CODZ youtube - NEW INTRO IN ORIGINAL POST (opinions please)

Chopper

Too true Grill.

However I don't think we are problem, it's more the moderators/whoever runs the channel (no offence).

There's no point giving vids unless there's a plan made, a motion that we know will happen. Someone who can assure that this will happen and it won't fall apart.

If we can make this work, CoDz will also be on the YouTube scene.

So I think that the channel should run similar to PTG, Machinma, etc. Just a community channel. The video will be anything Zombies mode. Anyone from CoDz can make a video for it. However, in order to prevent spamming and stay on the safe side, one person, or a select few will have the password to the channel, to upload the submitted videos.

Once uploaded, all credit will be given to the person who made the video, essentially promoting them. Links and annotations will link to their channel.

What I believe this will achieve is more activity on the forum and YouTube scene. The main prerequisite will be to be a member of CoDz. Some rules for that will be needed though, like you have to be a member for a while first.

All in all, it will be a simple community channel to showcase CoDz as well as its members talents.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rissole - I really like where your heads at and I'm fully supportive. I would be more than willing to help provide content, maintenance, or ANYTHING in regards to the youtube page - and I'm sure there are tons of talented trusted individuals on CODZ who could do the same thing.

speaking of mods - damn, i've barely seen ANY of them lately. are they all on vacation? or have they just given up?

Thank you for the reply Way.

But it's been what, 4 or 5 days since you made that reply, and still no one has offered insight? Not even a "We are reviewing it right now".

Even worse, it's been more than 2 weeks since Grills first post. Site News should always be the priority at replying. Just because it is Site News. It's Chopper's thread, yet his been active everywhere else but here (No offense Chopper).

It's the things like that, that make me think the staff don't even care.

Until there is a high quality intro available, we can't upload anything.

The one I originally did just won't really cut it, and I have neither the ability or time to do what is required.

If anyone else can, then we can start uploading stuff.

Until there is a high quality intro available, we can't upload anything.

The one I originally did just won't really cut it, and I have neither the ability or time to do what is required.

If anyone else can, then we can start uploading stuff.

Totally understandable. Here's what I propose:

For $10 - $20, we can buy a "stock" intro that will be very high quality. All it really requires is 20 members donating $1. If that is a problem, I'll donate the money myself.

Here is a great site for youtube intros: http://www.intromaker.net/catalog.php

Here are my favorites: (the logo at the end would obviously be the CODZ logo. Also keep in mind we can ditch the audio and come up with a theme, or a EE song, or whatever.

nSISUDNGdZo

067ejaF4Okk

TkRJY3ryeY4

ponu4392iZE

AGEUHlCwRMM

MdAejjv_iA0

ZpQb7lTLk9Y

R2eZ8ONRcF4

Regardless - youtube is all about being timely. If we are not timely, we will lose the fan base that we have - 800+ subscribers took a long time to build I'm sure. Obviously the best solution would be a 100% custom intro, but I feel like that's just not a possibility. It's been YEARS and we still haven't come up with something we're happy about - so why not just get a stock intro?

we could have a poll vote for which intro(s) we like the best.

I loved the original idea put up here with the TOP SECRET style manila folder. Feels very Black Ops to me.

SUc5VZ-KIQo

I don't care for the second part of it though. The two pieces just don't go together. The type writer sound is great, but just needs to be cleaned up. Not sure why more wasn't done with it. Surprised to see one year later, this project hasn't gone anywhere.

- Mix

okay - well chopper made that intro, and he just stated above it's not high quality enough and that he doesn't have the time to work on it. This is going to continue to go nowhere if we don't try something new.

Sometimes you just have to eat your babies.

But I'm not saying we scrap the custom intro...

We could get the most fitting intro, and then work on a custom one in the meantime. We officially cannot put content out unless we have an HQ intro. At the moment, our custom HQ intro is in development. Do we really want another DLC to go by unmentioned?

It's been said above, but I'll say it again to demonstrate my point:

the last video is how to pre-order nuketown zombies.

there is NO content from Black Ops 2.

Shouldn't we fix that as soon as possible?

It is literally an intro away.

What if we don't use an intro? Get you right into the video. I understand why though, so the only alternative to that would be a symbol on the video saying CoDz. But that might actually conflict with actual user videos.

Ideally if we're using an intro, we want it short. I hate when it takes more than 10 secs, so I find around 5 seconds to be the ideal length.

What if we don't use an intro? Get you right into the video. I understand why though, so the only alternative to that would be a symbol on the video saying CoDz. But that might actually conflict with actual user videos.

Ideally if we're using an intro, we want it short. I hate when it takes more than 10 secs, so I find around 5 seconds to be the ideal length.

I don't think it would conflict with user videos, because all videos will be approved - right? Maybe I'm not getting what your saying...

Yes 5 seconds is key. I'm going to use a couple of examples from my post above, but this time provide some context:

This one has blue electricity, similar to Richtofen's - I think it could work great. Also take note that the logo displays well by the 5 second mark.

TkRJY3ryeY4

This one has the orange/black feel of TranZit & BO 2's color scheme in general. Logo is displayed well by the 3 second mark.

AGEUHlCwRMM

Those are the 2 most relevant intro's I could pick out of the bunch I gave.

In terms of differentiating videos, whoever is loading to Youtube could simply put text in for the title/series/episode. We could all agree on a font that is CODZ-ish and use that (hopefully this has already been thought out before and someone can just pop in and say "gothic bold" or something :lol: )

What I meant Grill was that if we put a logo in a corner, it might conflict with people who also put there logo's in said corner. But I don't think it matters, because an intro would be better.

Your last comment Grill, I don't think that will work. It would just be to much time and effort to make slight changes to each one. I think one for everyone would do well for now, and than maybe in the future we could look at different options and such.

Last year I dabbled a little bit in intro's. But not much though. I just downloaded a template, change the text and colours, as well as my own sound for it. Different from others, but you would be able to tell it's a stock template everyone could use. I ended up stopping using it.

If something doesn't come up soon, I could try that again for this. The problem is finding a worthy template for CoDz. It would have to have some mystery, or something to do with zombies, or blood.

I wanted to bring up something else. How will we organize people uploading? As in, would we create a schedule were these peoples videos will be uploaded on that day only, so to give everyone equal viewing?

Or would it be a first come, first serve thing where you just upload the video whenever? The problem with that is say Person A might have tons of stuff, so he uploads for 6 days. Person B uploads only on 1 day. Person A would get more coverage, and stuff, and essentially be seen as the face of CoDz Youtube.

Now there not the only options, just a couple I thought of. But with that, some exeptions might have to be made around the days new info is released, or the day after a new map for example. If a schedule was made, it wouldn't be on during those days. So everyone could make an EE tutorial if they wanted. But whether it is chosen for the channel might depend on certain factors.

Anyway, my main point there is wondering what you guys think about a possible schedule, first come-first serve, etc and more?

• Administrators

A schedule can only work if everyone agrees to it. They are very easy to mismanage, and be quite troublesome if you're off by even one particular time/day. The first come, first serve basis will work accordingly because it forces other uploaders to pick up the slack and match the rate in which videos are shipped out. In no way am I promoting speed over quality.

If it really is bothersome to have that, then perhaps make the videos strictly by the consensus of the original uploader (one who manages channel) via filters. This means:

[*:36n3vlrm]no duplicate videos
    [*:36n3vlrm]guides for Easter Egg steps must be covered in a maximum of two parts (unless it hasn't been solved yet)
    [*:36n3vlrm]strategies, persistent upgrades, and new discoveries can only be uploaded once [ex. Buddha Room, dragon rooftops]
    [*:36n3vlrm]storyline discoveries (or anything related to it) must be conveyed efficiently in one video and cannot be replicated

Filters such as these will repeat repetitive videos and trivial content that does not benefit anyone other that the uploader.

Ithinkmore of the second thing. clogging up the channel with a bunch of duplicate videos.

codz has clout, it has authority, I think people will want to submit their videos to the channel. especially when it gets a little traction.

who actually runs the channel?

I say post some videos sans intro until we get one, just get it going....I'm actually going to talk to a friend who is a big electronic cigarette reviewer on YouTube to see if he can do something for us.

make it awesome to submit your video to the codz channel, elite, prestigious, and a great opportunity for the creator to get their name out there.

there is a draw there, potential, but nothing will happen if nothing gets started.

^^

What Caddy said. We may as well start doing some now, getting a feel for everyone. Learn what to do and not what to do before the big guns come out.

I know a user had the channel, but I forgot who. But if there aren't any objections, maybe Way and Chopper could handle the channel and stuff, possibly even another (Andrew?). Only if they want to of course though.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,

I'm very interested in helping out you guys. Just putting that out there... I am always streaming on the go and always trying to find the newest zombie informal videos. Iv been posting a few things on my channel and trying to get vids out to the community for the ones that have questions. I thought I would let you guys know rather than not saying any thing at all.

Thank you,

RequixEclipse

So I know we're supposed to be waiting for an intro, but I really think we should start now, at least privately. No one will see it unless you give them the link, and it really needs to be tested and worked out before you can even begin.

That said, is an intro REALLY necessary? I mean, will it truly make a difference if there isn't one? If ownership and people stealing it is an issue, than we could just do a CoDz watermark logo. Similar to what Milo does or the other big youtubers like Ali-A.

I 100% agree we need to start right away. It just seems pointless waiting for an intro because no matter what there will ALWAYS be somebody unhappy with it. Personally I liked the second of the two posted by Grill, but I'm not sure what others think of that.

Another thing, you have a huge amount of users that are willing and able to get involved. Myself included. I specifically have two days of my week dedicated to making YouTube content and doing YouTube based work. Currently I spend both days on my personal channel, but I am more than happy, hell I would be exstatic, to change things around so one day is dedicated to my channel and one day is dedicated to CoDz. Secondly, I recently stopped posting Call of Duty content on my channel so I have a backlog of videos and ideas and theories and such just waiting to be created and uploded. Plus I really want to get back into the Call of Duty world but all of my Subscribers are subscribed for Pokemon content so it would not work at all... Haha I sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but I genuinely think I can benefit the channel :lol:

I also liked Rissole's idea of Way or Chopper handling the channel. They both have experience, and are probably the best minds for differentiating between beneficial content and content that should be left out.

I think CoDz needs a solid discussion about all this. The YouTube channel is clearly something that we all want to get going ASAP, and there are a bunch of people willing to be involved and that have expressed interest. I mean think about it... Who has the best strategies around? CoDz does. Who has the best theories around? CoDz does. Who has the best damn community around? That's right. CoDz does. Who has some of the best players in the world in that community? CoDz does. Let's show the world what CoDz is made of; and show the world we are the best damn Zombie slayers around.

-Jolteon