THe ray gun mark two: Here to stay or left with BO2.

Poll  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thing is that it originally wasn't on every map. How do we explain that chronologically? By adding it in later they are re-writing history a little. In-game this actually could be explained by etherial influence. Someone else could have created it, but Richtofen could have sent it back to TranZit and Die Rise after its first appearance in Buried. Also because of the way it was added late, we can't be sure whether buried is the actual origin place of it. Its appearance in Origins and MotD are irrelevant, as that involves temporal rifts and such. I think we can assume it was made pre-nuketown by a human, although the patched-in manner in which it was introduced jumbles its timeline up to buried.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Treyarch would give Porter some background. I'd also like to see some Harvey Yena weapons and the 87 weapons.

About the Mark II's origins location, we really have nothing to work on. It's sorta like Mule Kick. We first saw it on Moon. Than it was patched in to all maps. Canonically, Mule Kick wouldn't have been at Nacht der Untoten, and using that and the fact it wasn't there originally, I would say it wasn't there canonically from Verruckt to Shangri-La, just there for gameplay purposes.

Maybe the Mark II appearing in the other maps is just for a gameplay feature? I honestly do think Buried is it's focus map. But there is nothing to really hint about it's origins, other than being H. Porter's creation.

The most realistic answer is that it was 115 pulling it through time and space (which I guess could apply to it appearing in the other maps), although it seems like a cop out honestly.

Another thing is that it originally wasn't on every map. How do we explain that chronologically? By adding it in later they are re-writing history a little. In-game this actually could be explained by etherial influence. Someone else could have created it, but Richtofen could have sent it back to TranZit and Die Rise after its first appearance in Buried. Also because of the way it was added late, we can't be sure whether buried is the actual origin place of it. Its appearance in Origins and MotD are irrelevant, as that involves temporal rifts and such. I think we can assume it was made pre-nuketown by a human, although the patched-in manner in which it was introduced jumbles its timeline up to buried.

The box takes guns from the past and future, I dont even care as I said just wait and see if they answer it next game

I wish Treyarch would give Porter some background. I'd also like to see some Harvey Yena weapons and the 87 weapons.

About the Mark II's origins location, we really have nothing to work on. It's sorta like Mule Kick. We first saw it on Moon. Than it was patched in to all maps. Canonically, Mule Kick wouldn't have been at Nacht der Untoten, and using that and the fact it wasn't there originally, I would say it wasn't there canonically from Verruckt to Shangri-La, just there for gameplay purposes.

Maybe the Mark II appearing in the other maps is just for a gameplay feature? I honestly do think Buried is it's focus map. But there is nothing to really hint about it's origins, other than being H. Porter's creation.

The most realistic answer is that it was 115 pulling it through time and space (which I guess could apply to it appearing in the other maps), although it seems like a cop out honestly.

Ever noticed how its easier to get on Buried, I can guarantee I get it on that map more than any. Also it was hyped to be in Buried so I dont know how much more evidence people want, its better than it being built in the Aether which has never happened before.

Ever noticed how its easier to get on Buried, I can guarantee I get it on that map more than any. Also it was hyped to be in Buried so I dont know how much more evidence people want, its better than it being built in the Aether which has never happened before.

I don't think it was built in the Aether, is that even possible haha? I think there's two possibilities. It was either created or whatever in Buried, or created somewhere someplace and 115 pulled it there. Tbh the Paralyzer and Time Bomb are hard to find their origins for as well.

And yeah, Buried definetly has a higher drop rate for it, or atleast gives the illusion it does. Multiple people can have it, less box weapons (?) and having the Big Guy smash it into one place would probably make it seem like you get it quicker instead of running around looking for the box.

I don't think it was built in the Aether, is that even possible haha? I think there's two possibilities. It was either created or whatever in Buried, or created somewhere someplace and 115 pulled it there. Tbh the Paralyzer and Time Bomb are hard to find their origins for as well.

And yeah, Buried definetly has a higher drop rate for it, or atleast gives the illusion it does. Multiple people can have it, less box weapons (?) and having the Big Guy smash it into one place would probably make it seem like you get it quicker instead of running around looking for the box.

I never stated any of those conditions

Ever noticed how its easier to get on Buried, I can guarantee I get it on that map more than any. Also it was hyped to be in Buried so I dont know how much more evidence people want, its better than it being built in the Aether which has never happened before. Something else about the ease of getting it on Buried, is also that every player can carry It.

No other map has that feature, definitely worth a thought.

Really? I'm sure there are other maps with the ability for multiple people to get it…. Could have sworn it's possible...

Nope. Definitely confirmed that only one player can get it.

I think the relaxing end had a video of two RGM2s. But I think he obtained them from going down, and someone hitting the box while they were down, so it was as legit as have two wunderwaffes in der reise.

I could have sworn I just played an Origins with 2 RGM2s. I'll have to keep my eyes open for this in the future. I never knew there was even a question there.

@DeathBringerZen I think you and a few other players had confirmed this on the Activision forums had you not?

I wouldn't be able to give proof from codz, but I'm nearly certain several threads were made about it on the Activision forums.

Unfortunately, at the time Buried came out I had no idea how awesome codz was!

Edit: so I just went searching on the Activision forums, and opinions are kinda mixed up. Back in July lots of people said that several people got the RGM2 ingame, but most of them were talking about Buried.

In August/September opinion had changed to that only one person could get it outside of Buried.

@MegaAfroMan you don't feel like going back on that game in theatre mode do you?

^ I agree with this. It is just a gameplay mechanic, it serves no point on other maps but is still there, just like Mule Kick from Nacht to Shangri La. We don't understand how it's on those maps, when its just there to give the maps more playability.

^well the original Ray Gun has tons of backstory(relatively). But they throw this new version in and expect to get away with it having no backstory? I doubt it. Unlike Mule Kick and most perks for that matter, the Ray Gun has been a huge piece of the storyline. Therefore it has to be more than just a gameplay mechanic.

I try and explain and help and it doesnt get taken into consideration even though it makes the most sense. Actually look for the story its right there.

I gave it with more evidence then any of you have, I can't even be bothered with this post. You said it has no story but you are so wrong, you don't want to except the story which is the problem.

I gave it with more evidence then any of you have, I can't even be bothered with this post. You said it has no story but you are so wrong, you don't want to except the story which is the problem.

No, the problem is that we don't know what you're referring to. That isn't your fault, but I also would appreciate it if you would clarify.

Japanese men at the rising sun facility (Shino Numa) created blue prints for the Ray gun which Maxis seized. He began work on the Ray gun but handed the project over to Porter a scientist at 935. Porter then went on to create the Zap Guns and Wave Gun, with skills learnt from the origina Ray Gun and even the Wunderwaffe DG-2. This was then present on the moon showing Porter must have been involved with Richtofens develpoment of Griffin Station. Porter built the Ray gun and then at some point must have been present in the Borough under living stone mine as there a new version of the Ray gun was created which would help create the MKII. Originally it was meant to be a buildable which would be added to this new Ray gun but would only be buildable in Buried showing it was being developed in Buried. But Porter must have finished it as we see it fully built and present in the map. It is unknown if Porter created anything else in the borough as nothing was ever mentioned.

Porter made both of the Ray guns and the Zap/Wave Guns as the PaP name states: Porters x2 something or Max Wave Gun a reference to Max Porter the creator in Treyarch of the guns. (Max is not the characters name as it is referenced as H. Porter)

Evidence:

Pack-a Punched weapon names.

Radios linking to events of the Ray guns creation.

Black Ops 1 Terminal Vbush and Oppenheimer's Data Servants.

Hope that has put a rest to it anyways I want it to come back and be rare from the box, something should prevent it being obtainable through Fire Sale. Same rules apply for it as having a powerful weapon existing that people sought for is a very good concept. 

That Electric. I dont even care about arguing whether it came from the Aether or not, that is a logical answer that to me and a lot of people makes sense and is probably true. If none of you can accept that then the answers are not in the past but in the future so be patient because at this point I do not even care.

I'm not  stating your correct because I don't believe that's true. And that's not evidence. That may be a fact that both ray guns upgraded are called porters, however there is little evidence that proves the M2 is not a mutated porter's M1. Likewise there is little evidence that shows the M2 un-paped to be of porter's build either. 

MY THEORY is

The Mark 2 is a mutated mark 1. 

The upgraded M2 is a mutated upgraded mark 1. Due to the fact it's still porter's build but a different gun it keeps the name. 

Is that any less likely then your THEORY? 

Ok ok i gotcha. Also I don't think it was created / modified in the aether. I think you're right that porter developed it, and that its canon location is buried. That doesn't necessarily mean that Porter was there himself though, or that he actually made it there. There are plenty of possibilities as to how it got there, as I don't see why porter would ever go there. The town jumped forward in time to post-missile strike, meaning he either developed the gun after the missile impact or potentially hundreds of years before. Neither of those seem very likely, So I'd bet that he actually made it elsewhere and it got sent to buried by some other means.