FEAR RUVA! What, no not again!!!!

Ok so I want to talk about FEAR RUVA, and before everyone starts with the whole why are we talking about this again there’s nothing in it business hear me out. This maybe a ‘red-herring’ and I might be wasting your time but if you weren't reading this what would you be doing (working, school??).

So I’m sure most people have Googled RUVA and found that it is a girl’s name, a Company that makes sunbeds, and a protein. Well the only correlation we have to a girl’s name is the fact that Samantha and Misty are girls (WOW, the whole Zombie enigma is solved right there), and whilst I don’t want skin cancer I don’t think that is enough of a reason to ‘fear’ sunbeds his only leaves the RuvA Protein. Time for a Biochemistry lesson, whoop!!

In short the RuvA Protein is part of the RuvABC complex of proteins that branch migration in Holliday junctions created during homologous recombination in bacteria. Simple right, allow me to break this down further:

A Holliday junction is a mobile junction between four strands of DNA for a particular type of exchange of genetic information known as homologous recombination.

Homologous recombination is a type of genetic recombination in which nucleotide sequences (the basic building blocks of DNA) are exchanged between two similar or identical molecules of DNA. It is most widely used by cells to accurately repair harmful breaks that occur on both strands of DNA, known as double-strand breaks. Homologous recombination also produces new combinations of DNA sequences during meiosis, the process which makes gamete (a cell that fuses with another cell during fertilization (conception) in organisms that reproduce sexually) cells, like sperm and egg cells in animals. This is getting hard-core now; if you are under 18 ask your mother!!

Now in viruses homologous recombination is important for viral evolution. For example, if the genomes of two viruses with different disadvantageous mutations undergo recombination, then they may be able to regenerate a fully functional genome. Alternatively, if two similar viruses have infected the same host cell, homologous recombination can allow those two viruses to swap genes and thereby evolve more potent variations of themselves.

RuvA and RuvB bind to the four strand DNA structure formed in the Holliday junction intermediate, and migrate the strands through each other.

That’s enough of that, Yawn!!!, but I interpret this as RuvA being a protein which Binds DNA with together whilst it is being repaired or replicated. Now if RuvA is exposed to an element which alters its mechanism or function in some way, could the result be a change in the DNA of the host that has been infected?

RuvA may be nothing, or it may be everything. The protein which binds together DNA whilst it alters, if tainted could be the true cause of the Zombie infection, and element 115 merely a catalyst which alters RuvA in such a way that the DNA is altered to create a mind-less dumb creature we all know as Vahn, oops I mean Zombie.

Now I’m not a Biochemist or Microbiologist so I could be way off the mark with my interpretation of this and if I am then I apologise profusely for wasting your time.

Also this maybe a bit too deep even for Treyarch, going beyond the molecular structure of DNA to a binding protein just to have initials for map-pack names really is overkill, and does anyone even care how element 115 alters the body to create zombies. Is the why important, or is it just that it does?

Let me know what you think, hate me if you will for bringing this stupid, dead, non-topic back to the boards, but give me your opinions too.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all just stop with this Ruva stuff. It means NOTHING.

FEAR from BO1 may have been coincidence ( or not as it tied in nicely to the cold war setting for the game )

But this time there's nothing to it. No hidden meaning. Please just stop with this.

EDIT: Sorry if this seemed hostile, this fear RUVA stuff has been quite the annoyance to me.

Great researching but like others I just don't see this connecting. They're practically telling us to fear zombies when we already do and have been since WaW.

• Administrators

At ease, friendos. Give the man some credit for really trying to find a connection rather than making a thread that just says "FEAR TEDDS/RUVA omg this person needs to be stoppe like STOP RUS aliens". This was actually very deep and insightful if you ask me.

There doesn't seem to be any connection between zombies and this protein, nor is there a pure reason to fear it. But the possibilities are endless. Good researching, friendo. :)

This is a very well thought out post and I understand where you're coming from, but I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. I might be way off on this but I don't even think Treyarch know. I feel like they made it RUVA to stop the RUSS one that everyone kept talking about.

Again, I might be way off.....

Either way, I admire your post, fellow theorist.

+1 for your work.

This time I'm not going overboard in arguing this. It was a good theory to try to make it work, but it is most definitely a coincidence.

Even the BO1 map packs were. The real meaning of the map packs were like this:

First Strike: The Start of the fight. The Beginning

Escalation: The fight grows further, or the goal is nearer.

Annihilation: The end of the fight, where whoever lost is annihilated

Rezzurection: The defeated come back stronger, or a new fight begins

In other words, it's a cycle based on war or battle. That is the real easter egg of the map packs. Fear was just an irony. I guess you could say you should fear the cycle of war.

It's kinda similar with the BO2 maps, but I won't explain it as well so I won't bother.

Thanks to you all for the kind comments regarding my theorising I appreciate it. As you can tell I get pretty bored at work.

Sorry if this seemed hostile, this fear RUVA stuff has been quite the annoyance to me.

Dont worry about the hostility I understand it, RUVA seems to be a sore subject to everypne on here and I knew that before writing the post.

I expected much nore hostility if I'm honest.

I was just putting a new perspective to the initial theories and if I'm truly honest I don't think this is going anywhere. You can find a connection between anything if you look deep enough. Plus it beats work! :mrgreen:

First Strike: The Start of the fight. The Beginning

Escalation: The fight grows further, or the goal is nearer.

Annihilation: The end of the fight, where whoever lost is annihilated

Rezzurection: The defeated come back stronger, or a new fight begins

In other words, it's a cycle based on war or battle. That is the real easter egg of the map packs. Fear was just an irony. I guess you could say you should fear the cycle of war.

Insightful. I'd never put the connection of the map packs names together with the orogress of war. Interesting. :)

Well.... at least... it's different from the usual anagrams.

Personnally I think nothing of RUVA. It's nothing to me. I don't get why some people look this deep into map hints, we ain't getting any new ones until November 2014.

FEAR was probably intentional. But not RUVA.

Sorry if I come across as an ass in this post.