Is TranZit as bad as it seems?

MasterZ

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Heh, nice introduction. I self think TranZit is the best map of whole CoDZ. Here is why: One of the most important reasons is the atmosphere: Its unique for that map and didn't return in any map. The lonelyness in the west-American middle of nowhere. Secondly, the busdriver isn't for nothing my profile pic. The bus! Its such a nice game element. I know the fog and lava and denizens are annoying, but if they weren't there nobody would take the bus. When you are left on, lets say Farm, how many zombies will come, you have to wait for the bus. I think thats a really cool concept and it makes the map even more unique. In SoE we've got the train, but it isn't a nessesery vehicle, you can also go by foot. It was the first map that added parts, however I agree that its annoying you can only take one part each time. At every busstop you have a buildable that isn't nessesery (except the turbine) and isn't overpowered, but just a nice add to the map: The shield, electric trap, sentry turret( and wunderweapon but the parts of that are all across the map). Other maps are nice, but after you played it a few times (esspesially MotD and SoE with the Afterlife and Beast) it becomes boring IMO. I however can play TranZit forever. Every tine you play it it is different: Sometimes you go out the bus at Diner for the box, sometimes you stay in the bus till the Power Plant, sometimes use the lantern teleporters, and sometimes you don't use the bus and teleporters at all! The map is also still so mysterious, like there are still secrets to find out. Also, Green Run also includes many small survival and grief maps. If you buy BO2 Im sure you won't regret it.

Welcome to the site

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2016 at 10:06 PM, Rissole25 said:

It's missing a lot of potential and could be better. But the hate is overblown. People just parrot "Transhit" way to much.

I agree with this. It is at the bottom of my list, but really could have been much more. If it was treated more like a campaign where kills unlocked the buss's advance to the next area then went to a timer once it got all the way around It could have been better. With such a large map there needed to be more guns and perks and players. 8 player Tranzit would have been fun. 

Tranzit is a fun but flawed map. In the end I think it was too ambitious for its own good. 

Like the BO2 engine couldn't handle all the things the devs wanted in the map, hence the fog + denizens to keep players out of the large empty spaces of the map. 

Still there are some terrible gameplay decisions (the fog + denizens isn't even really that bad) like how to access the PAP.

People like to complain that getting to Pack-A-Punch in Shadows takes too long, at least in Shadows you can get to the PAP.

And let's not forget the useless buildables, the last-minute easter egg and the wasted character potential. 

Still, the Bus Driver is cool as hell.

2 hours ago, Slade said:

Tranzit is a fun but flawed map. In the end I think it was too ambitious for its own good. 

Like the BO2 engine couldn't handle all the things the devs wanted in the map, hence the fog + denizens to keep players out of the large empty spaces of the map. 

Still there are some terrible gameplay decisions (the fog + denizens isn't even really that bad) like how to access the PAP.

People like to complain that getting to Pack-A-Punch in Shadows takes too long, at least in Shadows you can get to the PAP.

And let's not forget the useless buildables, the last-minute easter egg and the wasted character potential. 

Still, the Bus Driver is cool as hell.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I personally loved Tranzit at first and even now have very fond memories of it. It was a wasted opportunity though at the end of the day. The map itself was fantastic and very well laid out but the features within the map let it down badly and I put that down to limitations. If Tranzit came out on BO3 instead I think it would have had much more content and could have easily been one of the best zombie maps ever.

As for the term 'Transhit', I hate it and I disregard the opinion of those who use it. I respect what they tried to do with it even if it failed to meet expectations.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Slade said:

And let's not forget the useless buildables

I like that. At least they are not overpowered or necessary to survive. Seriously, the buildables in BO3 can make difference between surviving till round 10 or round 50, while back in the days they were not necessary.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

I like that. At least they are not overpowered or necessary to survive. Seriously, the buildables in BO3 can make difference between surviving till round 10 or round 50, while back in the days they were not necessary.

I agree buildables now have become essential, and I'm glad Spaceland dropped the Zombie Shield as it's become a sort of crutch. But I also think having balanced buildables is a good thing. The TranZit buildables aside from the turbine were pretty terrible, and time could have been spent in development on making other parts of the map better. While I like the map, a major downfall is how much it tried to do with limited time and limited hardware.

I think buildables like the Maxis Drone are balanced. It had some good utility use but it wasn't required you build it to get to high rounds. Also the head chopper and resonator from Buried were pretty balanced as well.

I personally love Tranzit is one of my favorite maps. It is the very first map who introduces a double way ee,

I like many things of this map: 

- the mysterious feeling who is given by the fog,

- the bus who across the map (who makes really fun

to escape from zombies or leave your team mate out the doors)

- teleporters

- denizen

- teamwork, for example when u have to open the pack a panch zone

- different zones for your survivor fights

- the survivor feeling of the map

there are some maps like zetsubou who are really boring, there is no mystery and no survivor felling

while I really enjoyed it on tranzit who is in my opinion a very good mix of all the things

Plus I think is funny that people complain about maps like tranzit who introduces new different elements

that we didn't have before but then same ppl maybe complain when a new map don't introduce any new.

Or maybe a lot of ppl complain about the fog, the PAP open way but then they get bored when a map is 

too easy to play. 

I think that Tranzit is a unique map, something that we don't have on other maps and the fact it 

have something who make it so different by other maps is in my opinion great. We all here remember in good

or bad way Tranzit features, and this is a positive thing. There are some maps that I don't even remember 

anyway the only way to know if you like a map is play it

• 2 months later...

Archived