COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

For some reason I feel like I have seen a documentary about MK-ULTRA that used footage seen in Clip#14, I'll look around for it, it seems familiar, maybe a documentary about Ewen Cameron or something similar?

The reported symptoms in clip#14 are all related to brain tumors, or implants in this case.

Also, this looks a lot like the surgical implants given to patients during the attempt to create a "Manchurian candidate" that the CIA did during the Cold War with MKULTRA, Bluebird, Artichoke, etc.

We know that Black Ops 1 was basically all about playing as a Manchurian Candidate, with the numbers being the controlling factor affecting the psychology of the subject.

I guess the question we should try and answer is, is this more of the backstory on the brainwashing done on Alex Mason, is it more backstory on the Group 935 (The Nazi) attempt on mind control, or is it both, bringing the two together through Operation Paperclip or some other unknown connection?

Not sure how a zombie/campaign crossover would work, personally I think they should stay separate but it would be kind of cool to have a overlap.

Edited by BlackOpsTiger
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my idea about Dr Salim kind of restarting a project that was started back in World War 2 could work, especially with the teaser of the nurses.

"Several subjects have experienced frequent bouts of paranoia..." 

So lets see... lack of taste sounds like russman, paranoia would be stulinger, Impaired hearing also sounds like russman.... If the next snaps reveal anything regarding OCD  I'm linking it to marelton. 

Misty doesn't have any odd symptoms I don't think.... 

I've been meaning to post this, I posted it in the original thread right around the time posts stopped showing up.

I feel like out of all the imagery we've gotten in these teasers, there is an abundance of nature - namely forests. It really got me thinking about the symbolism of a forest (or "frozen forest") which in turn got me researching the symbolism:

"The forest is a symbol of the unconscious, a picture of archetypal patterns of the collective unconscious. Frequently, these are to behavioral patterns that are known from fairy tales, myths and legends.The forest is synonymous with mysterious, adventurous and demonic, that our ego plunges from one adventure to another."

I completely agree that we may have an "animus" type situation here. The forest of ones unconscious/subconscious could hide important details, and it could aid the plot. I'd love it if 3arc included subconscious levels, exploring your forest.  Could also incorporate past lives, different dimensions.  The options are limitless.

Really impressed with the depth of this viral campaign, 3arc have outdone themselves in a truly psychedelic way.

I've been meaning to post this, I posted it in the original thread right around the time posts stopped showing up.

I feel like out of all the imagery we've gotten in these teasers, there is an abundance of nature - namely forests. It really got me thinking about the symbolism of a forest (or "frozen forest") which in turn got me researching the symbolism:

"The forest is a symbol of the unconscious, a picture of archetypal patterns of the collective unconscious. Frequently, these are to behavioral patterns that are known from fairy tales, myths and legends.The forest is synonymous with mysterious, adventurous and demonic, that our ego plunges from one adventure to another."

I completely agree that we may have an "animus" type situation here. The forest of ones unconscious/subconscious could hide important details, and it could aid the plot. I'd love it if 3arc included subconscious levels, exploring your forest.  Could also incorporate past lives, different dimensions.  The options are limitless.

Really impressed with the depth of this viral campaign, 3arc have outdone themselves in a truly psychedelic way.

I think the Animus thing would be interesting. Maybe they are missions while Doctor Salim operates on you. Like reliving your past while you are being upgraded. 

"Several subjects have experienced frequent bouts of paranoia..." 

So lets see... lack of taste sounds like russman, paranoia would be stulinger, Impaired hearing also sounds like russman.... If the next snaps reveal anything regarding OCD  I'm linking it to marelton. 

Misty doesn't have any odd symptoms I don't think.... 

​Hmmm I posted earlier that the enhancements might cause the subjects minds to degenerate because the brain and body can't handle all these enhancemetns. Parnoia definetly suggest something like that.

New one:

Heartbeat monitor throughout, and in the last second it gets louder and more rapid, either the patient's pulse is rising drastically, or the patient is straight up dying.

"... fears phobias and even dreams contribute to a temporary overload of ... concious minds."

Can't really catch the first word and the one between "of" and "concious"..

To me it looks as if the patient is dying and can see some of his life "flash" by. In a split second the frozen forest is back. Crows in another.

This seems like it's building up to something, it gets really loud and intense at the end.

Edited by WillyWonka

Maybe Woods and Mason got their minds transplanted to another person in order to give young bodies combat experience
like no other. 

​Definitely a possibility. The quote from Woods, "they'll always need men like us.", backs your theory up. The main character is almost obviously going to fight off the brainwashing/memory transfer, similar to Alex Mason. And what if the new character got Mason's memories and started to think they were his own?

The tagline "How Far are we willing to go?" makes even more sense now. Whoever is in charge is making completely controllable, dangerous soldiers who can't think for themselves.

I think that the link to the original Black Ops with this game is something to do with what happened to Mason. Like a restoration project of that but it went wrong.

He wouldn't survive the next game is set in the future but he obviously has some connection to this Doctor Salim thing because he was trying to get stuff out of Mason in Black Ops.

It looks a lot like Hudson, but why is he the unmarked man?

​He had his legs blown off and his throat slit, how would he survive that? Although I do agree it looks like his silhouette. 

​This pictue could be from time before his death. Black Ops III might do same as Black Ops II and skip between eras,

Anyways I tweaked the image a bit:

Hudson.png.a9c1256d3a57e97f89090135dc4ef

Also the way the picture is set reminds me of how we saw Hudson as black figure trought the window when Mason was strapped in the chair,

Hudson.thumb.png.63224735f6861ea8d78765d

Thats what I was thinking too Matuzz. I think something happened (cant remember what they call it in BO2) in between Black Ops 1 and 2 that will affect this game.