New JD_2020 Twitter Post

Undeadwolfy

This was posted by JD_2020's twitter account today.

"If you just happen to be at the game store today... Here's a good reason to pre-order COD Black Ops while your there."

(Then there is a link to the Kotaku site).

Ill post it here for the benefit of the readers.

"A special limited edition "laser cel" - limited to 100,000; we said nothing about it being "rare" - is one of two pre-order bonuses for Call of Duty: Black Ops. The other's a download code for an avatar item.

Pre-ordering through Amazon gets you the laser cel, provided you're among the first 100,000 to do so, beginning today. You'll also get a link to a desktop wallpaper featuring that image.

Pre-ordering through GameStop bags the "high-altitude flight suit avatar." Since neither console was specified, we assume this is valid for both Xbox Live avatars and PlayStation Home avatars. You can get a look at what that's all about in this video, posted a week ago.

8DEyY8b2lls

Call of Duty: Black Ops releases Nov. 9."

DISCUSS NAOW! btw, what is a "laser cel"?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the least they could have done is shown us a picture of the laser cel(l).

and i'm a little po'ed that all these people who preorder later are getting more stuff. i had bo preordered in june or july , although in august i had it upgraded to hardened, but i didn't get the flight suit avatar b/c it wasn't regarded as a new preorder, even tho on the reciept it says 'preorder cancel' and 'hardened preorder' under purchases. :evil: :evil:

I'm not sure what's so hard to figure out. This is the laser cel that you will receive.

I was going to say that that picture was just a concept art used as a thumbnail, but after looking at some of these "Laser cel" things that picture does look like one. And that picture was included on the listing for black ops on amazon.

Laser Cels are a lithograph technology where the image is actually printed on industrial grade Mylar. Unlike traditional animation cels and paper; Mylar will not fade, chip, crack or deteriorate. Additionally, this synthetic is immune to heat, light and moisture.

Surely the last few post covered that... "Logically" it is the picture;)

Wait, so since I pre-ordered the game two days after it was announced, I can't get this awesome laser-cell? WTF?

Same here. Feels bad man... :(

JD said that they will most likely include pre order bonuses even if your preordered before they offered the bonuses.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...