Jump to content

Der Eisendrache....dragon  

13 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think there will be an actual dragon? Or something resembling a dragon?

    • Yes there will be an actual dragon
    • Its some sort of machine they call dragon
    • Other
  2. 2. If you choose 2



Recommended Posts

Castun50    16

So Ive been reading a lot about a dragon and I really want to know what you all think. So my thought: its not an actual dragon but its something maxis will use with rich's help to stop the multi universes' and zombies to make the world better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462

I personally don't see it being an actual dragon, but either some sort of mechanization or the name of the castle itself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castun50    16
5 minutes ago, Tac said:

I personally don't see it being an actual dragon, but either some sort of mechanization or the name of the castle itself.

U know, I never thought it would be the name of the castle. that is a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462
13 minutes ago, Castun50 said:

U know, I never thought it would be the name of the castle. that is a good idea

Granted the castle likely isn't made of iron, so there's that, but something I could see happening.  But, like you said in OP, likely a mechanization of some sort.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castun50    16
1 minute ago, Tac said:

Granted the castle likely isn't made of iron, so there's that, but something I could see happening.  But, like you said in OP, likely a mechanization of some sort.

very true. the iron part makes me think of a mech. and i hope to god its not a point at the giants cause there is a rumor saying there is a giant in the map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Tac    462
4 minutes ago, Castun50 said:

very true. the iron part makes me think of a mech. and i hope to god its not a point at the giants cause there is a rumor saying there is a giant in the map

It appears that there may be, here's a video about it.  Not sure how I feel about it, or what role I think it will play, but it does seem to be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, the Iron Dragon is the castle it's self. With all it's rocket-fire-power and 115 fueled technology. The castle it's self is a weapon, and a stronghold. The question now is: Will the castle be friend or foe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
6 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

To me, the Iron Dragon is the castle it's self. With all it's rocket-fire-power and 115 fueled technology. The castle it's self is a weapon, and a stronghold. The question now is: Will the castle be friend or foe?

How can a castle be a friend or foe? It is German occupied so it won't be a place where bunny's have picnics. Also, we had Der Riese which was a location but now there is a Giant and now Der Eisendrache. So it is the place, but that does not mean their won't be an iron dragon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the whole castle will either be designed like Der Reise to protect it's self from zombies, or it's going to be designed to protect it's self from intruders....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castun50    16
4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think the whole castle will either be designed like Der Reise to protect it's self from zombies, or it's going to be designed to protect it's self from intruders....

well put! so itd be friendly. i like that friend or foe castle. itd be nice if it was a castle to kill zombies rather then a boobytrapped mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Their 3 previous maps (not counting The Giant) have all had generic names that just more or less fit with the theme of their respective map. The naming of this map seems to be more of a return to the traditional naming of zombie maps (W@W maps plus Kino) which were all location based for the most part. This leads me to believe the name is the actual name of the castle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
6 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think the whole castle will either be designed like Der Reise to protect it's self from zombies, or it's going to be designed to protect it's self from intruders....

Those walls in Der Riese were not to protect it from zombies or intruders. They were to keep the Giant Project in, which I now believe was the creation of a single Giant in the WaW universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanVere    47
21 hours ago, Tac said:

I personally don't see it being an actual dragon, but either some sort of mechanization or the name of the castle itself.

Iron Dragon makes me think of Die Rises Easter Egg. Maybe there is something hidden inside the castle, that is connected with EE and gives the map its name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
35 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

I have a feeling the Panzer Soldat is going to return in this map, along with some other familiar features from Origins...

Well we know Wunderfizz is already and a dead Giant. I think revamped Dig Spots could come back. In the files, before Awakening was teased, for DLC 1 castle, people found a string of codes for a suit with a flamethrower and 115 gun. Could it be a new Panzer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanVere    47
20 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Well we know Wunderfizz is already and a dead Giant. I think revamped Dig Spots could come back. In the files, before Awakening was teased, for DLC 1 castle, people found a string of codes for a suit with a flamethrower and 115 gun. Could it be a new Panzer?

Juggernaut suit with Purifier would be 10/10, haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Those walls in Der Riese were not to protect it from zombies or intruders. They were to keep the Giant Project in, which I now believe was the creation of a single Giant in the WaW universe.

I was referring to the electric traps, which are basically designed to defend against zombies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
Just now, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I was referring to the electric traps, which are basically designed to defend against zombies. 

Ohhhhhh. Well they were first established as electroshock therapy in Verruckt, so I always linked it to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I think some sort of crazy sci-fi machine called the Iron Dragon would be awesome, I honestly think that the 'Iron Dragon' is just the name of the outpost at the Hohenwerfen Castle. Similar to the other outpost names like Eagle's Nest, The Giant, Griffin Station, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Well we know Wunderfizz is already and a dead Giant. I think revamped Dig Spots could come back. In the files, before Awakening was teased, for DLC 1 castle, people found a string of codes for a suit with a flamethrower and 115 gun. Could it be a new Panzer?

The 'code' you are referring to was an fx called 'mech_flamethrower' or something similar I believe, which is one of the reasons why I think the Panzer is returning; as the Panzer's dev name is 'mech'. I'd love to see a next gen Panzer tbh, maybe throw in a few new moves and/or different weaponry (at one point in my map he had a minigun on his arm instead of a flamethrower for example) it would certainly suit the theme anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Guest   
Guest

I once had this idea of a map where variants of the Panzer Soldat existed. One with a flamethrower, one with a minigun and one with some sort of melee weapon. Also the grabbing claw could be replace with say a rocket launcher type thing or a spiked ball on a chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2016 at 4:02 PM, Nightmare Voyager said:

I once had this idea of a map where variants of the Panzer Soldat existed. One with a flamethrower, one with a minigun and one with some sort of melee weapon. Also the grabbing claw could be replace with say a rocket launcher type thing or a spiked ball on a chain.

This is the only way I would like to see the Panzer return. I enjoy most boss zombies but there comes a point when they just get boring and repetitive and just more of a nuisance. Add different variations of the boss zombie on a map that require different tactics to take them down would be a fun and welcome new challenge to zombies. Shangri La kind of toyed with that idea a little and I liked it for what it tried with that, but I believe the Panzer Soldat is uniquely suited for this particular idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

InfestLithium    515

Gotta agree with "Iron Dragon" relating to the castle itself; an impenetrable fortress filled with enough powerful weaponry to make Putin pee a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2016 at 11:01 AM, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

This is the only way I would like to see the Panzer return. I enjoy most boss zombies but there comes a point when they just get boring and repetitive and just more of a nuisance. Add different variations of the boss zombie on a map that require different tactics to take them down would be a fun and welcome new challenge to zombies. Shangri La kind of toyed with that idea a little and I liked it for what it tried with that, but I believe the Panzer Soldat is uniquely suited for this particular idea.

* Cough Cough MARGWA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×