Staff Meeting 7/14/12 Results

Tac

• Administrators

Hey guys, Tac here with an overview of the staff meeting we had this morning! On this date, 7/14/12, we discussed a TON of things about the community and because of this, I decided it would be best for me to share it all with you!

1. GIF’s in Signatures and Avatars are going to be case-by-case based on the staff member.

- We've got plenty members that are using image files known as GIF's, or moving images so to speak. With the new signature rules of only 5 lines and the fact that the GIF's slow down our site, they are generally frowned upon in signatures but may stay as long as they are not intrusive. They will be allowed to stay, virtually un-frowned upon, in avatars as that is the ultimate sign of a users personality, other than their words. This does not, however, mean that we will not ask you to edit your signature or avatar if it becomes to distracting, large, or intrusive, therefore it will be determined image to image.

2. Previous Winners may win UOTM again, 3 month grace period. Staff is being decided later.

- There has been so much talk about the User of the Month recently that it was brought up at the meeting for obvious reasons. We decided that previous winners should have no reason not to win the award again, as long as they are not winning it constantly. Because of this, we have implemented a 3-month grace period becoming effective as of this upcoming race, July 2012 UOTM. Due to the general lack of staff members at this meeting for several personal reasons, we have decided to vote on staff next week when we can get a "full" vote, so to speak.

3. All previous and future UOTM’s receive 100 brains as a “good job” so to speak.

- User of the Month is a great competition in my opinion, it brings out the best of users and lets them feel appreciated, and therefore we are offering a larger incentive to win User of the Month. We are giving all future and previous winners 100 brains upon winning the award.

4. Bring brains system down from 5 to 2.

- Many users feel that the brains system is a bit off and needed to be fixed. Some, including myself, feel that there are only so many users that impress them on a regular basis, and because of the previous restrictions they could not give the proper amount of brains they felt were deserved. Because of this, I brought it up and we decided that instead of being able to give brains to the same person every 5 times, it is now 2. That means, after giving brains to two people you may go back and give brains to a previous person. Also, to clear up the rumors, it is ONE hour before a user can give brains from one person to the next.

5. The Community Center

- Ehjookayed has a great post on this that I highly recommend you read all of, but if you wish not to, I will describe them below.

5a. Deep Thought

A list of what goes in this section:

- The congratulatory and appreciation thread

- Collection of users' threads

- Deep thoughts that relate to the individual

- Stories and questions about/for users

- Intense discussions for community members

- Community speeches

5b. Forum Games

- I brought up the Forum Games because of a thread made by Jake Duck. From there, it blossomed into a conversation about the Community Center as a whole.

A list of goes in this section:

- Forum games zombie/site-related

- Things for fun zombie/site-related

6. MEDALS :D

- Medals are pretty fun, I think we can all agree, and while I can't give you guys any hints to what the medals will be, I can assure you that they are pretty awesome, bringing over 10 medals to you soon! Some may or may not be tiered, making it about 15 variations! Wait, I've said to much! No, please!

*Tac's screams are muffled as he is dragged away*

Anonymous: "Tac will not return unless you, the community, show any questions, concerns, or comments you have." :evil:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Looking good. Any news on this super-secret project that can be revealed??? ;)

Haha, but seriously, I really like the changes you've made, especially to UOTM, Brains and the Community Center. Great job as always.

-Jolteon

Hahaha, Havana can't be detailed yet, even though images and names were leaked :P But we spent a long time in this meeting, I think all of us are proud on the progress

Wow I think all of the improvements are great. The giving of brains is definitly something that has needed a change up for a while, and now I wont need to try remember who I owe brains to. UOTM changes are great (brains are just the icing on the cake). Best of all NEWWWWWWWW MEEEEDDAAAAALLLS. Great work guys, keep it up

Great to see that there has been at least one giant step by allowing previous winners to re-enter for UOTM again. I'll still push for the staff to be included, but next month will definitely broaden up the list a bit.

Great work, Staff. ;)

• Administrators

I love every change here! It is so cool to see my idea implemented on the site, it's such a good feeling. :)

Thanks for posting it! This goes to show that staff do actually listen to you guys and what you have to say :)

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

You guys should definitely do a monthly/bi-monthly communication like this post. This is extremely informative and I think we would all like to know what changes are being made to the site (if there are any). Or current needs from the community, new policies, ect.