How Teleporters Work

Electric Jesus

Now, there has always been a lot of creative license in these games. Like, giant robots in WWII? That's why they call it Science FICTION. But a lot of the sciences involved in some of the more abstract parts of zombies have at least some basis in reality. So I'm here to discuss the real life science that applies to the functionality of the teleporters.

One thing I'm uncertain of is how the actual transference takes place. It is a "matter transference device" or MTD, but it isn't really explained how this works. My first thoughts were this:

Quantum Teleportation

Imagine a machine that is designed so that it sets it so that if object A is pointed up, then object B must be pointed down. you put each object into a box and run them through the machine. Then you send object B's box 10 lightyears away. It would theoretically take 10 years for light produced by object B to reach you. However if you open object A's box, you see that it is pointing up / down and instantly know the position of object B. So even though the speed of light is the universal speed limit, you could determine physical characteristics of an object more quickly than light could actually tell you. Then say the machine creates a new object B in the correct position based on its knowledge of the position of object A.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that every time you teleport, it creates a second clone of you that comes out the other end, while simultaneously destroying the original.

BUT! there's a twist. This theory doesn't fit very well with the teleporter's time travel capabilities. here's my brief simplified explanation of how time travel works for those of you who aren't familiar with relativity.

Theory of Relativity

So everything has "time energy" and "space energy." Time and Space are a lot less different than you might think, but whatever. Don't worry about that for the sake of this explanation. Basically you have space energy as you move through space. However it directly correlates to your time energy, which is the rate at which you move forward in time. We are all moving at basically the same speed through space and time, because we are on the same planet moving around the sane sun in the same solar system. Whatever movements we make on earth are negligible in the grand scheme of things. However if we were to increase our space energy (by moving really fast) it would also increase our time energy. That's why if we were to travel at the speed of light, we would arrive back on earth to find that everyone else had gotten older while we remained the same age. We have more time energy because of our increase in space energy.

So yes, in real life, forward time travel is 100% real. It has actually been experimentally proven. two identical clocks set to the same time were brought together. One was left on the ground and another was on a jet. The jet pilot flew several laps around the earth at super sonic speeds, and from his perspective his clock was ticking at one second per second. The observer on the ground also observed that the stationary clock was ticking at one second per second. However when the pilot landed, his clock was a few seconds behind the stationary one. His space energy increased to the point where he was traveling ever so slightly faster through time.

Also from a physics standpoint, if you could turn off gravity's influence on you, you could anchor yourself to a single point in space, you could go 50 years in that spot stationary, and turn gravity back on and start moving, and no time would have passed for anyone else at all.

fX8FQtE.jpg

As far as I know backward time travel is not confirmed as being possible.

Anyway, to me that kind of negates my theory on the teleporter's quantum transference. I mean, I GUESS theoretically a teleporter could create a clone of you IN A DIFFERENT TIME, and then destroy the original IN THE ORIGINAL TIME. There's nothing saying that that isn't true. But I prefer another theory.

One thing to mention before I go on is the ridiculousness of the teleporting animation. If it really did just recreate a clone of you on the other side, then what the hell is with the blue swirling and random images you see while teleporting? It implies that you are still from the perspective of the character. So the person who enters the teleporter is the same as the one who leaves it, and not just a clone. It's a continuous consciousness.

Granted, in zombies, characters DO have souls, or a sort of consciousness outside of their body. But somehow that soul is transferred alongside their body.

So my theory, taking into account the teleporter's ability to send you through space and time, is as follows:

Basically, it disassembles you on an atomic level, and sends those particles through the air where they are re-assembled at the destination (mainframe.) When it gets over charged with 115 and sends you through time, it does the same thing, but the particles that make up your body simply travel to the destination at a much higher speed, so that your individual atoms are traveling at close to the speed of light, thus sending you forward in time.

Just to put it into perspective for you, at 86% the speed of light, you age one year for every two years on Earth. At 99% the speed of light you age one year for every seven years on Earth. If it were possible for a human to travel at the speed of light, (which in real life it is not possible) then we don't know what would happen. You would travel through time so much faster than everyone else by comparison, that maybe a few seconds of traveling at that speed would equal decades to everyone else. You know how the teleportation animation in zombies lasts only a few seconds, yet it can send you forward in time from the 40s to the 60s almost instantly? (from Der Riese to Kino) Well, that could be because the particles that make up your body are propelled through space at almost the speed of light. As close as it is possible to be to that speed without reaching it, which is impossible.

So think of it this way. Let's say the speed of light is one million m/s. that's not true but I'm just picking a random number for an example. Anyway, if you travel at 860,000 m/s, you would be moving forward through time at twice the speed of everyone else. If you were moving 990,000 m/s you would be moving through time seven times as fast. At 999,999.999 m/s, since the rise is exponential, we might be able to travel through decades in a matter of seconds.

I want to know if I missed anything important, or if you disagree, or if my knowledge of the theory of relativity is less than accurate. But that's just my $0.02 on the subject.

like I said zombies is based in science fiction. Not everything needs a real world explanation. Shrink ray? psh. But this is just my attempt at making the connection.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has something to do with relativity to dimensional void. 

Those are a bunch of words I made up and put together to describe the phenomena for an object existing in one area, and the same object existing in a different dimension in a different location. 

Matter can not be created or destroyed, so by pulling, say a walnut, into our reality requires that we also push another walnut of the exact same dimensions out of reality. Now, the difference is, the walnut being pushed out of reality is in a different location then the walnut being brought in. So one can shift a Nikolai on the stage to a subconscious domain, and pull in the one originally occupying the sub-domain which happens to be located in the projector room, he can upgrade and then after a bit, be immediately shifted back, the original nikolai would return, but the weapons brought back to him have to occupy the same space as the nikolai who was in the projector room. 

In "five"'s case you're correct, the dimensional difference is extremely esthetic. So it seems logical that it would be more efficient to dis-assemble a body on one end and open it again in another. Same goes for the origins portals, and the buried ones… and the MOTD teleport-chairs (although that could be demonic influence). However, how the N4 travel from green run to die rise I'd like to think worked like that. 

In real life cloning is creating a separate entity with identical DNA to an original organism. I was just pointing out that if the cloning theory is in play with teleporters (which it most likely is not) it would be possible for a copy to retain memories from the source. The worm's head was regrown on the same worm body, but regardless its entire nervous system was removed and replaced, which is effectively a cloning type of thing. Because, if you cut your arm off, that arm isn't you. So like when you get beheaded, you are actually getting "be-bodied." because who you are is your brain / nervous system. If you could recreate that, you effectively recreate the organism.

But like I said zombies complicates it all with pseudo realistic science and the inclusion of souls and fantasy elements. So who knows.

• Administrators

The way I have always seen the transference of matter is that the 115 breaks down the original object to the molecular level and sends it to the end point. The process looks somewhat like an hourglass, where you've got the full object at the beginning and as the energy breaks you down to a molecular level, it becomes more and more compact before you pass through the point at the center of the glass, the absolute zero point, and begin to reconstruct on the other side.

Now, I disagree that we are travelling through the air near the speed of light and that's what's allowing us to time travel. Using the hourglass example above, I believe that the absolute zero point mentioned is us actually traveling through another dimension, which we all call Aether. The time travel is occurring because we are actually traveling through a wormhole. As far as evidence to back this up, one in particular is on Der Riese, where the words "Return Through Aether" in the image below is written on the wall. I believe this is referencing the teleporters and that we are going through Aether.

ReturnThroughAether_zps9149da93.jpg

Edited by Tac

My question about wormholes though. Does the teleporter act like an artificial wormhole, or does it create a wormhole, or tap into an existing one? Also the concept of wormholes is connected to the Casimir effect. I kinda got the impression that Richtofen didn't understand this concept until ascension, although they time traveled twice already at that point. I think it's possible that they teleported to Kino and Ascension by accident, and then Richtofen used the knowledge he gained there to tap into a wormhole with the teleporter and use it to send him to a deliberate time / location. You can tell he's new at it because he sends them too far into the future in CotD.

• Administrators

My question about wormholes though. Does the teleporter act like an artificial wormhole, or does it create a wormhole, or tap into an existing one? Also the concept of wormholes is connected to the Casimir effect. I kinda got the impression that Richtofen didn't understand this concept until ascension, although they time traveled twice already at that point. I think it's possible that they teleported to Kino and Ascension by accident, and then Richtofen used the knowledge he gained there to tap into a wormhole with the teleporter and use it to send him to a deliberate time / location. You can tell he's new at it because he sends them too far into the future in CotD.

Because Richtofen is able to set a time and date, I don't believe that he is able to tap into a wormhole because then you'd have to hope there's one out there that's sending you to where you want to go. Even then, you have to get to a wormhole to go through it. The teleporter could create a temporary wormhole that collapses after you go through it, or it just acts as an artificial one. I personally think it's the latter, but I'd have to put more thought into it.

• 3 weeks later...

So what we know about the MTD. It's based on Die Glocke that used Mercury which in the game is replaced by Ununpentium know as Element 115. The devices required tremendous ammount of power and they were linked to eachother or mainframe or devices used by Vril-Ya like the pyramid and Shangri-La which is one giant time teleportation device. The teleporters used the Aether dimension which is/was used by Vril-Ya who Richtofen came in contact by testing the MTD prototype. The aether is also controlled partly by anyone using the M.P.D aka pyramid.

By using Element 115 and electricity you can break down the body, travel trough the Aether and come out of other link and reanimate your body. If the reanimation goes wrong your apetite for brains will increase tremendously. Only few are able to go trough the teleportation unchanged or with out severe side effects.

But we must not forget that americans developed a digital way of teleportation which also linked into Aether. Then there is third method of teleporting and that is trough the hole of Denizen. Also phasing zombies can teleport by themselves. And Richtofen while in control of Aether can bring people from death and apparently teleport them without the need of existing links. Most likely because of the huge Element 115 overload caused on Earth by the rockets from Moon.

• Administrators

@Matuzz I think reanimate may be the wrong word, but rather reassemble, or reconstruct. And by the reconstruction going wrong, what do you mean exactly? I understand that overexposure to 115 can mess with your brain and mind, like Dr. Maxis, which can lead to "the sickness" as Dr. Richtofen calls it, but what does that include? I wasn't aware it made you yearn for for brains, I thought it literally just made you sick and unhealthy, like Takeo puking after teleportation. However, I suppose that could also be attributed to moving through the wormhole and things unrelated to 115. Anyway, I guess my question is how do we know that when Element 115 is introduced to a live human, it makes them more into a zombie, especially "tremendously" like you said?

As for the digital teleporters, which include the Gersh Device and Five Teleporters, it seems pretty clear that they run on similar technology, where the Gersh Device is just a pocket version of the Five Teleporters. However, the Five Teleporters are either more advanced or serve a different purpose, seeing as Zombies can go through one and not the other. I personally say the Five Teleporters are just more advanced, because we know that the Gersh Device wasn't completed when Yuri killed Gersh. I've also been convinced for a while now that these digital teleporters don't have any Element 115 in them. Nothing about the Ascension Group has screamed 115 to me, and sure ex-935 scientists are a part of the group, but it's just so different than the others. Just my ramblings, tell me what you think.

@Matuzz I think reanimate may be the wrong word, but rather reassemble, or reconstruct. And by the reconstruction going wrong, what do you mean exactly? I understand that overexposure to 115 can mess with your brain and mind, like Dr. Maxis, which can lead to "the sickness" as Dr. Richtofen calls it, but what does that include? I wasn't aware it made you yearn for for brains, I thought it literally just made you sick and unhealthy, like Takeo puking after teleportation. However, I suppose that could also be attributed to moving through the wormhole and things unrelated to 115. Anyway, I guess my question is how do we know that when Element 115 is introduced to a live human, it makes them more into a zombie, especially "tremendously" like you said?

As for the digital teleporters, which include the Gersh Device and Five Teleporters, it seems pretty clear that they run on similar technology, where the Gersh Device is just a pocket version of the Five Teleporters. However, the Five Teleporters are either more advanced or serve a different purpose, seeing as Zombies can go through one and not the other. I personally say the Five Teleporters are just more advanced, because we know that the Gersh Device wasn't completed when Yuri killed Gersh. I've also been convinced for a while now that these digital teleporters don't have any Element 115 in them. Nothing about the Ascension Group has screamed 115 to me, and sure ex-935 scientists are a part of the group, but it's just so different than the others. Just my ramblings, tell me what you think.

Well Fluffy seemed to get desire for brains after going trough the teleport. Also we know that Richtofen and Maxis had many speciemens that they used. And those who didn't handle the teleportation process simply died and become zombies. Der Riese radio "The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled." Some of them simply exploded or meleted in the process before they had first test subjects get trough and become zombies. And some just dissapeared.

Which then gave Maxis the idea for undead army. That's how at least I have though it occured. I have also always believed that the teleporters in FIVE caused the outbreak in pentagon when the german zombies who were stuck in Aether (didn't arrive in mainframe) finally got chance to come trough them.

Only few were able to actually go trough german teleporters and still be human/have their body and those were Samantha, Richtofen, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and maybe Ludvig (long exposure to Element 115 helsp?). The reason why zombies can't go trough German teleporters is probably because of the electricity that zombies hate so much. Ie. Wunderwaffe and electric fences.

Edited by Matuzz
  • Administrators

Well Fluffy seemed to get desire for brains after going trough the teleport. Also we know that Richtofen and Maxis had many speciemens that they used. And those who didn't handle the teleportation process simply died and become zombies. Der Riese radio "The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled." Some of them simply exploded or meleted in the process before they had first test subjects get trough and become zombies. And some just dissapeared.

Which then gave Maxis the idea for undead army. That's how at least I have though it occured. I have also always believed that the teleporters in FIVE caused the outbreak in pentagon when the german zombies who were stuck in Aether (didn't arrive in mainframe) finally got chance to come trough them.

Only few were able to actually go trough german teleporters and still be human/have their body and those were Samantha, Richtofen, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and maybe Ludvig (long exposure to Element 115 helsp?). The reason why zombies can't go trough German teleporters is probably because of the electricity that zombies hate so much. Ie. Wunderwaffe and electric fences.

With the teleportation, they could either use someone alive, someone dead, or someone in between, like a zombie. I doubt they used zombies because we know that they died when put in a teleporter. We know that Element 115 causes dead cells to reanimate, so therefore to get a zombie to come out, they needed to use dead specimens, or dead people. I mean why use live specimens when there's a chance it dies, and when you can use a dead one and possibly bring it back to life? But yeah I agree that that gave him the idea of an undead army. So this was after Dr. Richtofen had already teleported the walnut, probably sabotaging the machines so Dr. Maxis could never figure out how to really teleport anything.

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: Initiating test number six. Subject is within test chamber. Activate power.

*Teleporter is activated*

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: Damn it Edward! Did you set up the device correctly?

Dr. Edward Richtofen: Yes Doctor. As per your specifications.

Dr. Ludvig Maxis: If you had done it to my specifications then it would have worked, wouldn't it? As usual your incompetence has... What?

In regards to Fluffy, that's true. So she went through Aether/Hell and the Devil took control of her. I think the pregnancy comes into it because when she went through the teleporter, the babies died but the Element 115 caused them to come back to life. Otherwise, she would've had the babies while in Aether, which I think is less likely.

There's also a few more live people that teleported. All of those who worked at Griffin Station, including Dr. Groph and Dr. Schuster.

Dr. Edward Richtofen: Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension.

*Crowd begins conversing again*

Dr. Groph: Preposterous!

Dr. Edward Richtofen: No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station.

I definitely agree that they hate electricity, seeing as how the traps in Kino are electric, aren't they? On top of this, is there anything to suggest that more Element 115 does anything bad to them, or not really?

With the teleportation, they could either use someone alive, someone dead, or someone in between, like a zombie. I doubt they used zombies because we know that they died when put in a teleporter. We know that Element 115 causes dead cells to reanimate, so therefore to get a zombie to come out, they needed to use dead specimens, or dead people. I mean why use live specimens when there's a chance it dies, and when you can use a dead one and possibly bring it back to life? But yeah I agree that that gave him the idea of an undead army. So this was after Dr. Richtofen had already teleported the walnut, probably sabotaging the machines so Dr. Maxis could never figure out how to really teleport anything.

I think they aslo used live subjects. Richtofen was extremely shocked after a test subject exploded/melted. Which on the other hand doesn't make any sense knowin his past as "The Butcher".

Edward: "O-Oh my God!"

Dr. Maxis: "Get a hold of yourself and clean that up! Test number 3 unsuccessful, test subject has been reduced to the same state as previous subjects, clean up the test chamber and re-calibrate the system! Let's do it again."

Edward: "Yes, Doctor."

In regards to Fluffy, that's true. So she went through Aether/Hell and the Devil took control of her. I think the pregnancy comes into it because when she went through the teleporter, the babies died but the Element 115 caused them to come back to life. Otherwise, she would've had the babies while in Aether, which I think is less likely.

There's also a few more live people that teleported. All of those who worked at Griffin Station, including Dr. Groph and Dr. Schuster.

Dr. Edward Richtofen: Nein, Dr. Groph, I know what it does. It is a direct connection to another dimension.

*Crowd begins conversing again*

Dr. Groph: Preposterous!

Dr. Edward Richtofen: No more preposterous than teleporting all of you to (Static) Griffin Station.

I definitely agree that they hate electricity, seeing as how the traps in Kino are electric, aren't they? On top of this, is there anything to suggest that more Element 115 does anything bad to them, or not really?

I don't think more Element 115 has anymore harm to the zombies. But then again we don't know the creation process for Nova6 and Denizens zombies which all feature human like features.

We know that Samantha, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo were all been experiment by Richtofen. Maxis was always around Element 115 and already noticed side effects. Maybe Richtofen was able to create serium that allowed people to go trough the portals which he also gave to the Group 935 employs who sided with him on betrayal of Maxis and worked on The Griffin Station. Maxis didn't have that so he lost his body but because of Element 115 his soul/consciousness managed to stay intact into the Aether. Maybe?

Edited by Matuzz
  • Administrators

We know that Samantha, Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo were all been experiment by Richtofen. Maxis was always around Element 115 and already noticed side effects. Maybe Richtofen was able to create serium that allowed people to go trough the portals which he also gave to the Group 935 employs who sided with him on betrayal of Maxis and worked on The Griffin Station. Maxis didn't have that so he lost his body but because of Element 115 his soul/consciousness managed to stay intact into the Aether. Maybe?

Yeah it's interesting why Dr. Richtofen was able to forego any effects while Dr. Maxis succumbed to the sickness. The only issue I see with that is he had Griffin Station scientists teleporting from 1940-1943 but he didn't capture Dempsey, Nikolai, or Takeo until 1945. He was still developing that serum in 1945 so I don't think he had it for the Griffin Station scientists.

Dr. Maxis was an older man, so maybe that played a part. He simply could have worked with Element 115 much more than Dr. Richtofen, so he became much sicker? He seemed pretty hellbent on Element 115, the rods, Agartha, and all those things, so maybe he played a much more hands-on role?

EDIT: @Matuzz, I just thought of something. We've been saying that the teleporters created the zombies by putting in dead people, but how? In the Der Riese radios, we hear about test subjects numbers 3, 5 and 6. Number 3 gets destroyed, Number 5 vanishes but doesn't reappear, and Number 6 is when they get teleported. We hear Dr. Maxis trying to control a zombie, but if the system wasn't correct at test 5 and the testing stopped at test 6, where did the zombies come from? I mean we know that they came from teleportation, but how? Tests 5.1, 5.2, etc?

So ok, we have a few different variations of teleporters though. There is the 935 model teleporter, as seen on Kino and Der Riese. Then there's the "five" version. Then there's the Gersch device. Finally we've got the Origins version.

I always imagined that the progression of their development went as follows: (pretend origins is relevant for a sec)

So group 935 discovers the Origins portals, and studies them to come up with the basis for teleportation. They create a concept for a similar "gateway" style teleporter which ultimately gets scrapped. That scrapped model is seen in the Nscht Der Untoten loading screen. Then they take a new approach and make the Der Riese model. Anyway after the fall of the Nazis in WWII, the allies seize 935 documents. They decide to try to create their own teleporters, but instead base their prototypes off of the initial "gateway" style teleporters. That's why the teleporters in "five" behave more like the ones from Origins. The soviets made their own attempt at re-creating it, in the form of the Gersch Device. The Moon teleporter has a classic 935 model (obviously).

Oh yeah, then there's the Denizens. That's probably because they are creatures mutated by 115, and the earth is enriched with it from the missiles.

So ok, we have a few different variations of teleporters though. There is the 935 model teleporter, as seen on Kino and Der Riese. Then there's the "five" version. Then there's the Gersch device. Finally we've got the Origins version.

I always imagined that the progression of their development went as follows: (pretend origins is relevant for a sec)

So group 935 discovers the Origins portals, and studies them to come up with the basis for teleportation. They create a concept for a similar "gateway" style teleporter which ultimately gets scrapped. That scrapped model is seen in the Nscht Der Untoten loading screen. Then they take a new approach and make the Der Riese model. Anyway after the fall of the Nazis in WWII, the allies seize 935 documents. They decide to try to create their own teleporters, but instead base their prototypes off of the initial "gateway" style teleporters. That's why the teleporters in "five" behave more like the ones from Origins. The soviets made their own attempt at re-creating it, in the form of the Gersch Device. The Moon teleporter has a classic 935 model (obviously).

Oh yeah, then there's the Denizens. That's probably because they are creatures mutated by 115, and the earth is enriched with it from the missiles.

Where is it confirmed that their was 115 in the missiles? From what we saw their was already zombies on Earth like in Groome Lake and the missiles blew up the Earth. I never understood why people think there is 115 in them it really bugs me sorry.

EDIT: @Matuzz, I just thought of something. We've been saying that the teleporters created the zombies by putting in dead people, but how? In the Der Riese radios, we hear about test subjects numbers 3, 5 and 6. Number 3 gets destroyed, Number 5 vanishes but doesn't reappear, and Number 6 is when they get teleported. We hear Dr. Maxis trying to control a zombie, but if the system wasn't correct at test 5 and the testing stopped at test 6, where did the zombies come from? I mean we know that they came from teleportation, but how? Tests 5.1, 5.2, etc?

Black Ops II Maxis diary:

"Though our matter transference tests at the new site have been largely unsuccessful, the teleporter's malfunction has nonetheless yielded some interesting data. 

The fact that the test subjects departed their original point of origin is undeniable. What is uncertain is what became of them."

From that we know that there has been a lot of subjects dissappearing. Apparently subject number 5 was first one.

Black Ops terminal file:

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE ONLY***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE A91374***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbedjensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY A91374***

“Ludwig Maxis

“Personal file.

“The experiments continue

“And the Reichstag call it

“A success

“But these creatures

“Cannot be controlled.

“Their minds are lost/

“They are automotons.

“This is what the Reichstag

“Wanted.

“Between the teleporters

“And our Armeeuntoten

“They believe the world

“Will be theirs.

“But the untoten cannot

“Be constained.

“It spreads far worse than

“Ever imagined.

“It will be th death

“Of us all.

***END FILE***

So again before the Fluffy experiment they already had A LOT of zombies in their hands. I think this pretty much confirms that hey had a lot more subjects than just 5 before Fluffy. So it's pretty safe to say that there indeed must have been subjects 5.1, 5.2 etc. When did the first zombie appear on the mainframe we can't know :/

After all before Maxis was betrayed Verruckt had been built and it had fallen to outbreak. Peter had gone to Shi No Numa to test DG-2 by Richtofen's order and Kino had been setup in Berlin as successor of Verruckt.

Edited by Matuzz
  • Administrators

I completely forgot about that, great find. So back to the teleporters, I believe that the Gersh teleporters was intended on just being the pocket version of the Five teleporters. They both have the numbers coming out of them, and if I remember correctly, they both teleport you to random locations (as in there's no set mainframe), but it seem clear to me that they run on the same technology. That raises the question though, why does the Gersh open a black hole? Was that accidental due to it being incomplete or on purpose? I would think accidental, because I'm not sure of the benefit of creating a black hole haha

I completely forgot about that, great find. So back to the teleporters, I believe that the Gersh teleporters was intended on just being the pocket version of the Five teleporters. They both have the numbers coming out of them, and if I remember correctly, they both teleport you to random locations (as in there's no set mainframe), but it seem clear to me that they run on the same technology. That raises the question though, why does the Gersh open a black hole? Was that accidental due to it being incomplete or on purpose? I would think accidental, because I'm not sure of the benefit of creating a black hole haha

Actually it isn't completely random. It is still a gateway of sorts. Think of the five / gersch teleporters like a hallway. There is a door leading in and a door leading out. The five teleporters are like a hallway full of many doors. There is still one way in and one way out, you just can't be sure which is which. Remember when you use a gersch device and teleport, you do come out of another inert black hole. The problem there is just that the door at the end of the hall isn't built until you're in the hallway itself, and you have no control over which room in the house it leads to. Like Hogwarts. Still. One way in. One way out.

They both take place at the sane time. I think they are BOTH incomplete. ("Five" and Gersch devices.) I agree that gersch devices were just pocket teleporters that had not yet been perfected. Why it only attracts zombies is a mystery.

Edit: and I think both were inspired by the origins portals, which the soviets and americans would have read about in recovered 935 documents.

• Administrators

Actually it isn't completely random. It is still a gateway of sorts. Think of the five / gersch teleporters like a hallway. There is a door leading in and a door leading out. The five teleporters are like a hallway full of many doors. There is still one way in and one way out, you just can't be sure which is which. Remember when you use a gersch device and teleport, you do come out of another inert black hole. The problem there is just that the door at the end of the hall isn't built until you're in the hallway itself, and you have no control over which room in the house it leads to. Like Hogwarts. Still. One way in. One way out.

They both take place at the sane time. I think they are BOTH incomplete. ("Five" and Gersch devices.) I agree that gersch devices were just pocket teleporters that had not yet been perfected. Why it only attracts zombies is a mystery.

Edit: and I think both were inspired by the origins portals, which the soviets and americans would have read about in recovered 935 documents.

Yeah I just meant random in the sense that you don't know which portal you'd be coming out of. But yeah it's very odd how the Gersh Device works that way, very intriguing device.

Plus just looking at the gersch device's hardware, it doesn't even appear to have any dials or screens on which you would be able to set a pre determined destination. So that has to be a prototype. The next (never built) version would have likely had more than just one big switch. We've never really seen how Richtofen enters coordinates / times into the teleporters (apart from mainframes), but we know that it's possible.