Astronaut?

Frenzy

A lot of players have been wondering this for many years now. I want to see what you guys think about this.

So, on the map moon you can trap the astronaut on the other side of the map by allowing both excavators to come down. This forces the astronaut to never come in your site throughout the remainder of the game. 

You can also do this by leaving a door closed in Tunnel 6 or Tunnel 11 then allowing one of the excavators to come down and trap the astronaut inside or outside of the room.

Would you consider this to be legit play or would you say that the player is glitching? I have always wanted to ask an actual Treyarch employee that worked on the game this question, unfortunately that is extremely difficult to do. So I submit the thread to this forum and see what the Call of Duty Zombies community thinks about this scenario. 

Not trying to start any controversy or drama, so please none of that in this thread.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

That's a really good question. Personally I wouldn't call it glitching, but cheeky maybe? It's a smart idea and incredibly useful I'm sure, and you're not exploiting something wrong with the game so I hesitate to use the word glitch, but to me, it's definitely cringe worthy haha.

• Tech Admin

It's within the designed game mechanics, Treyarch introduced the astronaut, the tunnels and the excavators.

Whether they overlooked the fact that he could be trapped or whether they knew he could be trapped is a different question. However, here is the most important factor in the whole equation, it has never been patched.

Irrespective, it is part of the game mechanics, it's not like your are entering part of the game that you shouldn't be (i.e. wall glitching). Logic dictates that it is not glitching.

I would consider it not cheating since it is in the game but I wouldn't particularly do it because it would take out the astronaut who is to me something pretty cool that they added into Moon.

• Administrators

Normally glitches in the last DLCs go unpatched after a month or two from release. I would say it is a legitimate as it is strategically planned and are not breaking the game. However I have seen a lot of high round players freeze the cosmonaut in the dome by launching as he spawns in. I see that as an exploit and not a strategy. To me that is on the same level as sitting in the elevator with the sliquifier in Die Rise for the entire round. It's not glitching the game per say, but it is abusing an unintended funtion.

• Administrators

It's fair play in my eyes. Glitching is going into a "dead code" spot that prevents zombies from harming you (i.e. lighthouse front door glitch, Moon's PhD Flopper corner glitch) or something that was purely not intentional and is a fault due to the coding. With this, you're doing something that's a little more innovative and unique, without disrupting the scripting flow.

You know that an excavator was made to slow down your routes and possibly stop your movement.

An astronaut (like any other zombie) likes to follow you.

Put the two together, and you've created a man-made prison with the mechanics STILL being utilized for its purpose.