Could T.E.D.D.'s quotes mean something?

MNM1995

This thought has just hit me. As many of you seasoned Zombie (or TranZit) players know, T.E.D.D. doesn't function properly, and often will call out bus stops that aren't actually on the route (i.e. Grand Canyon, Groom Lake, Bohemian Grove etc.). Now here's my idea... Are all these places actually hints from Treyarch as to where the next map(s) going to be? Most of the places listed are close by (i.e. Garnd Canyon is in Nevada, Behmian Grove and Groom Lake are in California etc.) The only exceptions are Grand Central Station in New York (Which is of course on te other side of the country) and the island of Hawaii (obviously not close by, also maybe a reference to Dead Island? That took place on Hawaii I think, and featured buildable objects? Just a thought). Could this mean that Treyarch has actually hinted at possible locations already? Also Pismo Beach is mentioned, again in California).

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to shoot down your theories entirely because you may be accurate to a degree. BUT if you listen to all the T.E.D.D quotes which are now easily accessible thanks to MRDALEKJD on youtube, you will find upon further research that each location mentioned has to do with SECRET GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS, BASES, OR EXPEROMENTS, NUCLEAR FACILITIES THAT HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN BUT REMAIN IN FUNCTIONAL ORDER, AND ANCIENT NATIVE AMERICAN LEGENDS. Now I won't break it down here for you but go to MRDALEKJD page on youtube he has done the work for you! after you get up to speed let me know what your theories are. Whatever the next DLC is...we WILL come across GOVERNMENT SECRETS. that i promise you.

I am not trying to shoot down your theories entirely because you may be accurate to a degree. BUT if you listen to all the T.E.D.D quotes which are now easily accessible thanks to MRDALEKJD on youtube, you will find upon further research that each location mentioned has to do with SECRET GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS, BASES, OR EXPEROMENTS, NUCLEAR FACILITIES THAT HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN BUT REMAIN IN FUNCTIONAL ORDER, AND ANCIENT NATIVE AMERICAN LEGENDS. Now I won't break it down here for you but go to MRDALEKJD page on youtube he has done the work for you! after you get up to speed let me know what your theories are. Whatever the next DLC is...we WILL come across GOVERNMENT SECRETS. that i promise you.

WelI I do know that TEDD also mentions the HAARP Research Facility, which if I remember right is also in Nevada, so maybe whatever government base we're visitin in the next map is in Nevada? But i'll have a look at the video when I can.

yea actually quite a few of the locations mentioned are in the area. but my theory is that because when we play zombies we are taken to the "green run" map selection globe with the single icon on it, we will most likely be globe trotting and not necessarilly be in the same area otherwise why the selection screen and why a full globe and not just a country map or continent map. I am not dissagreeing just throwin that out there.

• Administrators

I'd like to point out a few things, just minor corrections, and also state that the Bus Drivers name is not actually TEDD, that name is referenced nowhere in the game and isn't confirmed or mentioned outside the game. That is not his name.

(i.e. Garnd Canyon is in Nevada, Behmian Grove and Groom Lake are in California etc.)

Groom Lake is also in Nevada, not California.

WelI I do know that TEDD also mentions the HAARP Research Facility, which if I remember right is also in Nevada, so maybe whatever government base we're visitin in the next map is in Nevada? But i'll have a look at the video when I can.

H.A.A.R.P Research Station is in Alaska.

Now I won't break it down here for you but go to MRDALEKJD page on youtube he has done the work for you!

I'd recommend not going to his channel, and here instead: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=25277

I'd like to point out a few things, just minor corrections, and also state that the Bus Drivers name is not actually TEDD, that name is referenced nowhere in the game and isn't confirmed or mentioned outside the game. That is not his name.

(i.e. Garnd Canyon is in Nevada, Behmian Grove and Groom Lake are in California etc.)

Groom Lake is also in Nevada, not California.

H.A.A.R.P Research Station is in Alaska.

Now I won't break it down here for you but go to MRDALEKJD page on youtube he has done the work for you!

I'd recommend not going to his channel, and here instead: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=25277

His name may not be T.E.D.D. but I think it's safe to say everyone has taken to calling him it and i'll continue too :) Thanks for the corrections though, helpful. And decision time- Do I leave the power on and watch MrDalekJD's video or turn it off amd watch the video Tac linked me? I'll choose one eventually...

T.E.D.D. stands for something i cant remember.

I call h im the bus driver or t.e.d.d. the bus driver but he has his own personality and characteristics so i think thats why people have taken to naming him so easily.

i believe whatever zombie infested hole we end up at next will be another tranzit situation. i even feel so brazen as to go ahead and say i also assume that we will be able to (possibly through easter eggs i.e. nav cards) be able to continue the green run right into the next world some how.

but my reasoning is this;

in green run we are exploring and experiencing the clues across the 7 maps or so that are linked. i count the shed, the feild with the pilon and the tunnel, and its a unanymous consensus that we all feel like green run is yet unfinished or has something else to offer. it makes complete sense that in the new dlcs we get we will be exploring more extremely subtle clues in whatever maps they offer. such as a "route" with 3 or 4 or even 5 stops like tranzit but they will make a little more sense story wise.

for example (this being a complete shot in the dark with no evidence backing it) we may end up in an area where we have a nuclear facility where we travel from the refinement buildings to the train yard and to a gov't facility and then to the warehouse. maybe those dont make alot of sense to be near each other or relevant but im trying to make a point that somehow the locale themselves will be fleshing out the story. (say the nuclear facility was refining elements to get 115 which is highly radioactive and are shipping it via train.)

maybe we will be able to select "red run" or something on the map and start the tranzit situation there or greif or meat or whatever else but also be able to continue the "green run" tranzit right into aforementioned "red run". again....

ALOT OF SPECULATION FOR EXAMPLE PURPOSES...

BUT u get my point.

I have also considered they MAY further the story by incorporating other game modes into the linear zombies story. example of this being maybe we will play GREIF and one team will be our "new crew" and the other team may be another band of survivors or potentially gov't agents. who knows we may even see by the 3rd dlc that one of the main "new crew" characters is replaced by a previous enemy. just theories.

they have stated alot (3arc) that this is their most AMBITIOUS project so i expect great things to happen with it.

• Administrators

I understand that you all call him TEDD because everyone else does, however that doesn't make it correct. If it was somehow referenced like the name Avogadro, then I would be completely understanding. But, there is no source in the world that has referenced this name, and I'll be damned if one is found.

And decision time- Do I leave the power on and watch MrDalekJD's video or turn it off amd watch the video Tac linked me? I'll choose one eventually...

That link is not a video its a link to a CoDz forum post. Glad to see you actually clicked on it :D

The link I posted tells you all the same stuff Tacs link does except its in video form where someone tells you the information and shows you images. there is no difference between where I told u to go and where Tac did. Only How you choose to receive the info.

I agree that pictures tell a thousand words & video is a far better media. The only difference is that you made a post telling the forum to go to an outside source instead of linking an informative topic that is already covered. Tac posted that link because it is on the CoDz Forum written by a CoDz member not a Youtuber who lurked that thread and made a video about it without a shout out. (unlike Spiderbite who did) though all of the information is available if one wishes to research it.

There's something like 27 locations that THE BUS DRIVER mentions & that's too many for DLC. If you look at them collectively you will notice 3 distinct themes - Distasters - The Nuclear Age - Deep Underground Military Bunkers.

Im hoping that the next TranZit Map will be an underground military complex where our present story unfolds & more questions will be unanswered.

I understand that you all call him TEDD because everyone else does, however that doesn't make it correct. If it was somehow referenced like the name Avogadro, then I would be completely understanding. But, there is no source in the world that has referenced this name, and I'll be damned if one is found.

I on the other hand am not so forgiving. If everyone called him the Butt-Monkey, would you also call him the Butt-Monkey? Someone LIED to you by calling the Bus Driver that, who then lied to someone else who lied to someone else. Everyone calling the Bus Driver that is believing a bunch of lies. The same goes for "Him". The achievement specifically says that his name is "Him". The "Avogadro" only came from some fake leaked achievement. Maybe in Black Ops III, I should photoshop my own achievement list, calling the new character the "Teslatron"?!

• Administrators

I on the other hand am not so forgiving. If everyone called him the Butt-Monkey, would you also call him the Butt-Monkey? Someone LIED to you by calling the Bus Driver that, who then lied to someone else who lied to someone else. Everyone calling the Bus Driver that is believing a bunch of lies. The same goes for "Him". The achievement specifically says that his name is "Him". The "Avogadro" only came from some fake leaked achievement. Maybe in Black Ops III, I should photoshop my own achievement list, calling the new character the "Teslatron"?!

Calm down lad, it's only a nickname given for time's sake - the question on what to truly define either or can be discussed on a different topic. But I would like the name "Teslatron". :P

Anyhoo, I do find that the bus driver's quotes are directing us to think a certain way. Like PINNAZ had already mentioned, most of these are government facilities that are obscure/top secret and might be destroyed due to the rockets. Now you have a few exceptions like the Grand Canyon and Hawaii (which I'm sure is mentioned as well from what I recall). What we can collect from the random rollcall of locations is that this particular company and/or bus offers tours around the country and clearance to top-secret facilities apparently. Not to mention, the navigation is all screwy, so a direct location is not properly addressed.

This might be why the bus suddenly derailed into Hanford; if you look behind the Bus Depot at the very start of the game, you can see the bus pass by, drive over a ledge, through the lava pool in the corner, and back on the road. Maybe this was meant to have due to the programming of the GPS, but considering the bus keep making circles around the map w/o any change, maybe one of the locations pointed out by the bus driver can be considered our "next stop" for the current crew.

The name T.E.D.D. DID come from somewhere. it was not made up by the community, I forget where but I was aware of it before I started visiting sites and forums. Anyway This "His name is not T.E.D.D." argument gets us nowhere. whats the point in arguing his name aint T.E.D.D.? thats like arguing with people who call Black Ops 2, B.O.2 or BO2 we all know what we are talking about can we please move on? Plus not to mention that it stands for something associated with him. so if its an acronym or whatever thats relevant to him then it is still valid even if no one in game calls him that.

anyway this is my first forum im not familiar with the loyalties and the codes of conduct associated with references to outside sources or what have you so if referencing a youtube page makes me the asshole then i guess im the asshole. should i steal some one elses info and post it here so i can take the credit? or should i just do the work and give the original poster credit? ill just send ppl to where i found the information. not ALL information is posted here first so ppl are "trolling" youtube and posting here not the other way around.

• Administrators

The name T.E.D.D. DID come from somewhere. it was not made up by the community, I forget where but I was aware of it before I started visiting sites and forums. Anyway This "His name is not T.E.D.D." argument gets us nowhere. whats the point in arguing his name aint T.E.D.D.? thats like arguing with people who call Black Ops 2, B.O.2 or BO2 we all know what we are talking about can we please move on? Plus not to mention that it stands for something associated with him. so if its an acronym or whatever thats relevant to him then it is still valid even if no one in game calls him that.

If you can find proof of a reference to it by some sort of official source then by all means do so but I'm almost positive your efforts will be futile. MurderMachineX has looked, I have looked, and we have yet to find one. The argument is not pointless, because it's the spreading of false information which we've dealt with time and time again, and it's not helpful by any means. I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just saying that whenever possible, it's best to not spread something that is false, even as small as a name.

anyway this is my first forum im not familiar with the loyalties and the codes of conduct associated with references to outside sources or what have you so if referencing a youtube page makes me the asshole then i guess im the asshole. should i steal some one elses info and post it here so i can take the credit? or should i just do the work and give the original poster credit? ill just send ppl to where i found the information. not ALL information is posted here first so ppl are "trolling" youtube and posting here not the other way around.

The point isn't to try and prove this forums superiority, because we aren't superior to everyone, and we all know that. I was just saying that if possible, I personally find it best to credit those within the forum since we are a pretty tight-knit website and like to give credit where it is due. Now, I know that you got your information from him and not the site, so I can't say much in regards to that, it's just that Dalek has been proven to spread false information. I personally don't have an issue with referencing outside sources, because all of us get our information from somewhere, whether it be here, another website, or our minds.

I am new to this site and to forums in general. i am used to scouring the internet for sources that seem credible whether its a youtube page or codz. i also am not here to attack anyone or get into arguments. i understand where your coming from about false data being spread but thats why i signed up for this zombie community to learn something and also maybe teach something if im able. I didnt learn everything from internet i have done alot of in game research myself.

u are correct in saying there is not a shred of credible data saying that t.e.d.d. is his name. but like i said the acronym is still relevant and unless u have an official name u know of, i see no reason why we shouldnt call him that. i AM prepared to eat my words tho if i am wrong.

Can we put the whole "bus driver's name' argument to rest now, and the validity of some sources argument too please. It's going to get us nowhere and I do feel (not just because it's my post) that the locations the driver mentions may actualy be relevant to where we may go in future maps. If he does indeed mention Top Secret government facilities, ten it's possible he's wired to access them an maybe later maps will in some way involve re-wiring him to take us there or something similar to that? It all seems to similar to be coincidence, and you guys should by now know Treyarch- they never do coincidence in Zombies. My only concern to the Top Secret base idea is that it's already been done in Moon, what with us starting off in Area 51, and another thing Treyarch's Zombie Team wouldn't do is re-use an idea from a previous zombies map (I mean as in locations and gameplay features, because of cours traps, Hellhounds, teleporters etc. Are all re-used, but you don't see us revisitng Siberia again or using the Hacker again do you?).

Also, just for anyone who is curious, T.E.D.D. supposedly stands for "Technically Elaborate Driving Droid", but let that be the last mention of the whole 'what's the drivers name' argument please and thank you.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=21812&hilit=+HAARP HAARP is in Alaska.

ive known for awhile that T.E.D.D. ment something like that. thats why i am ok with calling him that and always put T.E.D.D. and not Tedd. Thats my only logic in calling him that. the acronym is relevant the name makes sense. anyway im not trying to argue with anyone and never was just trying to justify my actions and others who call him T.E.D.D.

The next DLC needs to happen! we will prob have to wait till MAY but hopefully an info drop will occur sometime between now and then.

This is all starting to remind me of LOST. I was one of the few people who watched the entire show ha. But about half way through the series ALOT of people were CONFUSED and everytime a theory popped up someone could shoot it down with a conflicting peice of data. I am starting to wonder if 3arc is doing this on purpose as well.

PS I have started a thread about the traffic sign DAY X /2 ME in ASYLUM if ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHAT THIS COULD MEAN PLEASE POST AND FILL ME IN ON YOUR THAUGHTS. THANKS

• 3 months later...