Good Teammate/Bad Teammate

This is a thread for people to post what they like to see, and don't like to see, in their teammates. I'll be posting a few things i like and dislike as well. Remember whatever i post is based on personal belief and opinion so no hate please!

5 Likes:

1) When a teammate actually takes time between rounds to see if you're ready whether it be holding the last zombies for you to get ammo, hit the box, ect. It just shows they care about team work and getting far.

2) When a teammate will make a strategy even if they don't know you. A lot of people are scared or dont like to speak to people over the internet let alone make a strategy with you so it's nice when people will communicate.

3) When a teammate isn't all about personal survival and will let other teammates get points to hit the box, get ammo, ect.

4) When a teammate doesn't quit the game just because he or she got down one time. C'mon i mean really? You havent even given me a chance to revive you yet  :angry: !

5) When a teammate, even if they don't own a mic, still tries to communicate and stick together with the teams plan and still listens to the other 3 players through their tv. Things do happen to peoples mics and they do break and what not so why leave a game just because one person doesn't have a mic? They can still communicate.

5 Dislikes: 

1) When a teammate will ridicule another just because of their knowledge of zombies. I've seen it to many times where a player will act all high and mighty because they know every little thing about zombies. Just shut up. You can know nothing about a games background story and still be good at it. Just play the game!

2) When a teammate will run aimlessly around the map mixing up trains, manipulating the AI to try and get kills. If your train runs out of zombies dont come to mine and try and steal them! Jeeez  :o !

3) When a teammate will open lots of doors and not tell his/her other teammates. I NEED to know if zombies are coming from a new spawn especially if its close to my training area.

4) When a teammate tells you what the strategy is rather than make one with you. I hate when i get into a lobby and right away they're automatically the team leader and start demanding what perks people get where they'll stand ect. 

5) Lastly, when a teammate will continue to send you hate mail/messages if you go down in a game, quit, ect. It's like yes some things are annoying but i mean if it gets you that bad... Over a game of zombies?? You might need a little help.

Well this is my teammate thread! Sorry for any errors in spelling or punctuation i've looked through the thread and think everything is pretty readable and understandable. And, please, don't forget to put in your feedback about what you like and dislike about teammates!  :D  

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things that drive mental:

1)Quitters. I'll try to revive you, and a lot of the time I will. If I don't, I'll cover you to get a gun/perks. I'm totally with you on the people quitting as soon as they go down.

2) Dictators. I play zombies to have fun. I don't play to have some guy throw a hissy fit if I don't do something that he wanted. I know how to play zombies, I haven't just started to play the game. I love people discussing strategies with me, but please don't demand that I do something. (one of my favourite Origins games in the last while was with a fellow codzer, we didn't say much, just when we needed to do something, but it was a really enjoyable game!)

3) For the love of god, if you know I'm running in a spot, please warn me if you're going to run near me!

If they don't do any of those 3, I'll play with anyone. Even if their highest round is ten!

On a side note, one of my best online friends I met as origins came out, our highest round back then was 8.

Now its 49!

If they don't do any of those 3, I'll play with anyone. Even if their highest round is ten!

On a side note, one of my best online friends I met as origins came out, our highest round back then was 8.

Now its 49!

This is what i like. Not all people are going to be masters even if they've played for a year or so they might not be the best. Just because someone doesn't get to 50's and 60's rounds doesnt mean they aren't good or have the potential to be good.

I really love playing with new players or "crossbone" ranked people so I can show them the ropes of the map and maybe rub off some of my skills ( :P ) or have them watch me clutch a round if I wasn't able to revive them. Haha :D

On the contrast, I extremely hate it when players look at my plain skull rank and mock me and call me a noob when they either glitched to get their rank or relied on another teammate (nothing wrong with that). Just today, I played a game of Die Rise without a mic and was ridiculed in the pre-game lobby. I sent them a message to check my leaderboards before the game started. Next, I trolled a glitcher to rage out of the game by blowing up his trample steam, clutched round 25 because my last two teammates sequestered themselves in a place I couldn't possibly revive them. In the next round, I went down for the second time legitimately, at the beginning of the round. I heard one teammate say, "Don't revive him, I want that sliquifier!" The game ended promptly because of his lack of skill, and I'd like to hope a little bit of Treyarch style karma.

And I hate glitchers, more specifically "invincibility" or invisible ledge glitches. I will do whatever possible to wreck someone's glitch, as I know how much glitches can mess with leaderboards and ranks. I am fine with funny visual glitches or glitches that don't involve people being untouchable by zombies. 

I hate when people ask me to plug a mic in or leave if I don't. I have the right to choose when I play with a mic. And if I buy two doors in a row, I usually will not buy the next. In special cases in which everyone ends up going down because they are too selfish to spend their precious points, I will give in. I don't take kindly to box whores who waste all their money to hit box. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

This makes me all warm inside, because I agree with most of what you said, and it reminded me of something which happened last Thursday. 

My friend had recently gotten Black Ops 2 + DLCs and no one wanted to play with him because he wasn't very good. Anyway, we loaded up some Mob of the Dead, and I taught him the map. His first game we hot Round 34, could have gone further but I was host and I had to go. By the end, he was safely running the cafeteria and Acid Gatting his way out of corners like a pro. I was so proud.

I love that even great zombie players like you guys and everyone on this site for that matter understand that even if you aren't great you can do well. I honestly think that players that get to the 20's and 30's rounds are good i mean cmon even on solo thats about 1300-1500 zombies so how is that bad? Wanna know something else i hate? When people think they cant get any better. Theres been tons of times people have taught me new things in zombies that i never even thought about doing. You can always learn something new so keep an open mind.

Knowledge and practice are what separates average players from greats.

Instincts obviously help, but instincts are generally developed from practice.

Knowledge means knowing that if 2 players are on the stage on Kino, and one goes down that there is more than enough time to do a very safe half map, collecting all the zombies behind you enabling a very safe revive.

In the same vein, knowledge means knowing that if you or a teammate goes down, the worse thing to do is spam your sallies (as the downed player) or to kill a bunch as the alive player.

If you have a group of crawlers around you, it's more than likely that I won't be able to revive you.

COTD - you go down on round 14, what good is shooting your pistol at all the zombies going to do, except to likely piss off George, which is likely leading to you not coming up.

And a lack of a mic on most games is just not happening.  If you bleed out entirely, and spawn back with 1500 points, I can get you Jugg plus a gun back, in my sleep, if you can talk to me.

Occasionally someone has enough savvy to follow my lead, but most of the time it doesn't happen.

If you aren't the best player at zombies, having a mic is often going to be the difference between you enjoying the game, or watching me clutch a round.

Knowledge and practice are what separates average players from greats.

Instincts obviously help, but instincts are generally developed from practice.

If you aren't the best player at zombies, having a mic is often going to be the difference between you enjoying the game, or watching me clutch a round.

Thank you to the moon and back for what you said about knowledge and practice i agree fully. Even if you get to high rounds if you have no knowledge or practice eventually the zombies will out smart you. People need to understand that even if youre good when a new map comes out you need to explore , need to see how the AI works, or just plain practice to get better. The mic thing i agree with you fully about also. If youre new you need to ask questions and see how things work from more experienced players It'll definitely benefit them in the future 

• Tech Admin

I actually played a game on Die Rise last night, one with skull and knife the other 2 with crossbones. Well, I set myself up early and we all went quite well until about round 7/8 then the guy with skull and knife went down and backed out immediately without given someone a chance to revive him. The 2 crossbone players hadn't gone down yet, however, that changed quickly. Within the matter of 5 rounds I had a total revive count of 17, I'm no master of Die Rise as I've never really played it but I've learned a lot on this map over the past week.

Unfortunately by round 17 the 2 players had backed out after being revived a few more times. So in essence, I like players that continue no matter what and dislike players that back out on the 1st down. You won't learn anything until you listen to those with a greater knowledge, I'm no great player by any means but I'm definitely better than average.

@ Hells Warrrior Yeah i mean its not like you're trying to preserve your stats after going down either because the down already counts as a down. I understand its hard to regain yourself but i mean at least try right? Heart goes a lot further than skill in my book at least

Don't like people who tell me how to play (when they are able to play themselves), people who quit cause they went down/changed their mind about playing, people who brag about how good they think they are (doesn't matter how good they really are, no one likes braggers) or people who insult others without being provoked.

However I do like people who are polite and respectful and who don't leave games. I also love people who are open to learning.

The people who become the best are those who are always thinking about what they did wrong and looking for ways to improve. I like people like this.