Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire

I know the footage said it wasn't final, but I hope they don't follow Ruby and Sapphire to the dot like they said with the full remake. Sapphire made sense with Kyogre and Aqua being under water, and their base in Lilycove. Ruby it just always felt weird having Magma in the Lilycove Hideout, and having them and Groudon under the ocean. I liked with Emerald how they gave them a base in Mt Chimney and have Groudon be there as well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to consider a few things regarding these games. The lack of a Pokemon Z or equivalent is intriguing me. I'm beginning to wonder if they're going to incorporate the two together. Sure they said it'd be a full RS remake, but doesn't mean it can be ONLY that, right?

-Jolteon

I'm starting to consider a few things regarding these games. The lack of a Pokemon Z or equivalent is intriguing me. I'm beginning to wonder if they're going to incorporate the two together. Sure they said it'd be a full RS remake, but doesn't mean it can be ONLY that, right?

-Jolteon

Supposedly FireRed/LeafGreen came before Emerald, so It's very possible Z will be out after them. I don't think it'd make any sense to combine Z and these two.  

Yeah, ZOTD has it right. Z will come out next year if it's sticking to the pattern. Could be X2/Y2, but Zygarde and the themes and all.

That island we see, I think that is Sootopolis. We're Kyogre/Groudon comes up seems roughly the area where you dive to get to the cave if I remember. It's right when the weather conditions become ferocious after their released.

I wonder if we will be getting Steven or Wallace as Champion? It will most likely be Steven, but I wonder if Wallace will return as Sootopolis Gym Leader. And if so, what will happen to Juan?
Also curious if Looker will be involved.

• 3 weeks later...

So some interesting news has surfaced. Nintendo have acquired the trademark for Delta Emerald. Could we be seeing THREE remakes coming? I know a lot of people liked Emerald even more than RS so it could be possible.

Although I'll be pissed if we get and Emerald remake before a Yellow remake.

-Jolteon 

Some companies buy rights to titles and specifically don't use them. Just saying. Don't get your hopes too high...

As for Emeraldizing the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, that should be given, the most likely scenario. Look at HeartGold and SoulSilver. HeartGold was actually a remake of Gold/Crystal whereas the outer Silver/Crystal. Because while it was still a two-version system, they incorporated the additions made to Crystal in the originals, like Suicune's thing, for example, as well as a Battle Tower-like structure. Odds are that they will take the world presented within Emerald and cut it into Ruby and Sapphire in the remakes. And of course they'll probably add who knows what else.

Hmm I hope you're right MMX. That's what I was hoping for the whole time, but who knows. Maybe they're changing things a little. Maybe it'll go XY, ORAS, Z/X2Y2, than DE.

I wonder, with the next handheld and whatever gen is on it. What will they remake? Will they do Gen 4 or go back to Gen 1 I wonder.

Ehhhhhhhhh there are no calls to remake Gen 4 or onwards at all. I know a lot of people liked Gen 4, me included, but honestly I can't see them doing it because it's not THAT old and it would be fairly pointless. If anything I see them remaking Yellow; that's if they do another remake at all. At least with Yellow there are a lot more people wanting them to do it.

Honestly more than anything I'd love for them to make a new console Pokemon adventure like Colosseum or XD. big fan of those games because they brought something new and exciting to the Pokemon world. Although with Wii U sales how they are I can't see it happening personally :/

-Jolteon

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, reporting in on a whole ton of new things that have surfaced (yay for CoroCoro leaks)
First off, Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert confirmed. Mega Sceptile is a Grass/Dragon type and has the ability Lightningrod, while Mega Swampert retains his Water/Ground typing and has the ability Swift Swim. Nice. Swampert now looks like the biggest tank ever (assuming Def. raise), while Sceptile's new Dragon typing will presumably raise his Sp. Att. We also have a Mega Diancie heading our way (a Mega and it hasn't even been released yet...)
All pictures will be at the end.
Groudon and Kyogre's new forms (pictured on the cover art) are going to be known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval *insert name here* (Translations are a bit up in the air atm) and they "devolve" via "Ancient Devolution/Primordial Revival", a new form of Mega Evolving which allows Groudon and Kyogre to "reclaim their power in the modern day" which should make for some very powerful Pokémon. Remember that Groudon and Kyogre were the ones who created the Hoenn region, so this can be assumed to mean they have basically come out of hibernation, and back into their true powers.
Another thing was shown and that was the redesigns for Team Aqua and Team Magma. Wow. They are so drastically different, that it's amazing they were the same teams as they were 11 years ago. Starting with Team Magma:
The grunts look largely the same, apart from a new patterned undercloth. Courtney's horns have changed colour, but thats about it. Tabitha looks like he's been eating fast food 3 meals a day, 7 days a week for 11 years.
Aqua's grunts hats are now black. Matt and Archie look like they're on steroids. Shelly's hair is now black.

May and Brandon have been given a terrible redesign. May looks messed as **** and Brandon looks plastic. if you're gonna make May look very different, at least make her look somewhat human.

Other:
Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game
Mega Evolution device is the Mega Bangle

Pictures:

corocoro7141th.jpg

corocoro7142th.jpg

corocoro7144th.jpg

corocoro7145th.jpg