The "Useless" Church

TheOriginLife

Yes this is actually very important. Maxis refers to the "Spire" in ripped audio files. A Spire is generally part of a Church. If you watch this video (no fog on map, theatre mode) it looks as if there is something inside the top windows of the Church.

Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... jhyBt6fcA#!

There is even a window you can board up on the church. Which makes no sense? Because in that area the denizens still have access to you. Why would there be a window you can board up? Theres something we're missing...

You guys are thorough! I don't believe there is any significance. The map Green Run was hastily thrown together, because they were approaching the game's launch date and they were unfinished with development. Zombies and Multi player shipped with many bugs. The days after launch many of the multi player servers were down trying to correct bugs. Zombies mode was very glitchy. Green Run was not intended to have fog originally. The fog was added because the hardware wasn't capable of processing the amount of information correctly on such a large map.

If you do the "no fog glitch" you can see that even though the level is very detailed, the distant objects and textures fail to load in a big way, and this is an obvious flaw that would break the whole experience. This is most likely true for the EE also, it feels thrown together.

Do you have any sources for these 'statements? I don't doubt there were issues but they didn't put this map together hastily." Also the "hardware" could handle ten green runs. If you have played a battlefield map you would see what I mean. Your post has a lot of assumptions and accusations that I personally don't believe to be true unless you provide a source to back it up.

They didn't rush this map or it's EE. Although there are glitches, show me a game that didn't release with some glitches. They have their issues but I highly doubt they rushed and hastily put it together.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing a game last night, a simple tranzit game with some friends trying to get money back in the bank. I usually play with the voices off just to hear and see the game, of course this is very dangerous but I think its better than hearing the roars of the zombies.

we were hoarding zombies and I noticed something.

The bell rings very VERY randomly... too randomly....

whats even stranger is that every time the bell rung Lighting would apear overhead.

Not too the point that it was going to spawn but ever very so slightly in different areas.

Another Ring and the lighting grew even more, another Ringing noise and the lighting was everywhere and overhead like "It" was going to spawn.

The bell rung again and the lighting moved.

I don't know if it was a coincidence or that lighting was just messing with me but I could've sworn it moved from place to place.

The lightening does move from place to place. I'm not sure if it's tied to the church or not but it definitely moves. The way to make "Him" appear is to have the lightening above your area and kill the last zombie. He will then be in your area.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has already been discussed (first post here) - but the fact that HIM (the electric zombie) continues to respawn in games following completion of the ToB (where we destroyed HIM) leads me to think that we have to do something with HIM to activate the "tertiary node" referenced by Maxis. As a side note, I completed the Maxis side, so I am not sure this would apply to the Richtofen side or not.

Has anyone tried luring HIM to the Church and putting down a turbine and EMP'ing HIM? I have tried but keep getting overwhelmed before I can get an EMP off. I remember reading in one forum that they lured HIM there, and he appeared atop the church where we have seen posters of the lightning striking. Could be the third "node" we need to activate. Has anyone disproved this theory?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the most debated thing I've seen since the Hidden Radio/Sawn-Off Shotgun/Type 99/Hidden Room fiasco when Der Riese dropped ahah. Love it guys, but so far the game has been really surprising eg. hidden Glavas on Nuketown and the bank doors. both rely on enviromental interaction rather than your typical "hold X" scenario. There is probably tonnes we don't know and hopefully will know in the forthcoming future.

Keep Slayin'

-Delta

• 3 weeks later...

I know that people have been able to lure the Avagadro to the church and come up with nothing, but, has anyone tried to actually make HIM spawn at the church just like you would at the tower? Sorry if this has been discussed, I just came here from the official site because I feel more at home on this site. I am an avid hunter, constantly trying to find new things in every map. I usually play on solo because it's hard to find people that are on the same page. However, I feel there may be more people here that I could enjoy a mind challenging game with. That being said, add me on PS3 if you'd like.

PS3 - sirchiefington

I think he'll only spawn in the main areas like Depot, cornfield, town etc.. anythings worth a try at this point. In other words he would likely spawn in the town instead of at the church.

You say 'main areas' but the cornfield isnt as such a 'main' area. Well atleast not like -

Depot,

Diner,

Lab or power room,

Town.

Has anyone had the avogadro spawn elsewhere except these locations?

I hope we get to the bottom of this church soon!

I think he'll only spawn in the main areas like Depot, cornfield, town etc.. anythings worth a try at this point. In other words he would likely spawn in the town instead of at the church.

You say 'main areas' but the cornfield isnt as such a 'main' area. Well atleast not like -

Depot,

Diner,

Lab or power room,

Town.

Has anyone had the avogadro spawn elsewhere except these locations?

I hope we get to the bottom of this church soon!

Right but it becomes a main area as that's where the EE is at. He spawns there for sure. I've been standing at the church when I killed the last zombie at the end of a round with the lightening overhead and he just spawned in the town. I imagine if you were around the back of the church he would spawn in town still or at the diner and then make his way toward you.

I've always hoped there was more but I've literally played a thousand games on this map and haven't found anything new for months now. I'm hoping some changes come with further DLC's and the navcard and what not.

Good luck though, would be neat to still find something no one else has on this map!

• 2 weeks later...

ive been playing TranZit all week (tryna get my rank back up) and i was just searchin for things and i come across the church, first off i was just sittin in front of it punching denzins off my head. then sumthin drew my attention, the boarded up window...WASNT boarded so i walk to it and it says hold square to rebuild im like holy shit its rebuildable?! if this was already known sorry i just never knew it. and has anybody just stared at the door of the chruch? its WAY too small for people to walk in for a service...idk