A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Tac. :)

Thank you Edward. Well let's first look at Grief. Is it canon? Well look who you play as: the CDC and CIA. Those are very specific teams. You're not just Team 1 versus Team 2 or Red versus Blue. You are specific teams. That implies there is a story with these two groups, especially with all the info we already had on the CIA. Furthermore, Nuketown has ONLY the CDC and CIA. Therefore shouldn't the CDC and CIA in Grief count too? Also, Richtofen speaks throughout Grief. And, not counting Dempsey's breaking-the-fourth-wall quotes, pretty much all quotes count as canon. Then Turned came out, and we thought it was just a spin-off. However, Richtofen's quotes were added. And they are not just "Max Ammo!" and stuff like that. They are in-depth quotes. Some of them span a few sentences. Also, Turned and Grief confirm that Richtofen has the power to bring life, which was first seen as a fact in the opening of Die Rise.

So, the PC sound files have been released. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=29592

So I looked through them, and I found six quotes of interest. I'm going to add them to the storyline. 3 are from Maxis. 3 are from Richtofen. I'll edit this post with the change when it is finished.

EDIT: Here it was before:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Richtofen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Maxis~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P67R.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman decided to go look for a device that could spray liquid. They found various parts of the Sliquifier lying around the sweatshop and put them together. They then used it to spray acid on one of the balls.

Maxis was not pleased at all and practically disavowed the survivors. Richtofen was overcome with joy and told them to continue. So the survivors used the Sliquifier to spray acid on the other ball.

Richtofen was very pleased and told them that they needed to make a blood sacrifice. The survivors put together a Wireframe, Bellows, Flag, and Engine to make what they called the Trample Steam.

Richtofen admired their cleverness in death automation. So the survivors placed a Trample Steam in a good location facing the Spire on top of the sweatshop.

They placed another.

Then they placed two more.

Zombies began running into the Trample Steams, and the Trample Steams would fling the zombies to their deaths at the Spire.

After finally flinging enough zombies, Richtofen told them that they had flung enough and told them to use the Galvaknuckles to electrocute the four supports of the Spire. They found that it had to be done in a certain order. The order was recorded in mahjong tiles found in the two buildings. After finding them, they determined which order in which they needed to be hit. Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman punched the four supports of the Spire with the Galvaknuckles in the correct order, successfully powering the Spire for Richtofen.

[/td]

P67M.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman decided to get the Ballistic Knife and upgrade it. The upgraded Ballistic Knife, known as The Krauss Refibrillator, they knew could revive people.

Maxis commended them on obtaining the weapon. Richtofen sulked in silence. The survivors went to the room with the Buddha engraving like Maxis had said and began to kill zombies there.

After killing enough zombies, Maxis repeated what he had said about reincarnation. So the survivors used The Krauss Refibrillator.

Maxis was very pleased. He stated that killing the zombies and using that weapon had released a lot of energy within that room. He told them to bind energy around the Spire. So the survivors put together a Wireframe, Bellows, Flag, and Engine to make what they called the Trample Steam. They placed one Trample Steam.

They placed another.

Then they placed the other two. All four were arranged into a cross around the Spire.

Maxis told them to place the balls on the Trample Steams. So they did, and the Trample Steams flung them back and forth, creating a field that contained the energy.

Maxis told them to use the Galvaknuckles to electrocute the four supports of the Spire. They found that it had to be done in a certain order. The order was recorded in mahjong tiles found in the two buildings. After finding them, they determined which order in which they needed to be hit. Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman punched the four supports of the Spire with the Galvaknuckles in the correct order, successfully powering the Spire for Maxis.

Here it is now (look towards the bottom):

[td]P67M.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman decided to get the Ballistic Knife and upgrade it. The upgraded Ballistic Knife, known as The Krauss Refibrillator, they knew could revive people.

Maxis commended them on obtaining the weapon. Richtofen sulked in silence. The survivors went to the room with the Buddha engraving like Maxis had said and began to kill zombies there.

After killing enough zombies, Maxis repeated what he had said about reincarnation. So the survivors used The Krauss Refibrillator.

Maxis was very pleased. He stated that killing the zombies and using that weapon had released a lot of energy within that room. He told them to bind energy around the Spire. So the survivors put together a Wireframe, Bellows, Flag, and Engine to make what they called the Trample Steam. They placed one Trample Steam.

They placed another.

Then they placed the other two. All four were arranged into a cross around the Spire.

Maxis told them to place the balls on the Trample Steams. So they did, and the Trample Steams flung them back and forth, creating a field that contained the energy.

Maxis told them to use the Galvaknuckles to electrocute the four supports of the Spire. They found that it had to be done in a certain order. The order was recorded in mahjong tiles found in the two buildings. After finding them, they determined which order in which they needed to be hit. Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman punched the four supports of the Spire with the Galvaknuckles in the correct order, successfully powering the Spire for Maxis.

Maxis was very pleased, and he thanked them, calling them humans. However, Richtofen was furious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Richtofen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ||| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Maxis~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P67R.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman decided to go look for a device that could spray liquid. They found various parts of the Sliquifier lying around the sweatshop and put them together. They then used it to spray acid on one of the balls.

Maxis was not pleased at all and practically disavowed the survivors. Richtofen was overcome with joy and told them to continue. So the survivors used the Sliquifier to spray acid on the other ball.

Richtofen was very pleased and told them that they needed to make a blood sacrifice. The survivors put together a Wireframe, Bellows, Flag, and Engine to make what they called the Trample Steam.

Richtofen admired their cleverness in death automation. So the survivors placed a Trample Steam in a good location facing the Spire on top of the sweatshop.

They placed another.

Then they placed two more.

Zombies began running into the Trample Steams, and the Trample Steams would fling the zombies to their deaths at the Spire.

After finally flinging enough zombies, Richtofen told them that they had flung enough and told them to use the Galvaknuckles to electrocute the four supports of the Spire. They found that it had to be done in a certain order. The order was recorded in mahjong tiles found in the two buildings. After finding them, they determined which order in which they needed to be hit. Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman punched the four supports of the Spire with the Galvaknuckles in the correct order, successfully powering the Spire for Richtofen.

Richtofen was very pleased, and he thanked Samuel. However, Maxis was furious.

So what do you guys think?

Hey guys. Sorry to post back-to-back, but I have something I'd like to say.

First of all, I had a major update. The story itself didn't change much, but look at the references on the bottom. In fact, I have some intel down there which has since been REMOVED from the internet. (Thank you very much Infinity Ward...) You can thank me for saving it. ;)

Also, look at this thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=28438

This guy had a lot of interesting things to say. PINNAZ trusts everything he says is true, and I trust PINNAZ. So yes, I will take this guy's word for everything he says. Unfortunately however, Dragon has since gone AFK. So contacting him further seems to be out of the question. The information we do have seems to be notable. For the record, I'm adding him as a contributor for this. I'd ask his permission like usual, but he won't respond, so I'll default at yes since this information would have been impossible without him.

The information in particular is the Hotel. Turns out it really isn't a hotel at all. In fact, one of the signs says "International Zombie Center". That is quite intriguing. I'm hoping we can reevaluate what this building's intentions were. The Sweatshop I think we have down, but this other building is a bit more baffling.

Dragon originally posted some help on the Mahjong tiles & N,S,E,W written in Chinese to help with the Die Rise side quest. I thought I'd post some screenshots to see if he could take his time & interpret them. I asked a person I work with & he interpreted them in about a minute. He had no zombies background, hence why I wanted someone to take their time to respond. Everything Dragon responded with, was what I had been told, Dragon was just more detailed. So I do believe the interpretation to be correct.

I don't know how much story relevance 'International Zombie Center' has though? I thought it was just for a laugh? But keep it in mind.

Since when has Treyarch included transcriptions in a map that were meant to be overlooked? Never, at least as far as I can remember.

I think that the building as a whole was not an International Zombie Center. I think it was a skyscraper with different floors devoted to different things, kinda like a mall. I think one of the outlets in this building/mall was the International Zombie Center. What did they do? Who knows. Whether or not they outwardly gave information about zombies or not, I think it can be suspected they knew of zombie stuff, given its connection with Perks and the Sweatshop.

That's a very good point MMX.

Like an office for information on what to do in the event of a Zombie outbreak, or something like that. :lol:

Maybe it had some important information that we collected. I was trying to think of something from the side quest.

Lol. Thank you.

I think there's many possibilities. But I think they can be narrowed into three categories:

1. It was a place for conspiracy theorists to talk about the zombie apocalypse.

2. They were seriously on to some incriminating zombie evidence.

3. Zombies were a known fact to exist.

#3 comes from my insisting that this map is in the future, but I do think it is the least likely option. I think it may have been #2, portraying itself as #1. I say this because of the shady connections between the two buildings.

• Administrators

1. It was a place for conspiracy theorists to talk about the zombie apocalypse.

2. They were seriously on to some incriminating zombie evidence.

3. Zombies were a known fact to exist.

1) Like some kind of conspiracy convention? Seems reasonable.

2) But why in a hotel? I understand that the Chinese characters may say that this is not the building that it seems to be, but of all places to coordinate such evidence/research?

3) Zombies have been around since the Nacht der Untoten days; approximately 70-80 years if we were to assume that Die Rise takes place near 2025.

Though I do like the idea that it is some type of zombie research organisation (looking into the outbreaks), I had a quick fly around Die Rise & noticed that there is more than one 'International Zombie Center' sign.

Each sign is on a different building.

One is on the Sweatshop building -

One (actually 2 stacked on top of each other) outside the restaurant -

One on the building that is the reused (half) Jin Mao Tower -

So once again I'm partial as to what should be taken for story evidence or reused images?

Well that proves that the International Zombie Center was more widespread than one outlet. It also enhances the connection between the two buildings.

EDIT:

So I think we need to stop talking about these two buildings as separate things. Yes, they are two buildings with different purposes, but the International Zombie Center encompasses both of them. You could say Great Leap Forward is the International Zombie Center.

Also the sweatshop is a sweatshop. But it also has that sign, so it is International Zombie Center as well.

Meanwhile, what does the other building have? A lot. But it basically seems to be a mall. A multi-level shopping mall. One of the outlets is the International Zombie Center. I see the International Zombie Center as a sort of Gamestop. This is because we can see multiple signs and because it has "International" in the name.

So... the question is, do they know what they're doing? I think so. They made the parts of the Sliquifier, they seem to have ordered Perks (all the moving boxes in the sweatshop). The Jumping Jacks had to come from somewhere. And why else would there be sooooo many SDC people around?

EDIT AGAIN:

Recap:

What I think is going on is that the International Zombie Center is a worldwide organization, like the new Ascension Group, or the new new Group 935. However, unlike those two groups, this one is purely corporate, not military. (But it seems they contract out to the military, i.e. SDC). I think they know A LOT about the zombie stuff, which would explain many anomalies in Die Rise. However, the only way I see them being in a mall is to low-key it, disguising themselves as merely a fanatical conspiracy organization to attract people who today predict zombie apocalypses.

I think you'll like this MMX

Hey Dragon if you still check this thread. (or anyone else)

I'm trying to find out who this guy is?

I know that the Chinese writing says wanted & at the bottom of the poster it has a $ amount for reward. I've only played the campaign once, so I don't know if this was used in it. Thanks in advance.

Wanted = 通缉

Okay, so ive in the game and i still cant recognize prefectly even though ive set the texture to EXTRA.

So here's what i can read, the words i cant read wont matter much believe me, the general idea is clear.

=======================================

WANTED

This is a wanted man. XXXXXXX (7 words i cant figure out, i infer that its about where the man usually appears)

He did everything evil. He carries weapon(s) of mass destruction.

He is a dangerous man carrying weapon(s) of mass destruction, and he is suspected to be a ZOMBIE.

For anyone who give us clues or help us capture this man will be rewarded 50000 Yuan.

=======================================

Interesting Points:

Weapon(s) of mass destruction?

a Zombie?

50000 yuan award, which is a big number before the 1990s

Regarding the International Zombie Center:

I'm going to play the devils advocate (because I really do want it to be something significant - logic just keeps getting in the way though...), but International Zombie Center to me sounds like an example of westernization.

Now if this were true, it would confirm that the map took place after 2000 - or even more likely in the future.

Think about American culture at the moment, we're OBSESSED with cryptid creatures/monsters. Vampires, werewolves, ghouls, and ZOMBIES.

This International Zombie Center could have been an eccentric shop where Chinese youth's bought zombie themed hats, t shirts, energy drinks, key chains... you name it - carried over from Western Culture's current obsession.

so yeah - at the moment, this makes the most sense to me... and as I said above, this means that DIE RISE happened after 2000 BECAUSE of shows/movies like "The Walking Dead", "Twilight", etc. . I acknowledge "The Walking Dead" was a graphic novel before a show, but I would argue it reached far more of the American population as a show on AMC - thus being one of the main cultural impacts (among many others).

Regarding the "wanted guy" who is a zombie:

I'm not quite sure what to make of this yet. A stab in the dark would be that he's involved in The Flesh or perhaps even just accused of cannibalism, but others have already suggested this. I'm interested to see if we can extract more evidence from this.

I agree with what you say, GRILL, about zombies being in the culture of the Chinese in modern-future times.

I think that saying that someone is a zombie is such an outrageous claim. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I want a second opinion before I even CONSIDER such a thing.

EDIT: Btw, I just used Google Translate and Chinese-Tools to confirm that it IS the International Zombie Center.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zzq4ja.jpg

I agree with what you say, GRILL, about zombies being in the culture of the Chinese in modern-future times.

thanks!

MMX asked me to try and provide some more images in terms of our "wanted' individual. What you'll find below is a version with the colors ramped up, that same version but with the sharpness ramped up, and then a black and white with a purple tint. The purpose of the purple tint was to darken the letters, so's to make the shapes more discernible. I'm really not sure if this is any better quality than PINNAZ's but hopefully it helps:

color

color / sharpness

b&w / purple tint / sharpness

Dragon read that in-game, not from my screenshots.

He is a PC player & said he had his graphics turned right up & that was the best he could read.

It's very hard to clearly see the words in-game but it's interesting it says the man was believed to have WMD's?

What to make of this? Member of 'The Flesh?'

@Flammenwerfer: The straight line on the bottom of the first symbol is on the right side, not the left.

@PINNAZ: I find it very hard to believe that it actually said that. It would be one thing if anyone could actually CONFIRM that what he says is even partially true. It would also help if he didn't refuse to answer questions.

I think it is likely, if it DOES say "zombie", that the verb is something else entirely. Like he "has" a zombie, or he "eats" zombies, or he "makes" zombies. Not "is" a zombie. Many Chinese symbols can be translated as multiple words.

Thanks GRILL. But sadly I learned nothing. I know what "zombie" is in Chinese now. It is 丧尸. However, I cannot see it in that poster. But the letters are quite blurry. If the poster does in fact lack the word "zombie", then this poster is almost definitely Tian Zhao, I think.

Is this it?

yeah i think you got it there flammen.

I said no...

But actually I retract that. That could possibly be it. It is hard to tell though because of the blurriness. I just looked at the symbol in different fonts, and it turns out the mass of the pixels themselves can be subverted to the right side, like perhaps here, rather than the left, as seen when drawn with perfect lines.

We need Dragon to ascertain he got the verb correct.

@Flammenwerfer: The straight line on the bottom of the first symbol is on the right side, not the left.

@PINNAZ: I find it very hard to believe that it actually said that. It would be one thing if anyone could actually CONFIRM that what he says is even partially true. It would also help if he didn't refuse to answer questions.

I think it is likely, if it DOES say "zombie", that the verb is something else entirely. Like he "has" a zombie, or he "eats" zombies, or he "makes" zombies. Not "is" a zombie. Many Chinese symbols can be translated as multiple words.

Just followed PINNAZ's link to here.

I can say that this sentence would be translate to "He is a ZOMBIE", no doubt.

Here's the CHINESE on it : “?(can't figure)怀疑是丧尸一名”

I said no...

But actually I retract that. That could possibly be it. It is hard to tell though because of the blurriness. I just looked at the symbol in different fonts, and it turns out the mass of the pixels themselves can be subverted to the right side, like perhaps here, rather than the left, as seen when drawn with perfect lines.

We need Dragon to ascertain he got the verb correct.

I will type in CHINESE, if you want to check them, you can go to Google Translate.

---------------------------------------

(Words cant figure i will use "X" to replace.)

此人是通缉犯,在XXXXXX

无恶不作,XX(this can be a key verb, however it's too hard to be seen)大杀伤性武器。

此人是危险人物,有大杀伤力武器,X怀疑是丧尸一名。

对提供线索的XX人XX有功的单位或个人,将给予50000元。

----------------------------------------

Hope it helps!

Archived