Too similar?

Alright, from the recent gameplay trailer we see MANY different aspects of the giant's gameplay and in my honest opinion.... I don't approve. 

Don't get me wrong, the map looks fun, but it appears that the giant is basically der reise again. Only, now we have

-A more in-depth story

-futuristic weapons

-gumballs. 

-NO4 characters

Aside from that... This is basically the same map, which I don't like. I would be ok with a similar layout, but I expected to see some better mechanics, a new boss, a new wonder weapon, some new perks, new areas, or generally ANYTHING truely new. This is basically the 3rd time we've gotten der reise, something should be new... 

I feel like 80% of the gander was in the opening cinematic, and now it seems the rest of the map is just.... Lacking....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, until we see it! Treyarch know that by them releasing Der Reise, it's going to attract people who love Der Reise. These new gimmicky aspects added into the map (as pointed out above) are really just a given. If we don't find something aesthetically-to-the-map that hasn't changed... Then that will really just set the agenda for the rest of the game... 

Most of us have been waiting for something like this for three years, do you think Treyarch have the balls to disappoint us?

I figured the map layout would be relatively the same, what I'm expecting is loads of EEs and some juicy new story details. Probably even more relevant than SoE tbh. I'm sure the map itself will be far more interactable this time around as well. And who knows, maybe we will get a new secret area or two.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for. Basically the same map with some new toys and a ton of new secrets and story hidden in it to make up for the mess BO2 left. And I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't get at least one new room. Even if its just a secret tiny room. Can't help but feel like we need to open something up during the EE. 

I think it's great that The Giant is very similar to the original releases as it would be a great compliment to the largely convoluted Shadows of Evil map.  I've heard that the new map will be gigantic, have new bosses and enemies, etcetera, so I think they didn't change The Giant much (from what we've seen so far) so fans can have access to a more classic zombies experience, similar to how Nuketown zombies did not have much depth to it compared to Green Run upon release.  

Maybe the Giant acts as a break from all the innovations the newer map has to offer... Even if it is the same map for a third time.

I think it's great that The Giant is very similar to the original releases as it would be a great compliment to the largely convoluted Shadows of Evil map.  I've heard that the new map will be gigantic, have new bosses and enemies, etcetera, so I think they didn't change The Giant much (from what we've seen so far) so fans can have access to a more classic zombies experience, similar to how Nuketown zombies did not have much depth to it compared to Green Run upon release.  

Maybe the Giant acts as a break from all the innovations the newer map has to offer... Even if it is the same map for a third time.

This is really great point. Having the classic, smaller experience of The Giant that is mroe akin to classic maps and also having the new massive and chock-full of features map of SoE provides two varied gameplay experiences that make for a better overall experience with zombies at least. They could've added survival maps like their last game to get the same result but by having The Giant as a remake not only does it provide a classic experience but in a classic setting too.

I know a lot of people don't like remakes or see it as lazy development, but the story implications for everything they showed in this map is just simply too promising to lament. And not only do we get a new map with new interesting characters and a whole bunch of new features, having The Giant gives us the O4 alongside all of that. And can you honestly be against having the O4 as a playable option from launch?

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎57‎:‎49‎, Ansem said:

I'd be a little disappointed, because I'm honestly tired of Der Riese and it's clones Kino and Ascension, but it's been forever since I've really played zombies anyways. Maybe it'll feel different, idk. We'll have to wait and see.

You're saying Kino and Ascension are Der Riese clones? :BLAZER:

I'm hoping for a straight clone, they'll have plenty of DLC's to give us maps that feel different.

I think people are forgetting that this is a bonus map, yes it's a continuation of the story, a "sequel" to Origins, but as a map, it's just reskinned for us old players to enjoy, it's more or less a marketing ploy to keep the veterans interested, at least I hope that's what it is.

I'll be highly disappointed to see Der Riese be changed to a degree that it doesn't feel like the old map. It's like the star wars remaster, it just isn't right! haha

I want every board, every perk, and every single  easter egg from W@W/BO.

If you guys remember when they remade the older maps for the Moon DLC package, I was complaining that there was fall damage on my old maps lol, I'm picky!

Here are the things I don't care about changing though.

1.Radios

2.Weapons (as long as there is a Thompson, and FG)

3. BGM- Maybe add another EE song, but keep our old one too!

4.A new room or two- this will worry me but as long as it's a room that isn't easily trainable I wont mind.

5. Quotes- Obviously no one wants to hear the same old saying about illuminati and all that, unless it's more fleshed out and has more weight as a whole.

Edited by Tattoo247