Things to look for in Der Riese... [UPDATED]

strange-bow7

Hey guys, whatsup! First off let me say thanks to the members who are active on this topic, I think it's awesome that so many people are eager to crack this case, so much so that I thought I ought to come back and Update this post with the things that we have found so far.

So taking into account what we already know about Der Riese and people's scepticism about there being more to The map than we already know, I thought I'd compile a list of all the interesting things that are lying around the map that could lead us to uncovering more secrets within 'The Giant'...

*Note* I am not suggesting that there is definatley anything more to this map nor am I trying to convince anybody of it. I am merely writing this to HOPEFULLY point people in the right direction in case there is.

Okay so I'll do a run down of all the things that stand out as something that could possibly warrant further investigation and add it to a list of things i beleive need to be ivestigated so we can get a DEFINATE yes or no as to wether there is anything left to find on Der Riese - hopefully we can reveal a bit more of the mystery, and you may even learn something new!

I'm going to start with the whole 'the Travel' thing; For those of you who might not know what I'm talking about, Treyarch made a typo on the poster for the Rezurrection map pack misspelling Der Riese (the Giant), Der Reise (the Travel) which they later commented on by saying something along the lines of 'typos may just be typos or something significant'.(Viewable in the picture above) Now to me this says a few things: either they simply made a typo, which seems like an honest mistake to make by getting the 'i' and the 'e' the wrong order, and were just covering it up by giving us more cryptic things to think about (thanks) orrrr; Treyarch knew all along how much the zombies community (mainly codz :lol: ) pay attention to little details and therefore intentionally put the typo in to help us figure stuff out. For the sake of this post I will have to go with the latter of the two and presume that Treyarch are dropping us little hints in odd places!

'The Travel' made me instantly think about travelling between maps, more specifically from Der Riese to Kino and the radio message we can hear in the new version of Shi No Numa:

In the Doctor's Quarters, there is a radio in the corner on top of a crate in the outside shelter part of the room just before the door. When activated, the original characters can be heard talking about traveling to the future. (Black Ops only)

"Eh..where are we?"

— Dempsey

"A better question is..."

— Nikolai

"When are we?"

— Richtofen

"NO! Where the hell is my Vodka?!"

— Nikolai

"Yes of course, the DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter ripping space-time, backing us across to the future! How wonderful!"

— Richtofen (Reference to the "Back to the Future" film series.)

(Takeo throws up, dropping Nikolai's vodka)

"There is my vodka! Thank you, Takeo."

— Nikolai

"Oh come on Tak, suck it up and walk it off."

— Tank

This radio shows how the characters got from Der Riese to Kino der Toten by using the Wunderwaffe to overload the teleporter to travel through time and space

This quote was taken from the COD wiki

Well this simply can be (and probably is) just a bonus little feature put in by Treyarch to explain how the crew travelled to Kino, there could be hidden meaning to it though. After all why is this a message in Shi No Numa? If anything it should be in a map sometime after Kino or in Kino itself. It just doesn't make sense for this kind of message to be in a map that is supposed to take place waaay before this even happens. My initial idea when i thought of that was maybe in the new version of Der Riese, and possibly old, you can use the DG-2 to interact with the teleporters somehow. So the first thing on the list:

The Teleporters

I have tried shooting at a teleporter with the DG-2 before as soon as I heard the radio on Shi No Numa, the one closest to animal testing with the MP40 by it, but unsuprisingly nothing happened! I even tried shooting the huge metal collumns either side of the teleporter, the ones with visible electricity flowing through them, but still nothing. Note that at the time nobody was teleporting. So theres the first proposition, have we tried everything with the teleporters? What would happen if you were to fire your DG-2 at the mainframe as somebody is teleporting? What would happen if you shoot your DG-2 as you are teleporting? Maybe there is a certain order in which you have to shoot them? Maybe you shoot them as you are linking them? Sounds farfetched I know, but all worth trying considering that there is an Easter Egg where you have to catch falling bottles of vodka, which to me sounds more far fetched!!

That's my two cents on what 'the Travel' could indicate, probably completely off but we can leave no stone unturned!! On with the next...

The Map

This version of the map intrigues me. I understand that it is from W@W MP3 and therefore a bit dated (let alone being slightly inaccurate) but there are things on here which point to hidden secrets. The question marks are an obvious starter, which many of you probably have your own theories about these but since nothing has been confirmed I thought i'd throw some ideas around. First off I fail to believe that these point towards radios or anything like that, as I'm sure you're all aware that there are no such things anywhere near where some of the question marks are, see Juggernog room. Another theory is that it is where notes are hidden and it's a possibility however there are still inconsistencies, again, see Juggernog room - No note hidden there, or is there?! Now I know this plan of Der Riese itself is inconsistent, again, see Juggernog room lol - there isn't two sets of stairs down the bouncing betty hallway yet the map shows otherwise, this could make the whole question mark thing completely irrelevant BUT i have noticed something interesting...

I don't know how many of you (if any) remember hearing a rumor on the W@W Der Riese that you could upgrade your Jugernaught by activating one of those glowing red jars that are found scattered throughout the map (couldn't find a pic of one on google sorry). Well there is one in particular that would supposedly let you do it and it was in the room next to Teleporter B, located on a desk next to the barricade and close to the Jar that activates the easter egg song. Supposedly upon buying Jug you could come over to this room, stand next to the desk looking at the red jar and interact with it. Sorry if people are already aware of this but for those who don't, IT WORKED!! Well... Not so much upgraded Jug but your character will always give audio confirmation when you interact with it, be it a groaning sound from Nikolai or Dempsey shouting 'What the hell were they looking for?", or words to that effect! Anyway why is this relevant? Well there is a question mark highlighted in this room and this might be why. Do the other question marks indicate the same type of thing elsewhere? I've tried this Juggernaught thingy on the Black Ops version and I can confirm personally that it remains a feature - go see for yourself!

*An interesting side note: Only one character can do this per round; Your character will not give audio confirmation if somebody has already done it the same round however he will later on if somebody has not.*

I don't see how it upgrades Jug as I never feel any stronger after doing it, it will still take the same amount of swipes to put you down, however there is one use I can think for it. Maybe it allows you to keep Jug even after upgrading the DG-2, if using the DG-3 still takes away your Jug on the Black Ops version of the map? Nonetheless it's a feature and it has me intrigued, just as much as the remaining question marks on the map. If there is more to Der Riese than we know then these question marks are a good place to start!

-

[uPDATE]Well I think it's pretty safe to say that the upgraded jug theory has been busted. It's kind of a shame really seeing as though I always thought it was true but after discussing it with people here and over on xbox live the conclusion was reached that upgraded Jug was just a rumor spread around so many players that it eventually became accepted as fact. However in light of this, and I have to give credit to Korima for providing this information, there could be more to these boards than we know...

So not only is the Board by Teleporter B interactive but so are the other two, you will find one of these in Animal Testing and the other by Teleporter C. Now each of these can be interacted with, followed by audio confirmation, which is strange enough but now we have discovered that there are more items that are interactive in this way. Interesting, no? These items are as follows:

- The three boards that I have just mentioned.

- A book that is hidden between some sandbags by the Fly Trap window (a picture can be seen over on page 2).

- A second book located by where you can see Dr. Maxis' name tag and a paw print.

- The note you can find in the gutter at the starting area, the one with the illuminati writing on it.

- And finally there is another note with illuminati letters written on it in the room by teleporter B, where one of the boards can be found, you will find the note on the ceiling.

That totals seven interactive items and there could be more to find that we are missing. Anyway, thanks again to Korima for providing that info and I'll let him wrap it up from here...

All 7 of these make a grunting noise when you activate them. I thought it was like W@W where it was random, but it was not. When going Window Book, Maxis Book, Teleporter C Poster, Animal labs Poster, Teleporter B poster Richtofen seemed to get more intrigued. It went from a confused grunt, to an understanding grunt, to a sigh, to a Hmmm..., to a yes... yes...

But when I activated the illuminati note he growled angrily. I wonder if there's a specific combination to these...

Bits & Bobs

Der Riese is such a rich source of information there's bits and bobs everywhere! Look at the brick in the room with the Thompson for instance, there could be things like this all over the map that nobody is aware of (For those who are unaware of this little EE, basically in the Thompson room there is a brick on the floor that you can go prone next to and hold 'x' on it (or square or whatever it is on PC) and it will sink into the floor, revealing a note). There has to be more things like this doesn't there? I know it's vague but people should keep a sharp eye and an open mind, you might just be the person who discovers the next big thing on Der Riese!! Maybe the aforementioned question marks will guide you to more things like this, things that you have to interact with or even shoot at to reveal hidden items.

8fyUmFnz0vI

The Fly Trap

Ha, now I know a lot of you will be cursing, 'ARGHHH THE FLY TRAP IS FINISHED, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!', but I will have to continue not just for the sake of this post but because it interests me greatly! Not only because of it's mysterious origins and purpose - I could make a whole separate thread theorizing with you guys about that - but what it actually is, and does, in the game.

lQiJQn-EwKE

So, cut to like 3:20 in this video and you get a nice view of the 'power-ups' that spring to life upon activating the fly trap; They appear to be all of the items that the Teddies are holding including the bears themselves. Now my question to you guys is why?! lol! Now I'm as much of a skeptic as the next man and when I hear Samantha scream 'You win - Game over!" at me I accept that it's over and go about my business, but why does it end so abruptly with no reward? Seeing these news maps and their overly complicated EE's I figured that the fly trap was just a little experiment for Treyarch to blend in hidden objectives, but with all these new EE's, like Shangri-La and Moon for example, you get rewarded with bonus perks and death machines. Why no reward for fly trap? Is it because it's unfinished? Well I have a an idea about it that I will share:

The fly trap is a device thats purpose, as far as I'm aware, is up for debate. Was it for Nazi UFO's? Testing for Die-Glock? We can clearly see that it has some effect on altering gravity and the laws of physics as it seems to elevate the items, rotate them and fling them away after reaching the top. So what if the Hide and Seek segment is just a side distraction, diverting your attention away from the fact you have just activated some strange device that could have alterations elsewhere on the map? In other words, what if hide and seek is irrelevant and activating the fly trap has done something else? Now I know people have scoured the map after activating it and completing hide and seek only to find nothing but the possibility is out there, even trying ideas I previously mentioned could get you somewhere. The fly trap has always kept me thinking and it's probably nothing, just a bit of fun but this is Treyarch we are talking about and after all, on W@W you get the achievement/trophy for starting the egg - not completing it...

Now finally last but not least...

The Clock

Now this probably bares no relevance to what I've been discussing but I thought it deserved a mention seeing as though it's just one of those things that seem to stand out. Maybe it's just me but i've always wondered and even tried some things on it myself - FYI shooting the white rectangles on each quarter has no effect on anything whatsoever!! :lol: I don't know, like I said it's probably nothing but since Treyarch love to haunt us with the likes of 'It's right under your nose' I thought I'd give the clock a mention!

Anyway if you've made it through this far then thank you for taking time to read through what I have to say, especially since I was just asking more questions rather than trying to answer them - but in a way thats kinda what this whole thing is about. Since Der Riese, and the other classics, are back on the scene now with Rezurrection out, and Treyarch urging us to play through the old maps again and see what is new, I figured this was a logical thing to post! So guys if you're thinking about doing further EE hunting on Der Riese please take the time to try some of these, like i said, you have to keep an open mind and these may be good places to start looking.

Please report back if any progress is made from these ideas or if you want to share, reply with some of your own ideas!

Thanks again and happy hunting!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good findings! [brains] for you. Didn't even know about this upgraded Jug theory! As for the Der Riese loading screen.

World at War

Black Ops

Now, their are some subtle differences in these two loading screens that I will point out.

1. The eye in the top right, and finger in the bottom left are gone, the eye being replaced by a bolt.

2. Mainframe and Teleporter A don't have a yellow underline. Teleporter B still does, and Teleporter C has a white underline.

3. A big circle is at the mainframe, replacing the symbol seen at the teleporters and mainframe(WaW)

4. 3 question marks have gone.

- Above Animal (Animate) Testing

- Jugganog area

- Right of Teleporter B

2 question marks remain, at Quick Revive, and to the right of Hangar/Garage (Animate) Testing.

5. The white paper behind the map is less visible in Black Ops.

6. The paper underneath and below the orange glowing thing doesn't have writing on it.

7. Underneath/below the map in WaW is the numbers 9888(?) on paper. The paper can't be seen in Black Ops.

8. General colour in Black Ops has been deprived, like the contrast or saturation was taken down.

Another thing I'd like to note is that they kept those infamous 2nd stairs by the Jugganog/Betties room. This may be because they just copied the map, but this could also be intentional.

The main points I'm wondering about are 4 and possibly 2.

The ?'s were removed for a reason. Something we've found? But they've also left two, Maxis office/Quick Revive and just outside the Hangar area. Something we haven't found? I'm gonna go investigate soon.

As for the underlines, there is something fishy about them. Why would they remove some of them, leave 1, and change the colour of another. Doesn't add up.

Also, we should be on the look out for any WaW patches. They may add something into the old maps in World at War that might give us a clue.

After playing Der Riese for a bit, I've found a couple of things.

Firstly, this Jug theory? I thought it existed, got hit 6 times by a crawler before I went down, but realized it may have been because of the timing between attacks.

Then I noticed, there is a notice board with all sorts of information and pictures (behind the red jar near Teleporter B, next to BoA green jar thing and Stielhandgrenades). I remembered there were 2 more like that, and that you could interact with them. I went to all 3, pressed the action button, and Richtofen made the same noise as he did for the jar. Same with Dempsey. It just looks like your interacting with the red jar, when really, it's the notice board right behind it.

So there is no Jug theory.

Secondly, I activated The Fly Trap and had a look at the location of the bear with the Bowie Knife, it wasn't there as expected. I had a look through my Dragonuv and to my surprise, the bear was there, with the knife. I kept looking in and out, and it was only appearing when looking through the scope. I think it may be a filter problem with the graphics or something.

Thirdly, I had a look around, activating every little thing I thought might be interesting but nothing. Only the little note in the Thompson room. I also had a look around these ?'s and could not come up with a thing. I looked everywhere around the map with the Dragonuv, shooting at things but nothing. I didn't PaP it though, so maybe if I did, it would do something like how the Fly Trap is activated.

I also used the DG-2, DG-3, Ray Gun, Porters X2 and Monkey Bombs during teleportation but that did nothing, although there was like a red filter on the screen the times I did it with the DG-3, but that went a couple of seconds after arriving at the mainframe. Don't think it's anything because I've had it happen to me before while playing Co-Op and not doing anything. Just a cool effect they put in I guess.

Oh! And on the little maps of Der Riese near the teleporters that light up with nodes and say "You Are Here", I noticed the second set of stairs by Jug/Betties was on that as well. And on Teleporter B's one, there is a little grey square covering part of that walkway with Jug, but it isn't on any of the others.

These are just my findings, but it doesn't prove that there isn't something to find! Keep searching my friends, and we'll surely find something! :D

Good findings! [brains] for you. Didn't even know about this upgraded Jug theory! As for the Der Riese loading screen.

World at War

Black Ops

Now, their are some subtle differences in these two loading screens that I will point out.

1. The eye in the top right, and finger in the bottom left are gone, the eye being replaced by a bolt.

2. Mainframe and Teleporter A don't have a yellow underline. Teleporter B still does, and Teleporter C has a white underline.

3. A big circle is at the mainframe, replacing the symbol seen at the teleporters and mainframe(WaW)

4. 3 question marks have gone.

- Above Animal (Animate) Testing

- Jugganog area

- Right of Teleporter B

2 question marks remain, at Quick Revive, and to the right of Hangar/Garage (Animate) Testing.

5. The white paper behind the map is less visible in Black Ops.

6. The paper underneath and below the orange glowing thing doesn't have writing on it.

7. Underneath/below the map in WaW is the numbers 9888(?) on paper. The paper can't be seen in Black Ops.

8. General colour in Black Ops has been deprived, like the contrast or saturation was taken down.

Another thing I'd like to note is that they kept those infamous 2nd stairs by the Jugganog/Betties room. This may be because they just copied the map, but this could also be intentional.

The main points I'm wondering about are 4 and possibly 2.

The ?'s were removed for a reason. Something we've found? But they've also left two, Maxis office/Quick Revive and just outside the Hangar area. Something we haven't found? I'm gonna go investigate soon.

As for the underlines, there is something fishy about them. Why would they remove some of them, leave 1, and change the colour of another. Doesn't add up.

Also, we should be on the look out for any WaW patches. They may add something into the old maps in World at War that might give us a clue.

After playing Der Riese for a bit, I've found a couple of things.

Firstly, this Jug theory? I thought it existed, got hit 6 times by a crawler before I went down, but realized it may have been because of the timing between attacks.

Then I noticed, there is a notice board with all sorts of information and pictures (behind the red jar near Teleporter B, next to BoA green jar thing and Stielhandgrenades). I remembered there were 2 more like that, and that you could interact with them. I went to all 3, pressed the action button, and Richtofen made the same noise as he did for the jar. Same with Dempsey. It just looks like your interacting with the red jar, when really, it's the notice board right behind it.

So there is no Jug theory.

Secondly, I activated The Fly Trap and had a look at the location of the bear with the Bowie Knife, it wasn't there as expected. I had a look through my Dragonuv and to my surprise, the bear was there, with the knife. I kept looking in and out, and it was only appearing when looking through the scope. I think it may be a filter problem with the graphics or something.

Thirdly, I had a look around, activating every little thing I thought might be interesting but nothing. Only the little note in the Thompson room. I also had a look around these ?'s and could not come up with a thing. I looked everywhere around the map with the Dragonuv, shooting at things but nothing. I didn't PaP it though, so maybe if I did, it would do something like how the Fly Trap is activated.

I also used the DG-2, DG-3, Ray Gun, Porters X2 and Monkey Bombs during teleportation but that did nothing, although there was like a red filter on the screen the times I did it with the DG-3, but that went a couple of seconds after arriving at the mainframe. Don't think it's anything because I've had it happen to me before while playing Co-Op and not doing anything. Just a cool effect they put in I guess.

Oh! And on the little maps of Der Riese near the teleporters that light up with nodes and say "You Are Here", I noticed the second set of stairs by Jug/Betties was on that as well. And on Teleporter B's one, there is a little grey square covering part of that walkway with Jug, but it isn't on any of the others.

These are just my findings, but it doesn't prove that there isn't something to find! Keep searching my friends, and we'll surely find something! :D

Nice work Rissole and thanks for the [brains] , I will have to return the favor for such a good response!

Like i stated in my OP I wasn't really sure wether upgraded Jug was for real or not but now you posted this i guess it's pretty safe to say that there is no upgraded Jug. But since you mention about the notice boards being interactive, what effect do they have?

Thanks for testing out the teleporters too, i thought it was a bit far fetched that the DG-2 could have an effect but since you stated that you used it and more to no effect leads me to believe that the only thing left to try with the teleporters is something similar to the final step of the Ascension egg? Maybe there needs to be a four people firing away with PAP'd wunderwaffes and Ray guns to do something? Maybe something else to try.

I like the 'spot the difference' on the two maps you did as well, i never noticed there was so much different between the two versions until now! The differences do make me think somethings up though, what with a few question marks missing and only the one teleporter underlined, maybe there is something significant yet to be discovered after all.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!

The ? removed by the animal testing hallway by the trench gun was also discovered during the W@W days. Supposedly it upgraded your Speed Cola. Your character will interact with the bulletin board behind The box spawn in the animal testing hallway. As for speeding up your Speed Cola I think it does work, but I'd really be interested in others opinion since it is such a minuscule change, it could be the placebo effect.

+++Edit: This does still work in the BO version.+++

A few things....first of all, welcome to the site. And [brains] because your post was awesome. Now on to some things I've noticed....

In W@W's Der Riese (I don't have Rezurrection yet since I'm on PS3) I noticed that the zombies sometimes pause by the fly trap. I'll go down there with a full zombie or crawler sometimes to fix that particular window, and the zombie's usually pause or simply go into a seizure by there.

Also, your theory about the DG-2. In W@W there is an achievement for having all Wunder Weapons at once. Monkey Bombs, DG-2, and the Ray Gun. Now this may be nothing but what if we had all that THEN tried to do things with the teleporters? If having the DG-2 made the boys overload the teleporter, then what about having ALL the weapons containing 115?

If I remember right, Alpha actually noticed that the question marks on the WaW version make that one devil star or whatever.

I don't know if this has been tested before but, what if the monkey bombs are relevant to some easter eggs? Someone recently found a Kino easter egg where a zombie voice can be heard saying "Sam" or "Monkey", what if there's one on Der Riese?

First place I'd try is that pit with Maxis' Name Tag on the ground with the bloody paw print on the wall.

If I remember right, Alpha actually noticed that the question marks on the WaW version make that one devil star or whatever.

I don't know if this has been tested before but, what if the monkey bombs are relevant to some easter eggs? Someone recently found a Kino easter egg where a zombie voice can be heard saying "Sam" or "Monkey", what if there's one on Der Riese?

First place I'd try is that pit with Maxis' Name Tag on the ground with the bloody paw print on the wall.

Well there can be no confusion now, obviously the ? marks were not intended to be viewed as some satanic illuminati crap dropped in by the Devs.

The place to throw a monkey in Der Riese for the sounds is right by QR. Think you need a crawler to activate the sound files, not 100% sure.

The ? removed by the animal testing hallway by the trench gun was also discovered during the W@W days. Supposedly it upgraded your Speed Cola. Your character will interact with the bulletin board behind The box spawn in the animal testing hallway. As for speeding up your Speed Cola I think it does work, but I'd really be interested in others opinion since it is such a minuscule change, it could be the placebo effect.

+++Edit: This does still work in the BO version.+++

Hey Jason! I actually heard about other boards being able to upgrade perks from back in the W@W days which, at the time, I just dismissed as rumours seeing as though I only ever heard it once off randoms wheras a lot of my friends used to swear by the Jug theory so I would always tend to do that, just in case it did work; I recall one random telling me there was another board you could use in the catwalk room? I don't know if that's correct, however I never noticed that you would get audio confirmation after activating the boards until now. Come to mention it, it seems odd that 2 of the question marks that were removed were corresponding with the location of two interactive notice boards don't you think? This only leads me to suspect that these boards have some kind of significance, or maybe none at all now the question marks have been removed. Either way I think that these boards warrant further investigation...

A few things....first of all, welcome to the site. And [brains] because your post was awesome. Now on to some things I've noticed....

In W@W's Der Riese (I don't have Rezurrection yet since I'm on PS3) I noticed that the zombies sometimes pause by the fly trap. I'll go down there with a full zombie or crawler sometimes to fix that particular window, and the zombie's usually pause or simply go into a seizure by there.

Also, your theory about the DG-2. In W@W there is an achievement for having all Wunder Weapons at once. Monkey Bombs, DG-2, and the Ray Gun. Now this may be nothing but what if we had all that THEN tried to do things with the teleporters? If having the DG-2 made the boys overload the teleporter, then what about having ALL the weapons containing 115?

Hi there Maniac, thanks for the brains, you have some really interesting points here. First of all, this is the first time I have heard about zombies pausing and going into a seizure by the Fly Trap area. It would be nice to see some kind of confirmation for this, though i'm not saying it isn't true,it's just i have never noticed seeing as though my Der Riese strategy is to camp around the catwalk area and the only time I will go by the Fly Trap is when I run a train, by which time I'm not really focusing on what the zombies are doing :lol: If this is true it's very interesting, and slightly suspicious, if this is the only place on the map it happens...

Secondly, nice idea about the teleporters, having all of the wonder weapons crossed my mind completely. It's a very good theory and should be looked at!

To be honest, Undead, I would say that the Devil Star pattern is just a coincidence. I could be wrong of course but seeing as though Treyarch removed some question marks from Black Ops' version of the map I wouldn't think that the Devil Star was intentional.

The monkeys could be relevant though. They seem to have some effects on things in the map such as the furnace egg, and I've even heard of zombies sitting down next to an active monkey before. I can't deny or confirm that though as it's just rumor but even so, monkeys could be needed for something we don't know about.

This topic is getting rather good. I would like to post something that has been known about for a long time but it would appear by not very many people. This is taken from an original topic by Vosty on WTG; source below.

http://www.wethegamerz.com/forum/index. ... ckgrounds/

In the Der Riese premium theme there are a few things that stand out,

1. The clock is illuminated on one of the backgrounds as it was in the trailer, but not in the game.

2. There is an object shown on the mainframe that cannot be found in the game.

I can confirm that these are genuine and have extracted the premium theme myself, where the object on the mainframe can be found as a seperate .png file.

The Verrucht Premium theme also has some odditys asscoiated with it, the sign that appears next to quick revive can only be found by no-clipping behind the numbers machine. I did not purchase the SNN Premium theme, but I would not be surprised if there was something slightly odd about that aswell.

If someone were looking for an alternate power source...if, I would bet zombies containing UUP would be a good bet.

This topic is getting rather good. I would like to post something that has been known about for a long time but it would appear by not very many people. This is taken from an original topic by Vosty on WTG; source below.

http://www.wethegamerz.com/forum/index. ... ckgrounds/

In the Der Riese premium theme there are a few things that stand out,

1. The clock is illuminated on one of the backgrounds as it was in the trailer, but not in the game.

2. There is an object shown on the mainframe that cannot be found in the game.

I can confirm that these are genuine and have extracted the premium theme myself, where the object on the mainframe can be found as a seperate .png file.

The Verrucht Premium theme also has some odditys asscoiated with it, the sign that appears next to quick revive can only be found by no-clipping behind the numbers machine. I did not purchase the SNN Premium theme, but I would not be surprised if there was something slightly odd about that aswell.

If someone were looking for an alternate power source...if, I would bet zombies containing UUP would be a good bet.

Let me assure you, WhosOnFirst, this topic is only getting good because of people like you; This is a very interesting find - [brains] to you. I have never seen these before so it's a pleasant surprise to see something new, especially that item on the mainframe - it seems oddly out of place and because of that it makes me believe it has some significance, after all, why would Treyarch put it there? I would be tempted to dismiss these as things made just for decoration however, since you mention that the Verrukt's theme contains things like this (and Treyarch are the sort of devs to drop hints this way), I have to assume that these images bare some significance. As for the clock, like I said, I have always had a hunch about this object and never noticed that it was illuminated in the trailer either, very interesting. Would Treyarch really design the clock to be illuminated, produce the premium theme and trailer with it so, then randomly change it for release? It's not impossible but if not then that tells me there must be a way to get the clock illuminated, how and why is another matter!

Another interesting thing I noticed on the link you provided is on one of the images there is a carpenter power-up and then next to it, a Group 935 illuminated in the same way. What's up with that?

hmm nobody ever noticed that before? How the zombies act weird when they're getting towards the fly trap area? Perhaps it's a glitch on my disc then. Because if there is one or two zombies following me when I go down the hallway where the M1 carbine is, the zombies will pause for a few seconds, THEN proceed to follow me. Sometimes it takes them a little longer than other times...but sometimes they go into a little spasm. And it always happens when they're passing the M1. I'll run down there to fix the window or something and turn around expecting a zombie to be right there but wind up waiting because they stop for a minute. If I do record this, it wouldn't be great quality since it would be on a hand held.

In Verruckt there are places the zombies walk backwards and look like theres a magnet sucking them towards a wall...I assume this to be a glitch and it could also be whats happening in Der Riese...simply a glitch. But I'll look into recording it if people are interested. I just don't know if it's merely a glitch or something significant.

@Strange Bow, I cannot comment on anything with regards the last picture showing, Carpenter and the 935 Manual. Mainly because anything I could say would just be a broad sweeping statement.

One thing I would suggest to anyone looking at trying to "solve the riddles of Der Riese", is to go back and look at all the intel that Treyarch released at the time. I remember that some of the intel had mistakes, such as "it cost 1500 points to link a teleporter". Maybe if we follow your lead and dont presume that Treyarch are so liable to make mistakes we might find something new?

@ZombicidalManiac. Yeh I remeber that, if you backed up to the flytrap window, the zombies would just stop and stare for a second as though you were not there. I thought at the time it may have been to do with the engine concealing a structure or something. As in the video Treyarch released at the time the wall for Z-A next to the flytrap can be clearly seen as destroyed.

Hey guys, just finished a little game on Der Riese where I spent most of the time trying things out that have been mentioned here. First off:

hmm nobody ever noticed that before? How the zombies act weird when they're getting towards the fly trap area? Perhaps it's a glitch on my disc then. Because if there is one or two zombies following me when I go down the hallway where the M1 carbine is, the zombies will pause for a few seconds, THEN proceed to follow me. Sometimes it takes them a little longer than other times...but sometimes they go into a little spasm. And it always happens when they're passing the M1. I'll run down there to fix the window or something and turn around expecting a zombie to be right there but wind up waiting because they stop for a minute. If I do record this, it wouldn't be great quality since it would be on a hand held.

In Verruckt there are places the zombies walk backwards and look like theres a magnet sucking them towards a wall...I assume this to be a glitch and it could also be whats happening in Der Riese...simply a glitch. But I'll look into recording it if people are interested. I just don't know if it's merely a glitch or something significant.

I can confirm that the Zombies will act out around the Fly Trap area, though it doesn't seem to happen so much when there is a large group of them there but rather the odd one or two and mainly the ones breaking in at the window. But despite all of that it happens and I'm not sure why and what significance it has.

Also whilst I was playing I tried searching around for those question marks and I think I may have made some progress, so bare with me here:

I was looking around the vicinity of the one question mark closest to the mainframe, by the double-barreled shotgun, which at first I noticed nothing out of the usual until I looked up and saw a mast connected to the mainframe by some thick wires; Now don't get me wrong I've always been aware of it's existence but since examining it, it stood out to me! What got me was the metal 'bits' sticking out of the side, now this was before we had turned on any power or linked any of the pads, they seemed to have a blue glow to them - a very subtle illumination that draws attention yet doesn't really stand out. I thought nothing of it at the time until we were in the courtyard by the power-switch where I noticed another one by Maxis' office, the location of the second question mark on the BO version of the map. By this point I thought i was on to something, until I went back to the starting area only to notice another three of these masts which weren't corresponding with the question marks in any way!! So this kinda ruined my theory about them being anything important but the interesting thing that makes me think they could be is that the two masts I noticed are the ones connecting teleporter B & C, the only two teleporters on the BO map to be underlined. Could it be something after all?

For those of you not sure what masts I'm on about I did take some snaps, you will have to ignore the crappy quality though...

The one by the Garage:

And the one by Maxis' office:

These could and probably do have no relevance whatsoever, I just wish I had gotten the DG-2 to try some things out. So, until proven otherwise, I have to say that these could be interactive and maybe something crazy we are yet to find out...

Here's the thing I'm curious about. Treyarch said themselves that there are still things yet to be found in the classic maps, and both Verruckt, Shi No Numa AND NDU all got something new in the Blops version.

1. NDU - hidden song "Undone"

2. Verruckt - NDU radio, Flopper puddle

3. Shi No Numa - new radio

So, what's in it for Der Riese?

Here's the thing I'm curious about. Treyarch said themselves that there are still things yet to be found in the classic maps, and both Verruckt, Shi No Numa AND NDU all got something new in the Blops version.

That's what we are here trying to figure out, Undead. As for the other maps, maybe there is more to them we are yet to discover too?

When Jimmy Zeilinski was talking about Rezurrection in one of the trailers, he said the classic maps have a "new twist." Then went on to mention them in this order...Shi No Numa, Nacht, Verruckt, and Der Riese. I noticed that Shi No was always mentioned FIRST before the release of Rezurrection, but after its release they went back to their original order. Maybe we should be checking out Shi No Numa more than anything. These guys created these maps for pete's sake...why would they ruin the order in the trailer? IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! lol...ok I'm being a bit dramatic here..but still, you'd think they'd mention them in their proper order being that they KNOW what order they're in.

The whole "new twist" thing has me wondering too. I still have another 3 weeks until I can get Rezurrection, so all you XBoxers can feel free to take your time finding out all the new secrets lol...Loved Moon (a bit on the easy side compared to other maps but still a great map)...but Der Riese is where I'll be spending most of my time.

I really think we are on to something here, and maybe not just Der Riese, the other Classic Maps as well.

I've noticed in the tower above the clock, if you look at the roof with a sniper, you'll see two bloody dog paw prints, the same you see under the stairs near Teleporter C.

I'm gonna do some investigating on Shi No Numa later, and Verruckt. I'll do Nacht der Untoten as well but I don't think there is anything, but you never no. There could be a radio outside the house that needs to be hit with a sniper, well hidden in the bushes.

Can you please post a link to where Treyarch said this?