Recent World at War

Zieghail

So, I still play World at War Just about every night. And recently, since the popularity of - and Buzz about - Black Ops has been increasing, there has been a significant increase in players.

One would think thats a good thing right?

Well, since this increase in players, I am finding there are more and more players with a lack of integrity. In One game Of Hardcore Search and Destroy I played last night there were 8 out of 12 people with modded controllers. My 3 man squad and another guy were the only ones without them, and even then, the other guy was running around with a Browning Hip firing at everything.

And out of those 8 people with modded controllers, 7 of them had Hacked Stats.

That was just one game, in every game we played there were at least 4 modded controllers. And quite a few douchers running around with Bazooka's. Ever since the surge in players, there has been a ridiculous amount of players like this, and I am inclined to believe they are coming from modern warfare 2.

None of these things are really a problem Like in modern warfare 2. They're just a little annoying, But I'm curious as to why these people insist on playing the way they do, and To what a solution could be for modded controllers.

I say make all Semi-Automatic weapons have a speed cap similar to the M1 Garand, it shoots plenty fast.

What do you think? Of modded controllers? Of the spineless from modern warfare 2 invading World at War?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you zieghail, mod controllers+mp40 or Gewer+Little kids or immature adults who think they are awesome at WaW= Bad Combo. The only thing I could suggest is find a good class that can out shoot a modded controller, preferably something long range because in my experience most mods only work with pistols and rifles. I just hope it doesn't get to the point where you have to buy a modded controller to play Black Ops or any CoD for that matter.

same as codestuff, i hate using semi-automatics on WaW, because I get mod blocked so much with my finger, it was not a really smart way to fix it, i don't use my middle finger, but i tilt my hand a little forward and i get incredible firing rate. i used to use the M1A1 Carbine ALL the time because i had such a good trigger finger, until that stupid mod block came out. i really hope that there won't be a limit, just find a way to block mod's...and not people with good trigger fingers.

I know this is a little off topic but do you know how much easier it is to shoot faster with semi auto guns on a PS3? the trigger is just a button and not and actual trigger thing

But i havent played WaW online in ages so i wouldnt know about those modders, and also on PS3 there arent any modders cause there is no modded controllers. so yeah

As people up there said, no modders on PS3. I have a really good trigger finger so i dont want there to be a firerate cap.

Right before MW2 came out IW gave some of the guns in cod4 a lower firerate cap to combat modders. Which is stupid because it also came out on the PS3. I can't fire the deagle as fast as i wish i could. So i don't think this would be a good solution.

Now that i think about it, i used to have a rapid fire PS3 controller. I didn't buy it cause it had rapidfire, but when i tried to use the rapidfire it didn't even work. So maybe the PS3 has something that blocks some rapidfire controllers that the 360 doesn't.

I was going to say something like that, I know they make Rapid Fire PS3 Controllers, but I think the thing that makes them so popular on the 360 is that they're easier to make. And thats because of the Pressure sensitive Triggers. The Actual "Fire" command is sent once the trigger is pressed down a certain amount, and with the controller mods they make it so the trigger can only be pressed down barely to that certain point, causing the "Fire" command to be sent in rapid succession.

I don't really have a problem countering modded controllers, what I like to do is use their weapon of choice, usually the M1A1, and one shot them with it, and then antagonize them saying things like "I don't mod and I'm still better than you". :lol: Its good fun. Modded controllers aren't even that big of an issue with me, because I still usually kill them first, it just annoy's me because thats not the way the weapons were intended to be used, they're semi-automatic for a reason, and modded controllers are cheating.

And no offense you guys, I understand your dilema, and I can do the whole "Double-Trigger-Finger" thing Too, but no matter how good you are at it, or how accurate, I don't think you can be as effective as a modded controller. There's no need to shoot a semi-automatic weapon that fast anyway, they only take a few shots to kill someone.

I stand by my opinion. The M1 Garand has a fire Rate That's more than Fast enough, or at least somewhere in that particular Range, maybe a little faster but make it the limit. Obviously the Speed-Cap isn't working. Something else needs to be done.

I've been accused of having a modded controller before too, I was using a Gewehr on Cliffside Lol. It doesn't bother me when people accuse me of modding, I find It Hilarious because the only thing it proves is that they're mad I just Stomped their Faces.

But I do understand the Dilema that a few people have fast fingers are in, but if they did put some sort of overall Fire Rate Cap, you would still probably be able to fire Pretty Quickly.

And there is Good news Regarding Hackers, and other such things. The Team Treyarch Brought on to Swing the Banhammer wll monitor the game 24 hours a day, And when a Hack or Glitch is found, there will be a Fix within 30 minutes of its Discovery. This fix will be a "Hot-Fix" or Quick Fix of sorts that will be in place temporarily, until a title update is passed through Microsoft Certification. Treyarch Has done something like this In World at War. And the Reason they can get a fix out so quickly is because its Temporary. A loop-hole if you will, in Microsoft's policy.

Indeed, Although I play Hardcore Search and Destroy, and after that 15 second Delay at the Beginning of every Round, people usually Forget about noob tubes. There are the rare few who still use them, or have switched to spamming regular grenades on Dome and Courtyard(The only two maps in the whole game small enough to spam Hand Grenades), and Bazooka's on the rest of the maps.

And then there are the one's you can Tell just came straight from modern warfare 2, because they all launch their grenades before the delay is up. :lol: Its Absolutely Hilarious.

first off hardcore search on w@W is the best mp experience i have had playing call of duty. HC search in that game is so much better then cod 4's HC search. idk why but it is just amazing.

anyway it shouldnt really matter if they have a mod to me. i mean the gewehr is gonna be a 1 hit kill and sometimes 2 in HC so if they shoot there whole clip at you or just 2 shots like i do.. it shouldnt matter. (unless its the m1a1 box magazine. that thing was built for mods :( )

• 3 weeks later...

I barely have problems with modders when I play. Mainly it's just getting shot once in the knee with an MP40 that gives me hassle.

It feels good to have a fast trigger finger, I've had it to the point where I'd shoot the Gewher so fast I think shots would fail to register. Same with the colt too.

I know I used to spam noob tubes before, but as I've gotten better, I've had no need for them. My message to all modders and hackers, 'Give a hoot, stop using those darn mods!'

there not called modded controllers, ITS CALLED A FRIGGIN TURBO BUTTON. there built on all the early madcats 360 controllers.

i have a PS3 controller with a turbo button (don't worry! i don't use it, i hate it anyway, it's an awkward feeling in my hands) and it doesn't shoot that fast, i can shoot faster than that soo easy, idk if xbox is different, but ik that at least my turbo button is not that bad.

there not called modded controllers, ITS CALLED A FRIGGIN TURBO BUTTON. there built on all the early madcats 360 controllers.

i have a PS3 controller with a turbo button (don't worry! i don't use it, i hate it anyway, it's an awkward feeling in my hands) and it doesn't shoot that fast, i can shoot faster than that soo easy, idk if xbox is different, but ik that at least my turbo button is not that bad.

xbox controllers are different, they sometimes have an extra rt button (r2/l2 for ps3) which is hten modded so that ingame, that button will make the gun shoot fats, making it a modded controller.

xbox controllers are different, they sometimes have an extra rt button (r2/l2 for ps3) which is hten modded so that ingame, that button will make the gun shoot fats, making it a modded controller.

i meant xbox turbo controllers, ik what modded controllers are like

i meant xbox turbo controllers, ik what modded controllers are like

xbox dont have turbo buttons, you have to buy a modded controller inorder to use a turbo button ect

io never use them in my pinion, imight buy the mad cats black ops controller, but i believe some noobs will call me witha modded controller since i have a very fast triger finger :)

MAKE SO THERE IS A LIMIT TO HOW FAST A GUN SHOOTS IN BLACK OPS!!! if there isnt a limit black ops will no doubt be a fail because modded controllers are getting more and more popular!

dude, im sorry but your avatar picture is creepy as hell. i would like for you to change it, it makes you look like a douche. just saying.