Earth Level Select Question?

Why is this how u select a level? B4 there were any dlcs out one would think wow this is what they put as a level selecter and there's 2 maps already near each other? We must be getting quite a few maps to fill a void this big? Something so massive as earth and so much space to put a variety of maps on.. One also would ask, how are they going to spread enough maps around the globe so it dosnt seem completely ponitless to have such a huge scale menu to harness with all that space? The answer is simple... Give no more than 6 zombies maps and stick half of them on the same continent literally miles apart and the other half can be spread? Getting to my point what was the point of having such a massive level selector and not use up any of the space on it and putting half of the maps near each other? There are 7 continents on earth and there 196 countries on earth... So why is it 3 of the maps which also stands for half are on the same continent/country... And for anybody to say well its to show how badly earth is after the rockets hit... Well I could understand that but half of the maps are set before the rockets hit (nuketown,motd,origins)... I just don't understand why they put this to select a level.. So much space unused, I could see this appropriate if there were more maps... Personally I thought we get all the old ones to fill up most of the space.. But if someone's got an opinion or answer let me know..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this how u select a level? B4 there were any dlcs out one would think wow this is what they put as a level selecter and there's 2 maps already near each other? We must be getting quite a few maps to fill a void this big? Something so massive as earth and so much space to put a variety of maps on.. One also would ask, how are they going to spread enough maps around the globe so it dosnt seem completely ponitless to have such a huge scale menu to harness with all that space? The answer is simple... Give no more than 6 zombies maps and stick half of them on the same continent literally miles apart and the other half can be spread? Getting to my point what was the point of having such a massive level selector and not use up any of the space on it and putting half of the maps near each other? There are 7 continents on earth and there 196 countries on earth... So why is it 3 of the maps which also stands for half are on the same continent/country... And for anybody to say well its to show how badly earth is after the rockets hit... Well I could understand that but half of the maps are set before the rockets hit (nuketown,motd,origins)... I just don't understand why they put this to select a level.. So much space unused, I could see this appropriate if there were more maps... Personally I thought we get all the old ones to fill up most of the space.. But if someone's got an opinion or answer let me know..

Because it looks cool? its way more creative than a list like the previous two games had?

kinda just sounds more like you're complaining about not having enough maps and less about the way in which you select them

I would appreciate some line breaks. It is a bit hard to read.

I am not a fan of Earth levels either. I liked it simple, anything that slow down the game/mode/map selection is a big no to me. And it is quite annoying to turn around the globe. I wish there was an easier way to select. But I agree with Birdman.

Thanks.

I am not a fan of Earth levels either. I liked it simple, anything that slow down the game/mode/map selection is a big no to me. And it is quite annoying to turn around the globe. I wish there was an easier way to select. But I agree with Birdman.

Thanks.

I definitely understand the liking simplicity, as i dont really like to have to hit select 4 times before i finally get to the match making part, but i do like the aesthetics of the earth select screen. Makes it appear much more like a standalone game mode, whereas on black ops 1 it still felt a bit like a mini game menu.

Thanks.

I definitely understand the liking simplicity, as i dont really like to have to hit select 4 times before i finally get to the match making part, but i do like the aesthetics of the earth select screen. Makes it appear much more like a standalone game mode, whereas on black ops 1 it still felt a bit like a mini game menu.

Agreed! :D

For those of u consider me as complaining about there not being enough maps ur right... NOT ENOUGH MAPS TO FILL UP THE FULL SCALE OF EARTH... I'm stating the select menu being earth is way to big for 6 maps and 3 of them being miles apart on the same country.... It would fit more appropriately if there were more maps spread out on the menu to take up the huge amount of space given instead of sticking half of them up each others asses... Birdman 22

For those of u consider me as complaining about there not being enough maps ur right... NOT ENOUGH MAPS TO FILL UP THE FULL SCALE OF EARTH... I'm stating the select menu being earth is way to big for 6 maps and 3 of them being miles apart on the same country.... It would fit more appropriately if there were more maps spread out on the menu to take up the huge amount of space given instead of sticking half of them up each others asses... Birdman 22

well i think it should be looked at less as "look at all this empty space on the earth they should make more maps to fill the space" and more of "oh wow, this map looks like a southwest US ghost town, but its actually in Africa?" it just serves the purpose of showing visually where a map actually is located. It never should have been looked at as expecting to get the entire surface of the earth filled with maps lol

Birdman all I'm saying is they should of took advantage of the space given on the menu select and space out some of the maps so the earth dosnt look completely unused there's nothing hard to grasp about it ur taking things a little to literal but good thing I'm patient enough to break it down for you.

Birdman all I'm saying is they should of took advantage of the space given on the menu select and space out some of the maps so the earth dosnt look completely unused there's nothing hard to grasp about it ur taking things a little to literal but good thing I'm patient enough to break it down for you.

Well thank you for your patience, but you've got it backwards. So they made a map at Alcatraz... where did you want them to put that on the map? the places on the map are already established. So basically what you're saying is, based on the already established places on the earth, the developers should have chosen the location of the zombies maps based purely off of their proximity on the globe to one another? do you understand how silly that sounds?

The reason we have the earth is because it's easier for them to port it over from MP side. In the MP menu you have the earth showing the location of players. It rests in the same spot as the zombies one and turns at the same speed. It's simply because Treyarch is lazy.

The reason we have the earth is because it's easier for them to port it over from MP side. In the MP menu you have the earth showing the location of players. It rests in the same spot as the zombies one and turns at the same speed. It's simply because Treyarch is lazy.

This is not true. Yes the Earth in Zombies is probably the same one used in MP but reskinned.

Other than that, the Zombies UI is completely written from scratch.

No birdman I'm not saying that at all... there 7 different continents on earth there 196 different countries on earth they could of chosen different locations to have zombies maps.... And had a balance of diversity and that would entail a reason for a globe as a menu select because most of the maps would be around the world not half on one continent less than miles apart... Bottom line the globe is pointless as a select menu when most of zombie map locations are in the same area.. I'm not saying anything to monolithic.. People can understand the zombies story line but can't understand this?...

No birdman I'm not saying that at all... there 7 different continents on earth there 196 different countries on earth they could of chosen different locations to have zombies maps.... And had a balance of diversity and that would entail a reason for a globe as a menu select because most of the maps would be around the world not half on one continent less than miles apart... Bottom line the globe is pointless as a select menu when most of zombie map locations are in the same area.. I'm not saying anything to monolithic.. People can understand the zombies story line but can't understand this?...

It does serve a point. It looks foreskin awesome. Bottom line. Nothing else. If you have a better idea go make your own damn game and stop bitchin @ birdman

Bottom line the globe is pointless as a select menu when most of zombie map locations are in the same area.. I'm not saying anything to monolithic.. People can understand the zombies story line but can't understand this?...

"most of the locations are in the same area"

Let's take a look at the maps/continents shall we, we have:

1 in Europe.

1 in Asia.

1 in Africa.

2 in the States. (3 if you count NZ)

So that means every continent (with the exception of Australia and Antartica) has been covered with atleast 1 zombie map.

I really don't see a reason to complain about this.

the point i'm making is it makes zero sense to place geographic limitations on creating a zombie map. ok the first map is in Washington state. "Hey we think it would be really cool to do a zombies map at Alcatraz" "Nope, that is too close to washington on the globe, pick somewhere further away so we use up all the empty space."

What happens is the team decides where the map is, they make said map, then the icon is placed over the location of the map.

thats all there is to it, is to show the players where on Earth each map takes place

on top of that, 70% of the earth is covered by water anyway lol. so we're already down to 30% of the earth's surface where the maps can be placed anyway :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks if they did add in the BO1 maps there will be a hell of a lot of places on the map? And WAY too many modes/maps to play, it would be way too spread out that I bet some places would be dead, meaning barely enough people would be in that map or mode.

First of all people want to know where the nazis have gone in the game mode nazi zombies and its been under our noses all this time the nazis had no where to go since treyarch uses different zombies and the nazis needed something to do now that there out of the picture so they turn to the Internet since its the twenty first centry and jumped on the blogs and took over callofdutyzombies.com and if something dosnt fit in there realm of reasoning its off to the burners for u and if u disagree with something treyarch does consider yourself ash in an ash tray because god forbid u question the almighty treyarch... Listen for all u rail riders (rail meaning dick I have to keep it pg on this site I don't want to break any of "their commandments") black ops 2 sucked it was terrible the worst out of all them and if u love it so much tell me it's better then waw and blops zombies show how stupid u are for defending this disgrace of a game. Those bullshit new characters sucked there was nothing to like about black ops 2 it all sucked with the exception of motd and that's because it was made by single player team.... The zombies team at treyarch sucks and instead of saying anything about it u just ride their coat tails and enjoyed getting jizzed in ur mouth with dignity... Tranzit was terrible worst map of all time and pre order to get nuketown zombies only to release it a month later without even expanding anything on the map was a loogie to the face but of course u guys would wipe it off and lick it off ur fingers cuz ull take any attention treyarch gives u.. If u could defend black ops 2 in any other way other than motd ur an idiot. Treyarch blew this black ops and if they did a blops 3 and it was in the future again and brought back the t4 ud still go along with it like idiots... Tell me black ops 2 is better then black ops 1 and waw and show how stupid u really are..

Anyways I wasn't saying anything about the whole entire globe every square inch should be covered with zombies maps but half of the maps are in one area on a globe. As big as the world is they should of chosen different locations for zombies maps around the world other than keeping half on the west coast of America. They chose to have the zombie menu as the scale of earth but most maps are in one area is retarded if u got rid of pointless maps like tranzit (oh awesome Washington state town ever since zombies came out I said in the back of my mind a small town in Washington would be perfect for a map) and nuketown. (Yeah sweet nuketown and what even better dont expand anything on it keep as it was in mp) and replace them with two completely different maps both on different sections on earth I'd see for a reason for having the globe as a zombie menu to signify all the maps spread across the globe not 3 in the same area. They shouldn't of done it like this if they were going to have half literally right next to each other.