Black Ops beta signups, Sept. 1st?

Strwrsbob

Yet again another hint hits the net which tells us that signs-ups for a Call of Duty: Black Ops beta begin this Wednesday. But is this real or not?

We're quickly approaching the full multiplayer reveal this Wednesday and new rumors have appeared which hint that we will also be able to sign-up on the same day for a beta.

CoD7BlackOps » were the first website to report that they noticed a Google ad when searching for terms relating to Call of Duty: Black Ops. The ad shows the CallOfDuty.com/beta » address but this URL redirects visitors to the Call of Duty homepage.

The ad details another interesting fact as it says "sign up for the exclusive Xbox 360 multiplayer beta on September 1". This will come as good news for those hoping for a beta but bad news for those that don't own a Xbox 360.

The World at War beta was also exclusive to Xbox 360 and PC. Other Call of Duty related material has also been exclusive for Xbox 360 in some way, such as the timed exclusive map packs.

This all matches up to a similar rumor that we reported » in which the Bing search engine was the center of attention and it also used the same beta URL that is listed above.

With just 2 days until the full multiplayer reveal you can expect a lot of multiplayer news coming in the next few days and we will then be able to see if these rumors are correct or incorrect.

Remember that this doesn't confirm a beta or that sign-ups will begin this Wednesday, therefore make sure you take these rumors with a pinch of salt.

SOURCE: http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/n ... ups-sept-1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be treyarchs decision, it would be activison making them make it a xbox exclusive. Cause of Activisons and Microsofts contract.

Anyways, if this doesn't completely make sense. Why would they be advertising a closed beta? As Shepard would say "Tomorrow we will have no shortage of volunteers"

It wouldn't be treyarchs decision, it would be activison making them make it a xbox exclusive. Cause of Activisons and Microsofts contract.

Anyways, if this doesn't completely make sense. Why would they be advertising a closed beta? As Shepard would say "Tomorrow we will have no shortage of volunteers"

i own an xbox 360 and a microsoft OS and i hate the way microsoft do business. but, if it works then who cares

No it would be Treyarchs decision which to release the beta on, they design the game on the 360, then port it to the PS3.

If i could give you a 1000 brains i would strwrs, but for now you get 10 :D

not really.. activison could sell the rights to microsoft as they did to the map packs.

They're not out to make money off the beta, they're making sure the games good. And as its developed on the 360, it's easiest to test it on the 360. Then they can fix everything, then port it.

see, i'm not going to be really surprised when (if) the beta is xbox exclusive, i'll be a little peeved, but not exactly pissed, because ik how Activision, and ultimately, the beta exclusivity is going to be their choice...and they'll do that, cause them and microsoft are butt buddies

that would sux if its only on xbox even tho i have both

cause i know ps3 is gonna go down fo sure

ps3 users are just all hackers its so easy the ps3 is basically a pc

LOL!!!! You have it backwards xbox is the system with the hackers. Im not trying to flame im stating a fact look at mw2 on xbox full of 10th prestige lobby's all that modded controllers ps3 has none of that. Just telling you that you got it backwards.

In all fairness it should be on both consoles and the PC. However, as igetmyspason said, it's first designed on the 360, then ported once it's time to release it. So it would be easier just to test it on the 360. Life isn't fair, Activision isn't either.

Just on time Josh Olin.

Bing / Google / ads for a #CODBlackOps BETA are not official ads. As always, if I don't say it, it's not official!

There you go.