Zombie rage attack! My top 10.

Hello MegaAfroMan here! Bringing you another contemplation on the game we all know and love as Zombies. Unfortunately I do not have any mind blowing theories, or life saving strategy guides, but instead would like to hear your input on what makes you rage in a game of zombies, be it solo or multiplayer, map related, AI related, or player related. I will go ahead and state my top ten reasons for raging.

10. Host migration. I hate it, everyone hates it. I have not found anyone who can say "I love host migration!" There is no real reason it has to be as bad as it is. And with the rarity of mics out there when you stumble into a lobby of 3 talkitive players with decent records you know that in a few short seconds you will watch the timer tick down to the dreaded migration...

9. Split-screeners. I do not know what any of you may have experienced, but to me it seems like every time I enter a lobby with a player who has a guest, they never ready up. Ever. I have waited 15 minutes once. No longer. I give them 3 at most. Usually not even that unless they have an amazing score AND a mic. They never ready up! Gah!

8. Dud grenades. I have not had this particular issue in a while, however I can recall several No Man's Land games where I would throw the grenade and never see or hear from it again. It would seemingly vaporize into the air upon release. In most maps this is not a big problem, but in NML it is a huge issue, especially when you had an amazing start of around 2800 points via knifing only...

7. Thunder gun fails. Seriously, why does this even have to happen. It is a waste of ammo, and can seriously risk lives. It makes you feel awful with your jaw wide open as you stare at the Game Over screen seeing the round counter just one round from beating your previous record. Stupid Thunder Gun. Next time I'll stick with M&S.

6. Gersh fails. When you throw a Gersh device and accidentally bump the controller and send the Gersh flying out of the map, not only does it not work as intended, but to rub it in even more you get to hear the demonic laughter of Samantha taunting you for being an idiot. This is why I never revive Richtofen in Moon matches. The only form of payback I can get.

5. Kill stealers. Some people quit instantly, others really do not care either way. I personally get excessively annoyed by them. During the early rounds there are (almost always) 4 windows, and 4 players. Do the math. Some times they decided to go buy the M14 or Olympia right off the wall on round 1 and run around killing everything. Seriously? Is that necessary? Funny thing is though, most of the time by round 3 they are almost always at the bottom of the scoreboard in points. You'd think they'd learn...

4. Mud room. Oh I hate this room with a passion. The few times I have played this map, this room always gets me killed! I will be running from a horde or chasing a monkey and it will decide to spit me right back out in the direction I came. Or occasionally right as I decide to pass through a Napalm will spawn and immediately suicide. Game Over. I hate you mud room. And your little dog too!

3. Flopper fails. Oh PhD, how I love thee. Except, when you decide to ruin my game! Some times you decide to completely fail me and I end up dying on the ground surrounded by Zombies, while you continue singing your little song in the background mocking me... It really is hard to forgive you sometimes....

2. The astronaut zombie. This guy. Yeah. Him. He is the reason several of my games have gone horribly wrong. I could be all fine and dandy returning to the Bio-dome after doing the Easter Egg, or teleporting, or stopping the excavators and walk right into him. Bye bye perk. Or even worse, when he decides to instantly spawn right on top of me and go into a rapid death swing severely injure me, grab me, and hold me while I get beaten to death by the other undead around me. Not cool. He is so unpredictable. One moment he will be slowly hopping towards you, the next he is freaking out in a corner flailing his arms, and the all of a sudden he will become the Michael Jackson from hell and rapidly moon walk towards you at extreme speeds. There really is no cure for this madness either, as he will always respawn at some point. Never will you ever truly get rest. Next time he moonwalks, play Thriller and realize that Treyarch intended this. This IS the zombie experience at its roots.

1. Obnoxious double hits. Or triple hits, or sometimes even 6 or 7. The point is they are awful. You can be holding off this window on round 3, trying to look impressive when suddenly... "RAH!" *thud* "Damn it!" You are downed by the zombie or two that decided to give you the best high five you have ever seen. Even delayed double hits are awful. With out Jug you are cautious right? You wait for the red mark to fade away before knifing that last time and he hits you once and you quickly learn that you should have waited just a half second longer. Sometimes the game decides to be absolutely horrible about obnoxious double hits and likes to tell you "you just got pwnd!" by smacking you so hard your character bounces off of the ground and twists around as he dies. Thanks. Like I didn't already know what happened. Well Treyarch congrats. You have made my day.

Well, I hope you enjoyed it, and I am sure at least one of you can relate. :lol:

Feel free to share your own, or comment on mine! Until then, happy slaying!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha it's funny and true.

I agree with what you said about Gersch and the double hits especially.

I once wasted 3 on Moon when I threw them normally but they floated up and out of the map WTF?!

And the ThunderGun does glitch sometimes. One time I was playing around with my mods ad I was in this corner and forgot to turn on god mode, and I got stuck in this corner and blasted 3 times and they were only stunned! I hate when that happens :(

:lol: good post mate. Double hits are infuriating. Thundergun fails I've learned to deal with, shame if it fails on you when you're really relying on it to save you ass though.

Though as a PC player, I can't help but think host migration would be a blessing in some cases since we don't get it. It's always the first player in the lobby who is the host, regardless of how piss-poor their connection is.

Cool post!

The host migration irritated me like hell ;) As hands says, we don't have that.

What I understand by host migration is, that if the host leaves ingame, one of the other players is chosen as host and the game continues, instead of ending the game. And yeah, I'd love that.

b83rt34mY8g

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Yeah, the BO1 stuff got messed up.

Superhands Solo Zombie guide is just under the generic Black Ops forum. It used to be general gameplay. I'm not sure when this weird mess occured, but it happened.

MegaAfroMan Should fix that. *cough cough*  :P

The thing about the thundergun is that sometimes if you point-blank a train, the one or two zombies that are closest to you survive. Like, WHAT? And naturally they get those few hits on you when you're reloading. Plus if you already took a few hits and fired the thundergun as a panic escape, those last hits after the blast are what kill you.

It's like how one building is left standing at ground zero when a nuke goes off.

Edit: so I didn't read through the subsequent conversation or the date before posting. This is embarrassing. XD