Zombie Survival Tip - Why I Keep a Claymore Pile [VIDEO]

MixMasterNut

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give that a resounding "meh". Claymore piles can be nice for that, but at very high rounds it can force the game to screw up and boot you.

Especially in Moon, a better strategy is just keep a pack-a-punched wall gun (*ak74u*). I went to 45 the other day with a friend, we never once went out of ammo. We both had Ray Guns, I had zap guns and 74fu2 and he had HK and RPK. We'd get our full spawns, run them together, wave gun, then repeat. When I hit half ammo with the Wave Gun, we'd just use our regular guns to kill, and every time we got a drop before we ran out, threw a gersch and hacked it.

I keep a spikemore pile in Shangri-La, but on other maps its not as useful. Ascension flopping is a breeze, same with COTD. Kino and FIVE have ammo rounds, traps, and without hacker getting a random drop isn't especially useful anyway.

I'll give that a resounding "meh". Claymore piles can be nice for that, but at very high rounds it can force the game to screw up and boot you.

Yeah, I covered that part in my less than 2 min video. Its not like people hit those rounds often anyways

Especially in Moon, a better strategy is just keep a pack-a-punched wall gun (*ak74u*). I went to 45 the other day with a friend, we never once went out of ammo. We both had Ray Guns, I had zap guns and 74fu2 and he had HK and RPK. We'd get our full spawns, run them together, wave gun, then repeat. When I hit half ammo with the Wave Gun, we'd just use our regular guns to kill, and every time we got a drop before we ran out, threw a gersch and hacked it.

I run M&S instead of AK74u2. I find Stamina up is a better perk on Moon than MuleKick. Something I picked up from Swask2's gameplay.

At this point in the game I had completely run out of everything. No Gersh devices, no M&S. Nothing. Maybe I screwed up hacking the previous drop or something, because I do what I can to avoid this situation.

At this point my options were either:

a.) Drop my PAP'd Wavegun or M&S for a wall gun.

b.) Phd Flop my way to a drop

c.) Use up those claymores I've been stockpiling, and otherwise would probably never use.

I pick option C

I keep a spikemore pile in Shangri-La, but on other maps its not as useful. Ascension flopping is a breeze, same with COTD. Kino and FIVE have ammo rounds, traps, and without hacker getting a random drop isn't especially useful anyway.

On Ascension I save my claymores for the monkeys.

I've died too many times to failed flop attempts on Ascension and CotD to say it's a reliable alternative. Instead I rather look for another alternative before resorting to flopping.

Yeah, I covered that part in my less than 2 min video. Its not like people hit those rounds often anyways

I'm at work, I watched with the sound off

I run M&S instead of AK74u2. I find Stamina up is a better perk on Moon than MuleKick. Something I picked up from Swask2's gameplay.

At this point in the game I had completely run out of everything. No Gersh devices, no M&S. Nothing. Maybe I screwed up hacking the previous drop or something, because I do what I can to avoid this situation.

At this point my options were either:

a.) Drop my PAP'd Wavegun or M&S for a wall gun.

b.) Phd Flop my way to a drop

c.) Use up those claymores I've been stockpiling, and otherwise would probably never use.

I pick option C

Well the first point is that you're running in solo, in multi I would always recommend finishing the EE on moon, so you don't have that problem.

With the Wave Gun, I do not really see the value of M&S. They are the most useful to clearing a path, since they don't have a large ammo reserve. But lets assume you hold onto them anyway. You have hacker, and thus you have a 4th option.

Hack flopper, grab mule kick, grab mp5k or 74u until drop, then switch back. This would be easiest if you have a Gersch to make sure you can actually have time to hack it (because there will still be zombies around), but honestly I don't know when you would use a Gersch in solo if it wasn't specifically for this case (or maybe turning off an excavator).

Using claymores might be a better option here, and I'm not doubting the validity of it, but I think in the longer term (50+ games, where this is especially relevant) they aren't very useful.

The reason I suggest it as such is because drops are based off the points accumulated in the round. If you are using Mustang and Sally with a Wave Gun, you're not getting enough points to trigger significant drops in the first place, regardless of your claymoring versus flopping. Using a wall weapon to just point whore until the game gives in is the only reliable method I know of it actually get the drops you need when you need them.

Good work.

As I see already in this thread, I think it is a matter of taste if you like claymores or not - and also for what you wanna use them. But it is good to know about that strategy and try it out in case you haven't yet. Anyone can decide individually, if this fits the personal style of play, or if you rather like to buy mule kick and a wall gun, respectively if you wanna flop, or if you wanna drop your current gun.

Good work.

As I see already in this thread, I think it is a matter of taste if you like claymores or not - and also for what you wanna use them. But it is good to know about that strategy and try it out in case you haven't yet. Anyone can decide individually, if this fits the personal style of play, or if you rather like to buy mule kick and a wall gun, respectively if you wanna flop, or if you wanna drop your current gun.

Tom, been enjoying your vids. Still trying to make Shangri La work. Lord, does it produce tools to work with. It may be the worst multi map in the game. But I'm getting better. As for the OP. Brains. Great post. Been using this more and more. Like building a Panic Room for yourself. And every time I tell someone in the game, they use it before the round is up. :lol:

Someone needs to run these trains. Get to work.

• 3 weeks later...

With the Wave Gun, I do not really see the value of M&S. They are the most useful to clearing a path, since they don't have a large ammo reserve. But lets assume you hold onto them anyway. You have hacker, and thus you have a 4th option.

Hack flopper, grab mule kick, grab mp5k or 74u until drop, then switch back. This would be easiest if you have a Gersch to make sure you can actually have time to hack it (because there will still be zombies around), but honestly I don't know when you would use a Gersch in solo if it wasn't specifically for this case (or maybe turning off an excavator).

Using claymores might be a better option here, and I'm not doubting the validity of it, but I think in the longer term (50+ games, where this is especially relevant) they aren't very useful.

The reason I suggest it as such is because drops are based off the points accumulated in the round. If you are using Mustang and Sally with a Wave Gun, you're not getting enough points to trigger significant drops in the first place, regardless of your claymoring versus flopping. Using a wall weapon to just point whore until the game gives in is the only reliable method I know of it actually get the drops you need when you need them.

I have to disagree with this mate. As mentioned in my written Moon strategy, all you need to do is just throw a Gersch Device when you've used all of your Wave Gun + Zap Gun ammo - you'll have made up enough points to drop a powerup from at least one of your Gersches, at any given round. I mean look at Ascension - even after round 100 using nothing but the Thundergun to get kills, when you're out of ammo on that you kill the next few waves with Gersches and normally drop something, useful or not. And that being with the 300 point cap on a shot of Thundergun ammo.

It's also a great idea to keep hold of the M&S - as you won't need to be killing with anything other than the Wave Gun, there's no pointin having anything else, and the Mustang & Sally is the single most effective weapon for taking out the Astronaut when he's glitching out because of a Gersch Device.