meteor Event in Pennsylvania, as referenced on the walls in Verruckt, which state the exact time and day of the meteor. As for the Ray Gun, they did it to gain superiority. They wanted the super weapons, which is why there's the Winters Howl, Teleporter base, Death Machine, and Thundergun in the labs of FIVE.

True, and i do agree about the location, however why would german soldiers and scientists be writing american locations on the wall in blood? That always sat wrong with me (im rather a stickler for details in some respects)

Also as for the raygun, the only way the americans could have it was one of 3 ways as shi no numa was german occupied japanese base

1. Peter sent the scematics before he died there

2. Maxis shared information with hes contacts in america (much like he was working with the russians with the thundergun)

3. Richtofen gave the information himself to the illuminati when he was working for them

There's some great points being made in this thread!

I feel that it's not just a 'copy' or homage to the original 'Prototype' (But I'm not sold either way)

I think 3arc now have enough Storyline to include the map (that had no storyline) into our 'Accumulating Storyline'

That's my biggest disappointment with BO2 Zombies, there's not enough evidence of anything to develop ideas?

I've said it before, there will be some MAJOR plot twists in BO2, we are only in the middle of our story & so much more will unfold in DLC.

There's some great points being made in this thread!

I feel that it's not just a 'copy' or homage to the original 'Prototype' (But I'm not sold either way)

I think 3arc now have enough Storyline to include the map (that had no storyline) into our 'Accumulating Storyline'

That's my biggest disappointment with BO2 Zombies, there's not enough evidence of anything to develop ideas?

I've said it before, there will be some MAJOR plot twists in BO2, we are only in the middle of our story & so much more will unfold in DLC.

Amen

• Administrators

Well many of the German scientists escaped up the Elbe River, including Steiner and about a half dozen others. We aren't sure what happened to Harvey Yena because he's only mentioned twice and they don't hint anything towards his future. We have a better idea for Peter McKay though, as Richtofen says he tricked him.

Thats a good point, stiener did escape and although he is linked to nova6 theres no proof he was a member of group 935 as far as i can remember? Which adds to the point all the scientists at der riese were all sworn to kill themselves incase of attack via cyanide pills (the only ones not included that didnt die at the der riese outbreak were those loyal to richtofen on the moon base, but as we know they met the same fate)

You are correct in saying there is no absolute proof. With that said, however, there are heaps of circumstantial evidence. On the Project Nova campaign screen, it states that Steiner is a part of the Wunderwaffe Program and one can notice that it discusses all of the Wunderwaffe's in Germany, including Die Glocke, which I'm sure you've heard of.

"Element 115, Wunderwaffles, Die Glocke, ah fuck it let's just go kill some freakbags!" - Tank Dempsey in Der Riese

I'm unaware if you've read my other thread, but I encourage you to check it out: http://callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/ ... amp-Russia

True, and i do agree about the location, however why would german soldiers and scientists be writing american locations on the wall in blood? That always sat wrong with me (im rather a stickler for details in some respects)

Also as for the raygun, the only way the americans could have it was one of 3 ways as shi no numa was german occupied japanese base

1. Peter sent the scematics before he died there

2. Maxis shared information with hes contacts in america (much like he was working with the russians with the thundergun)

3. Richtofen gave the information himself to the illuminati when he was working for them

Shi No Numa has an unknown location, so it is unknown where it sat. However, the characters say Japan. The only land the Japanese lost during the entirety of the war, up until their surrender, was the Korean Peninsula (from what I can find), so unless Shi No Numa is there, the map has always been under Japanese control. My personal theory is Manchuria: http://callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/ ... ured-There

I think that the Americans got the schematics after going through Dr. Maxis' entire computer system data servant, Datenbedjensteter. After Rebirth Island, where we kill Steiner, the terminal states that the Americans received most, if not all, of the database.

If there is a Mod reading this, please consider giving this thread a sticky. I feel like it's really gotten people's juices flowing again about how Nacht is connected, and I want to figure out why Nacht is so shrouded in mystery STILL.

I am unable to sticky this thread because many threads have come in and out of here that got the juices flowing, so it wouldn't be fair to the others. Plus, with as many replies as it is getting, there is no need. However, if it begins to die down, I can move it to the Asylum where there are less threads so it will almost always be recognized. :)