Proof That Team Zombies Didn't Work On Mob And Origins?

While browsing reddit the other day I noticed something very interesting. There was a giveaway for a Developer signed copy of Black Ops II (wish I could've told you all, but the site was down for the mega redesign). Reading it, I noticed the OP said this: This is signed by the core Black Ops 2 Zombies team, I went around and got it exclusively signed by those of us who worked on TranZit at the time (as well as Die Rise and Buried thereafter).

I find it odd how he doesn't mention that the Zombies team didn't work on Mob or Origins. This would imply that another team mainly worked on the maps. Maybe this is finally sufficient proof that the Campaign team created both maps, as I had my doubts before. What do you guys think about this?

Proof: http://www.reddit.com/r/RandomActsOfGaming/comments/1ukl5u/giveaway_developer_signed_codbo2/

EDIT: Why is a part of my post white highlighted? That's pretty weird.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting I suppose that MotD and Origins were not mentioned, however as MMX said, it doesn't necessarily mean Campaign v Zombies team. More likely each map had slightly different groups due to contracting and rotations within the company.

I'd be interested in any other bits of evidence to suggest different teams however. Thank you for actually bringing something to the table on this claim that has been floating around for ages.

Reddit is a scary place. On a different note.

It is interesting I suppose that MotD and Origins were not mentioned, however as MMX said, it doesn't necessarily mean Campaign v Zombies team. More likely each map had slightly different groups due to contracting and rotations within the company.

I'd be interested in any other bits of evidence to suggest different teams however. Thank you for actually bringing something to the table on this claim that has been floating around for ages.

Reddit is a scary place. On a different note.

Yeah, there's more than likely certain groups working on certain maps due to contracting and rotation, but it's pretty interesting that his post implies that Team Zombies had a lesser role in Origins/Mob.

On a side note Reddit really isn't that scary of a place, but it can be pretty annoying. The beauty of it is that you can customize what kind of content your account and even easily crate your own "subreddit" (think of a mini community for a x topic) but the voting system completely favors little-effort posts, and disadvantages controversial opinions.

Treyarch are probably saying nothing because it's no ones business who made what maps, Treyarch made the game, Treyarch made the maps end of imo.

Good point, but I'm always curious about how the Team(s) made the maps, the Easter Eggs, the story quotes (because who doesn't like to hear about Vodka and Conspiracies?!) It's a shame we didn't get a CoDXP last year.

Edited by gamechanger

Either way, Sparky has worked on ALL the maps during BO2 cycles, and all that confirms is that Treyarch has one big group that develops ALL maps, They may cycle their maps between departments, or in some cases, other divisions (like Raven), they always have the dev's that are somewhat a part of every map either way.

I guess our (or at least some of us) thoughts that the N4 maps and the others being developed individually are false at least.

Awesome find Pinnaz.

I worked on "Origins" for a brief time after finishing my work on "Mob of the Dead", but I joined the zombies team to help finish "Buried", then I went to work on the intro cinematic for "Origins".  My tasks included creating & setting up all 6 maps used, setting up animations in Radiant, coordinating with the build, art, lighting, and animation teams.  I also arranged & detailed the easter egg map, but I'm going to wait for some more time to pass before I post screenshots of it to avoid spoiling it for anyone.

I think this gives us some good insight into it. Now he says he joined to the Zombies Team to work on Buried, but later on also mentions the build, art, lighting and animation teams. Now what I'm thinking is that, yes there are different teams. Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. But I think there isn't dedicated set of people in each one team. It's hard to explain so I'll explain in two ways, normal (hopefully) and a simplified version.

Black Ops has just finished. Treyarch starts working on Black Ops 2. The adverts have usually always being Single Player focused, and only really become MP and Zombies related real close to release. So of course, they would focus majorly on the Campaign. Those working on it would be called the Campaign Team. Now as the release date gets closer, they are completing things. They're now tasked to now help in the other divisions, MP and Zombies, but most likely MP. Henceforth, someone who was in the Campaign Team is now in the Multiplayer Team. By the time the game is released, there is no "Campaign Team", maybe the occasional person as there is no DLC released for, maybe a fixing patch for it though. But all those who were once part of the Campaign Team, are now part of either the Multiplayer or Zombies Team (or neither I suppose).

So a simpler explanation I hope: You have 200 people working at Treyarch. 150 of these a put into the C-Team, while the remaining 50 are split between M-Team and Z-Team. As development progresses, people from C-Team are slowly being moved over to the Z-Team and M-Team. Let's say it's now 100 on C-Team, and 100 split between Z-Team and M-Team. Now since Campaign is not really dealt with after launch, the C-Team gradually becomes empty. C-Team = 0, Z-Team = 100, M-Team = 100. Of course that's just a rough estimation. There would of course be dedicated people within each team would not move no matter what. But there would be people who move around between the teams. I'm not sure which one would require more people. Probably M-Team. But I guess whichever team is closer to finishing/finishes, there remaining resources would be moved over the other team. In this case, the Z-Team, so they can help get it finished.

I felt like this was wrote for nothing as it's pretty confusing lol but anyway:
TL;DR: The teams working on each part are always changing, so it's not just one dedicated team of people. Each map is not made by the exact same people every team.