Changes I would like to see in the next installment

• Tech Admin

*Edit* I should have mentioned that Jayghf1978'S thread on changes likes and dislikes thread got me thinking about this.

Lobby leaderboard
An introduction of this would in my opinion, let you or others actually check how good the other player actually is. Yes, the ranking system should show this but in reality it doesn't.

Think about those that have got shotguns, how did they achieve them? gameplay? Of course - some and probably most are extremely bloody good at this game.

However, I gaurantee a lot of these have been obtained by other methods (such as exploits) I know of one in Die Rise that can get you extremely high rounds and I know of one in Buried that can get you high rounds.

This can lead to shotgun rank in a matter of days/weeks depending on your current rank ratings. The rank doesn't show how good someone is but a lobby leaderboard would IMO.

Leaderboards

, how can a player that has played zombies (any map) have a better death ratio than me but only played the game once or a few times? So they have played it once or more and their downs/deaths are better than mine?

Rage quitters/dashboarders
Punish them, make them pay for ruining a game.

Everyone playing a game consisting of say 2 or more players on live, someone quits nothing happens. However, the likelyhood of a high leaderboard score has been removed because of this. Give them a sin bin, make them wait 10 minutes or so before they can play again. Something similar happened on multiplayer but can't recall if it was MW or BLOPS.

Match finding

WTF? It's a mess, I can search for a game, going through 50 matches and it finds none, then again and finds none. Going back to the main menu and trying again brings a bit of luck. How about showing the connection strength on the seach screen as well, showing who is hosting the game would be a good introduction (before the game starts).

How about a wee flag as well, you can tell from the IP the country of origin - a wee flag showing this would be an advantage.

Search preferences
Why not introduce a search preference, that allows you to search for a game for those with MICS, those without MICS and for those that aren't to fussed.

Also, I know people can host parties and such like but how about a search preference that allows you to search for games that your friends may also be playing?

Rank

The ability to have your rank reset. I let my wee boy play on my gamer tag & it's goosed as a result, trying to get to the skull with knives is taken a lot longer than I anticipated that it would. I'm not a bad player, not the best but not bad. I would/should be on knife with skull or possibly even shotguns. Multiplayer lets you reset, why not zombies?

I like the changes that have been introduced over the 3 zombies games WaW BLOPS1,2. I know others don't but change is sometimes good, it brings new players to the game and keeps it a bit fresh.

One last final introduction.

High rounders

Some of these high round folk are going for the high rounds in a legitimate fashion. How about introducing something different? All they get is hordes of zombies, every round getting more and more.

So lets say at round 50 introducing a challenge for them, round 60 a different challenge and so on and so forth. Keeps it fresh and keeps them occupied and on their toes.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldnt this be in future zombies? just saying.

i think they should havent gone with the ranking system at all. it was good enough for me to check the leaderboards. i dont hate the idea,just how they screwed it up. it gives people the idea that they are suprieor to you because they have a higher rank that they glitched/cheated to get. i know this is not everyone but the ones that act like jerks because they think they are suprieor is utter bull.

i like your ideas though.

Great minds think alike, I actually have been brainstorming on what changes should be made branched from the current leaderboards.

This game, unlike most others, set forth a great importance on who you play with. The randoms they match you with play such an enormous part on your success and experience that we blame them for the deficiencies. Arguments can be made that no matter how great you are, the three you play with can overshadow your skills and deliver disappointment. Especially true on BO2, where leaderboards abruptly ends with the first drop out.

The rankings for a while has been puzzling as well. I started my account with many short challenges and accumulated tons of downs. That played a huge part in my long delayed Knife rank and possibly never reaching shot guns. Guys who ascended quickly with the ranking can now relax, because they will not derank. Perhaps a more refined system, or at least publish the formula to ranks.

The random lobby is a complete mess. If you ever want to start a two player game, you need lady luck on your side. Private lobby like BO1 could easily fix this problem.

We have come to rely too much on randoms' cooperations, and hurt by their ineptness. Perhaps time to minimize their impact. I have a few suggestions.

1. Keep track of rage quitting numbers. Let it be visible.

2. Let the formula for the rankings be more human.

3. Rounds total not hindered by rage quitting. BO1 Rounds tracking was superior.

4. A better preferencial search. And the ability to boot users by the host.

5. Private match.

Mr. Treyarch if you are reading, the above list is my Christmas wish.

the option to kick if your the host would be a double edged sword. on the one hand it makes it easier to get good people and avoid trolls you have met,but it would prevent newbies from getting experience from high rounders and would make finding matches a lot more annoying. not for the idea,but not really opposed either. i think we should perform an expermint on this before we decide yay or nay.

• Administrators

the option to kick if your the host would be a double edged sword. on the one hand it makes it easier to get good people and avoid trolls you have met,but it would prevent newbies from getting experience from high rounders and would make finding matches a lot more annoying. not for the idea,but not really opposed either. i think we should perform an expermint on this before we decide yay or nay.

Have it as a consensus perhaps? Say that someone does something that irks you; if you are the host, you can go into the Pause menu and select the option "Boot Player". Everyone could get some kind of notification that there was a boot request. If at least two other people agree, then that person is booted. Of course, this shouldn't be a big problem if the rounds are still tracked as Jay had said.

• Tech Admin

Don't agree with the boot function, I feel it would and could be abused.

3 Friends playing a game, you join them. As you are a better/worse player but not being unsporting, then they could boot you from the game. So a 4 player game turns into a 3 player game. How does that affect the leader boards?

Lets say everyone's on round 40, highest round for everyone and a player gets booted, do they lose the highest round the have achieved? Does it go onto the 3 player leader board score or the 4 player leader board score or not at all?

As for it being in the future zombies category, I thought about it but thought this would be better suited here. I don't think it's about future zombies per say but about match making, leader boards and general improvements to these elements and not the physical game play ;)

In-game I would love to see der wonderfizz to return, I feel that would be a great installment, as well as the weapon's locker... The bank, permaperks, and other things along those lines need to go!

Rank can stay, but they need to improve it to show the actual skill of the player, not give a player no-knife because he can't be online every day of his life....

Also I would love to see a create-a-Class feature where one could exchange their starting pistol (m1911 for Mauser for ect.) for another kind of starting pistol, as well as change certain box weapons (such as the type25 for the tommy gun), oh and only allow you to hold 3 perma- perks at max. purhaps the bank in the next game won't give you your points back but rather take your points so you can use them at this menu (say 2000 points are needed for transactions and certain things need to be bought for other prices)

Lobby leaderboards, and counting private matches need to be re-installed

The whole earth-selection screen is... Kinda stupid IMO.... A comic book selection screen or purhaps an anchient tex screen that would decipher map names as you scrolled along it...

Greif mode and turned can return, but I would like to see a new mode like team-undeathmatch (much like the endgame for MOTD) and dead ops arcade 2....

Don't agree with the boot function, I feel it would and could be abused.

3 Friends playing a game, you join them. As you are a better/worse player but not being unsporting, then they could boot you from the game. So a 4 player game turns into a 3 player game. How does that affect the leader boards?

Lets say everyone's on round 40, highest round for everyone and a player gets booted, do they lose the highest round the have achieved? Does it go onto the 3 player leader board score or the 4 player leader board score or not at all?

As for it being in the future zombies category, I thought about it but thought this would be better suited here. I don't think it's about future zombies per say but about match making, leader boards and general improvements to these elements and not the physical game play ;)

totally agree here. would be abused alot. even with the vote option,it still doesnt appeal to me. again though let us test it before we throw it out the window and beat the living crap out of it.

and thanks for explaining why you posted this thread in general zombies warrior. i get the logic behind it :D

In-game I would love to see der wonderfizz to return, I feel that would be a great installment, as well as the weapon's locker... The bank, permaperks, and other things along those lines need to go!

Rank can stay, but they need to improve it to show the actual skill of the player, not give a player no-knife because he can't be online every day of his life....

Also I would love to see a create-a-Class feature where one could exchange their starting pistol (m1911 for Mauser for ect.) for another kind of starting pistol, as well as change certain box weapons (such as the type25 for the tommy gun), oh and only allow you to hold 3 perma- perks at max. purhaps the bank in the next game won't give you your points back but rather take your points so you can use them at this menu (say 2000 points are needed for transactions and certain things need to be bought for other prices)

Lobby leaderboards, and counting private matches need to be re-installed

The whole earth-selection screen is... Kinda stupid IMO.... A comic book selection screen or purhaps an anchient tex screen that would decipher map names as you scrolled along it...

Greif mode and turned can return, but I would like to see a new mode like team-undeathmatch (much like the endgame for MOTD) and dead ops arcade 2....

like the ideas here mocking. only one i am not wild about is the create a class,but thats because i got my own idea. i call it the recaller device. in a nutshell,it is looks like a navcard reader,but it has an actual affect on gameplay. upon building it for the first time it is saved onto your public file,much like the nav table. you will need to find recalling cards to use it. The first one you find will open it,allowing you to get weapons like the m1 garand and gweher. i know,these guns arent the best but they are cheap and the recaller device is usually near a viable location near spawn. as you gather more and more recalling cards,you will able to get more guns. it has a chance though of overloading with each use,therefore you will sometimes need to let it cool. Additionly,certain recalling cards may summon a boss from the past. it will do many more things,but i havent come up with any yet.

i dont really like the idea,but it was interesting enough for me to post about. as for now i am neutral on the recaller device. so is it a good idea? is it utter crap? or you are just as neutral as me about it? come on,hit the idea.

• Administrators

Playing everyday isn't required to rank up in the current system. The only thing it impacts are the slashes and blue eyes. I like the implementation of the additional leaderboards; however if they are going to have an emblem the need to include more than four. The emblems should showcase the skills that you excel in; the current are far too general. I would also like to bring back the lobby leaderboards. So we have a realistic view of our teammates.

My issue with this would be that we would no longer have an even playing field for all players and the leaderboards would be a disaster. This would be a nice addition for custom game though.

1. Keep track of rage quitting numbers. Let it be visible.

Yes!

Have it as a consensus perhaps? Say that someone does something that irks you; if you are the host, you can go into the Pause menu and select the option "Boot Player". Everyone could get some kind of notification that there was a boot request. If at least two other people agree, then that person is booted. Of course, this shouldn't be a big problem if the rounds are still tracked as Jay had said.

Most definitely L4D style. Zombies takes a lot of dedication and if someone is just bringing down the whole team. Kick 'em to the curb.

The create a class system wouldn't effect the game that much,

use of perm-perks still have to be earned, so if one was to use the jug PP they would still have to go down early on and revive themselves.

The guns in the box can only be changed with similar weapons: M1216 (4-round sg)-->Remington, python-->Remington NMarmy, M1911--->Mauser, it wouldn't effect guns such as the war machine and the snipers, as well as the wonder weapons, although the ray gun can be traded out for the ray gun M2 with the correct DLC or with the hardened addition, there is a MUCH smaller chance of getting the M2 though.

I feel like the ability to EARN weapons would be LOVED by players as well, so say you start off with nothing but by using the new bank and obtaining all kinds of achievements for new, possibly secret, weapons, you've opened up a whole new FEILD of possibilitys...

Maybe easter eggs can reward WWs like the thunder gun, Wunder waffe, and Hell's redeemer for custom game use only!

Of course it's all balanced for obvious reasons, we can't have kids blasting their way through the rounds with upgraded thunder gun, mulekick+, upgraded M2, Upgraded Fire staff, Wave gun, claymores, monkeys, and 9 perks....

OH! What if we had one mode called: Rush where players could enter a game of no-man's land with whichever load out they wanted, COMPLETELY OP and NONE of it counted towards your rank or leader boards! One could also change what difficulty the zombies were on Via holding X on a button in the middle of the room! SOO much FUN!!!!

The create a class system wouldn't effect the game that much,

use of perm-perks still have to be earned, so if one was to use the jug PP they would still have to go down early on and revive themselves.

The guns in the box can only be changed with similar weapons: M1216 (4-round sg)-->Remington, python-->Remington NMarmy, M1911--->Mauser, it wouldn't effect guns such as the war machine and the snipers, as well as the wonder weapons, although the ray gun can be traded out for the ray gun M2 with the correct DLC or with the hardened addition, there is a MUCH smaller chance of getting the M2 though.

I feel like the ability to EARN weapons would be LOVED by players as well, so say you start off with nothing but by using the new bank and obtaining all kinds of achievements for new, possibly secret, weapons, you've opened up a whole new FEILD of possibilitys...

Maybe easter eggs can reward WWs like the thunder gun, Wunder waffe, and Hell's redeemer for custom game use only!

Of course it's all balanced for obvious reasons, we can't have kids blasting their way through the rounds with upgraded thunder gun, mulekick+, upgraded M2, Upgraded Fire staff, Wave gun, claymores, monkeys, and 9 perks....

OH! What if we had one mode called: Rush where players could enter a game of no-man's land with whichever load out they wanted, COMPLETELY OP and NONE of it counted towards your rank or leader boards! One could also change what difficulty the zombies were on Via holding X on a button in the middle of the room! SOO much FUN!!!!

Most of this i am remaining neutral towards. but the rush idea is just awesome.Custom matches would get x50 better if rush was added. but it should be for custom games only. but still,awesome idea. Milk duds to you mocking.

I got my own ideas for gamemodes. They are escape,team turned,king of the hill,and lone wolf.

Escape:repair your transport while hindering the opposing team and delaying the undead. Although you can win via downing all 4 on the opposite team,that is the secondary way to win(although it doesnt count on the leaderboards),you must add all 7 parts to win.

Team Turned:4 humans,4 zombies,and 2 teams. each team has 2 rounds of being the living and the dead. Highest score wins.

King of the Hill:self explanatory.

Lone Wolf: 4 or 6 people fighting for their own interests as the undead lurk nearby. Once you pass round 6 you go down you go down for good(unless if everyone goes down)