THe ray gun mark two: Here to stay or left with BO2.

Poll  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well… That's my hot-topic medal in the bag. 

Anyways, can we cool it with the denouncement of ideas, I'm all for putting a theory to rest but… 

"I always assumed demonic richtofen built it in the aether…Then split it around his reign of maps, where it was pulled into other dimensions like hell and origins… "

NO!

Does not bring forth any solid evidence that I am wrong… Proof, or my theory is just as logical. 

He's bored, he wants better minions, he's able to do these things, and whom else want's to and is able to, build a mark 2 who still has the power? 

Why hasn't Sam or even the Mob of the Dead announcer done it before hand. Even Richtofen before hand. Then look at how he sends the undead at them still, while giving them utilities to survive. Almost as if he cannot decide what do with them. Anyways I will keep bringing you back to the point that its H.Porters Mark II Ray Gun.

I think that only apples to the upgraded version… 

I still think even more-so then my last theory that it has to do with exposure to 115.

That would mean the regular ray gun would transform into the M2 and the porter's mark 1 would also upgrade it's self, so it's still porter's original weapon, just changed. This would account for the fact that porter is long dead. 

I think that only apples to the upgraded version… 

I still think even more-so then my last theory that it has to do with exposure to 115.

That would mean the regular ray gun would transform into the M2 and the porter's mark 1 would also upgrade it's self, so it's still porter's original weapon, just changed. This would account for the fact that porter is long dead. 

Find me the proof Porter was dead any time up until when the RGMII was created.

I have a question why is everybody trying to make the creator some complex theory, why can't we stick to what we know and have always known.

BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!

EXACTLY.

The one recurring point is we really don't know.

Nightmare, you're ideas are excellent. Logically, you're bang on. The only reason you haven't won this discussion is because we don't have any proof.

Your argument would be totally void if it was called Jeff's Epic Raygun.

Does anyone remember how disappointed people were when it was revealed it was called Porters Mark two raygun? Not some fancy name? (actually, I think it was probably just a syndicate video that I'm referring to there).

EXACTLY.

Nightmare, you're ideas are excellent. Logically, you're bang on. The only reason you haven't won this discussion is because we don't have any proof.

Does anyone remember how disappointed people were when it was revealed it was called Porters Mark two raygun? Not some fancy name? (actually, I think it was probably just a syndicate video that I'm referring to there).

We know Porter created the first actual working weapon known as the Ray Gun so why wouldnt Porter make the MKII, anyways as I say the name is in the Pap version and in the Vbush Terminals or somewhere in the terminal it mentions a Second version being developed by H.Porter. Maybe if you really dont believe my theory wait till next game if it gets more story we will know the truth, if not we can work on a different theory that fits.

EXACTLY.

We know Porter created the first actual working weapon known as the Ray Gun so why wouldnt Porter make the MKII, anyways as I say the name is in the Pap version and in the Vbush Terminals or somewhere in the terminal it mentions a Second version being developed by H.Porter. Maybe if you really dont believe my theory wait till next game if it gets more story we will know the truth, if not we can work on a different theory that fits. Somewhere at some point I've missed that you've said there's mention of Porter creating a second gun. This terminal, is there anywhere I could find a link to it? (youtube etc)

EXACTLY.

We know Porter created the first actual working weapon known as the Ray Gun so why wouldnt Porter make the MKII, anyways as I say the name is in the Pap version and in the Vbush Terminals or somewhere in the terminal it mentions a Second version being developed by H.Porter. Maybe if you really dont believe my theory wait till next game if it gets more story we will know the truth, if not we can work on a different theory that fits. Somewhere at some point I've missed that you've said there's mention of Porter creating a second gun. This terminal, is there anywhere I could find a link to it? (youtube etc)

Let me just look for it and ill reply with a new comment.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Vbush Just scroll down a bit and you will reach a summary of the Ray Gun Section.

Ok. I'm now even more undecided.

What the terminal states is EXACTLY what you said, a second generation gun is being developed by H Porter.

But, if you scroll down to the wonderwaffe Dg2, it also states that the weapon has a newer generation that is under development. The DG3.

Which would ultimately suggest that the model that H Porter has worked on, was the original raygun, pack a punched.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Vbush Just scroll down a bit and you will reach a summary of the Ray Gun Section.

What the terminal states is EXACTLY what you said, a second generation gun is being developed by H Porter.

But, if you scroll down to the wonderwaffe Dg2, it also states that the weapon has a newer generation that is under development. The DG3.

Which would ultimately suggest that the model that H Porter has worked on, was the original raygun, pack a punched.

But it says DG3-JI not DG-JZ so I ignored it as it may start to get us onto a discussion of is there going to be some new form of Wunderwaffe. Does the upgraded version decrease splash damage? Also why would someone create a pack a punch variant when we have a machine for it?

But it says DG3-JI not DG-JZ so I ignored it as it may start to get us onto a discussion of is there going to be some new form of Wunderwaffe. Does the upgraded version decrease splash damage? Also why would someone create a pack a punch variant when we have a machine for it? Very true. But COD wiki is infamous for misinformation and typos, so I took it as that.

BUT, you are quite right with the peripheral damage bit. I can't say I've ever noticed that the PaP'd raygun has a smaller splash radius, but I do find I down myself a lot more when it's unpackapunched.

Either way, there is absolutely no splash damage with the RGM2, so yeah... Our arguments are now sadly over. :-(

Honestly I think the Mark 2 was a sort of "back-up" for the BOII wonder weapons. They branched out so much with buildables, upgrades, infinite ammo, etc. Basically every BOII wonder weapon was an original concept, and they weren't sure if everyone would like them all, so to compromise they gave us the MK2 to fall back on. It was a good idea because it acted like a middle geound between the raygun and a classic wonder weapon: Consistent OHK ability and mass killing, but the mobility and general use of a raygun.

It was a genius concept for BOII because it was in conjunction with less consistent wonder weapons. If they make wonder weapons more set in stone in the next game it will be unnecessary, but in twrms of likeability I hope it returns, although it doesn't NEED to.

@The Meh I know you said sorry, but for future reference:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/06/27/treyarch-discusses-the-ray-gun-mark-ii/

The original designer of the art for the first Ray Gun, Max Porter, also made this design. It still bears his name. We just kind of talked about it and he just went away and did the art.

It’s cobbled together with parts of the original Ray Gun, plus some new bits. It’s an original creation that really harkens back to the old design, and it can be Pack-A-Punched just like the other weapons.

http://www.jessesnyder.org/trenches/?p=42

The Ray Gun is another awesome, semi-accident that fit perfectly with Nazi Zombies. One of our weapon artists, Max Porter, did the Ray Gun as a total fun, side project for himself. One day he walked by and was like “Hey, want to see something cool?” That was pretty unlike him, so he brings me over to his desk shows me the the Ray Gun model in first person (it looked pretty finished minus the animations).

Just be cool man, you can disagree with statements without acting like a dick.

Dude they are just having fun throwing around ideas. That is the point: To have fun. It's based on a game after all. Why shouldn't they make ideas? because they are most likely wrong? who cares? everybody is most likely wrong here. That's the nature of this fanbase.

Another thing on topic is that we don't really know how the PaP machine works. We can tell that it gives you a weapon infused with 115 somehow. The idea about over-exposure might be plausible because maybe Porter found out exactly what the machine does, and did it himself manually to a raygun. Otherwise there is no reason to "invent" a PaP raygun, as we have had a machine for that from the start. They probably named it after him because he figured out how PaP works.

Again just an idea. Not claiming to be true... or necessary...

Edit: To be fair you DO seem easily angered. as your first casual post was punctuated with "f***ing wonderful" and it only escalated from there. That is against the CoC as well I might add. There are more mature ways of conveying your ideas.