Jump to content

Maps Are Merged, Not Standalone


InfestLithium

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Watching the new sneak peak for Revelations, you'd think that (along with 80% of the online community) Salvation is the next Rezurrection 2.0, where it's chock full of Zombies DLC. And parts of trailer seem to indicate it. But if you look closely, this is absolutely NOT the case. 

Here is the Reddit thread by u/Bongo0o showing sections of Revelations that contain enclosed "distorted versions" of the maps we've come to know:

 

 

 

There are more instances within the trailer showing this, but these images are much more precise in showing how particular sections of fan-favorite maps are actually merged together in this...non-physical realm that our heroes have jumped into. 

 

Is this what the Aether has become? Or is it even the Aether, as strongly suggested in Gorod Krovi?

Link to comment
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not convinced that the trailer confirms we will see portions of old maps fused together. It's a possibility, but the memories trailers also showed portions of maps within the forest (The Giant with Richtofen), so it is possible this part of the trailer is just to represent the nature of the forest.

 

The biggest thing for me is the Origins reveal trailer. We had exactly the same tagline 'Every story has a beginning' with flashes of old maps including Moon, Verruckt, Shang, Ascension and Shi no Numa, which had everyone convinced we would have access to these maps within Origins, which was not the case.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

I'm still not convinced that the trailer confirms we will see portions of old maps fused together. It's a possibility, but the memories trailers also showed portions of maps within the forest (The Giant with Richtofen), so it is possible this part of the trailer is just to represent the nature of the forest.

 

The wall buy on the Kino theatre suggests we will be at least getting that area within the map and the Der Eisendrache area also looks playable so that's enough to convince me but the other areas like tunnel 6 on Moon, Shang etc all look the same as the Origins trailer so maybe we won't get parts of all the old maps, maybe just some.

 

Either way my interest is at an all time high right now and I can't wait to see more.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

I'm still not convinced that the trailer confirms we will see portions of old maps fused together. It's a possibility, but the memories trailers also showed portions of maps within the forest (The Giant with Richtofen), so it is possible this part of the trailer is just to represent the nature of the forest.

 

The biggest thing for me is the Origins reveal trailer. We had exactly the same tagline 'Every story has a beginning' with flashes of old maps including Moon, Verruckt, Shang, Ascension and Shi no Numa, which had everyone convinced we would have access to these maps within Origins, which was not the case.

 

If that were the case, why would they bother re-texturing the maps? For the maps we see flash at the start, yes they are exactly the same as Origins, and haven't been updated whatsoever. However, Kino and Nacht etc have definitely been updated. I don't think they would do this just for a trailer.

Link to comment

If we get some remasters of these maps in a transit style sectioned off mash up that'd be really nice.  

 

 

It's not going to happen.  But it'd be nice.  

 

I swear if they try to pass a mash-together of old maps, under the premise there's little to no between area, as the Grand finale. I'll be done with blundel.  It's been a long time sense my bullshitometer has gone off,  but it's off the charts right now and I am NOT OK with that. 

 

Maybe I'm just being paranoid,  OR clinging to the sad idea of the DLC season being over,  but for some reason I don't like treyarch spoon feeding us a little bit of every map from the past and everyone going apeshit over it like its mana from heaven. We deserve more then that.  

Link to comment

@Deathbringerzen, @Spider3000, Having looked at the trailer again, you are correct, Kino and Der Eisendrache do look more likely to be playable areas within the map. Just seen a lot of talk of a mash up map and I think, and hope, we will not be getting that as the final DLC. If those are playable areas, hopefully they will only represent a very small portion of the map.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Deathbringerzen, @Spider3000, Having looked at the trailer again, you are correct, Kino and Der Eisendrache do look more likely to be playable areas within the map. Just seen a lot of talk of a mash up map and I think, and hope, we will not be getting that as the final DLC. If those are playable areas, hopefully they will only represent a very small portion of the map.

It looks like it will be a significant part of the map, but they have shown us a very limited amount of the new map areas. Honestly, this map could be really f*cking huge. Hopefully they get the transportation and flow of the map done well.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Spider3000 said:

 

If that were the case, why would they bother re-texturing the maps? For the maps we see flash at the start, yes they are exactly the same as Origins, and haven't been updated whatsoever. However, Kino and Nacht etc have definitely been updated. I don't think they would do this just for a trailer.

 

Yeah, I think we will have a part of Nacht and several other maps, hell they might just be good and ambitious enough to fit a bit from every map in there. If they do I would be happy as long as there was more to it. I see Mockings concerns but I wouldn't mind having a mash up of all the previous maps as long as it was a good map with good features. I am sure they would reimagine the familiar spots and add new debris and blockages to change it up so you still get a fresh feeling from it.

 

I hope they drop a trailer today. I want to see more.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Tender_Nugget99 said:

My guess is the sections of old maps will be for the EE maybe? a place to teleport to?  I dont want just a map of all the old maps mashed together but if they make these areas places you need to teleport to to buy guns or perks or to do steps of the EE im cool with that.....

Or better Idea, we are in Samantha's house and each room has a portal that takes you to these locations, so they are part of the map but no the whole map.....

Link to comment

OK...  So...  Yeah.  My bullshitometer has calmed.   Are we getting remakes?  No.  But that intro shows us PLENTY of original area.  Hopefully those areas will be the main focus of the maps.  

 

I must note this doesn't feel like a big finale final battle...  This feels like a lulling battle.  I think at the end of the map,  everything will be OK.  The apoticons will be vanquished, and the perfect world will resume..  The O4 can retire their stories, hang up their starting pistols, and live peacefully.  

 

However they will return.  Eventually.  But not... For a very long time...  

 

Just my 2 cents. 

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

OK...  So...  Yeah.  My bullshitometer has calmed.   Are we getting remakes?  No.  But that intro shows us PLENTY of original area.  Hopefully those areas will be the main focus of the maps.  

 

I must note this doesn't feel like a big finale final battle...  This feels like a lulling battle.  I think at the end of the map,  everything will be OK.  The apoticons will be vanquished, and the perfect world will resume..  The O4 can retire their stories, hang up their starting pistols, and live peacefully.  

 

However they will return.  Eventually.  But not... For a very long time...  

 

Just my 2 cents. 

Thing is, how would you expect them to pull of a "Great Battle" at the end of the DLC season without mirroring Origins?

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .