What time is tranzit REALLY set in?

OctopusChokeslam

I still say it would make more sense like this for tranzit green run (see? Compromise! :D )

1960:kino,Assension.

2000ish--> cotd (ah I see the problemb, we must have gone to far into da future! Look the teleporter is compleatly broken!...) shangri la,

2020ish moon---> BOOM!

2021ish---> green run

Although in a linear fashion this makes sense, there's just no way to ignore the mountains of evidence that point to Moon being in the 60s and Green Run to directly follow it.

-Jolteon

What evidence? Sorry if you've already answered that question..

Well, if you read the rest of the thread there is a lot of discussion of it. I'm not 100% positive on the ins and outs of it all, I just know there is a lot of evidence :lol:

-Jolteon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guns may not be part if the storyline but you know what is? The characters. Marlton seems to know quite a bit about a few of the newer weapons found in Green Run. Not to mention these characters are clearly NOT from the 60's. The way Misty dresses, Marlton's overall knowledge about the modern weaponry and nuclear energy both fission and fusion (something they probably don't teach in college in the 60's). Neither of these characters are from a 60's time period. As for Samuel and Russman: I cannot find any discenible proof of what time they're from.

T.E.D.D. is not 60's either. Maybe his prerecorded software and overall looks are, but self driving cars are still a while away.

My point is; maybe Green Run is set in 2020's and it takes in a tourist attraction 60's town.

PS: Apologies for bad grammar/ spelling mistakes. Forum does not like my phone.

It's 2025, people. The only real evidence pointing to it being in the 60s are the diner and the bus stop looking 60sish, but really that's it. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best.

The fact of nuketown could also explain it, but think about it, we don't really know what time nuketown took place either.

I don't think a bus could be teleported randomly back through time. Richtofen can't just randomly do that crap. You guys are overthinking it. There's more pointing to it being in 2025 than not.

It's 2025, people. The only real evidence pointing to it being in the 60s are the diner and the bus stop looking 60sish, but really that's it. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best.

The fact of nuketown could also explain it, but think about it, we don't really know what time nuketown took place either.

I don't think a bus could be teleported randomly back through time. Richtofen can't just randomly do that crap. You guys are overthinking it. There's more pointing to it being in 2025 than not.

Actually we DO know when Nuketown takes place. We know it took place during the same time as Moon, and we know Moon took place in the 60's. Other than weaponry and perhps the bus/robot, there is not really anything to point towards 2025. Plus, if Green Run WAS in 2025, then it would have been 60 years since the nukes hit Earth. 60 years is a REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYY long time. There would be sign of SOME sort of recouperation. The map looks as if the nukes hit within the last few years.

-Jolteon

• Administrators

The problem is that COTD and Nuketown don't mix. COTD = around present time (no signs of earth being destroyed) . Nuketown = 60s (earth destroyed soon after nuke in mp). They just don't line up... so either nuketown has to be thrown out of storyline, or we have to accept multiple dimensions... so idk, it seems 3arc has messed up.

Not Necessarily. CotD is set 50 years AFTER Moon and TranZit. 50 years is a LONG time to try and rebuild. Besides, who says that Siberia was particularly badly hit? If I were Maxis and I were the one launching nukes at the Earth, I sure as hell wouldn't be aiming for Siberia. You'd aim for the super-powers. The USA, Western Europe and China. Siberia probably got away relatively unscathed by the whole nuking fiasco and so it is entirely plausible that CotD could still happen despite the progression of events in Moon and TranZit.

Believe me when I say Treyarch simply would not have made that mistake.

-Jolteon

It doesn't matter it CoTD was 1 year instead of 50 after Moon. CoTD comes before Moon when we play, so there's one indication the nuke hasn't gone off yet. Not to mention, when we time-travel, it creates parallel universes. My point is, everyone is bring up CoTD as evidence against things, and it simply isn't such.

Ok we all agree cotd isn't in the 60s correct? And as of now we have no means of traveling BACK in time permanently, but we know cotd is before moon! So let's say cotd is present day 2012 or 2010 techincaly was when it was released...

And then shangri la happens... There is time travel here... As the easter egg assures us... But none into the future!

But there is nothing telling us we aren't already IN the future In shangri la... But we know moon is durring 2025 and shangri la is immediately after cotd, and at most a few months before moon, so moon MUST take place in 2010-11ish but that can't be possible because moon is undoubtly in 2025, the future. So there for... Cotd is in 2025, shangri la is in 2025, moon is in 2025, nuketown is in 2025, and logically green run is 2026ish... As it does not take more then a year for a nonstop bus to drive around a traffic-less America to pick up 4 unplanned passengers and drop them off at green run...

Because remember, the bus doesn't go out of it's way to pick up people it doesn't know exist, it goes streight to green run and picks the 4 up along the way... And we know tranzit is in2026ish, because we haven't gotten to 2030+ yet and it's just not logical to bring that in anyways...

• Administrators

But we know moon is durring 2025

We do NOT know Moon is inm2025, in fact I'm pretty sure it's in the 1960's given the sign in No Man's Land that says 1960, as well as the banner in the back of the complex that commemorates a group that existed in the 1960's.

shangri la is immediately after cotd, and at most a few months before moon

Under what grounds? In Call of the Dead, Richtofen says they went too far into the future, so wouldn't that imply that they actually went back in time and not "immediately" afterwards? And yes it may only be a few months before Moon when we PLAY in the game, bu not when we are there. We could play on a map for 2 days and then go 50 years into the future, and still say it's 2 days after that map. So you're right and wrong in those terms, based on how you phrased it and what you meant to say.

We do NOT know Moon is inm2025, in fact I'm pretty sure it's in the 1960's given the sign in No Man's Land that says 1960, as well as the banner in the back of the complex that commemorates a group that existed in the 1960's.

Under what grounds? In Call of the Dead, Richtofen says they went too far into the future, so wouldn't that imply that they actually went back in time and not "immediately" afterwards? And yes it may only be a few months before Moon when we PLAY in the game, bu not when we are there. We could play on a map for 2 days and then go 50 years into the future, and still say it's 2 days after that map. So you're right and wrong in those terms, based on how you phrased it and what you meant to say.

I wish you would stop being so difficult... To be honest I'm going to stop posting on this thread soon...I realized recently I couldnt care less WHEN the maps happen, just as long as they happen in 2 eras: before dooms day and after dooms day... You all can continue to fight over in inconclusively because there is NO way to prove who's right unless trayarch themselves tell us, which is unlikely...

I wish you would stop being so difficult... To be honest I'm going to stop posting on this thread soon...I realized recently I couldnt care less WHEN the maps happen, just as long as they happen in 2 eras: before dooms day and after dooms day... You all can continue to fight over in inconclusively because there is NO way to prove who's right unless trayarch themselves tell us, which is unlikely...

If you make statements without proof then people are going to question them... Unfortunately for you there are a lot of people that DO care about the time the maps are set so getting involved in the discussion was going to provoke a response. As Tac said, there is no proof to anything so stating that Moon and Shangri La are 'clearly in 2025' was plain illogical.

-Jolteon

[i'll go back and read all the above posts to see what people think on this subject. For now, below:]

What I think is that either

A: The map is set in the future in an area where past ideals are common. Not exactly every place has updated with time. Castles still exist, but we are not in medieval times.

B: The map is in an alternate history of the future in past, if that makes any sense. Kinda like a conglomeration. This idea is really just a backup idea for the first if some kinks could be worked out of this idea.

There are many conflicting time issues within Zombies, but here's some dates from BOII

Firstly the Bus

I think the Bus is a '1959 era, GMC New look Bus'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_New_Look_bus

Patent - http://www.google.com/patents?id=aYZzAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false

I still haven't worked out the 'Colorado Number Plate' reference.

Bus Terminal

The Bus Terminal is based on 'Greyhound Bus Lines'

As Tac mentioned 'CCC' became part of 'Greyhound Bus Lines'

The issue that comes to mind is that the Consolidated Coach Corporation (CCC) changed its name. In 1931, The Greyhound Lines of Georgia was renamed to Southeastern Greyhound Lines (SGL) and sold to CCC. That same year, Greyhound gave CCC clearance to use SGL as a brand name. Then in 1936, CCC officially renamed the company to Southeastern Greyhound Lines. In 1950, The Greyhound Corporation bought SGL (formerly CCC), however the name did stay the same. My question is: Why is the Bus Driver still referring to it as Consolidated Coach Corporation if the name's supposedly been changed for almost three decades?

http://www.greyhound.com/en/about/historicaltimeline.aspx

Nuketown Location

I believe that Nuketowns location is the 'SEDAN' crater, & occurs in 1962, shortly after this detonation.

What Does 'SEDAN' mean?

NUKETOWN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(nuclear_test)

Storax Sedan was a shallow underground nuclear test conducted in Area 10 of Yucca Flat at the Nevada National Security Site on 6 July 1962 as part of Operation Plowshare, a program to investigate the use of nuclear weapons for mining, cratering, and other civilian purposes. The radioactive fallout from the test contaminated more US residents than any other nuclear test. The Sedan Crater is the largest man-made crater in the United States, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

'SEDAN' Crater

'Nuketown' close up

Nuketown Start Screen

The Clocks Time

As seen in many areas of 'Green Run' the clocks time is 7:49.

This is probably wrong, but interesting none the less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_1962

April 24, 1962 (Tuesday)

In a joint session of the Supreme Soviet in Moscow, Nikita Khrushchev was re-elected as Premier of the Soviet Union, and Leonid Brezhnev was re-elected as President of the Presidium. Khrushchev would be replaced on October 14, 1964 as both the Premier (by Alexei Kosygin) and Communist Party First Secretary, by Brezhnev.

The Soviet Kosmos 4 satellite, the first designed to cover the entire land area of the United States from orbit, was launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome at 1002 UTC. It would circuit the Earth for three days before returning with its data

April 25, 1962 (Wednesday)

The United States ended its moratorium on atmospheric testing of nuclear weapons at 10:45 pm local time near Christmas Island.

"We have created the first synthetic thunderstorm in space", NASA scientist Dr. Wernher Von Braun announced, after an American Saturn rocket released 95 tons of water into the ionosphere. At an altitude of 65 miles, explosives on the rocket were detonated by ground control, creating a 25 mile wide cloud of ice that was visible from Florida. Von Braun announced that electrical charges were detected in the ice mass.

In Moscow, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev informed the USSR's legislature, the Supreme Soviet, that the nation would need to replace the constitution that had been in place since 1936

April 26, 1962 (Thursday)

The American Ranger 4 satellite mission was not fully successful, but marked the first time that the United States was able to place an object on the Moon. A malfunction in the guidance system prevented Ranger 4 from sending back usable photographs or other data. Tumbling out of control, the satellite crashed (as planned) into the far side of the Moon at 7:49 a.m. Eastern Time (1249 UTC), after a 64 hour journey from Earth. Impacting at nearly 6,000 miles per hour, Ranger 4 was destroyed, but proved that the U.S. could land on the Moon.

The first British satellite, Ariel 1, was launched at 1800 UTC from the Wallops Flight Facility in the United States, and remained in Earth orbit until April 24, 1976. The United Kingdom and United States collaboration made the launch the first multinational space effort in history.

The A-12 Blackbird, prototype for the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird jet airplane, made its first flight, piloted by Lou Schalk, who took off and landed at the Groom Lake base in Nevada.

April 27, 1962 (Friday)

The USAF Special Air Warfare Center was activated at Eglin Air Force Base near Valparaiso, Florida.

The 3474 Linsley and 2334 Cuffey asteroids were discovered by Goethe Link Observatory at Brooklyn, Indiana, USA

But, there is also another clock at the spawn point, inside the 'Ticket Box' (next to the turbine workbench) that has the time '5:11' (I think, I don't have a screenshot uploaded yet)

Robotic Bus Driver

(Thanks to Shooter for pointing this out)

As for your "robot". While his movements might seem advanced, they are nothing more than complex animatronics. This is not some sure intelligent advanced robot some people see him as. He his simply an animatronic machine programmed to drive specific route, and to say Pre-recorded lines. Animtronics have been popular since the 1964 New York World's Fair, when an animatronic Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettyburg Address. It's a a robot folks, it's an anamtronic machine. I suggest anyone that doesn't know the difference to research before assuming this is an advanced robot, because it is not.

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, also known as The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, is the name of an attraction featuring an audio-animatronic version of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln. It was originally showcased as the prime feature of the State of Illinois Pavilion at the 1964 New York World's Fair. One year after its debut at the World's Fair, the attraction also opened at Disneyland, where it has undergone several changes and periods of hiatus through the years.

The original version of the attraction opened with the rest of the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964 as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

I wonder if there is some type of Disney/Illuminati thing going on?

A conflict of time era would be 'Misty's' clothing.

Surely a women in the 1960's wouldn't be dressed like that, even of she is a bit of a rough one? (IDK, I'm Australian.)

Thats all I can think of for now. Sorry about such a huge post, but there's many 1960's era time references.

@PINNAZ:

You didn't even mention the weapons. Plus, on the bus driver, the bus driver is NOT merely an animatronic. How so? He RESPONDS to your actions. He is an INTELLIGENT being. No one programmed him to curse. No one programmed him to tell you to run. He says things that are quite personalized. I believe the bus driver is a robot with automated functions. He has his directive, which he must follow no matter what. But he his own intelligence. I see it a lot like I see M.A.R.G.o.T. off of Fallout. The world was nuked, but she still maintained the presidential train, even though she knew no one rode it anymore; it was her purpose in life.

I do think Misty's "clothes" I use the term clothes loosely considering the fact that her upper body is basically fully revealed and clothes cover up, are a big indicator that TranZit isn't set in the 60's. Women back in the 60's had some decency to cover up compared to women these days.

@ MMX

I am just throwing some dates out there of when these 'Real Time Life Experiences' Occured. Though Zombies should not be confused with factual occurrences, 3arc don't just make this story up. They take on many real life events.

When you say I didn't talk about weapons? I haven't really researched the weapons in any of the maps, but I understand that there could be conflicts with build dates.

Do you mean EMP Granades at all? Because Tesla figured out Electro Magnetic Pulses as weapons around the early 1900's. Look up at some of his weapons.

Also in regards to the bus driver, he keeps on stating "GPS". These timeline dates don't really match either.

The GPS project was developed in 1973 to overcome the limitations of previous navigation systems,[1] integrating ideas from several predecessors, including a number of classified engineering design studies from the 1960s. GPS was created and realized by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and was originally run with 24 satellites. It became fully operational in 1994.

His conspiracy quote locations, some weren't thought up until the 1990's.

And did you not read the part about Misty's clothing. She is wearing a baseball cap?

Thanks for critising a few points but not mentioning any of the others.

I'm not sold on any Zombie Timeline dates. I really hope there's a good explanation & Time dimensions aren't a factor, but Richtofen has already stated that they are

I just like Shooting Zombies mate :P

@ MMX

I am just throwing some dates out there of when these 'Real Time Life Experiences' Occured. Though Zombies should not be confused with factual occurrences, 3arc don't just make this story up. They take on many real life events.

True.

When you say I didn't talk about weapons? I haven't really researched the weapons in any of the maps, but I understand that there could be conflicts with build dates.

Well the weapons are meant to be in the 2020's. They highly contrast with the setting around them.

Do you mean EMP Granades at all? Because Tesla figured out Electro Magnetic Pulses as weapons around the early 1900's. Look up at some of his weapons.

Well, no. I would accept EMP Grenades, had they been developed by an advanced research program ahead of its time, but they appear in campaign and multiplayer has 2020 technology.

Also in regards to the bus driver, he keeps on stating "GPS". These timeline dates don't really match either.

The GPS project was developed in 1973 to overcome the limitations of previous navigation systems,[1] integrating ideas from several predecessors, including a number of classified engineering design studies from the 1960s. GPS was created and realized by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and was originally run with 24 satellites. It became fully operational in 1994.

His conspiracy quote locations, some weren't thought up until the 1990's.

And did you not read the part about Misty's clothing. She is wearing a baseball cap?

Thanks for critising a few points but not mentioning any of the others.

Those were good points. I wasn't ignoring them, I just didn't specifically say anything about them.

I'm not sold on any Zombie Timeline dates. I really hope there's a good explanation & Time dimensions aren't a factor, but Richtofen has already stated that they are

I just like Shooting Zombies mate :P

^Responses in bold.

What about the possibility that this is an alternate reality in a meshed timeline kinda like Land of the Lost?

EDIT: @Tridalo: While most "civilized" folks wouldn't dress that way, culture can affect things. I say it is POSSIBLE that a small-town country girl could do things like play with the pigs or walk around half naked without anyone really caring.

Sorry MMX if I was rude at all, I wasn't trying to be.

I think 3arc are just Trolling us with Time/Dates in order to create discussoons like this. :lol:

An Alternative Reality is more than likely. Or as someone has stated, it's all just a dream of Samantha?

Once again, Treyarc has given us more questions that answers.

There are so many questions in regards to the history of the characters, especially now that we have the character 'Abigail Misty....... So now when will 'Emeila' become involved?

Sorry MMX if I was rude at all, I wasn't trying to be.

I think 3arc are just Trolling us with Time/Dates in order to create discussoons like this. :lol:

An Alternative Reality is more than likely. Or as someone has stated, it's all just a dream of Samantha?

Once again, Treyarc has given us more questions that answers.

There are so many questions in regards to the history of the characters, especially now that we have the character 'Abigail Misty....... So now when will 'Emeila' become involved?

You were fine. No worries.

Lol perhaps.

I don't subscribe to the dream theory. I've never liked that idea personally. It basically just amounts to "none of this even really happened."

Who says her name is Abigail? Even if it was, Americans weren't allowed in 935.

Let me be straightforward here. The guns DO NOT have any merit to the storyline. That's been common knowledge for a LONG time around the forum. Aside from Wonder Weapons and special grenades, the weapons are strictly there for gameplay purposes. Don't believe me? Well then explain how a American military issued M16 ended up in a secret German theater facility? Or why there were Cold War era weapons in a map based during WW2? The list goes on and on. If you try to connect the manufacturing date of each weapon to the actual map, you're going to end up with 20 dfferent possible dates . You can choose to base your theories on the weapons if you'd like, but it is extremely weak evidence to go on IMO.

As for your "robot". While his movements might seem advanced, they are nothing more than complex animatronics. This is not some sure intelligent advanced robot some people see him as. He his simply an animatronic machine programmed to drive specific route, and to say Pre-recorded lines. Animtronics have been popular since the 1964 New York World's Fair, when an animatronic Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettyburg Address. It's a a robot folks, it's an anamtronic machine. I suggest anyone that doesn't know the difference to research before assuming this is an advanced robot, because it is not.

Sp as far as the guns and bus driver being reasons why it cant take place in the 60's, I'm not convinced. It was a common belief before Black Ops 2 dropped that Moon did take place in 2011 or 2012, but now we just have too much evidence that points to the 60's.

[*:19mw5k2h]The cars, building, streetsign etc all match the 1960's timeframe.[*:19mw5k2h] The bus' license plate states Colorado 1960.[*:19mw5k2h] No Mans Land occured sometime in the 1960, which coincides with Moon. [*:19mw5k2h] Maxis' bomb hits at the end of Nuketown, a map that takes place in the 1960. [*:19mw5k2h] No current technologies are present in TranZit.

While it's still unclear exactly what time TranZit occured, it's becoming harder and harder to deny that Maxis' bomb, and therefore Moon, occur sometime in the 1960. And if the blast did occur in the 60's, I have a hard time believing The events of TranZit take place more than 50 years after Maxis' bombing. Richtofen states he's still getting used to the Aether when the match begins, indicating the events of TranZit take place immediately after the bombing, placing the events of TranZit in the 60s as well.

I would have like to go into more detail as provide some links, but I just got to work and have to use the IPhone to post.

I agree with the guns having no emphasis on the time, I mean look the thunder gun was available in one of the BO storyline missions for example. And with all of the teleportation etc too.

@PINNAZ:

You didn't even mention the weapons. Plus, on the bus driver, the bus driver is NOT merely an animatronic. How so? He RESPONDS to your actions. He is an INTELLIGENT being. No one programmed him to curse. No one programmed him to tell you to run. He says things that are quite personalized. I believe the bus driver is a robot with automated functions. He has his directive, which he must follow no matter what. But he his own intelligence. I see it a lot like I see M.A.R.G.o.T. off of Fallout. The world was nuked, but she still maintained the presidential train, even though she knew no one rode it anymore; it was her purpose in life.

Sorry if i stray from the original thread here for a second, but do you think it could be possible that Maxis could be some how communicating through the bus driver?

@PINNAZ:

Sorry if i stray from the original thread here for a second, but do you think it could be possible that Maxis could be some how communicating through the bus driver?

In fact, I think that Richtofen is the one controlling the bus driver. The main reason is because of his eyes, they are the exact same color as the eyes of the zombies controlled by Richtofen.

Long time reader and I must say that I really enjoy what you guys (and gals I assume)do here. Very interesting.

My two thoughts on this subject:

1. I agree with one of the posters in the thread who says that this is all taking place in an alternate reality. Why? Well, its a world in which nuclear weapons were launched from the moon (obviously not reality). Its like our world but different. This means that many of the things listed as being "wrong" could be perfectly "right" in the alternate reality in which Tranzit takes place.

2. If the events of Tranzit take place in Hanford, Washington, it is perfectly acceptable for the town to be stuck in whatever time it is stuck in compared to what time Tranzit takes place. It was a town and area taken over by the government in order to test top secret nuclear research. It is a ghost town like all the ones in the old west in that one day people just left and everything remained the same. But unlike these old west towns, Hanford was used for testing and other crazy things which is why the ghost town has some hidden secrets (like the power plant etc.)