Double XP in Zombies from Doritos, Mountain Dew & Monster

Who cares? Like why even announce this so many months in advance, as if people are going to be so excited about this anyways.

CoD fans are always happy for XP. And with Zombies getting a new progression system? Yeah, having Double XP on launch to get ahead of everyone and see what's in store is kinda really a big deal. Perhaps not for you, but then again, you don't speak on the behalf of those who love the level-up progression.

I never said I did, all I said was who cares considering there is so many months until the game comes out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the XP progression system has no hinderence on gameplay like the ability to do EE's or anything. All I want is for it to allow us to unlock aesthetic changes only.

Maybe different starting pistols or different camos for PaP.

I really can see them doing something like this though. Since in BO3's MP there is very big focus on how you can have just about every attachment on every weapon now. Even rapid fire on sniper rifles ( just decreases bolt length for bolt actions). What if we could unlock attachments as we level up and have them equipped to our character persay, so that whenever we buy a wall weapon or get one out of the box the weapon automatically has this attachment on it?

I just hope the XP progression system has no hinderence on gameplay like the ability to do EE's or anything. All I want is for it to allow us to unlock aesthetic changes only.

Maybe different starting pistols or different camos for PaP.

I really can see them doing something like this though. Since in BO3's MP there is very big focus on how you can have just about every attachment on every weapon now. Even rapid fire on sniper rifles ( just decreases bolt length for bolt actions). What if we could unlock attachments as we level up and have them equipped to our character persay, so that whenever we buy a wall weapon or get one out of the box the weapon automatically has this attachment on it?

Ascetics and custom weapons would be nice. 

Same promotion will be ran in Europe by Monster Energy and it looks like the XP System is only for Shadows Of Evil 

Monster Energy, the ultimate fuel for gamers, is once again teaming up with Activision Publishing, Inc’s blockbuster Call of Duty franchise to offer fans across EMEA Double XP in the highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies mode, ‘Shadows of Evil’, which hits shelves worldwide on November 6.

https://mobile.monsterenergy.com/us/en/news/monster-energy-joins-forces-with-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-for-first-ever-double-xp-emea-promotion-in-treyarchrsquos-signature-zombies-mode/

Edited by LiamFTWinter

I don't like Monster Energy. :(

I don't see how 15 minutes is a worthwhile amount of time in a gamemode like Zombies though. When you play a game of Zombies, you're probably usually in it for the long haul. Still though, we'll have to see how the mechanics of the prestige system itself work first.

They're making SOE to sound like it has it's own grand mode like they made TranZit sound. Not sure what to think.

Yes, this terrifies me - honestly.

I'm just waiting for the UNLOCK A CAN OF MOUNTAIN DEW AS PLAYABLE CHARACTER incentive.

• Moderators

@Lenne be getting unlimited Double XP now

Which would be fair, cause my playtime would be limited to the weekends. :P

I am still unsure about the xp system only being in Shadows of Evil, as maybe since The Giant is a bonus mapr for special edition, maybe the promo materials just don't include it... Idk.  im sure we will get another "gameplay reveal" trailer a couple weeks before release

That is what got me thinking as well.

I assume The Giant will be more of a classic map and SoE will be more towards MotD and Origins or maybe something completely new.

C'mon @LiamFTWinter you know an apple a day keeps the zombie away.

I agree though, apples was just the first thing that came to my mind.

But I mean, their target audience comprises a VAST amount of different people from around the world.  Surely some care about not shoveling garbage into their gobs?

And it's not that I don't like having a junk food snack every once in awhile.  But like, copious bags of Doritos and bottles of Mountain Dew, is that really a way to foster a fanbase?

I dunno just getting philosophical here.  Sorry for the granola rant.

Preach it brother.

As an american, I am going to disregard your opinion in favor of imagining you dancing in lederhosen on the other side of the mic when we chat. 

I really doubt this is going to be Pay-To-Win anyway. They have emphasized through all their interviews that they kept the simplicity of zombies intact. No XP system would break that, so i am assuming it is just going to add versatility to gameplay. It's not really a competitive game anyway, except for grief, so I doubt it will be like "race to level 50 so you can roll into a game invincible on round one." I'm sure the Double XP stuff will let you get stuff faster, but i doubt that the "stuff" that you get will uproot the zombies we know and love. Treyarch themselves said in their recent appearance on that Sony interviews with creators thing that the inspiration for zombies and the core element has always been that Cooperative defense is always the most fun co-op in their opinions. Key word: defense. This has always been a constant in a game where you can't win, but they are definitely not gonna give you a full loadout on round one. I trust that XP, whatever it does / unlocks, will add to the experience without killing the simplicity of it, and won't turn my friends who are higher levels into OP killstealing whores.