Beware of the Shifting Walls

Tac

• Administrators

Alright guys here is the quote from Treyarch

"Zombies return with vengeance in the mysterious land of "Shangri-La," a legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle. Never before seen undead creatures lurk within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns. Step carefully through deadly traps and solve the dark secrets buried within the shifting walls of a long last land."

What interests me is the "dark secrets within the shifting walls." SO! The new Easter Egg or something huge to the story will be behind some shifting walls! :D

so excited!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling theres gonna be some pretty good secrets on this map. Temple's always have alot of mystery surrounding them, so I could see there being hidden rooms and shifting walls and stuff.

It's feeling more and more like Indiana Jones meets Dawn of the Dead.

Dr Richtofen and the Temple of Doom. :lol:

• Administrators

They do create walls though, and they shift...

Maybe, but by shifting walls I'm not sure they mean spikes coming out of ground. I think they mean it as in the wall will shift to get to teh PAP

Maybe it's those spikes that come up from the floor in the first trailer?

Maybe, but that's the ground not a wall.

I think DeckChairs is referring to the part of the video where the bamboo wall pops up from undeground in front of one of the characters, I wanna say it was Nikolai. Not the actual death spikes that shoot up as somebody runs past it.

I thought that's what it might be in reference to as well.

• Administrators

Maybe it's those spikes that come up from the floor in the first trailer?

Maybe, but that's the ground not a wall.

I think DeckChairs is referring to the part of the video where the bamboo wall pops up from undeground in front of one of the characters, I wanna say it was Nikolai. Not the actual death spikes that shoot up as somebody runs past it.

I thought that's what it might be in reference to as well.

OOOH! I get it, that makes much more sense now.

• Administrators

ooooooooo, the term labyrinth sounds fun :D always up for a challenge. Reminds me of the greek myth I read in Lit this year about Theseus going into the labyrinth to fight the Minotaur

Yes! i learned that this year as well! The wording is awesome by 3arc!

ooooooooo, the term labyrinth sounds fun :D always up for a challenge. Reminds me of the greek myth I read in Lit this year about Theseus going into the labyrinth to fight the Minotaur

If this were to have a boss battle of some sorts in it, it would remind me of the myth very much. Imagine, Samantha taking the place of the Minotaur, and the crew acting as Theseus, going to fight what has frightened people and has caused much pain. Also, I would understand there being guards in the labyrinth, protecting who or what is hidden in it's dark depths

• Administrators

If this were to have a boss battle of some sorts in it, it would remind me of the myth very much. Imagine, Samantha taking the place of the Minotaur, and the crew acting as Theseus, going to fight what has frightened people and has caused much pain. Also, I would understand there being guards in the labyrinth, protecting who or what is hidden in it's dark depths

and the guards are the fire zombs eh?

What I've been thinking all along. If this is a sacred, mystical temple or shrine, I would expect some sort of mystical protection, thus inventing the "fire zombie thingies" as guards. If there is someone or something sacred in the middle, why would it remain unprotected?

EDIT: something I found about labyrinths-

Labyrinths are temples that enhance and balance and bring a sense of the sacred - a place where we can confirm our unity with the cosmos, awaken our vital force and elevate our consciousness. These structures are space/time temples where we can behold realities that oddly enough transcend space and time.

The labyrinth resonates to this numinous spiral, the Phi ratio known as the 'Golden Mean' found in all of nature.
  • Administrators

What I've been thinking all along. If this is a sacred, mystical temple or shrine, I would expect some sort of mystical protection, thus inventing the "fire zombie thingies" as guards. If there is someone or something sacred in the middle, why would it remain unprotected?

I believe that zombies were there since meteor crashed near the temple then the zombies invades and stays in the temple until the crew arrived on the teleporter. Burning zombies would been from the meteor crash. If not probabily a new flammable weapon is here. This is just my opinion.

Who said there was a meteorite in S-L?

I believe that zombies were there since meteor crashed near the temple then the zombies invades and stays in the temple until the crew arrived on the teleporter. Burning zombies would been from the meteor crash. If not probabily a new flammable weapon is here. This is just my opinion.

There was a meteorite in Shi No Numa, but I don't think there was one mentioned in Shangri-La