~Official Medals List~ (Updated 1/15)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brony/MLP fan (for the zombshes)? We have a grammar nazi one :)

I keep pushing for one but Covert keeps saying no...the zombshes medal is good proof as to why we need one...that medal also totally has nothing to do with the site...I don't see why we can't have a brony one with how many people are :twisted:

I personally really don't think we should have a MLP medal.

The Zombshes one has a lot of merit....there is a slight stigma with girl gamers which is complete bullshit.

I have no issue at all with those that watch it and don't think you should be judged in anyway....but a medal for it?

This is a zombies forum guys.

There should also be a medal for those who are/were apart of the staff added as well. ;)

Why? Staff are keeping their usergroups

Aye, but just like how UOTM current or past, are rewarded a medal for being one. If you are currently staff or was previously on the staff, their should be a nice shiny award for that as well. Besides, they are a user group. Might as well make awards for all groups. The staff will keep their colors though, however.

Also, seriously guys, the MLP idea isn't going to happen... The "Zomb-shes" usergroup may have not directly relate to CoDz, but the purpose of having that is to salute and appreciate the females of CoDz for spreading not only Zombies "fanboyism", but fanGIRLism. May sound a bit skew, but it's simply because there just isn't very many gals out there, spreading the zombie love, so CoDz encourages those who do.

That's more relevant than some medal for a fan club that is completely, irrelevant.

I personally really don't think we should have a MLP medal.

The Zombshes one has a lot of merit....there is a slight stigma with girl gamers which is complete bullshit.

I have no issue at all with those that watch it and don't think you should be judged in anyway....but a medal for it?

This is a zombies forum guys.

Kinda leads back to my point.. theres a grammar nazi medal, so how is this different? Its more common as well [brains]

Also, they're medals on a forum, are they that important to you? ;) A bit of fun doesn't hurt once in a while :D

I think you misinterpret the idea of the medals system a bit good sir. While yeah, the idea of introducing the medals system was for a new and fun way to display your site achievements and honorable notations as well as narrow down the user groups from making the site look clustered, but also properly display more than one general accomplishment, because that's what a lot of these user groups are/were, personal accomplishments that directly related to the forums or zombies. Even the "Grammar Nazi" medal, more of a "Misc" type of award, that generally says "spell rite, dammit!" and passively encourages proper grammar. Nothing more. That's technically not all that irrelevant, you type every time you post. Plus "Nazi", zombies, Nazi Zombies, eh? eh? ;)

I don't really like where this thread is potentially heading.

As I said whilst I respect people have the choice to discuss whatever they want, watch what they want and do whatever the hell they want, this is a public facing forum.

Treyarch watch this, we are only going to gain more members and I do not believe that having an MLP medal awarded out makes us look good to the 'MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO WILL VISIT'.

They want to see zombie stuff....if the first thing they see is people arguing about MLP, or people being given a medal for liking it....what are a lot of people going to think.

However open minded a lot of our members are and accepting, the world isn't like that.

I'm sure we have MLP fans on here who would not let their school friends, and maybe even family members know they like the show due to the stigma attached.

CODZ is not here to help remove that stigma from people's minds, we are mainly here to talk about zombies.

I do realise how much MLP has helped some of you, even a few back from the brink of death.

The world is a harsh place though, and too many people are judgmental over things like this.

I think you misinterpret the idea of the medals system a bit good sir. While yeah, the idea of introducing the medals system was for a new and fun way to display your site achievements and honorable notations as well as narrow down the user groups from making the site look clustered, but also properly display more than one general accomplishment, because that's what a lot of these user groups are/were, personal accomplishments that directly related to the forums or zombies. Even the "Grammar Nazi" medal, more of a "Misc" type of award, that generally says "spell rite, dammit!" and passively encourages proper grammar. Nothing more. That's technically not all that irrelevant, you type every time you post. Plus "Nazi", zombies, Nazi Zombies, eh? eh? ;)

WaW -> Nazi's

I see your point though [brains] I was thinking the same thing... Just making a point, remember it was just a suggestion, like your idea of usergroup medals, which I'm also behind :D To those who disagree, remember some people may have more than one group while others may end up leaving a group or losing it...

Also @Chopper, as I said, it's a bit of fun, a friendly suggestion :D But it seems recently a lot of friendly suggestions are being taken the wrong way as you said :? Good to see someone who disagrees approaching this without the words: "This is a stupid idea"!

With all due respect to the pony lovers, they make it well known buy putting it in their signatures and avatars already. Yes, we have a few misc medals... but they're all related to the forum. I for one wouldn't accept a medal just because I love watching reality shows, or because I run my own small business. As Liam has already stated, medals are for achievements and are all related to the forum, which happens to be a zombies forum, i.e. medals are not for personal interests or hobbies.

With all due respect to the pony lovers, they make it well known buy putting it in their signatures and avatars already. Yes, we have a few misc medals... but they're all related to the forum. I for one wouldn't accept a medal just because I love watching reality shows, or because I run my own small business. As Liam has already stated, medals are for achievements and are all related to the forum, which happens to be a zombies forum, i.e. medals are not for personal interests or hobbies.

I agree with that for all medals except Grammar Enthusiast medal, if we have that medal then I don't see the difference between having a brony medal...we have a lot of people on here that would have it. And I don't think this topic is headed in the wrong direction, everything posted is just suggestions and rebuttals...just opinions and no arguing, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm just putting my opinion out there.

I agree with that for all medals except Grammar Enthusiast medal, if we have that medal then I don't see the difference between having a brony medal...we have a lot of people on here that would have it. And I don't think this topic is headed in the wrong direction, everything posted is just suggestions and rebuttals...just opinions and no arguing, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm just putting my opinion out there.

The way I see it is that the Grammer Entusiast medal encourages making high quality posts that are easier to read and make the forum look better. The MLP medal would only say, "Hey, I watch My Little Pony, can I show this on a zombie forum?". I have nothing against people who watch the show, but I don't watch it myself. It just doesn't make sense to me, it's like being rewarded for watching SpongeBob.

As for the ZombShes medal, I really don't understand how that could be used to debate the MLP medal. Being a girl is something completely different from watching a TV show. It was a usergroup, so it was turned into a medal like Survivor and Veteran were.

• Administrators

I think that the Grammar Enthusiast medal can be great and difficult. They will promote the users to post higher quality posts and get them more aware of their posts, but I think it will be difficult to determine who is eligible. I mean is it someone who generally posts logical and coherent things, or is it someone who has every word and sentence grammatically correct down to the 't'. Are they allowed to have misuse of the word their or do they always have to be flawless? I just can't think of what would rightfully determine what makes someone a Grammar Enthusiast.

I don't think anyone really knows just what qualifies someone to be a "Grammar Enthusiast" really. Which is probably why the medal will (hopefully) be scrapped. Plus, medals are supposed to be "earned" more or less. And this specific medal is more of one that I could see possibly working out if it were only rewarded when recommended to you by someone else. The problem here is, everyone seems to think THEY qualify, therefore everyone will have the medal. That's not true, or the point honestly.

• Administrators

See it could work out only when you are nominated by someone else, like you said. However, I can totally see that going wrong by someone's friend just nominating them as an excuse to get a nomination.