A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, it is on the scope:

But I'm not entirely convinced. I'm not sure whether it is supposed to be a made-up company like ANDO where Googling actually found someone with the same name or if it was actually supposed to be based on it. I find it difficult to believe that Harvey Yena used technology from modern day.

• Administrators

I personally very much believe that you should discuss the Naga's in Shangri-La, because they've got some ancient mythological substance:

"In India, legends tell of a race of beings called the Nagas. Serpent-like and extremely intelligent, the Nagas live in vast caverns illuminated by precious stones."

If you google "vril-ya naga" you can find some stuff, but I personally would say yes, you should.

The reason I showed interest in the Naga is because they were mentioned specifically as being one of the vicious animals that the Vril-Ya exterminated nearly, but not quite, to the point of extinction, in the novel. Thanks Tac. I'll add it in the next update.

In another news, the Ray Gun has the words "Max-O-Matic" printed on the side :lol:

Regarding the 87 on the V-R11 and Wave Gun, I think it indicates it's part of a series of weapons? Or, in fact made by the same person? Porter made the Zap Guns X2, perhaps maybe he made the V-R11? Not much evidence to back that though.

Not really sure about the Focusing Stone. It's a 115 meteor shrunk down, so it's obviously got a high concentration of power. Since the area is somehow rigged with a time traveling device, the high concentration may have reacted to that when touched.

But, I'm fairly certain the Eclipse is still happening when Gary and Brock take it, while it's the present when we take it. The Eclipse may have something to do with it maybe.

Since the Easter Egg can be done four times, should we look into that? Obviously there is only one Focusing Stone which Richtofen takes, so I dunno if the "re-dos" should be taken as canon.

• Administrators

Made in 1987? I have no idea. Usually, numbers would indicate a series (like you said), model number, date, or something else. It seems like something American-made considering that it can turn zombies into American CIA agents.

I don't know about the eclipse being related to the concentrated energy substance in the Focusing Stone.

I would say no just because it's nothing but allowing each player to obtain all the perks. In the end, only one person obtained the Focusing Stone - Richtofen. He is the only one who holds onto it in Moon.

I think Rissole is right that 87 indicates that the two weapons have similar origins. However, we know that Porter had a direct hand in making not only the Ray Gun but the Zap Guns as well. If the V-R11 is truly related to the Zap Guns, then that means it must've been branded by the US only later on. I suppose that is possible.

I was thinking that maybe Brock and Gary are in a time-loop engineered by Samantha. But that doesn't make any sense, really. She could've just put Richtofen in a time-loop. I think, if anything, the extreme density of the 115 might've SOMEHOW had temporal properties. I read somewhere that the denser that matter is, the slower time goes. Since the meteor was shrunken down to such a small size, perhaps it made time go backwards into a loop? And perhaps Richtofen used his time-knowledge to circumvent this? In any case, it's so indefinite, I don't think I'll be including it.

Also, the thing about getting more than one? Is it canon? Who's to say? Perhaps. Maybe. Maybe not. But even if it was, story-wise, we know they only got one. The question boils down to COULD they have gotten more than one. We just don't know for sure. It suggests they could've, maybe.

@DeZ: That is a common theory. However, that is merely for development. What I mean is that, even if that was the original intention, you cannot judge a current game based on pre-production ideas. Even if the V-R11 was supposed to be in "Five", we cannot allow that to hinder our judgement, because, like it or not, it appears in Call of the Dead, not "Five".

The Winters Howl in 'Five' and the V-R11 gun in 'Call of The Dead' were supposedly swapped. If that's true then it would explain why the zombies turn into agents and why 'US' is stenciled on the gun. It makes sense seeing as CoTD is an icy map and the winters howl freezes zombies. It was never an official statement but I think it's pretty obvious there's some truth to this. I know this doesn't really change much but I figured I'd share. :geek:

@DeZ: That is a common theory. However, that is merely for development. What I mean is that, even if that was the original intention, you cannot judge a current game based on pre-production ideas. Even if the V-R11 was supposed to be in "Five", we cannot allow that to hinder our judgement, because, like it or not, it appears in Call of the Dead, not "Five".

I completely understand. I think it helps with the question of why U.S stenciled on it.

About the US on the VR-11...

Haven't we been looking at the weapons from the Mystery Box to be non-canon in their location in time? It wouldn't make sense that there is a PDW from 2025 to be in the Alcatraz Mystery Box of 1930 if it's location in time was canon. Wouldn't it make just make just as much sense for the VR-11 to be plucked from the US to Siberia? Perhaps the VR-11 was a wonder weapon being worked on by the US. But that's simply an assumption. The US could even be the initials of someone working at 3arc, like how the Wunderwaffe DG 3 JZ = Jimmy Zeilinski.

Thanks DeZ.

And bagel, absolutely not. Wonder Weapons are ALWAYS considered. It's the other weapons people don't take seriously. But I've stated my thoughts on that before. Lucifer displaced the weapons just like the Perks, as the mobsters say lines like "if we had such shooters".

When Wonder Weapons are placed in the Box, they are taken from the immediate location, which is why they are not just found every map.

Oh, and I agree with you, they should definitely be considered. However, (and forgive me if you talked about this before) the Ray Gun is found in every map, and it's considered a Wonder Weapon. Ray Guns aren't laying around everywhere, so technically, haven't they in themselves have been displaced? We also see the Winter's Howl in BO Verruckt even though we know it was made at the Pentagon. That too is a Wonder Weapon Displacement.

Oh, well we kinda considered the Ray Gun an exception. After all, so many people manufactured it, and it was involved in so many places. I mean, the Germans, Japanese, Americans, Soviets, Chinese possibly. Due to its popularity, I don't find it surprising it has been lumped with the other weapons.

As for the Classic Maps, those aren't considered canon, because there is no possible time the original characters could've gone back to them.

Ugh been away for to long, I read all but the last full page (to much couldn't handle it). What did I miss on the debating here? ^.^

Oh btw everyone do remember that before Alcatraz was a prison that it was where some prisoners of war were kept. It would make sense for us to find Military weapon here that belonged to the U.S. since U.S. soldiers would have to have been posted here to keep watch on the POW's.

Oh, and I agree with you, they should definitely be considered. However, (and forgive me if you talked about this before) the Ray Gun is found in every map, and it's considered a Wonder Weapon. Ray Guns aren't laying around everywhere, so technically, haven't they in themselves have been displaced? We also see the Winter's Howl in BO Verruckt even though we know it was made at the Pentagon. That too is a Wonder Weapon Displacement.

The Winter's Howl on Verruckt doesn't count because the original W@W Verruckt didn't have it. Displacement in the other maps to me don't mean anything. MoTD on the other hand emphasizes on items being displaced. I do see your point though

• Administrators

The Winters Howl has always been something that intrigues me, I had assumed that it was what Peter was walking on in Verruckt, in which Pernell references as the expirement that was transferred "here" and some thought that meant United States, and we see the frozen wall in FIVE. Just throwing it out there, rip it apart at will.

Hi Zelkova. Actually a sent you a message about a very pressing matter you need to to take a look at.

Also, I made a few texture discoveries, like the V-R11 being from the U.S. We discussed the Naga that ate Gary as well as the Focusing Stone. Oh, were you there for Brutus=Ferguson?

Correct, DeZ. But, I don't like using the phrase "it doesn't count". I am really against that. I dislike when one has a case and says the other's evidence simply "doesn't count". Of course though, it is an unavoidable circumstance. But I try to minimize. I go through various lengthy efforts to try to count all evidence, only out ruling when given no other choice. You should've seen me testing Zombies DS for canon.

Tac, we've discussed that before. I've been thinking about making a thread detailing categories of theories. It sure would help out in explaining why I only accept certain ones. I'm just pulling this off the top of my head, but that would be an "unnecessary complex explanation theory". Basically making an elaborate theory to form a complex hypothesis with little or circumstantial evidence that serves to only be more specific than the proven and obvious evidence given. We know the Winter's Howl was made by the U.S. based on 935 technology. I don't think we are able to be more specific.

No problem, bagel.

PINNAZ, I have heard of it before. I don't really find it surprising, given that they were reverse engineered 935 technology.

So guys, I wanted to tackle the idea that Griffin Station, like many other places in the game, was inhabited by the Germans, Soviets, and Americans. We already accepted Germans (well Richtofen's gang, technically) and Americans. But there is a lot of Soviet evidence. First of all, Gersch was teleported through his device, likely bringing him to the MPD with Samantha. Therefore, he may have been up there. (Gersch Devices are found in Moon...) The Russian Perks are there too. There's Russian rockets. I think there's enough evidence to say that in some shape or form Russians were there. How is this possible? Perhaps Russians did land on the Moon first? That's a pretty audacious claim though. Maybe they tapped into the teleporter? No Man's Land got overrun in 1962, which means that Russians in Griffin Station had to be before that. That means that Gersch would've known of it. Perhaps that explains the Space Monkey experiments on a deeper level.

• Administrators

Perhaps the Soviets - during the Space Race against America - actually landed on the moon without using any form of teleportation? My guess goes directly towards the rockets that they launch (such as the one that can be blown up in Ascension) which could have been initiated before the cosmodrome was overrun by zombies.

This would possibly occur after Griffin Station was established, but a bit before Ascension's date. Once they found the station, they experimented around and brought a few things there. Obviously they didn't have constant access like Richtofen's group/the Americans did, so what they did and what they brought was very limited.

It's far fetched, but it's better than no input at all. :P

Yeah I read the message I currently don't have a response yet I am still considering it. I was present during our original Brutus/Ferguson conversation but not a recent one. And Naga.... Naga like WoW's Naga??? O.O

Oh btw I was rewatching the video showing Ferguson being killed and I noticed you can see other prisoners in their cells who are still alive. I am curious about this.

Yes, I agree Infest. However, it could be possible, and this is stretching even further, that the whole purpose of the Russians getting up there was to try to get Gersch back, their most valuable scientist.

@Zelkova: Well, I need a reply. If it won't be you, I'll have to find someone else. So, I need to know as soon as possible. And I haven't played "WoW". A Naga is an ancient serpentine creature. There's an idol of one on the 31-79 JGb215.

The only prisoners you see in their cells are the main four mobsters.

That's not true you can see them when lights out and Ferguson begins walking one of the lights goes out in a cell to his right and you see someone lying on the bed. This is not the only cell either. I didn't answer because Im just hesitating to hear my voice is all :/

As for Naga yes that's what they are in WoW in fact several times they've come close to taking over the world. Oh nevermind that's a mute point.

I can confirm about the other prisoners. During a high angle shot above Ferguson walking while the lights turn off, you can see the legs and lower body of prisoners on their beds for a couple of seconds before the lights turn off. I think they may be the same model as the Alcatraz Prisoners, but whether they are actually two of the prisoners in Grief, I dunno.

Oh and there's more evidence to suggest Soviet involvement on Griffin Station. Matuzz wrote a thread about this ages ago which seems to have been deleted, but I luckily found the picture on his Steam account. Above the Receiving Bay is a tank or two with Russian writing on it.

Right Click + View Image to see it all if its cut off.

Archived